PS4 sets April sales records for software (since 1995) and hardware (since 2009)

• 130 results
Dark_sageX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 236

User Lists: 0

#101 Dark_sageX
Member since 2003 • 3561 Posts
@quadknight said:
@Dark_sageX said:
@quadknight said:
@Dark_sageX said:

uummm OP, your "source" is a comment from a guy from another forum......who got banned....do you have a real source?

His source's source is THIS.

Cry harder.

Thats odd, i thought you blocked me? guess you didn't have enough huh?

Anyway, congrats to sony for having THE HIGHEST EVER SALES! (of April), good for you little peasant, good for you. XD

Says the butthurt clown crying that PS4 is destroying his fanboy hopes and dreams.

Don't you have some low budget shitty preview game on Steam to be hyping instead of making an ass of yourself here Mr "exclusives don't sell systems"?

lol calm down you hopeless cow. also No where in the source did it state that God of War sold systems, but lol OK whatever you say Quady (can i call you Quady?), I honestly don't care about sales, only peasants who depend on the sale of a console care about such crap, its beneath me.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#102 commander
Member since 2010 • 16217 Posts

@quadknight said:
@commander said:
@quadknight said:
@commander said:

not much of an achievement, there were two billion less people in 1995, that's roughly 25 percent more people today.

Not to mention gaming got more popular in general, and cheaper too.

The price of games has hardly increased, a super nintendo game was 50 bucks back in the day, now it's 55-60, 50 bucks back in 1995 is the same as 84$ now.

Dat damage control. By the same logic you're using the Xbone is a monumental flop of epic proportions since it's doing Gamecube era numbers in 2018.

what damage control, who cares about amount of sales apart from stock holders lmao.

? You clearly do otherwise you wouldn’t be damage controlling in this thread.

pointing out the facts is not damage controlling.

ButDuuude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#103  Edited By ButDuuude
Member since 2013 • 1907 Posts

I feel sorry for the people that paid $80 to play with cardboard. Hey, if that's your thing I won't judge you....that much.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#104  Edited By QuadKnight
Member since 2015 • 12916 Posts

@commander: Nope. Still looks like butthurt damage control to me. ? Keep damage controlling you undercover salty lem.

@Dark_sageX said:
@quadknight said:
@Dark_sageX said:
@quadknight said:

Cry harder.

Anyway, congrats to sony for having THE HIGHEST EVER SALES! (of April), good for you little peasant, good for you. XD

Says the butthurt clown crying that PS4 is destroying his fanboy hopes and dreams.

Don't you have some low budget shitty preview game on Steam to be hyping instead of making an ass of yourself here Mr "exclusives don't sell systems"?

lol calm down you hopeless cow. also No where in the source did it state that God of War sold systems, but lol OK whatever you say Quady (can i call you Quady?), I honestly don't care about sales, only peasants who depend on the sale of a console care about such crap, its beneath me.

And yet you’re in here damage controlling PS4 and GOW’s sales.

”? B...bu...bu...but I don’t care!!”

You’re saying you don’t care but the salty posts you’re making in this theead say otherwise ?. If you really didn’t care you wouldn’t be posting here.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#105 Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 20103 Posts

@commander said:
@quadknight said:
@commander said:
@quadknight said:
@commander said:

not much of an achievement, there were two billion less people in 1995, that's roughly 25 percent more people today.

The price of games has hardly increased, a super nintendo game was 50 bucks back in the day, now it's 55-60, 50 bucks back in 1995 is the same as 84$ now.

Dat damage control. By the same logic you're using the Xbone is a monumental flop of epic proportions since it's doing Gamecube era numbers in 2018.

what damage control, who cares about amount of sales apart from stock holders lmao.

? You clearly do otherwise you wouldn’t be damage controlling in this thread.

pointing out the facts is not damage controlling.

Taking that attach rate damage control to new levels dude.

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11084 Posts
@Dark_sageX said:
@quadknight said:
@Dark_sageX said:
@quadknight said:
@Dark_sageX said:

uummm OP, your "source" is a comment from a guy from another forum......who got banned....do you have a real source?

Cry harder.

Why doesn't anyone in SW care about sales anymore?! It is a mystery to me. I guess I missed the memo when this turned into a forum about crocheting needles.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By QuadKnight

@BenjaminBanklin: ? When your side is losing in sales month after month and year after year you suddenly stop “caring” about sales but you still come into sales threads to let people know how much you “don’t care”.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By commander

@quadknight said:

@commander: Nope. Still looks like butthurt damage control to me. ? Keep damage controlling you undercover salty lem.

maybe that's because you lack the mental capacity to grasp such an obvious mathemical difference.

It could also be an explanation why you always revert to the same comments in system wars. You could have said something like the ps4 is still more popular because it sells more and so on,

But no you will say buthurt salty lem with no arguments whatsoever, just like you always do.

