Ps4 is already dated! (UE4: Ps4 vs GTX 680).

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#51 Posted by lostrib (49999 posts) -

Who cares what PC does. You pay all that money and at the day all your're gonna get is 360 ports anyway. Cry more. 

Pray_to_me

There must be something wrong with my PC then, because that's not what I've been doing

#52 Posted by Pray_to_me (4041 posts) -

[QUOTE="Pray_to_me"]

Who cares what PC does. You pay all that money and at the day all your're gonna get is 360 ports anyway. Cry more. 

lostrib

There must be something wrong with my PC then, because that's not what I've been doing

liandricorp.png

lol sure buddy 

#53 Posted by lostrib (49999 posts) -

[QUOTE="lostrib"]

[QUOTE="Pray_to_me"]

Pray_to_me

liandricorp.png

lol sure buddy 

Clearing out my backlog. Top two most played games on Steam are TF2 and L4D2 which were PC games ported to 360, and are leaps and bounds better on PC.  And then outside steam the current top games would be GW2 a PC exclusive with ~200 hours and BF3 with 300+, which is not a 360 port. so derp

Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
#54 Posted by deactivated-59b71619573a1 (38222 posts) -

There was no big enivornment camera pan to show off the scale like in the PC version. Which leads me to believe it looked horrible on the PS4 or wasn't possible at a decent framerate. Overall it looked noticeably worse

#55 Posted by lunar1122 (779 posts) -

master race continues to impress, words are not even needed.

In b4 not the entire GDDR5 8 gigs was used on the ps4.    Take a look at the post date of the video, EPIC has updated the engine to use the 8 gigs. 

People dont understand More ram does not equal better graphics.    What more ram does is make sure a GPU is not bottlenecked.   More ram does not result in better looking graphics. 

If that was the case, you should be able to slap 8 gigs of gddr5 onto a 8800 gt card and turn it into something much more.  But obviously it does not work like that.    Consolites just have zero clue. 

#56 Posted by wasted_wisdom (1767 posts) -

[QUOTE="Pray_to_me"]

MK-Professor

ButtHurt much?

How is he butthurt? ?Is that like a goto card for people? Someone says sometging you disagree with and instead of logically arguing or countering, you say they're butthurt
#57 Posted by Tessellation (9006 posts) -

Pray_to_me
massive butthurt detected :cool: more tears please.
#58 Posted by MK-Professor (4139 posts) -

[QUOTE="MK-Professor"]

[QUOTE="Pray_to_me"]

wasted_wisdom

ButtHurt much?

How is he butthurt? ?Is that like a goto card for people? Someone says sometging you disagree with and instead of logically arguing or countering, you say they're butthurt

the guy that still play games like that:
"720p or sub-hd, low settings, 25-30fps, small fov, no options for different control schemes, no mods, etc"
and try is to downplay the fact that other people play games like that:
"2560x1440, 60fps, high settings, large fov, k/m(and controller), mods, etc"

that is butthurt.

#59 Posted by Supabul (4266 posts) -

So what's the purpose of this, is it bad or good, I'm confused

#60 Posted by deactivated-59b71619573a1 (38222 posts) -

Supabul

It's bad. Epic expected better hardware from next gen consoles when they made Unreal Engine 4, but since the PS4 was announced they had to strip out parts of the engine and make it elss dynamic because the PS4 hardware couldn't do it properly in real time. 

Doesn't mean it will look bad, just means it won't look as good as it could or should look. And the PS4 was disappointing in that regard to Epic

#61 Posted by lostrib (49999 posts) -

[QUOTE="MK-Professor"]

[QUOTE="Pray_to_me"]

wasted_wisdom

ButtHurt much?

^butthurt

Avatar image for chikenfriedrice
#62 Posted by chikenfriedrice (13561 posts) -

stupid question but is the PS4 more powerful than my PC?

XFX Double D HD-687A-ZDFC Radeon HD 6870 1GB

Intel Core i5 2300(2.80GHz) 8GB 1TB HDD Capacity

#63 Posted by Kashiwaba (8056 posts) -

chikenfriedrice

I think yes it is.

Avatar image for StrongBlackVine
#64 Posted by StrongBlackVine (13262 posts) -

[QUOTE="Supabul"]

seanmcloughlin

It's bad. Epic expected better hardware from next gen consoles when they made Unreal Engine 4, but since the PS4 was announced they had to strip out parts of the engine and make it elss dynamic because the PS4 hardware couldn't do it properly in real time. 

