PS4 misses out on Nothing.

• 112 results
#1 Posted by me2002 (2177 posts) -

First party titles aside,

Xbox One misses out on Japanese support : Persona 5 S, Steins Gate, Dragon Quest 11, JRPGs...etc

Switch misses out on AAA 3rd party games : RDR2, GTA5, MGSV, Neir, Resident Evil.....etc

Xbox One and Switch together misses out on a lot too : Persona 5, Yakuza, Nioh, Street Fighter 5, VR games etc

PC misses out on very few too, like RDR2, Persona 5 but get games late like Yakuza or Nioh or FF7R, and have less VR support than PS4. PC also does not have first party games, it only has a bunch of indies no one's heard of.

PS4 gets EVERYTHING, day 1 most of the time, also best VR support.

#2 Posted by The-A-Baum (1368 posts) -

#3 Posted by JoshRMeyer (10471 posts) -

Good points that seem to be looked over. Xbox still hasn't gotten FFXIV. PS4 is the system to get if you can only afford to get one of them.

#4 Posted by Ezekiel43 (1732 posts) -

Nintendo first and second party > Sony first and second party

Deep down, you know it's true.

#5 Posted by jaydan (2399 posts) -

This thread is very biased because it misses how the PS4 misses out on big games too like any other console.

#6 Edited by me2002 (2177 posts) -

@jaydan said:

This thread is very biased because it misses how the PS4 misses out on big games too like any other console.

you can't just say that without giving examples (I'm not talking 1st party)

#7 Posted by Telekill (8557 posts) -

I thought PC had more VR support?

Avatar image for deactivated-5d1e44cf96229
#8 Edited by deactivated-5d1e44cf96229 (2814 posts) -

Between my Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, and PC, I get everything that I want.

My Xbox One lets me play all of the 3rd party games that I care about with the best controller ever made and also offers me the best online service to play with my friends.

My Nintendo Switch gives me access to the Nintendo exclusives and retro-style games that I love.

My PC with the HTC Vive gives me access to the best VR experience with room-scale tracking which is the thing that really makes VR great.

I also had a PS4 up until last year, but it was just gathering dust and offering no value to me anymore after Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy went multiplat so I sold it. It can't provide room-scale VR like the HTC Vive can and VR without room-scale is lame, I don't like it's movie-game exclusives like how I love Nintendo's exclusives, and I much rather play multiplats on my Xbox One due to it's superior controller and online service. I would rebuy the PS4 if it ever offers something of value to me as I don't like to miss out on something that I want to play but unless something changes, the system is currently completely useless to me.

Avatar image for APiranhaAteMyVa
#9 Posted by APiranhaAteMyVa (4128 posts) -

THANK YOU SONY

#10 Posted by Basinboy (13919 posts) -

What about uncensored weaboo garbage?

#11 Posted by me2002 (2177 posts) -

@Telekill said:

I thought PC had more VR support?

If you exclude 1st party, probably.

#12 Posted by Sevenizz (4028 posts) -

I don’t think the average Xbox owner cares about Japanese niche gaming. I know I don’t. I remember when I owned the ps3 and looking through its store and it was flooded with games I’d never buy.

#13 Posted by henrythefifth (2502 posts) -

Sure, missing out on Stein's Gate was a big miss... I mean that game was like a masterpiece!

...or was it?

#14 Posted by pyro1245 (5167 posts) -

But Sony doesn't have AAA titles like Total War and also misses out on great simulation games like RimWorld and Factorio.

How could you lie on the internet? That's just irresponsible. You should feel bad for potentially misleading people. For shame, TC.

#15 Posted by Ten_Pints (3880 posts) -

The missed out on sea of thieves...

#16 Posted by Sevenizz (4028 posts) -

@ten_pints: They also miss out on Halo and Forza. Two of gaming’s strongest franchises in their respective genres.

#17 Posted by Archangel3371 (28420 posts) -

Yet people still prefer other systems over it. Go figure. 🤷‍♂️

#18 Posted by Calvincfb (0 posts) -

@Archangel3371: yeah, 90+ millions sales right?

#19 Posted by Archangel3371 (28420 posts) -

@calvincfb: Yeah, so what? There are people that prefer other systems over it. It’s not a difficult concept to grasp.

#20 Posted by Calvincfb (0 posts) -

@Archangel3371: yeah, some people don't know how to choose, it's sad but true.

#21 Edited by sealionact (4090 posts) -

@me2002: Why aren't you talking first party? PS4 has a dearth of exclusive good shooters,and a lack of decent driving games...two huge genres....which is why I prefer Xbox.

Japanese games? Niche...😗

#22 Posted by Calvincfb (0 posts) -

@pyro1245: people don't care about those low budget games, try again.

#23 Edited by Calvincfb (0 posts) -

@sealionact: resident evil is a Japanese game, is it niche? LMFAO.

