PS4 is better than 85% of gaming PC's.

  • 157 results
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
Avatar image for ShepardCommandr
#52 Posted by ShepardCommandr (4844 posts) -

of course it is

The really high end pcs(titans and the like) only make up for less than 1% of the total market.

Avatar image for PonchoTaco
#53 Edited by PonchoTaco (3183 posts) -

Here's this thread again. We already know this and no one can deny this. Hell, my PC isn't even on that list.

I really don't know what ownage you're looking for.

Avatar image for bublover1
#54 Posted by bublover1 (133 posts) -

After seeing Uncharted 4, I think the correct percentage is 100%.

Avatar image for delta3074
#55 Posted by delta3074 (19951 posts) -

@Suppaman100 said:

The PS4 is roughly on par with, but probably better than, an HD7850. Counting all PCs accessing Steam (a good representative sample) with an HD7870/GTX 660 or higher you can see these make up only about 15% of all PCs.

http://store.steampowered.com/hwsurvey/videocard/

PC gaming peasants: "Bu...bu...bu...we are masterraceee!!!"

it doesn't work like that, it doesn't matter how many people have a PC thats more powerful than a Ps4, it mattters that there ARE PC's that ARE mor powerful than the Ps4.

PC is more powerful than Ps4 because if you have the money you can buy a PC that is more powerful than the Ps4.

Thats like saying thew N64 wasn't as powerful as the PS1 because less people owned one ,lol

Avatar image for clone01
#56 Posted by clone01 (27039 posts) -

Who f*cking cares? I play games. I don't fret over hardware.

Avatar image for bublover1
#57 Posted by bublover1 (133 posts) -

@delta3074 said:

@Suppaman100 said:

The PS4 is roughly on par with, but probably better than, an HD7850. Counting all PCs accessing Steam (a good representative sample) with an HD7870/GTX 660 or higher you can see these make up only about 15% of all PCs.

http://store.steampowered.com/hwsurvey/videocard/

PC gaming peasants: "Bu...bu...bu...we are masterraceee!!!"

it doesn't work like that, it doesn't matter how many people have a PC thats more powerful than a Ps4, it mattters that there ARE PC's that ARE mor powerful than the Ps4.

PC is more powerful than Ps4 because if you have the money you can buy a PC that is more powerful than the Ps4.

Thats like saying thew N64 wasn't as powerful as the PS1 because less people owned one ,lol

As expected. Dumb logic from a worthless user.

The N64 is a console and has static hardware. PC hardware is dynamic and varies by user.

Avatar image for f50p90
#58 Edited by f50p90 (3767 posts) -

My PC is better than 100% of consoles. See how that works OP

Avatar image for roler42
#59 Posted by Roler42 (1067 posts) -

And yet 9/10 of the games on the PS4 I can play or already played on my PC

Why should i spend 400 dollars on a ps4 again? (that's not counting the online fee and the full priced retail games)

Avatar image for Tessellation
#60 Edited by Tessellation (9006 posts) -

Another loser too poor to afford a good PC.

Avatar image for bublover1
#61 Posted by bublover1 (133 posts) -

@roler42 said:

And yet 9/10 of the games on the PS4 I can play or already played on my PC

Why should i spend 400 dollars on a ps4 again? (that's not counting the online fee and the full priced retail games)

LOL... Now it's the fat hermits saying "GAMES NOT GRAPHICS!!!"

I think I've just about seen it all.

Avatar image for WilliamRLBaker
#62 Posted by WilliamRLBaker (28915 posts) -

lol no

Avatar image for roler42
#63 Posted by Roler42 (1067 posts) -

@bublover1: only in SW i see someone claiming playing games is a bad thing now, LOL

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
#64 Edited by deactivated-57ad0e5285d73 (21398 posts) -

PC fanboys give the ps4 the "underpowered" treatment. PS4 owners understand that the current crop of consoles could have been more powerful. What is often overlooked though is where the money goes. Very few pc developers invest in high budget games. The wiiu is proof that when the money is put in the right spots, take time with a game, and have a talented team, the outcome will be very good if not amazing. It is what the developers do with the hardware that really matters. You can give a talented artist some sticks and some chalk and they can make something beautiful. On the other hand you can give a so-so "artist" access to every material known to man and the outcome can be nothing special.

Taking photos and plastering high res textures all over the place is simply not impressive. Simulations have their place, but it is rarely taken advantage of. That is the problem with the pc platform right now. Next to no developers actually take advantage of the real graphic to gameplay the platform can actually offer because it doesn't make sense to single out 150 million console owners.

Avatar image for daious
#65 Posted by Daious (2315 posts) -

You only proved there are more gaming computers stronger than a ps4 out there.

