PS4 owners are you planning on sticking with Sony for the next gen PS5?

• 124 results
Avatar image for deactivated-60bf765068a74
deactivated-60bf765068a74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll PS4 owners are you planning on sticking with Sony for the next gen PS5? (116 votes)

Yes, Sony did a great job ill stick with them no matter what next gen 53%
Maybe, it depends on how things go down im very picky and go with the best system and games 25%
No, I'm going with Xbox, PC or Nintendo its time for a change Sony just didn't do it for me. 22%

Sony has destroyed all competition this generation and created another ps2 monster with the ps4

Should we all just stick with Sony for the ps5 since we know were in good hands? I think we should and curious if you all agree?

• 
Peasly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#51 Peasly
Member since 2004 • 554 Posts

I'm sticking with Sony or should i say my PS4 for now as I've only just got back into gaming after a long hiatus.

Games are a lot more expensive now and PS5 prices may rise still..!!.

ArchoNils2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#52 ArchoNils2
Member since 2005 • 10534 Posts

I always buy every major system. So probably yes.

tubbyc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 tubbyc
Member since 2005 • 4004 Posts

Yes, based on history and how well set Sony are for next gen, I'm sure I'll get a PS5.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

@vfighter said:

@i_p_daily: Nope, since Sony entered the market I've had the n64, Sega Saturn, Dreamcast, Xbox, GameCube, Xbox 360, Wii, and Switch.

Oh I though you were one of those loonies who has only ever owned consoles from one brand maker.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44058 Posts

No, I've had it with Bore Stations. Going full on Xbox, next gen. It's really a no brainer. lol :P

knight-k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 knight-k
Member since 2005 • 2596 Posts

@xhawk27 said:
@hrt_rulz01 said:

It makes me laugh when I see "ill stick with them no matter what"... lol.

Must be that Stockholm syndrome. lol

Yeah imagine only buying Xbox consoles, that must suck. lol

FinalFighters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By FinalFighters
Member since 2013 • 3410 Posts

im not sure yet, since i just bought a gaming PC couple months ago.. but the whole needing to launch 4-6 different game clients just to play certain games on PC is really turning me off - i've been gaming on consoles for so long so im not used to that.

So yeah, i'll see..

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#58 PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30570 Posts

Bc with PS4 (both, physical and digital), would make PS5 a no brainer to me. If not, then depends of the offers.

Zappat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#59 Zappat
Member since 2018 • 1592 Posts
@PAL360 said:

Bc with PS4 (both, physical and digital), would make PS5 a no brainer to me. If not, then depends of the offers.

this is also my answer. But I think Sony will continue having a strong first party next gen so most likely yes.

WhatAFailure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 WhatAFailure
Member since 2017 • 608 Posts

Right now they seem the most stable, so if I had to pick one, I'd still go with Sony for next gen. I don't trust MS now. Perhaps they turn it around for next gen, but they have a lot of work to do to regain trust. At their worst moments this gen, I almost get the feeling they don't even want to stay in the console race anymore.

Nintendo will be supporting the Switch for a while. What they need to do, though, is prove they can run a good online service, and they still need to work on getting more third party games that aren't just FIFA and Doom. Like, for once, it'd be nice to see a full Far Cry, Assassin's Creed or GTA game on there run well, without excessive limitations.

Xabiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 Xabiss
Member since 2012 • 4749 Posts

Ill be sticking with all the platforms, just like I did this generation. I just love it when all the manufactures release new hardware.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#62 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9397 Posts

PC is my main platform, so having a console is always secondary.

After that I'll get whatever I need to play the games I want, like always.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#63  Edited By lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61478 Posts

PC first and foremost, but Sony will depend. If they release quality exclusives like on the PS4, then i'll no doubt buy a PS5. Fortunately, due to only buying exclusives, it means I can hold off a year or two and wait for a bigger library.

Howmakewood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 Howmakewood
Member since 2015 • 7702 Posts

Ill buy which ever console has good exclusives, zero brand loyalty, sidebitches anyway

omegaMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 omegaMaster
Member since 2017 • 3479 Posts

@vfighter: For me, it's a brilliant game. Even if Square ported the Steam version over to PS5, just like FF7, I will be equally happy.

