PS4's version of NFS is more impressive than PC version

  • 60 results
  • 1
  • 2

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for -Damien-
#1 Edited by -Damien- (5355 posts) -

PS4 is so powerful, it's delivering pwnage even to PC games.

PS4 pwnd PC

Avatar image for jhonMalcovich
#2 Edited by jhonMalcovich (7090 posts) -

I have certain doubts about that. Probably the developer was just working more on PS4 version. Or they didn´t bother to implemet ultra settings for PC yet.

Avatar image for lostrib
#3 Posted by lostrib (49999 posts) -

wasn't the PC used continuously at expos/conventions to demo the new NFS?

On a slightly unrelated note, why the **** are they making a NFS movie?

Avatar image for musicalmac
#4 Posted by musicalmac (24897 posts) -

Game*, singular. Can the PS4 version be enjoyed at 1440p?

Avatar image for clyde46
#5 Posted by clyde46 (49053 posts) -

Didn't EA say that the PC version was using the last gen engine? TC confirmed for idiot.

Avatar image for NFJSupreme
#6 Edited by NFJSupreme (6557 posts) -

Only means that they ported the current generation to pc nothing more. Doesn't say much about the power of the ps4 or pc.

Avatar image for FlamesOfGrey
#7 Posted by FlamesOfGrey (7511 posts) -

You give PS fanboys a bad name seriously. My PC destroys a PS4.

Avatar image for jhonMalcovich
#8 Edited by jhonMalcovich (7090 posts) -

Probably the developer intentionally gimped the PC version to make PS4 look better, which is a dick promotional move. If that level of quality migrates to the final version, then I won´t just be buying next NFS. Project Cars FTW.

EA had better get their shit together. They are not very popular now, so if they don´t stop sucking on MS and Sony, they risk to lose the biggest install base of next gen, which is PC gamers.

Avatar image for -Damien-
#9 Posted by -Damien- (5355 posts) -

@FlamesOfGrey said:

You give PS fanboys a bad name seriously. My PC destroys a PS4.

yeah? how much your PC cost? 1500? 2K? 3K?

Avatar image for Heil68
#10 Edited by Heil68 (57960 posts) -

Not surprising really considering how powerful the PS4 is.

Avatar image for clyde46
#11 Edited by clyde46 (49053 posts) -

@Heil68 said:

Not surprising really considering how powerful the PS4 is.

A midrange GPU and a laptop CPU are considered powerful? :LOL:

Avatar image for Sollet
#12 Posted by Sollet (8075 posts) -

lol I call BS.

Avatar image for FlamesOfGrey
#13 Edited by FlamesOfGrey (7511 posts) -
@-Damien- said:

@FlamesOfGrey said:

You give PS fanboys a bad name seriously. My PC destroys a PS4.

yeah? how much your PC cost? 1500? 2K? 3K?

Now you want to get into separation of price ranges? If you're going to brag about the PS4 being better then PC then you better clarify the range. You made a blanket statement. PS4 being better then low end PCs isn't impressive.

Avatar image for waltefmoney
#14 Posted by waltefmoney (18030 posts) -

I thought cows were against forced parity?

Avatar image for ocidax
#15 Posted by ocidax (791 posts) -

PS4 Marketing S...t. No logic

Avatar image for k2theswiss
#17 Edited by k2theswiss (16599 posts) -

I can pretty much promise the settings in game/ t.v settings was more to dudes liking.... ect brightness/contrast/boom.

Avatar image for k2theswiss
#18 Edited by k2theswiss (16599 posts) -

@lostrib said:

wasn't the PC used continuously at expos/conventions to demo the new NFS?

On a slightly unrelated note, why the **** are they making a NFS movie?

because they want to, name brand and "need for speed" in title sounds a a lot better for racing then some stupid name

Avatar image for adamosmaki
#19 Posted by adamosmaki (10579 posts) -

Besides calling BS since they didnt even mentioned what pc they were playing on and what settings they used that makes what ? 2 future games looking better on Ps4 ? Congrats i guess? Meanwhile 95% of multiplatforms will look better on pc

Avatar image for remiks00
#20 Edited by remiks00 (3797 posts) -

@clyde46 said:

@Heil68 said:

Not surprising really considering how powerful the PS4 is.

A midrange GPU and a laptop CPU are considered powerful? :LOL:

lmfao.

@clyde46 don't take Heil68 too seriously, he's just trolling. His posts always make me laugh. One of my favorite users on here. ;)

Avatar image for tormentos
#21 Posted by tormentos (26765 posts) -

@clyde46 said:

Didn't EA say that the PC version was using the last gen engine? TC confirmed for idiot.