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
#66 Posted by speedfreak48t5p (12687 posts) -

TC sounds like a jelly console peasant.

Avatar image for pyro1245
#68 Posted by pyro1245 (3282 posts) -

@Suppaman100:

So I guess I should thank you for refuting the argument that people have to spend $2000 initially plus an extra $500 every 6 months to get into PC gaming. Lets not forget that as new high-end video cards come out, all the other ones drop in price exponentially so in a few years most people will be able to upgrade for less than $200; and the gap will only increase as the 7+ years lifespan of the PS4 leaves users with the same hardware. Not to mention the fact that the PS4 comes with a ridiculously slow 5400rpm HDD (how are those load/install times?). The PS4 is only in it's infancy and already it's showing its age.

That being said: It's not all about power so I imagine I'll get a PS4 eventually once some good JRPGs and a few other exclusives come out (buying redundant hardware sucks but that seems to be the nature of the business). However, seeing as 99% of games come out for PC, I think I'll be good for a while until it comes down in price.

PC master of hardware collective.

Avatar image for Suppaman100
#69 Posted by Suppaman100 (5250 posts) -

So butthurt hermits come up with the same old damage control

"Bu..bu..bu..steam survey is not representable!!!"

"Bu...I still have better PC so I don't care!''

...

Actually this wasn't even up for debate, this is a fact. PS4 is stronger than most gaming PC's right now.

Conclusion: Most PC gamers are peasants and have weaker hardware than PS4.

Avatar image for jun_aka_pekto
#70 Edited by jun_aka_pekto (22641 posts) -

@Suppaman100 said:

So butthurt hermits come up with the same old damage control

"Bu..bu..bu..steam survey is not representable!!!"

"Bu...I still have better PC so I don't care!''

...

Actually this wasn't even up for debate, this is a fact. PS4 is stronger than most gaming PC's right now.

Conclusion: Most PC gamers are peasants and have weaker hardware than PS4.

You can also say the majority of console gamers right now don't have a PS4. They're still stuck with their PS3 and 360. I don't really see the point you're trying to make here.

I suppose those who haven't upgraded from the 7th gen are just waiting for mommy or daddy to buy them a new console come birthday time.

Avatar image for GarGx1
#71 Posted by GarGx1 (9461 posts) -

@bublover1 said:

@roler42 said:

And yet 9/10 of the games on the PS4 I can play or already played on my PC

Why should i spend 400 dollars on a ps4 again? (that's not counting the online fee and the full priced retail games)

LOL... Now it's the fat hermits saying "GAMES NOT GRAPHICS!!!"

I think I've just about seen it all.

erm...no he didn't! Reading and comprehension isn't really your strongest trait, is it?

He said most PS4 games can also be played on PC and asked for clarification on why he should buy a PS4, pay extra fees for online gaming and also pay more for those same games. Does that help?

Anyway how's your arithmetic? What's 15% of 75 million and is more than PS4's in circulation? You can use a calculator if you need to but be warned, there are more buttons on a caculator than a PS4 controller so you may struggle a bit.

Avatar image for pyro1245
#72 Posted by pyro1245 (3282 posts) -

@Suppaman100 said:

So butthurt hermits come up with the same old damage control

"Bu..bu..bu..steam survey is not representable!!!"

"Bu...I still have better PC so I don't care!''

...

Actually this wasn't even up for debate, this is a fact. PS4 is stronger than most gaming PC's right now.

Conclusion: Most PC gamers are peasants and have weaker hardware than PS4.

Peasants are members of a social class whereas hermits live in seclusion. You have contradicted yourself.

Conclusion: Your logic has been clouded by your desire to insult people and any subsequent statements you make should be disregard as the rantings of a butt-hurt little boy trying to justify his choice in gaming hardware.

Thanks for playing.

Avatar image for Minishdriveby
#73 Edited by Minishdriveby (10520 posts) -

Considering any Computer can be a "gaming PC" that makes sense. I access steam through a crappy $300 laptop...

And out of the 75 million active users that access Steam, that still leaves 11.25 million users with a PC more powerful than a PS4...

Avatar image for MBirdy88
#74 Posted by MBirdy88 (12230 posts) -

@daious said:

You only proved there are more gaming computers stronger than a ps4 out there.

thread over.

Avatar image for jg4xchamp
#75 Posted by jg4xchamp (61462 posts) -

So my i7 and 660 is stronger than 100% of the PS4 owners, cool.

Avatar image for cainetao11
#76 Posted by cainetao11 (32734 posts) -

Not mine lolololololol

Enjoy your inferior Witcher 3 and Arkham Knight LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

(even typing that felt stupid)

Avatar image for edwardecl
#77 Posted by edwardecl (2240 posts) -

Not surprising, the PS4 has the same generation of GPU (process) as the last 3 generations of AMD GPUs on PC including the current one. I have a HD7850 which is about the same as the PS4 more or less, I won't be upgrading until probably 22nm or whatever the next jump is because I don't want my PC to sound like a Harrier Jump Jet on take off when I play a game.