Avatar image for APiranhaAteMyVa
APiranhaAteMyVa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By APiranhaAteMyVa
Member since 2011 • 4160 Posts

I have no doubt that Sonys by the gamers, for the gamers mantra will continue into next gen.

Next gen Sony will once again deliver the most powerful console of all time; filled to the rafters with limousine riding, genre defining, world colliding, entertainment providing AAA exclusive games.

Looks like another gen of SONY DOMINATION CONTINUATION.

ahmedkhan1994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 ahmedkhan1994
Member since 2008 • 714 Posts

Didn't vote because ill probably get every system like I always do unless MS bombs harder than they already have this gen.

ahmedkhan1994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 ahmedkhan1994
@quadknight said:
@davillain- said:
@eyeboonseyebrow said:

I'm gonna switch to the Xbox next gen. I'm sick of Sony's masterpieces and wanna try out of some mid 60s Meta games.

Or you could just play it smart and buy both next-gen Xbox & PS5. Why limit yourself to one console when you could just get another console at the same time so you won't miss anything coming on the horizon.

Why would anyone do that after the way MS has carried themselves this gen? Smart decision would be to get a PC and PS5 especially since all nextgen Xbone games will be on PC anyway.

Maybe he's like me and has friends that only play Xbox. Should he abandon the chance to play with them?

stuff238

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#69 stuff238
Member since 2012 • 3284 Posts

PlayStation 4 Life.

PlayStation has won 4 gens in a row when it comes to games.

PS5 will make it 5. Sony has been King since day one and you all know it.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#70 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44153 Posts

I get all the consoles each gen myself and I really don’t see that changing yet.

2Chalupas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#71 2Chalupas
Member since 2009 • 7284 Posts

I mean, they'd have to royally screwup. The PS3 at $699 or whatever it was caused me to get a Wii first in that gen, and not get a ps3 until late 2009.

If they just do the same thing as PS4, and make it the best bang for the buck machine at ~$399 then I'm in. That's how they won this gen. No gimmicks, just made a sensibly powerful $399 machine. If they make it backwards compatible with games at PS4 pro settings, then it's pretty much a no brainer to stick with them for the upgrade. Of course they will need some PS5 exclusives to really force people to upgrade. Backwards compatibility can go both ways if there aren't any actual exclusives within the launch window.

I think the only thing MS could do to beat them is really sell their console at a loss. The PS4 was probably equivalent to about a $500 or $600 worth of PC (to build an equivalent machine) on the day it launched. I'd expect PS5 to be about the same. To win, MS would have to provide an even better value. This gen, MS made a weaker machine and priced it $100 more at launch, which is why they were dominated from the start and never recovered.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

I am a firm believer in shaking the Magic 8 Ball at the start of every generation. In fact, this was the first generation where I knew for a fact I would NOT be supporting one of the big three out of the gate. However, MS has made a lot of the right moves and deserves some consideration with whatever is going on with Scarlet. As for PS5, it's a very likely yes, but they could always make decisions that turn me the other way. Switch is a little weird right now, simply because that talk about Nintendo making another handheld would go against every reason I bought the thing.

TLDR: Way too much that can go right, and go wrong, to decide for an absolute fact I am on board. It's wait and see. It's always wait and see.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By QuadKnight
Member since 2015 • 12916 Posts
@ahmedkhan1994 said:
@quadknight said:
@davillain- said:
@eyeboonseyebrow said:

I'm gonna switch to the Xbox next gen. I'm sick of Sony's masterpieces and wanna try out of some mid 60s Meta games.

Or you could just play it smart and buy both next-gen Xbox & PS5. Why limit yourself to one console when you could just get another console at the same time so you won't miss anything coming on the horizon.

Why would anyone do that after the way MS has carried themselves this gen? Smart decision would be to get a PC and PS5 especially since all nextgen Xbone games will be on PC anyway.

Maybe he's like me and has friends that only play Xbox. Should he abandon the chance to play with them?

