PS4 officially out in Japan ( stream and pictures )

• 50 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

freedom01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 109

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By freedom01  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 3676 Posts

@lordlors said:

@EZs said:

Sony made a very strategic move, they release the PS4 everywhere else first because they know Xbone has no chance to conquer Japan, they know the Japanese can wait for the PS4.

Even in South East Asia where I live, console gaming is not as big as Japan but we got the PS4 much earlier than Japan. Only pre-order customers was able to get heir hands on the PS4 during the launch, there was no stock for the walk-in customers. I could never imagine seeing this scenario in my lifetime.

Actually, Sony said the main reason was that there would be a lack of Japanese-centric games for launch had they decided to release it last year in Japan. It is a sign that console game development in Japan is waning and is inferior to the West. As for handhelds and mobile games though it's a different story.

actually no, console game development in Japan is not waning, if you are like me who follows what kind of games Japan is releasing, and that means Japan only games that dont make it to the states, you can see that there are a lot of Japanese games being developed and it hasnt gone down on quality either

ActicEdge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52  Edited By ActicEdge
Member since 2008 • 24492 Posts

PS4 is gonna do pretty poorly in Japan this year looking at the software announced. Its not like the West where hype and graphics can push sales.

Alcapello

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#53 Alcapello
Member since 2014 • 1396 Posts

@lordlors said:

@EZs said:

Sony made a very strategic move, they release the PS4 everywhere else first because they know Xbone has no chance to conquer Japan, they know the Japanese can wait for the PS4.

Even in South East Asia where I live, console gaming is not as big as Japan but we got the PS4 much earlier than Japan. Only pre-order customers was able to get heir hands on the PS4 during the launch, there was no stock for the walk-in customers. I could never imagine seeing this scenario in my lifetime.

Actually, Sony said the main reason was that there would be a lack of Japanese-centric games for launch had they decided to release it last year in Japan. It is a sign that console game development in Japan is waning and is inferior to the West. As for handhelds and mobile games though it's a different story.

I heard they wanted to keep the launch around olympic time in order to spread the word while the world came altogether for an event.

Nengo_Flow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By Nengo_Flow
Member since 2011 • 10644 Posts

@StrongBlackVine said:

@Nengo_Flow said:

WAIT!

This whole time it wasnt out in Japan till now?

WTF I thought it had already released in Japan.

You are not deserving of your avatar or sig. SHM....

Also you were wrong about all versions of MGSV having dynamic atmospheres. So basically you don't know what you are talking about when it comes to gaming.

I didnt say they had dynamic atmosphere, i said real time weather-day/night

Flubbbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 Flubbbs
Member since 2010 • 4968 Posts

it feels good that the west got it first.. gen after gen Japan would always get the new systems first and the gap has been closing with every release