#24 Edited by Archangel3371 (28420 posts) -

@calvincfb: Actually it just reinforces the fact that people can choose based on their preferences. Not sad but totally true.

#25 Posted by jcrame10 (5161 posts) -

PS4 won’t get Fire Emblem, Luigi’s Mansion 3, Animal Crossing, Links Awakening or BotW 2.

Good chance Astral Chain and MUA3 go multiplat though

#26 Posted by pyro1245 (5167 posts) -
@calvincfb said:

@pyro1245: people don't care about those low budget games, try again.

That just shows how ignorant you are.

Not only are you uninformed, but you are missing out on great games. I would consider you a poor gamer, and I consider your posts and input on this forum worth less than most others here.

#27 Posted by Calvincfb (0 posts) -

@pyro1245: oh I'm very informed and that's why I say people don't care about those silly niche games.

#28 Posted by PinchySkree (1238 posts) -

Stow your delusion, single console only begger

You are missing:

• Entire genres
  • Choice of input device
  • Precision aiming
  • Modding
  • Hardware upgrades
  • Free online services
  • Almost all software that isn't a game but empowers them
#29 Edited by Livecommander (1076 posts) -

@ezekiel43: Nintendo has to much of a different target audience than MS and Sony for you compare 1st parties like that.

Deep down you know it's true.

#30 Posted by tdkmillsy (3133 posts) -

Misses out on 4k :)

#31 Posted by Ezekiel43 (1732 posts) -

@Livecommander said:

@ezekiel43: Nintendo has to much of a different target audience than MS and Sony for you compare 1st parties like that.

Deep down you know it's true.

Doesn't matter. Gameplay always comes first. It's nice if a game can tell a story, but that's not the main reason I play games. And the westerns devs rarely tell good stories anyway.

#32 Posted by UnrealGunner (1069 posts) -

PS4 misses out on a lot actually. PS4 could never replicate the PC gaming experience not to mention the exclusive games we have on PC.

#33 Posted by lundy86_4 (53654 posts) -

States that the system misses out on nothing, and then in the first sentence says that it misses out on something. SW in a nutshell... Thick as two short planks.

#34 Posted by Livecommander (1076 posts) -

@ezekiel43: exactly and they6re are types of gameplay that Nintendo avoids cuase of their target audience.

Vice versa.

Step ya gaming skills up if you think story isnt gameplay too tho

#35 Posted by dxmcat (2718 posts) -

ps4 misses out on 4k br playback :D

#36 Posted by ProtossRushX (5655 posts) -

I shoulda made this thread its so true and everything

PS4 wins at getting games

#37 Posted by WESTBLADE (518 posts) -

It doesn't have superior versions of the multi-platform games most of the time, so it actually misses out a lot i'd guess...

And that damn Dualshock 4 is complete ass in one specific genre: racing games. All other genres feel fine, symetrical sticks or not - even shooters are great, but damn my hands hurt after like 30 minutes while playing any racing game on that otherwise good gamepad...:\

#38 Edited by BoxRekt (2004 posts) -
@pyro1245 said:

But Sony doesn't have AAA titles like Total War and also misses out on great simulation games like RimWorld and Factorio.

How could you lie on the internet? That's just irresponsible. You should feel bad for potentially misleading people. For shame, TC.

But when there is a really great PC game it always comes to PS4, Divinity Original Sin II a prime example.

DOS II is the best PC game this generation and it's on PS4, the same can't be said for PS4 to PC. You guys are still waiting on a port of console exclusive of Red Dead Redemption II.

PS4 fans aren't interested in playing the endless piles of mediocre shovelware that PC gets filled with year after year. We only care about highest quality AAA content in the industry, that's why most of the PC library doesn't even quality to be on PS4.

The title on the thread isn't quite right, however, it should read, "PS4 gets the most high quality AAA games of any platform". Saying PS4 misses out on nothing isn't true. There are plenty of garbage unfinished early access, basement developed, low quality indie, shallow cash grab GASS titles on PC and xbox that don't come to PS4 because we adamantly want to keep it off our platform.

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
#39 Posted by BenjaminBanklin (4924 posts) -

It's the only console that gets the best of both the east and the west. That's why owning the others doesn't make sense to me. Especially if you have a PC and PS4, then the only thing you're missing out on is Nintendo first party titles. To which if you're an adult that's not still living at home, or, if you're not an adult that lives on his own, but all their furniture is made of milk crates, then that's not an issue.

#40 Posted by dxmcat (2718 posts) -
@boxrekt said:
@pyro1245 said:

But when there is a really great PC game it always comes to PS4, Divinity Original Sin II a prime example.

DOS II is the best PC game this generation and it's on PS4, the same can't be said for PS4 to PC. You guys are still waiting on a port of console exclusive of Red Dead Redemption II.