Maybe you should try to use some arguments because spamming the same old tired comments adds zero value to this board.

and I don't know why you use the word undercover, I am an xbox fan and everyone here knows that

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By QuadKnight

@commander said:
@quadknight said:

maybe that's because you lack the mental capacity to grasp such an obvious mathemical difference.

It could also be an explanation why you always revert to the same comments in system wars. You could have said something like the ps4 is still more popular because it sells more and so on,

But no you will say buthurt salty lem with no arguments whatsoever, just like you always do.

Maybe you should try to use some arguments because spamming the same old tired comments adds zero value to this board.

and I don't know why you use the word undercover, I am an xbox fan and everyone here knows that

?? Looks like I struck a nerve. Look at all that salt. PS4’s success is really doing a number on you lems. You claim not to be doing damage control but your ass is still damage controlling and trying to downplay PS4’s success because it’s wrecking your precious FlopBoneX.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 commander

@quadknight said:
@commander said:
@quadknight said:

?? Looks like I struck a nerve. Look at all that salt. PS4’s success is really doing a number on you lems. You claim not to be doing damage control but your ass is still damage controlling and trying to downplay PS4’s success because it’s wrecking your precious FlopBoneX.

you didn't struck a nerve, you always type the same tired comments, it's like arguing with a 12 year old.

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts

So God of War and Uncharted are now bigger than Halo and Gears. Oh how times have changed.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 QuadKnight

@commander: It's okay butthurt commander, no need to be angry just be better lol.

@NathanDrakeSwag said:

So God of War and Uncharted are now bigger than Halo and Gears. Oh how times have changed.

Yup, times have really changed. I wonder why people act surprised that Xbone is struggling. If Halo and Gears are struggling of course Xbox will suffer, Xbox is built entirely on the back of those two franchises.

Forza is a niche franchise that can't support a console so everything falls on those two.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22374 Posts

@quadknight said:
@commander said:
@quadknight said:

Do you ever actually go back and read what you type once in a while? It's such utter nonsense that it's actually quite entertaining. You are the textbook definition of a millennial fanboy. You just seem to be on autopilot 24/7.

Let's see what cut & paste response you reply with... "struck another nerve lolololol look at the butthurt lem stay salty" blah blah. Lmao.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 commander

@hrt_rulz01 said:
@quadknight said:
@commander said:

Do you ever actually go back and read what you type once in a while? It's such utter nonsense that it's actually quite entertaining. You are the textbook definition of a millennial fanboy. You just seem to be on autopilot 24/7.

Let's see what cut & paste response you reply with... "struck another nerve lolololol look at the butthurt lem stay salty" blah blah. Lmao.

I mean saying that once in a while to rub it in can be fun, but he's saying it all the time, even on times it has nothing to do with it. It's like someone that wants to do a high five all the time lol.

ReCloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#115  Edited By ReCloud
Member since 2018 • 4418 Posts

@commander: well, I came just to say that even with 2 more billion people in the world, the Xbox can't sell more than the GameCube, or the n64.

It can't break and records, it can only flop.

And let me remind you that the Xbox suffers price cut after price cut, it is cheaper than ever and still flops

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By QuadKnight
@commander said:
@hrt_rulz01 said:
@quadknight said:
@commander said:

I mean saying that once in a while to rub it in can be fun, but he's saying it all the time, even on times it has nothing to do with it. It's like someone that wants to do a high five all the time lol.

? Ahhh...the sweet taste of asshurt Xthot tears...

:D So refreshing! They claim not to care about sales but always appear in every sales thread to cry and nourish us with their tears.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22374 Posts

@commander said:
@hrt_rulz01 said:
@quadknight said:
@commander said:

Lol, yeah... like I said, he's just on autopilot. I'm sure he doesn't even read most people's posts properly, he just automatically copies & pastes his usual fanboy bullsh*t that's on repeat.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By QuadKnight
@hrt_rulz01 said:
@commander said:
@hrt_rulz01 said:
@quadknight said:

Lol, yeah... like I said, he's just on autopilot. I'm sure he doesn't even read most people's posts properly, he just automatically copies & pastes his usual fanboy bullsh*t that's on repeat.

Why would I bother reading you clowns' butthurt essays? You Xthots repeat the same damage control over and over again that you've been doing the whole gen that hasn't worked for you.

? It's far easier and more entertaining to just troll you guys into having a meltdown. You clowns take my bait every time.

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts
@hrt_rulz01 said:

Judging from software sales it would seem they're having a good time playing games on it.

That Sea of Thieves drop off is brutal. Outsold by a niche Japanese game.

Kali-B1rd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 Kali-B1rd
Member since 2018 • 2241 Posts

@recloud said:

@kali-b1rd: "Your cheerleader Re-Cloud will save the day by approving of your drivel."