Doesn't mean it will look bad, just means it won't look as good as it could or should look. And the PS4 was disappointing in that regard to Epic

Epic and more importantly most 3rd party developers would be disappointed if the PS4 cost $600 too. Can't expect to work magic on a budget.

#66 Posted by lunar1122 (779 posts) -

chikenfriedrice

your cpu is stronger than it, but your graphic card isn't as good.      ps4 is in between 7850 and 7870. Aim for like the 7950 to be more than clearly ahead of the ps4 graphic potential

#67 Posted by chikenfriedrice (13561 posts) -

[QUOTE="chikenfriedrice"]

lunar1122

your cpu is stronger than it, but your graphic card isn't as good. ps4 is in between 7850 and 7870. Aim for like the 7950 to be more than clearly ahead of the ps4 graphic potential

cool thanks for the input!

#68 Posted by mastershake575 (8493 posts) -

your cpu is stronger than it, but your graphic card isn't as good.      ps4 is in between 7850 and 7870. Aim for like the 7950 to be more than clearly ahead of the ps4 graphic potential

lunar1122

This user is correct. Aim for a 7950/660ti if you want to upgrade now. If your happy with your current performance then wait till the end of the year and upgrade (the gtx 760ti/mid ranged 8000 series cards should be above a GTX 670 in terms of performance)

#69 Posted by xboxiphoneps3 (3055 posts) -
Unoptimized code is unoptimized...
#70 Posted by xboxiphoneps3 (3055 posts) -

[QUOTE="Supabul"]

seanmcloughlin

The dam tech demo is still unoptimized for the PS4...dam Hermits are ridicolous with this shit...
#71 Posted by chikenfriedrice (13561 posts) -

[QUOTE="lunar1122"]

your cpu is stronger than it, but your graphic card isn't as good. ps4 is in between 7850 and 7870. Aim for like the 7950 to be more than clearly ahead of the ps4 graphic potential

mastershake575

This user is correct. Aim for a 7950/660ti if you want to upgrade now. If your happy with your current performance then wait till the end of the year and upgrade (the gtx 760ti/mid ranged 8000 series cards should be above a GTX 670 in terms of performance)

good to know...I will wait because it's pretty good for me right now but I do not want a console to out perform my PC so I will be upgrading

#72 Posted by PC_Otter (1623 posts) -

[QUOTE="Supabul"]

seanmcloughlin

Epic should've been able to predict silicon/GFLOPS capabilities and costs for next gen consoles and had their engine able to deal with it accordingly. At $400, it's rumored that the PS4's hardware still will be sold at a loss, but at nowhere the near cost as the original model of PS3s.
#73 Posted by Riverwolf007 (26023 posts) -

since all recent consoles have had  at best 6 month old pc gfx i am not going to call out the ps4 for being subject to reality.

a new  mid to high range pc is always going to look better than a new console.

it is just the nature of the beast.

#74 Posted by xboxiphoneps3 (3055 posts) -

since all recent consoles have had  at best 6 month old pc gfx i am not going to call out the ps4 for being subject to reality.

Riverwolf007
Uhh, nothing on the PC currently looks as good as Knack or Deep Down, but i fully expect PC games next year to start taking off on next gen consoles
#75 Posted by Tessellation (9006 posts) -
[QUOTE="Riverwolf007"]

xboxiphoneps3
Uhh, nothing on the PC currently looks as good as Knack or Deep Down, but i fully expect PC games next year to start taking off on next gen consoles

:lol: BF4 stomps them both and wasn't even the final build.. lol at deep down that was a tech demo and running on PC. :cool:
#76 Posted by Riverwolf007 (26023 posts) -

[QUOTE="Riverwolf007"]

xboxiphoneps3

th?id=H.4931817390868839&pid=15.1

#77 Posted by scoots9 (3491 posts) -

Why compare it to a 680? It's dated compared to my 3 year old 5870.

#78 Posted by StrongBlackVine (13262 posts) -

scoots9

LOL moron. I really hope you are trolling and not that stupid...

#79 Posted by cfisher2833 (2150 posts) -

[QUOTE="mastershake575"]

[QUOTE="lunar1122"]

chikenfriedrice

good to know...I will wait because it's pretty good for me right now but I do not want a console to out perform my PC so I will be upgrading

I would wait. You have to remember: the new consoles aren't coming out until December of this year. By that time, AMD and Nvidia will have released even better GPUs. And considering we really don't have any indication of the system requirements necessary to play these games, it would be better to wait and see. 