@NFJSupreme said:

Only means that they ported the current generation to pc nothing more. Doesn't say much about the power of the ps4 or pc.

Irrelevant when the end results is the PS4 version looks better,the average joe that see the game will not know why the PS4 version look better.

@jhonMalcovich said:

Probably the developer intentionally gimped the PC version to make PS4 look better, which is a dick promotional move. If that level of quality migrates to the final version, then I won´t just be buying next NFS. Project Cars FTW.

EA had better get their shit together. They are not very popular now, so if they don´t stop sucking on MS and Sony, they risk to lose the biggest install base of next gen, which is PC gamers.

Stupid comment of the Month.

Avatar image for clyde46
#22 Edited by clyde46 (49053 posts) -

@tormentos said:

@clyde46 said:

Didn't EA say that the PC version was using the last gen engine? TC confirmed for idiot.

@NFJSupreme said:

Only means that they ported the current generation to pc nothing more. Doesn't say much about the power of the ps4 or pc.

Irrelevant when the end results is the PS4 version looks better,the average joe that see the game will not know why the PS4 version look better.

@jhonMalcovich said:

Probably the developer intentionally gimped the PC version to make PS4 look better, which is a dick promotional move. If that level of quality migrates to the final version, then I won´t just be buying next NFS. Project Cars FTW.

EA had better get their shit together. They are not very popular now, so if they don´t stop sucking on MS and Sony, they risk to lose the biggest install base of next gen, which is PC gamers.

Stupid comment of the Month.

Look at all that spin!

Avatar image for Kinthalis
#23 Posted by Kinthalis (5503 posts) -

The most likely scenerio here is that the settings weren't set appropriatley for the demo. IT's some polygon dude, that probably never plays on PC and wouldn't think to look at the video settings.

We also don't know what hardware the PC was running.

So it could have been low end PC's, or a video settings difference between the PS4 and PC.

But watch cows hold on to this silly comment for dear life, even though EVERY other multi-plat ahs been confirmed to run/look better on PC AND sometimes feature PC exclusive graphics options.

They'll be shouting it from the streets!

"But, but, NFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Avatar image for tormentos
#24 Posted by tormentos (26765 posts) -

@clyde46 said:

Look at all that spin!

Well you are the one with damage control calling people idiots..lol

Avatar image for clyde46
#25 Posted by clyde46 (49053 posts) -

@tormentos said:

@clyde46 said:

Look at all that spin!

Well you are the one with damage control calling people idiots..lol

Umm what? EA have said that the PC is using last gen's engine...... Thats not D/C, thats fact but for you, the King of Spin here on GS that fact appears not to matter.

Avatar image for tormentos
#26 Posted by tormentos (26765 posts) -

@Kinthalis said:

The most likely scenerio here is that the settings weren't set appropriatley for the demo. IT's some polygon dude, that probably never plays on PC and wouldn't think to look at the video settings.

We also don't know what hardware the PC was running.

So it could have been low end PC's, or a video settings difference between the PS4 and PC.

But watch cows hold on to this silly comment for dear life, even though EVERY other multi-plat ahs been confirmed to run/look better on PC AND sometimes feature PC exclusive graphics options.

They'll be shouting it from the streets!

"But, but, NFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Really.?

So it was set to low quality on PC right.?

This is the reason you got banned on neogaf for trolling on a BF4 thread,when images of high vs medium were posted and they looked almost the same,you over react to much...lol

Avatar image for Kinthalis
#27 Posted by Kinthalis (5503 posts) -

@tormentos said:

@Kinthalis said:

The most likely scenerio here is that the settings weren't set appropriatley for the demo. IT's some polygon dude, that probably never plays on PC and wouldn't think to look at the video settings.

We also don't know what hardware the PC was running.

So it could have been low end PC's, or a video settings difference between the PS4 and PC.

But watch cows hold on to this silly comment for dear life, even though EVERY other multi-plat ahs been confirmed to run/look better on PC AND sometimes feature PC exclusive graphics options.

They'll be shouting it from the streets!

"But, but, NFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Really.?

So it was set to low quality on PC right.?

This is the reason you got banned on neogaf for trolling on a BF4 thread,when images of high vs medium were posted and they looked almost the same,you over react to much...lol

No, I don't know why the plygon guy said that. But you gotta figure: What's more likely? That someone didn't set up the setting sappropriately, or that the PC's used were lwoer end.. or that the PS4 version of THIS multi-plat game and Yet THIS game only somehow look better on the PS4? When in contrast ALL other shown multi-plat games look and run better on PC?