PS4 fans aren't interested in playing the endless piles of mediocre shovelware that PC gets filled with year after year. We only care about highest quality AAA content in the industry, that's why most of the PC library doesn't even quality to be on PS4.

The title on the thread isn't quite right, however, it should read, "PS4 gets the most high quality AAA games of any platform". Saying PS4 misses out on nothing isn't true. There are plenty of garbage unfinished early access, basement developed, low quality indie, shallow cash grab GASS titles on PC and xbox that don't come to PS4 because we adamantly want to keep it off our platform.

only care about movie games and that game critic D.

Gotcha.

#41 Posted by Ezekiel43 (1732 posts) -

@Livecommander said:

@ezekiel43: exactly and they6re are types of gameplay that Nintendo avoids cuase of their target audience.

Vice versa.

Gameplay is gameplay. I have no problem comparing different kinds of gameplay and determining which does what it attempts better. I've played very few Sony games this gen that are just fun.

#42 Posted by Juub1990 (8675 posts) -
@me2002 said:

Xbox One misses out on Japanese support : Persona 5 S, Steins Gate, Dragon Quest 11, JRPGs...etc

Switch misses out on AAA 3rd party games : RDR2, GTA5, MGSV, Neir, Resident Evil.....etc

Xbox One and Switch together misses out on a lot too : Persona 5, Yakuza, Nioh, Street Fighter 5, VR games etc

PC misses out on very few too, like RDR2, Persona 5 but get games late like Yakuza or Nioh or FF7R, and have less VR support than PS4. PC also does not have first party games, it only has a bunch of indies no one's heard of.

Oh so we're ignoring PS4 missing out on other first party titles but not ignoring PC missing out on them?

Good to know all things are kept equal.

#43 Edited by Zaryia (9494 posts) -
@me2002 said:

PC misses out on the least actually. It gets all of XBOX1s exclusives and several PS4 exclusives from either retail digital or streaming. It gets many Nintendo games from emulation. PC has several exclusives that aren't Indy - including nearly entire exclusive genres like rts, sim, tbs, mmo, arpg, crpg, k/b designed pvp shooters.

If you want proof PC misses out on PC do a count for this gen. It has over 120 more AAA and AA titles at Gamespot and Metacritic.

#44 Edited by Zaryia (9494 posts) -
@boxrekt said:
@pyro1245 said:

The title on the thread isn't quite right, however, it should read, "PS4 gets the most high quality AAA games of any platform".

Your post should read. "PC gets the most AAA and AA games of any platform, with a 120 point margin over PS4."

The OP was dead wrong and now you're moving the goal post for him. PC is the system that misses out on the least games going by actual data and numbers.

To address your goal post move:

1. PC has the most AAA and AA games this gen (budget).

2. PC has the most AAA+AA games this gen (scores).

#45 Posted by Livecommander (1076 posts) -

@ezekiel43 said:
@Livecommander said:

Vice versa.

Gameplay is gameplay. I have no problem comparing different kinds of gameplay and determining which does what it attempts better. I've played very few Sony games this gen that are just fun.

Mario wouldn't be Mario if he didn't have a name or if his monsters didn't have a names. If peach and every non playable character wasn't there

If there was zero soundtracks in any of the games.

I could go on for days...

Gameplay is definitely not just literal gameplay. And its actually barely what makes a game fun. There's to many other factors involved to make technical gameplay the actual gameplay.

#46 Posted by Gamerno6666 (6856 posts) -

PS4 misses out on entire genres and the best way to play shooters. Damn i miss pc gaming.

#47 Posted by Ezekiel43 (1732 posts) -

@Livecommander said:
@ezekiel43 said:
@Livecommander said:

Vice versa.

Mario wouldn't be Mario if he didn't have a name or if his monsters didn't have a names. If peach and every non playable character wasn't there

Gameplay is definitely not just literal gameplay. And its actually barely what makes a game fun. There's to many other factors involved to make technical gameplay the actual gameplay.

Yeah, you could go on for days, and you'd still be missing the point.

#48 Edited by lundy86_4 (53654 posts) -

@Livecommander said:

That's... Not what gameplay is... Your initial point is called "lore," and the second is "music," so please do continue.

#49 Posted by Livecommander (1076 posts) -

@lundy86_4: game title , box art or digital cover art , colors lol , sfx , backgrounds , voice acting ,

If the name of character equals lore than so be it

Story has a big impact on gameplay.

Talking trash or commanding tactics online with your friends is technically story as well. Which is half the reason online games are fun

#50 Posted by lundy86_4 (53654 posts) -

@Livecommander said:

@lundy86_4: game title , box art or digital cover art , colors lol , sfx , backgrounds , voice acting ,

These are not gameplay... Are you okay? Any persistent pains in the head? Dizziness?