BTW, where do people keep getting this idea that the PS4 will only be $400? From all that I've read, there's no way that it's gonna be 400. You have to remember that the original model of the PS4 didn't have 8Gbs of GDDR5, and while that memory has diminishing returns after a certain point, it's still going to cost a pretty penny if only because GDDR5 memory is in high demand with a limited supply. Sony has also confirmed that it will have a large HD, and HD prices are still pretty damn high. Then you've got to figure in the price of the controller, which as we've seen, has quite a bit more going on in it than your old $40 controllers. Then there's the PS4 camera, which will add a bit. And Sony is in no position whatsoever to sell this console at a loss. Doing so could quite literally bankrupt the company, and they're already struggling quite a bit, although keep in mind that someone else would most likely buy the company. 

#80 Posted by xboxiphoneps3 (3055 posts) -
[QUOTE="xboxiphoneps3"][QUOTE="Riverwolf007"]

Tessellation

:lol: BF4 stomps them both and wasn't even the final build.. lol at deep down that was a tech demo and running on PC. :cool:

Actually Capcom representative them selfs said it was running on the PS4 right before they showed it, and it was actually confirmed that it was in gameplay... Plus PS4 will be able to run BF4 at 1080p at 30 fps with the same graphical detail as they showed .
#81 Posted by lezgoyolo (41 posts) -
PS4 is a beast console but is weak for PC. what the hell don't Hermits get?
#82 Posted by Tessellation (9006 posts) -

[QUOTE="Tessellation"][QUOTE="xboxiphoneps3"] Uhh, nothing on the PC currently looks as good as Knack or Deep Down, but i fully expect PC games next year to start taking off on next gen consolesxboxiphoneps3

Actually Capcom representative them selfs said it was running on the PS4 right before they showed it, and it was actually confirmed that it was in gameplay... Plus PS4 will be able to run BF4 at 1080p at 30 fps with the same graphical detail as they showed .

links? :lol: any console can run a tech demo and we know how that ends up, BF4 on consoles is rumored to be 720p at 60fps...you talk like you're a developer but know sh!t about it :cool:

#83 Posted by StrongBlackVine (13262 posts) -

PS4 is a beast console but is weak for PC. what the hell don't Hermits get? lezgoyolo

You have to realize most hardcore hermits are total losers in real life. This is probably the only place they to get act superior. :(

#84 Posted by NFJSupreme (6508 posts) -

lol look at all this damage control from the mad cows.  Last month they were saying the PS4 is as powerful as a high end PC.  Bragging about how PC doesn't have 8 GB DDR5.  Bragging about how hermits are jelly.  Bragging about how they are butthurt.  Now this video comes out showing unreal engine 4 running on the PS4 and you can see how it is noticably different to the PC demo running on a 680 that came out LAST YEAR and all of a sudden its "oh its not optomized", "the specs aren't final", "graphics doesn't matter" give me a break.  Just accept the facts that everyone with a brain was telling you mad cows. PC will always have superior tech.  Even if a new console comes out that is on par with the top of the line PCs (not the case this generation) PC would quickly move ahead withing months to a year.

Let me explain how it works to you mad cows one more time.  PC sets the bar.  A new console comes out attempting to achieve the bar PREVIOSLY set by PC.  PC raises the bar.  During the life span of the new console through high optimization and learning to maxmize the effeciency of all the tools available on the console, consoles attempt to keep up with the new bar set by PC (this is how console extends their lifespans).  Then PC RAISES the bar AGAIN and the what was once new console cannot compete and its time for a new console to emerge.  This is how it works.  The sooner you mad cows accept this the sooner we can have REAL discussion on system wars.  

Also not saying all cows suffer from mad cow disease. A lof of y'all do not and are experienced and mature gamers who understand how the system works.  But some of your peers are clearly afflicted and often times are the loudest ones on this forum.  The butthurt in this thread just proves it.

#85 Posted by PC_Otter (1623 posts) -

[QUOTE="scoots9"]

StrongBlackVine

Actually the 5870 has more GFLOPS, but the tessellation performance and sheer efficiency of GCN over VLIW5 makes up for it by far.
#86 Posted by PraetorianMan (1774 posts) -

Don't want to read though 5 pages of this junk.

Has anyone mentioned how the GTX 680 by itself costs more than the probable price of the entire PS4?

