PS4 or XBOX One? It shouldn't be this easy to choose...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

blueinheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 blueinheaven
Member since 2008 • 5554 Posts

PS4 games I know I want to play, exclusives only: Second Son, Killzone, Last of Us Remastered, probably The Order when it comes I'm talking about stuff on the horizon not way off.

X1 Ryse, it looks really nice. Halo Master Collection is a big pull, Quantum Break I was looking forward to that till I discovered it's half game and half bloody TV show. Keep it.

And so to the crux. Pitiful on exclusives for both systems, so let's talk multi platform titles.

PS4 is technically far superior to the X1. This isn't opinion it's fact, so, all multi plats will be bought on PS4. That leaves me with Ryse and Halo Collection as the only two reasons to consider an X1 (couldn't give a toss about Titanfall or Forza) that's kind of grim really.

Fool that I am I will almost definitely buy an X1 for Halo collection as I never really played those games properly. I like the look of D4 as well.

Point is... X1 as a console is a really grim proposition given that most games are multi plat and X1 is the weaker system. They desperately need some killer exclusives if they are to keep up pace with Sony this gen. I really hope those exclusives arrive en masse or Sony will have everything their way and get lazy (and greedy, how much for that DLC WTF?).

So yeah, another complete disaster from MS who'dve thunk it?

Avatar image for ghostwarrior786
ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 ghostwarrior786
Member since 2005 • 5811 Posts

amazing thread. u will do well here

R3FURBISHED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3  Edited By R3FURBISHED
Member since 2008 • 12408 Posts

@blueinheaven said:

Thanks for your opinion, maybe relay this poorly conceived abomination of a thread when you hit 500 posts? Only 478 to go!

Spitfire-Six

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#4 Spitfire-Six
Member since 2014 • 1378 Posts

IB4L

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 thehig1
Member since 2014 • 7537 Posts

Theres not a whole lot of different in the multiplats, X1 has more interesting games due out and with the kinect removal price drop its looking a decent buy.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

It shouldn't be this hard to follow the rules

BldgIrsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#8  Edited By BldgIrsh
Member since 2014 • 3044 Posts

I'd like that the mods label who the main accounts are when it happens to be an alt...

Anyways, locked.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#9 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38035 Posts

@blueinheaven said:

PS4 games I know I want to play, exclusives only: Second Son, Killzone, Last of Us Remastered, probably The Order when it comes I'm talking about stuff on the horizon not way off.

X1 Ryse, it looks really nice. Halo Master Collection is a big pull, Quantum Break I was looking forward to that till I discovered it's half game and half bloody TV show. Keep it.

And so to the crux. Pitiful on exclusives for both systems, so let's talk multi platform titles.

PS4 is technically far superior to the X1. This isn't opinion it's fact, so, all multi plats will be bought on PS4. That leaves me with Ryse and Halo Collection as the only two reasons to consider an X1 (couldn't give a toss about Titanfall or Forza) that's kind of grim really.

Fool that I am I will almost definitely buy an X1 for Halo collection as I never really played those games properly. I like the look of D4 as well.

Point is... X1 as a console is a really grim proposition given that most games are multi plat and X1 is the weaker system. They desperately need some killer exclusives if they are to keep up pace with Sony this gen. I really hope those exclusives arrive en masse or Sony will have everything their way and get lazy (and greedy, how much for that DLC WTF?).

Still haven't seen the "far superior" part. Superior? Yes. But you make it sound like its a gen ahead. Its "far superior" to the WiiU, the X1 is in the same ball park and that's why they share multiplats but WiiU doesn't.

coasterguy65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#10 coasterguy65
Member since 2005 • 7133 Posts

Sounds like someone has a little bias going into the decision. Anyway, it's not complex, if you don't like the Xbone, don't get an Xbone. It's really the best way to show MS they screwed up in your eyes.

blueinheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 blueinheaven

@lostrib said:

What rule have I broken? I've spent a couple of days looking at the pros and cons of both systems as they stand and given my thoughts on here.

k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#12 k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts

Mha couple exyra pixels that I cant even see isnt going stop xbox bring great games and constantly updating ith new features every month and phil

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#13 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

they did get a big exclusive...

titanfall.....but it wasnt enough to convince everyone.

blueinheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 blueinheaven

@coasterguy65 said:

Sounds like someone has a little bias going into the decision. Anyway, it's not complex, if you don't like the Xbone, don't get an Xbone. It's really the best way to show MS they screwed up in your eyes.

Nope no bias at all. I'm just saying the exclusives on both systems are pretty poor so far so if it comes to one or the other surely you'd buy the system that runs multi plats better? I honestly don't know why people are so upset maybe they've all bought an X1, who knows?