Avatar image for thehig1
#78 Posted by thehig1 (6212 posts) -

@jg4xchamp: yep my fx 8350 and hd 7850(2gb) is also stronger. My 7850 is heavily over clocked and beats stock 7870 in benchmarks.

Avatar image for kitty
#79 Posted by kitty (115327 posts) -

@jun_aka_pekto said:

I have three desktop PCs and a gaming laptop that access Steam. None of them are in the survey. I've had Steam since HL2.

I've got two which neither are in it either....

Avatar image for kitty
#80 Edited by kitty (115327 posts) -

@thehig1 said:

@jg4xchamp: yep my fx 8350 and hd 7850(2gb) is also stronger. My 7850 is heavily over clocked and beats stock 7870 in benchmarks.

My 7870's OC to stock 680 levels =p
Without them OC'ed I get a graphic score around or a bit higher than a 290.

Avatar image for MdBrOtha04
#81 Edited by MdBrOtha04 (1828 posts) -
@bublover1 said:

After seeing Uncharted 4, I think the correct percentage is 100%.

Remember when they said the Halo 2 and 3 trailers were in-engine...

Just be ready for it.

and I'm definitely in the 15%.

Loading Video...

Avatar image for LJS9502_basic
#82 Posted by LJS9502_basic (162189 posts) -

@jun_aka_pekto said:

I have three desktop PCs and a gaming laptop that access Steam. None of them are in the survey. I've had Steam since HL2.

Come on man....you know survey's don't hit everyone. It's probably quite true that the PS4 beats some gaming PCs. Does that negate YOUR enjoyment when playing? I hope not. Anyway....graphics need to be within the ball park.....but they aren't everything in gaming. Hell I still play old games on old systems and enjoy them. I feel sorry for anyone that ties themselves to tech as the only enjoyment.

Not talking about you by the way.....

Avatar image for jun_aka_pekto
#83 Posted by jun_aka_pekto (22641 posts) -

@LJS9502_basic said:

@jun_aka_pekto said:

I have three desktop PCs and a gaming laptop that access Steam. None of them are in the survey. I've had Steam since HL2.

Come on man....you know survey's don't hit everyone. It's probably quite true that the PS4 beats some gaming PCs. Does that negate YOUR enjoyment when playing? I hope not. Anyway....graphics need to be within the ball park.....but they aren't everything in gaming. Hell I still play old games on old systems and enjoy them. I feel sorry for anyone that ties themselves to tech as the only enjoyment.

Not talking about you by the way.....

Of course not. I'm just getting in the spirit of SW. ;) He He.

In fact, I was in the 85% group (GTX 560 Ti) until a couple of weeks ago. Plus, I intend to buy a PS4 once the number of its exclusives that I like hit critical mass.

*Game face back on**

Avatar image for KungfuKitten
#84 Posted by KungfuKitten (24680 posts) -

Because for 85% of PC games you won't need a very powerful PC.

Avatar image for LJS9502_basic
#85 Posted by LJS9502_basic (162189 posts) -

@jun_aka_pekto said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@jun_aka_pekto said:

I have three desktop PCs and a gaming laptop that access Steam. None of them are in the survey. I've had Steam since HL2.

Come on man....you know survey's don't hit everyone. It's probably quite true that the PS4 beats some gaming PCs. Does that negate YOUR enjoyment when playing? I hope not. Anyway....graphics need to be within the ball park.....but they aren't everything in gaming. Hell I still play old games on old systems and enjoy them. I feel sorry for anyone that ties themselves to tech as the only enjoyment.

Not talking about you by the way.....

Of course not. I'm just getting in the spirit of SW. ;) He He.

In fact, I was in the 85% group (GTX 560 Ti) until a couple of weeks ago. Plus, I intend to buy a PS4 once the number of its exclusives that I like hit critical mass.

*Game face back on**

Yeah.....I can't see denying myself a gaming platform. But this is the first time I've created a gaming PC and I'm hoping it's better than a PS4. It cost more to build. :P

Avatar image for jun_aka_pekto
#86 Posted by jun_aka_pekto (22641 posts) -

@LJS9502_basic said:

Yeah.....I can't see denying myself a gaming platform. But this is the first time I've created a gaming PC and I'm hoping it's better than a PS4. It cost more to build. :P

I don't know what you intend to do with that PC besides gaming. But, I usually have enough tasks for a PC to make it more than worth its cost. I do a lot of networking, virtualization, coding (html, xml, Java), rendering/encoding, in addition to gaming, office work, and Web surfing. I can't see myself assembling a PC just for gaming only.