#87 Posted by mastershake575 (8493 posts) -

scoots9
I'm confused by this statement. The GTX680 came out exactly a year ago (its not dated at all). Its highend in terms of performance (it gets 2-3x the performance of a 5870/7850).
#88 Posted by mastershake575 (8493 posts) -

Has anyone mentioned how the GTX 680 by itself costs more than the probable price of the entire PS4?PraetorianMan
Sort of. Users have mentioned that the 760Ti/8000 series (both will be out by ps4 launch) will perform close to a GTX 680 at mid ranged prices ($250 range)

#89 Posted by CDWJUSTIN (2078 posts) -

id rather play any game on my ps whatever than on a pc anyday thanks

#90 Posted by NFJSupreme (6508 posts) -

Don't want to read though 5 pages of this junk.

Has anyone mentioned how the GTX 680 by itself costs more than the probable price of the entire PS4?

PraetorianMan

You get what you pay for but the 680 isn't that far off from the probable launch price of the PS4.  Its actually cheaper than the launch price of the PS3.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127671

Also you don't need a 680 to outclass the PS4.  You could get a 7950, 7970, 660ti, and 670 which all outclass the PS4 and definitely cost less than the probably PS4 launch price.

#91 Posted by mitu123 (155202 posts) -

id rather play any game on my ps whatever than on a pc anyday thanks

CDWJUSTIN
Thanks for sharing.
#92 Posted by King_Dodongo (3756 posts) -
Not even cows care about the PS4 anyway, all of their attention these days is for the WiiU. They make more than double the topics about it.
#93 Posted by deactivated-59b71619573a1 (38222 posts) -

[QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

[QUOTE="Supabul"]

xboxiphoneps3

The dam tech demo is still unoptimized for the PS4...dam Hermits are ridicolous with this shit...

Really? Cos there's proof for what I just said, where's your proof for what you just said? 

#94 Posted by Mozelleple112 (6960 posts) -
[QUOTE="StrongBlackVine"]

[QUOTE="scoots9"]

PC_Otter

Actually the 5870 has more GFLOPS, but the tessellation performance and sheer efficiency of GCN over VLIW5 makes up for it by far.

I have a 5870 and I certainly hope the PS4 will out perform it :L
#95 Posted by osirisx3 (2113 posts) -

some of the texture looks really muddy on ps4. I am kinda on the fence if i should get a pc or ps4 for next gen. If i have to pay for online that will be the deal breaker for me. But hardware wise i am not sure if the ps4 will stand up to pcs in the future.

#96 Posted by deactivated-59b71619573a1 (38222 posts) -

Here's a good way to watch both versions of the demo side by side 

http://www.youtubemultiplier.com/5155d1307781a-unreal-engine-4-elemental-demo-ps4-vs-pc.php

#97 Posted by gamecubepad (7690 posts) -

[QUOTE="PraetorianMan"]Has anyone mentioned how the GTX 680 by itself costs more than the probable price of the entire PS4?mastershake575

Sort of. Users have mentioned that the 760Ti/8000 series (both will be out by ps4 launch) will perform close to a GTX 680 at mid ranged prices ($250 range)

Also, rumors of PS4 going the Live route and charging for online. If true, then we must add $300-500 to the price. Could get ugly real fast.

#98 Posted by NFJSupreme (6508 posts) -

[QUOTE="xboxiphoneps3"][QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

seanmcloughlin

Really? Cos there's proof for what I just said, where's your proof for what you just said? 

he is just one of those butthurt mad cows who were screaming "feel teh powah of teh 8GBDDR5!!!!!!!!!!!"

#99 Posted by Tessellation (9006 posts) -

[QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

[QUOTE="xboxiphoneps3"] The dam tech demo is still unoptimized for the PS4...dam Hermits are ridicolous with this shit...NFJSupreme

he is just one of those butthurt mad cows who were screaming "teh powah of teh 8GBDDR5!!!!!!!!!!!"

yeah the old lazy devs excuse now is ''they haven't optimized'' he thinks that epic has been sitting and staring at the PS4 dev kits since they showed the engine at the sony event..this tech demo probably is a current version.
#100 Posted by NFJSupreme (6508 posts) -

some of the texture looks really muddy on ps4. I am kinda on the fence if i should get a pc or ps4 for next gen. If i have to pay for online that will be the deal breaker for me. But hardware wise i am not sure if the ps4 will stand up to pcs in the future.

osirisx3

that shouldn't be what drives your purchase and if that is what drives your purchase then get a PC.  Consoles will never stand up to PC from a technical standpoint.