You can still play with your Xbox friends and have access to your friends list from PC.

ahmedkhan1994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By ahmedkhan1994

@quadknight: I'm aware but that doesn't mean I can play with them on games like GTA, battlefield, rainbow six siege (Games that don't offer cross play, you know, the feature that ps4 only players "don't care" about)

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By QuadKnight
@ahmedkhan1994 said:

@quadknight: I'm aware but that doesn't mean I can play with them on games like GTA, battlefield, rainbow six siege (Games that don't offer cross play, you know, the feature that ps4 only players "don't care" about)

Oh well, convince your bummy friends to get a PC. Never compromise your gaming for the sake of friends.

ahmedkhan1994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By ahmedkhan1994

@quadknight: ......... i dont even know what to say to that except for that I wouldn't wanna be your friend if that's how you treat them. Unlike me my friends don't have an extra $1000 for a gaming pc only to play the same games their $150-$200 Xbox can.

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29824 Posts

@quadknight said:
@ahmedkhan1994 said:

Oh well, convince your bummy friends to get a PC. Never compromise your gaming for the sake of friends.

Why wouldn't you want to play with friends. I thought that was a big point for a lot of people with multiplayer titles.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By QuadKnight
@ahmedkhan1994 said:

@quadknight: ......... i dont even know what to say to that except for that I wouldn't wanna be your friend if that's how you treat them. Unlike me my friends don't have an extra $1000 for a gaming pc only to play the same games their $150-$200 Xbox can.

I get whatever system I wanna play and I don't let friends dictate for me what system to get. Friends can play on their own system if they don't want to join me. I'm not saying you should force them, just try and convince them. I don't believe in people compromising their gaming experience for the sake of friends.

ahmedkhan1994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 ahmedkhan1994

@quadknight: I see. It seems we value friendships differently. From my perspective you'd rather stick it to MS by not buying an Xbox over playing with your friends. (that's if you had any on Xbox)

Nike_Air

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 Nike_Air
Member since 2006 • 19733 Posts

The likelihood is strong. Sony already has a couple of system sellers lined up for me.

• Horizon Zero Dawn 2
  • God of War 2
Utensilman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#81 Utensilman
Member since 2006 • 1571 Posts

The only way Sony is gonna get more money from me is to release another Fromsoftware exclusive

sovkhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By sovkhan
Member since 2015 • 1591 Posts

Sure!!!

And a pc and it's all i need.

Time is the main factor, not the platforms, so i stick with the ones I favour most.

pdogg93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By pdogg93
Member since 2015 • 1849 Posts

Playstation and PC for me. Xbox will offer nothing worth buying their consoles for.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

@ahmedkhan1994 said:

That's because quack doesn't have any friends lol.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By QuadKnight
@ahmedkhan1994 said:

@quadknight: I see. It seems we value friendships differently. From my perspective you'd rather stick it to MS by not buying an Xbox over playing with your friends. (that's if you had any on Xbox)

Nah, I'd rather buy a system with more games that fit my needs. I don't give a shit about "sticking it to MS". They don't have any games I want that's why I don't buy their system. Friends aren't going to convince me to spend $400-500 on a shitty console with no games. If they are good friends they'll understand. If your friends are going to stop being your friends because you don't own the same console as them, they were never good friends to begin with.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 QuadKnight
@i_p_daily said:
@ahmedkhan1994 said:

That's because quack doesn't have any friends lol.

? I see you're still mad I completely rekt you in this thread.

mojito1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 mojito1988
Member since 2006 • 4726 Posts

I stick with them all. I will get the next Sony, Nintendo, and MS box. I always do.

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11084 Posts
@i_p_daily said:

Sony can't even make a competent racing game, any racing game fan would be nuts to even consider a PS4 let alone a PS5 lol.

Notice how the rest of the world has moved on past racers for the most part? If it weren't for racers, MS wouldn't even have any games approaching 90 Metas.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 kingtito
Member since 2003 • 11775 Posts

@valgaav_219 said:

And I have brand loyality

Hahahahaha brand loyalty? Hahahaah it's video games man. There should be no such thing as brand loyalty for the consumer hahaha freaking brand loyalty

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

@i_p_daily: Here's a list of current systems I own and have hooked up and ready to play...

Atari 7800 (can also play all 2600 games)

NES

Sega Master System

Snes

Sega Genesis

32x, Sega CD

PS1

N64

Saturn

Dreamcast

PS2

Xbox

Gamecube (with game boy player)

PS3

Wii

PS4

Switch

Handhelds, Gameboy, Gameboy pocket, Game boy micro, 3ds. Had a gamegear but sold it, and regret it to this day. I'm a gamer and while I preferring for current systems I love games regardless of what they're played on.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 QuadKnight

@vfighter said:

@i_p_daily: Here's a list of current systems I own and have hooked up and ready to play...