Loading Video...

but you do cheerlead, and you passive-agressivly reply through others often...

are you not self aware or what?

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 QuadKnight
@NathanDrakeSwag said:
@hrt_rulz01 said:

Judging from software sales it would seem they're having a good time playing games on it.

That Sea of Thieves drop off is brutal. Outsold by a niche Japanese game.

That meme was stupid and never made any sense even back in 2006.

All lems have this gen is stupid outdated memes and a $500 paperweight with no games ?

ReCloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 ReCloud
Member since 2018 • 4418 Posts

@kali-b1rd: the real question is: why you so obsessed with me? Boy I wanna know

kyacat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#123 kyacat
Member since 2003 • 4408 Posts

@quadknight said:

@Dark_sageX said:
@quadknight said:
@Dark_sageX said:
@quadknight said:

Cry harder.

And yet you’re in here damage controlling PS4 and GOW’s sales.

”? B...bu...bu...but I don’t care!!”

You’re saying you don’t care but the salty posts you’re making in this theead say otherwise ?. If you really didn’t care you wouldn’t be posting here.

Quad can you believe a poor Lem in denial about God of War fanbase who help sell more PS4

shellcase86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 shellcase86
Member since 2012 • 6848 Posts

@NathanDrakeSwag said:

Wow. Nice perspective. Haven't even thought if it in that sense. It's like we're in bizarro world.

j2zon2591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 j2zon2591
Member since 2005 • 3571 Posts

Wait? UC and GoW are more popular than gears and halo now? I would never have expected that. Is that really true?

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@Dark_sageX said:

Compare sales to other years and you will see it did sell systems.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 tormentos

@kali-b1rd said:
@reduc_ab_ said:

This once and for all puts to rest the "exclusives don't matter" argument. What further proof could anybody possibly need?

It took 18 months to get the first real bigexclusive (Bloodborne)...

By that point they were already way ahead, the snowball effect of the generation had already begun.

Coupled with cheaper prices (for a long time) and far better world-wide brand power....

Exclusives help, but it's not why the gap is so large.

OK by first real big exclusive you mean 9 or better surely and only on PS4,since Infamous hit just months after launch,so did TLOU one didn't reach 9+ status and the other was on PS3.

If that is really your argument then the xbox one is almost 5 years old and still waiting for its first REAL big exclusive,because Halo 5 or gears 4 both failed to hit 9 or better mark in fact Halo 5 is one of the lowest score halo in the series so is gears 4,Forza Horizon which was the only exclusive with a 9 or better score isn't really a real exclusive it was on PC as well.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By tormentos

@commander said:

My god..lol

The record wasn't from 1995,it was from 2008 and the 360 held it, the stats started to track in 1995 i am sure if games were $60 like last gen as well on 2000 the PS2 would have probably held that record 360 games were $10 more expensive than xbox,GC and PS2 games,games today still are $60.

Snes games weren't $50 so maybe you started gaming on the PS1 era or latter or your mom use to pay for your games back then,Snes games were $70 and some even $80 i payed $79.99 for MK2,SF2,Zelda,Earthbound,Killer Instinct and many others,and payed $69.99 for Breath of fire 2,Lufia and many others.

Also applying inflacion is a stupid thing to do,as the money been compare is accounted for as is,a game was $49.99 in those days so it was accounted as that,you can't add inflation when you compare those games,with inflation Snes games were over $100,oh and N64 games were $70 to not $50.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By QuadKnight
@j2zon2591 said:

Wait? UC and GoW are more popular than gears and halo now? I would never have expected that. Is that really true?

It's true. This gen UC4 and GOW have sold more copies than Halo 5 and Gears 4. Even a new IP like Horizon has outsold Gears 4 and Halo 5.

The tables flipped on MS this gen and their big franchises aren't what they used to be while Sony's franchises are becoming more popular than ever.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 QuadKnight

@kyacat: The dude is a total clown.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 tormentos

@quadknight said:
@j2zon2591 said:

It's true. This gen UC4 and GOW have sold more copies than Halo 5 and Gears 4. Even a new IP like Horizon has outsold Gears 4 and Halo 5.

The tables flipped on MS this gen and their big franchises aren't what they used to be while Sony's franchises are becoming more popular than ever.

I remember how they use to brag about Halo sales,and how exclusives on PS didn't sell,look at them now Halo 5 beaten by Uncharted sales and score wise..lol

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 QuadKnight
@tormentos said:
@quadknight said:
@j2zon2591 said:

I remember how they use to brag about Halo sales,and how exclusives on PS didn't sell,look at them now Halo 5 beaten by Uncharted sales and score wise..lol

Everything they said in the past has come back to bite them in the ass. I love it!