You tell me. What's more likely? That they purposely gimped the PC version? That they magically made the PS4 more powerful than a high end PC? Or that the the settings or hardware were lower end?

Avatar image for tormentos
#28 Posted by tormentos (26765 posts) -

@clyde46 said:

Umm what? EA have said that the PC is using last gen's engine...... Thats not D/C, thats fact but for you, the King of Spin here on GS that fact appears not to matter.

Yes but you did not have to call him idiot..hahaha...

And like i say it still is irrelevant when people look at both version and the end results is the PS4 version look better,it could have been plain sabotage from all we know the results still is the same.

Avatar image for tormentos
#29 Posted by tormentos (26765 posts) -

@Kinthalis said:

No, I don't know why the plygon guy said that. But you gotta figure: What's more likely? That someone didn't set up the setting sappropriately, or that the PC's used were lwoer end.. or that the PS4 version of THIS multi-plat game and Yet THIS game only somehow look better on the PS4? When in contrast ALL other shown multi-plat games look and run better on PC?

You tell me. What's more likely? That they purposely gimped the PC version? That they magically made the PS4 more powerful than a high end PC? Or that the the settings or hardware were lower end?

Honestly talking.?

This is EA the fact that the PS4 version is say to look better is a testament of much they suck,and how all they want is a quick cash grab.

Avatar image for Frozzik
#32 Posted by Frozzik (3907 posts) -

This is the norm for most games like this early in a generation. Sports/racing games from developers like EA were based on the Xbox and PS2 engines at the start of this gen. It will be no different this time. It makes perfect business sense. Lets face it, if you want to play Need for Speed games or sports titles you don't buy a gaming PC.

Avatar image for silversix_
#33 Posted by silversix_ (26347 posts) -

can some1 please tell me how the f*ck did this game managed to look better than both F5 and Drive Club? I don't get it.

Avatar image for GTSaiyanjin2
#34 Edited by GTSaiyanjin2 (6018 posts) -

@clyde46 said:

Didn't EA say that the PC version was using the last gen engine? TC confirmed for idiot.

They actually said the PC version would be using the same engine as the X1 and PS4. I also remember them saying PC would be the best version, I take it mainly because it would be running at 60 FPS. I mean they are using frostbite 3, I dont really see how they can gimp the PC version.

Avatar image for Jankarcop
#35 Edited by Jankarcop (11056 posts) -

pc version will be the best like nearl all other games ever made.

Avatar image for clyde46
#36 Edited by clyde46 (49053 posts) -

@GTSaiyanjin2 said:

@clyde46 said:

Didn't EA say that the PC version was using the last gen engine? TC confirmed for idiot.

They actually said the PC version would be using the same engine as the X1 and PS4. I also remember them saying PC would be the best version, I take it mainly because it would be running at 60 FPS. I mean they are using frostbite 3, I dont really see how they can gimp the PC version.

I know Fifa on PC is running on last gen engines, I thought they were doing the same with NFS.

Avatar image for UNcartMe
#37 Edited by UNcartMe (723 posts) -

It's because no one buys PC games at full retail. Most either wait for steam sales or just illegally download them.

Avatar image for Kinthalis
#38 Posted by Kinthalis (5503 posts) -

Well, well, well.

Kotaku now says that they are identical. Same event too. Though this time the guy actually points out that he didn't know what settings the PC version was running.

Avatar image for tormentos
#39 Posted by tormentos (26765 posts) -

@Kinthalis said:

Well, well, well.

Kotaku now says that they are identical. Same event too. Though this time the guy actually points out that he didn't know what settings the PC version was running.

They also say both look great,and like always the xbox one version is missing in action..

Avatar image for clyde46
#40 Edited by clyde46 (49053 posts) -

@UNcartMe said:

It's because no one buys PC games at full retail. Most either wait for steam sales or just illegally download them.

And console users buy used which is the worst thing for this industry. Once again, console users don't give a crap about the very industry they love to take from.

Avatar image for GTSaiyanjin2
#41 Edited by GTSaiyanjin2 (6018 posts) -

@clyde46 said:

@GTSaiyanjin2 said:

@clyde46 said:

Didn't EA say that the PC version was using the last gen engine? TC confirmed for idiot.

They actually said the PC version would be using the same engine as the X1 and PS4. I also remember them saying PC would be the best version, I take it mainly because it would be running at 60 FPS. I mean they are using frostbite 3, I dont really see how they can gimp the PC version.

I know Fifa on PC is running on last gen engines, I thought they were doing the same with NFS.