Atari 7800 (can also play all 2600 games)

NES

Sega Master System

Snes

Sega Genesis

32x, Sega CD

PS1

N64

Saturn

Dreamcast

PS2

Xbox

Gamecube (with game boy player)

PS3

Wii

PS4

Switch

Handhelds, Gameboy, Gameboy pocket, Game boy micro, 3ds. Had a gamegear but sold it, and regret it to this day. I'm a gamer and while I preferring for current systems I love games regardless of what they're played on.

The dude can’t relate. He only owns an Xbone and a pathetic number of games, mostly racing. He posted his collection in this thread where I owned him and I almost died laughing. You’d think with the noise he makes on SW he would own more games and systems than that.

shellcase86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 shellcase86
Member since 2012 • 6848 Posts

For sure. They are consistent and offer great value.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@kingtito said:
@valgaav_219 said:

Hahahahaha brand loyalty? Hahahaah it's video games man. There should be no such thing as brand loyalty for the consumer hahaha freaking brand loyalty

Say so the most butthurt lemming after dynamitecop that this site has ever seen.

nepu7supastar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#94 nepu7supastar7
Member since 2007 • 6773 Posts

I buy every console I can so this doesn't apply to me.

Ten_Pints

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 Ten_Pints
Member since 2014 • 4072 Posts

The only thing I can tell you is I would never buy a Microsoft product or an Apple product, Sony was on my shit list for a while but they have pulled back from their mistakes a little.

Depending on exclusives I will go with PS5 or just stick to PC.

Valgaav_219

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#96 Valgaav_219
Member since 2017 • 3129 Posts

@kingtito: Dude that was a joke. Tryit got triggered in a thread then proceeded to make a whole other thread about his argument from that thread and he spelled loyalty as loyality lmao

Steppy_76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By Steppy_76
Member since 2005 • 2857 Posts

@APiranhaAteMyVa said:

I have no doubt that Sonys by the gamers, for the gamers mantra will continue into next gen.

Next gen Sony will once again deliver the most powerful console of all time; filled to the rafters with limousine riding, genre defining, world colliding, entertainment providing AAA exclusive games.

Sony has managed to have the most powerful console for half of one generation. The ps1 was weaker than the n64. The p2 was weaker than the gamecube and xbox. The ps3 was pretty much identical to the 360 when devs spent time catering to the ps3 architecture. The ps4 was most powerful only until the x1x came out.

LuxuryHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 LuxuryHeart
Member since 2017 • 1853 Posts
@Steppy_76 said:
@APiranhaAteMyVa said:

Sony has managed to have the most powerful console for half of one generation. The ps1 was weaker than the n64. The p2 was weaker than the gamecube and xbox. The ps3 was pretty much identical to the 360 when devs spent time catering to the ps3 architecture. The ps4 was most powerful only until the x1x came out.

This is all proof that the most powerful console doesn't win the generation. The NES won over the Master System. The SNES won over the Genesis. The PS1 won over the N64. The PS2 won over the GameCube and Xbox. The Wii won over the HD twins. The PS4 won over the Xbox One X. Even in handhelds. The GameBoy beat the Game Gear, the GameBoy Advance beat.... ... Who was their competition again? The DS beat the PSP and the 3DS beat the PS Vita. The most powerful console lost every generation, yet gamers still insist that power matters. SMH. When will these fools realize that GAMES matter?

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 kingtito

@tormentos said:
@kingtito said:
@valgaav_219 said:

Say so the most butthurt lemming after dynamitecop that this site has ever seen.

Butthurt from what el tormented? Unlike you, I actually own current gen consoles and more than 1. Unlike you, I have options to play any game I like and not limited to watching youtube or reading reviews to form my opinions. Judging by your post, you're the most pathetic poster here and I'd rather be butthurt than pathetic.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 kingtito

@valgaav_219 said:

@kingtito: Dude that was a joke. Tryit got triggered in a thread then proceeded to make a whole other thread about his argument from that thread and he spelled loyalty as loyality lmao

My mistake, my bad dude.