Avatar image for LJS9502_basic
#87 Edited by LJS9502_basic (162189 posts) -

@jun_aka_pekto said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

Yeah.....I can't see denying myself a gaming platform. But this is the first time I've created a gaming PC and I'm hoping it's better than a PS4. It cost more to build. :P

I don't know what you intend to do with that PC besides gaming. But, I usually have enough tasks for a PC to make it more than worth its cost. I do a lot of networking, virtualization, coding (html, xml, Java), rendering/encoding, in addition to gaming, office work, and Web surfing. I can't see myself assembling a PC just for gaming only.

Oh I didn't. It's just the first time I've built one and I made it compatible for gaming. Gaming is probably the least important thing I do with my PC. I still am a console gamer at heart. But I like the option the PC presents.

Avatar image for bldgirsh
#88 Posted by BldgIrsh (3044 posts) -

And 85% of console gamers have a current-gen console. Your point? Nothing can change the fact that those with better specs than the ps4 will always have better specs... Since the ps4 is static. Silly peasant.

Avatar image for AdrianWerner
#89 Posted by AdrianWerner (28438 posts) -

@Suppaman100 said:

The PS4 is roughly on par with, but probably better than, an HD7850. Counting all PCs accessing Steam (a good representative sample) with an HD7870/GTX 660 or higher you can see these make up only about 15% of all PCs.

http://store.steampowered.com/hwsurvey/videocard/

PC gaming peasants: "Bu...bu...bu...we are masterraceee!!!"

Ermm..dude..simple math. There is over billion pcgamers in the world. 15% of that is 150 mln, which is like 20 times more than there is PS4. Heck..PS4 will never reach 150 mln sold units. It will take it half decade to reach even half of that and by then majority of pcgamers will have stronger PCs

Avatar image for SrgtSaggy101
#90 Edited by SrgtSaggy101 (1956 posts) -

@Suppaman100: http://www.gamespot.com/forums/pc-mac-discussion-1000004/showcase-your-rigs-29383766/?page=28

here's our pc's

owned

Avatar image for sam890
#92 Posted by sam890 (1108 posts) -

Who said all PC Gamers are on Steam ? Typical Consolite making threads without research.

Avatar image for Mystery_Writer
#93 Posted by Mystery_Writer (8274 posts) -

85%? that seems below high end PCs (as per 3DMark http://www.3dmark.com/cg/1843390 ).

Avatar image for deactivated-583e460ca986b
#94 Posted by deactivated-583e460ca986b (7240 posts) -

@clyde46 said:

@MlauTheDaft said:

Where does a GTX770 4GB place me?

I propose that this becomes a thread about GPU e-peens and casual conversation.

Lower than my 780Ti.

Lower than my GTX 690 :p

But seriously, do people understand that there is more to a PC than the GPU. The CPU can have a huge impact on performance. And the current gen consoles have tablet CPU's.

@Suppaman100 Also check out the benchmark thread in the PC forum if you think Gamespot member don't have monster rigs.

http://www.gamespot.com/forums/pc-mac-discussion-1000004/benchmark-thread-how-do-you-rank-against-other-gs--29388947/#1202

Avatar image for Vaasman
#95 Edited by Vaasman (12879 posts) -

You do realize that, even assuming that statistic holds up when not using survey information, that 15% of steam users makes up about 12 million PC's with hardware superior to the PS4's, right?

Avatar image for mbrockway
#96 Posted by mbrockway (3560 posts) -

@clyde46 said:

@Stringerboy said:

Dude, thats illegal.

Why? Its not like its real money.

:p

Avatar image for Gaming-Planet
#97 Posted by Gaming-Planet (18762 posts) -

1) Not everyone puts themselves into the survey

2) A lot of people who use their school's laptop might have entered into the survey with their integrated graphics to play indie games

3) GTX 760 is faster than the ps4.

Avatar image for GhoX
#98 Posted by GhoX (6267 posts) -

@Suppaman100: Survey is optional, ergo statistics fail.

Look up non-response bias and self-selection bias.

Avatar image for thehig1
#99 Posted by thehig1 (6212 posts) -

@kitty said:

@thehig1 said:

@jg4xchamp: yep my fx 8350 and hd 7850(2gb) is also stronger. My 7850 is heavily over clocked and beats stock 7870 in benchmarks.

My 7870's OC to stock 680 levels =p

Without them OC'ed I get a graphic score around or a bit higher than a 290.

show off ;)

Avatar image for Cranler
#100 Posted by Cranler (8809 posts) -

And 90% of Steam users have a pc that's better than the average console user. The average consolite is still on last gen.