Yeah that would be the EA ignite engine. NFS is not using that. FIFA,Madden,NBA live, and the UFC game are using it.

Avatar image for Puckhog04
#42 Posted by Puckhog04 (22814 posts) -

And yet, it's still NFS, so it'll suck by default. I pity anyone buying this game at launch with the PS4. Though I'm not surprised as there is nothing really to buy at launch for either Console.

Avatar image for killzowned24
#43 Posted by killzowned24 (7345 posts) -

It will definitely look better than xbone too. I remember shu tweeting about it :P

Avatar image for NameIess_One
#44 Posted by NameIess_One (1077 posts) -

Unless the PC version is a port of the PS360 version, or is running on some older engine, I find this pretty hard to believe.

But, it's NFS, so whatever's going on here, can't say I care much. Been a while since the last NFS game I enjoyed.

Avatar image for TheFadeForever
#45 Posted by TheFadeForever (2655 posts) -

@UNcartMe: Your talking about waiting for steam sales when console gamers were worried that next gen console would restrict used game especially with the reveal of the xbone.

Avatar image for NameIess_One
#46 Edited by NameIess_One (1077 posts) -

@UNcartMe said:

It's because no one buys PC games at full retail. Most either wait for steam sales or just illegally download them.

I don't understand what you're implying here. Are you saying they're trying to fight piracy by decreasing the game quality and making it look worse than it should?

Avatar image for SteXmaN
#47 Edited by SteXmaN (549 posts) -

So consoles will have better versions of FIFA 14,NBA 2k14 and NFS.Not bad not bad.

What about PC? Here we go:

  1. Watch Dogs
  2. AC4
  3. BF4
  4. CoD: Ghosts
  5. Cyberpunk 2077 (no specific release for next-gen consoles)
  6. FFXIV: ARR (catching up with PC version)
  7. Thief
  8. The Division
  9. The Witcher 3
  10. Doom4
  11. TESO
  12. TitanFall
  13. Dragon Age 3
  14. Mass Effect 4
  15. EQ:Next
  16. Planetside 2
  17. Deus Ex World
  18. Dark Souls 2
  19. The Evil Within
  20. Wolfenstein
  21. The Witness
  22. Tom Clancy's Rainbow 6 - Patriots
  23. Far Cry 4

so far...there will be more ;)

made by lundy86_4 edited by Jankarcop dedicated to:consolites

Avatar image for HaloinventedFPS
#48 Posted by HaloinventedFPS (4738 posts) -

PC version is probably a port of the current gen versions

Same for FIFA & NBA2k

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
#49 Edited by ReadingRainbow4 (18733 posts) -

@SteXmaN said:

So consoles will have better versions of FIFA 14,NBA 2k14 and NFS.Not bad not bad.

What about PC? Here we go:

  1. Watch Dogs
  2. AC4
  3. BF4
  4. CoD: Ghosts
  5. Cyberpunk 2077 (no specific release for next-gen consoles)
  6. FFXIV: ARR (catching up with PC version)
  7. Thief
  8. The Division
  9. The Witcher 3
  10. Doom4
  11. TESO
  12. TitanFall
  13. Dragon Age 3
  14. Mass Effect 4
  15. EQ:Next
  16. Planetside 2
  17. Deus Ex World
  18. Dark Souls 2
  19. The Evil Within
  20. Wolfenstein
  21. The Witness
  22. Tom Clancy's Rainbow 6 - Patriots
  23. Far Cry 4

so far...there will be more ;)

made by Jankarcop

I bet you got an erection posting that list

Avatar image for lundy86_4
#50 Edited by lundy86_4 (49044 posts) -

@SteXmaN said:

So consoles will have better versions of FIFA 14,NBA 2k14 and NFS.Not bad not bad.

What about PC? Here we go:

  1. Watch Dogs
  2. AC4
  3. BF4
  4. CoD: Ghosts
  5. Cyberpunk 2077 (no specific release for next-gen consoles)
  6. FFXIV: ARR (catching up with PC version)
  7. Thief
  8. The Division
  9. The Witcher 3
  10. Doom4
  11. TESO
  12. TitanFall
  13. Dragon Age 3
  14. Mass Effect 4
  15. EQ:Next
  16. Planetside 2
  17. Deus Ex World
  18. Dark Souls 2
  19. The Evil Within
  20. Wolfenstein
  21. The Witness
  22. Tom Clancy's Rainbow 6 - Patriots
  23. Far Cry 4

so far...there will be more ;)

made by Jankarcop

Who, whoa. The list was made by me, and Jankar added some titles :P