Like I said I'll almost definitely buy one anyway just saying X1 as a potential new console looks a bit grim compared to the PS4 which is universally perceived as the more powerful system that was not the case last gen. I own a PS3 and 360 and there's not much to choose between them with multi plats.

That's not the case anymore.

YD_11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 YD_11
Member since 2006 • 1867 Posts

While i understand everyone has their own preferences.. i can do this too.

PS4 games i know i want to play, exclusives only: _________.. ok i would try Infamous, and drive club since it is free.

X1: Ryse (played it, enjoyed it, even kept it), Dead Rising 3 plus arcade remxix, Forza 5, Killer Instinct, Halo MC Collection, Sunset Overdrive, D4, Quantum Break, Ori and the Blind Forest, Dance Central Spotlight (party game and a family man), Fantasia, (once again party game and family), Shape up

Now for multiplats (since cows throw fits about some even though you can't get them on a sony machine): Titanfall, Forza Horizon 2, Project Spark

Additionally, i would argue that the experience on xbox live, and the X1 in general, would be superior despite a lower resolution on a multiplat here and there. Xbox live is more streamlined and offers dedicated servers for all devs to use; the controller is better imo, and the snap features add to the experience with achievements, music, or just tv if you wish. Plus the instant switching and resuming where you leave off afterwards seems also to be superior on the X1

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

This won't end well.

blueinheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 blueinheaven

@YD_11 said:

While i understand everyone has their own preferences.. i can do this too.

PS4 games i know i want to play, exclusives only: _________.. ok i would try Infamous, and drive club since it is free.

X1: Ryse (played it, enjoyed it, even kept it), Dead Rising 3 plus arcade remxix, Forza 5, Killer Instinct, Halo MC Collection, Sunset Overdrive, D4, Quantum Break, Ori and the Blind Forest, Dance Central Spotlight (party game and a family man), Fantasia, (once again party game and family), Shape up

Now for multiplats (since cows throw fits about some even though you can't get them on a sony machine): Titanfall, Forza Horizon 2, Project Spark

Additionally, i would argue that the experience on xbox live, and the X1 in general, would be superior despite a lower resolution on a multiplat here and there. Xbox live is more streamlined and offers dedicated servers for all devs to use; the controller is better imo, and the snap features add to the experience with achievements, music, or just tv if you wish. Plus the instant switching and resuming where you leave off afterwards seems also to be superior on the X1

Fair enough if PS4 exclusives don't float your boat I've found 3 in X1's entire line up for the next year which actually isn't too bad as the Halo Collection alone will give me a lot of good playtime. Dead Rising 3 kill zombies till you die of boredom, no thanks, all the other stuff as well is bland as hell to me except Ori which looks really nice. I'm just a tad disappointed I have to talk myself into buying one of the two because last gen I bought both. In fact I bought nearly all multi plats for 360 because I could install them all to the hard drive. There was no noticeable difference with the PS3 versions.

This time around I know every time I buy an X1 multiplat it's a lesser version so I'm just not going to do it which makes MS new console a tough sell for me as I'm literally just buying it for exclusives. I don't know why people are having trouble grasping this.

I don't care a toss about their TV services I have my own cable deal and I don't care about Xbox live (or PSN) I play multiplayer games on PC so for me it's literally down to games and nothing else.

blueinheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 blueinheaven

@R3FURBISHED said:

@blueinheaven said:

Thanks for your opinion, maybe relay this poorly conceived abomination of a thread when you hit 500 posts? Only 478 to go!

You have literally nothing to add to the discussion so you attack my post count? Thanks for your input.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61478 Posts

It is easy to choose. I'm choosing to buy both.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 lostrib

@blueinheaven said:

@lostrib said:

What rule have I broken? I've spent a couple of days looking at the pros and cons of both systems as they stand and given my thoughts on here.

Perhaps you should have spent some of that time reading the SW rules

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

10/10 thread, would read again.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

#22 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38035 Posts

@blueinheaven said:

@R3FURBISHED said:

@blueinheaven said:

You have literally nothing to add to the discussion so you attack my post count? Thanks for your input.

He's telling the truth. You must have 500 posts before you create a thread in SW

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By lostrib

@blueinheaven said:

@R3FURBISHED said:

@blueinheaven said:

why add to a discussion that's going to be locked?

s0ldier69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#24 s0ldier69
Member since 2005 • 2281 Posts

@brimmul777 said:

If it's that easy to chose,then buy the PS4 and SHUT YOUR F*CKING HOLE.Useless thread.

sums it up nicely id say

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#25 super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33103 Posts

You need to have 500 posts to create a thread on SW TC.Read the SW survival guide for more info.