PS4 increasing its lead over XBONE worldwide; 9M vs 5M

• 100 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

-Damien-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 -Damien-
Member since 2004 • 5355 Posts

http://www.extremetech.com/gaming/187371-ps4-outselling-the-xbox-one-3-to-1-as-total-sales-gap-grows-to-9-million-vs-5-million

damn that's almost double in just a matter of 8 months

Randolph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 Randolph
Member since 2002 • 10542 Posts

So not that much longer till Xbone passes Wii U, and takes away one of Nintendo's last talking points that tries to give their failed console relevance. "It hasn't failed, Wii U is in second place!!". I hope this humbling teaches Nintendo a lesson that helps them return to the glory days of the NES and SNES. I miss that Nintendo.

Avatar image for CrownKingArthur
CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By CrownKingArthur
Member since 2013 • 5262 Posts

i haven't used a calculator but it seems in favour of ps4

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50551 Posts

@CrownKingArthur said:

Calculators are cows

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 SolidGame_basic  Online
Member since 2003 • 45090 Posts

Sony tearin' it up

Couth_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Couth_
Member since 2008 • 10369 Posts

@CrownKingArthur said:

Gonna have to run some benchmarks to confirm

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

Not surprised. I think the math employed in the link was in favor of the Xbone and I don't agree with the guestimation math, but I'll stick by my statement that I'm not surprised at the PS4 performing better over the Xbone.

I own both, but I've seen only three Games with Gold games on Xbone, meanwhile Sony has delivered 12 games to PS+ users on PS4. It's the little things.

The PS4 has far more games than the Xbone. Sony's machine is more powerful and therefore the go-to for multiplats machines (as the 360 was last gen) and it was cheaper, XBLG is $60, PS+ is $50, Kinect in box with poor Kinect games to purchase, Better 1st party on Sony's end, Xbox doing the timed exclusive deals with EA, Activision, and Capcom (Sony is starting to ape this too). Sony supports their machines with retail high quality 1st party games longer, PSN improved with Party chat, PS4 UI much better to navigate over Xbones, Internal battery vs. buy your own batteries with the controllers.

I didn't even bring up the 180 reversals in policy the Xbone and Xbox Live went through just to keep up with Sony. It all adds up.

Yes, the $60 XBLG service offered 3 free Xbone games till now, and the $50 service PS+ offered 12 free PS4 games. It's so backwards.

People can argue about it, damage control it, run around and change the subject, but the consumers are making their choices and all these variables add up. I own all the machines, but I can't help but make these observations and comparisons each and every month when I'm downloading new games from GwG and PS+ for example.

inb4 deals. Yes, I get XBLG on sale as I do PS+.

inb4uall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 inb4uall
Member since 2012 • 6564 Posts

@speak_low said:

@Randolph said:

So not that much longer till Xbone passes Wii U, and takes away one of Nintendo's last talking points that tries to give their failed console relevance. "It hasn't failed, Wii U is in second place!!". I hope this humbling teaches Nintendo a lesson that helps them return to the glory days of the NES and SNES. I miss that Nintendo.

And in a few months, the Xbox 360 is going to outsell the Wii's total in North America.

Double whammy!

Yeah never mind the fact that Nintendo moved on from the Wii to the Wii U years ago.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10  Edited By blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts
@-Damien- said:

http://www.extremetech.com/gaming/187371-ps4-outselling-the-xbox-one-3-to-1-as-total-sales-gap-grows-to-9-million-vs-5-million

They are taking a guess. Which means none of this is actually a FACT.

"By our estimations, the PS4 is probably sitting at around 9 million consoles sold globally."

"Our estimates put the Xbox One, globally, at around 5 million sold units."

This thead can be locked now.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

PS4 is the Gingerbread Man.

Avatar image for ghostwarrior786
ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 ghostwarrior786
Member since 2005 • 5811 Posts

Once the ps4 exclusive no mans sky releases the lead is only going to increase.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#13 blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts
@ghostwarrior786 said:

Once the XB1 launches in those other 33 countries including China and Japan, that lead is going to decrease. Then it will decrease again after Halo: MCC is released. No Man Sky doesn't even have a release date yet. You may not see that game until 2016 since they only have like 3 people working on it. If anything LBP or Drive Club bundles at $399 would move more PS4's.

xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By xhawk27
Member since 2010 • 12181 Posts

@ghostwarrior786 said:

So after a year maybe the devs port it over to the Xbox One. Did you not hear it's coming to the PC too.

Avatar image for Master_Of_Fools
Master_Of_Fools

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Master_Of_Fools
Member since 2009 • 1651 Posts

@Randolph: False. Xbox One has hits its dead end. It will never pass Wii U. Wii won last gen and Wii U will come in 2nd this gen. Xbox One has nothing till Halo 5 next year. Smash Bros, Captain Toad Treasure Tracker, Bayonetta 2, Sonic Boom, Hyrule Warriors all from September - December. Wii U is off the old track it was on and on a new track, though it will take a few months to get the old Nintendo train moving again, its a big train.

Master_Of_Fools

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Master_Of_Fools

@speak_low: Yeah...cause Wii died years ago. You might as well be saying hey Xbox 360 beat NES sales!!!! WOO HOO. Your not including the fact the 3DS is still the global juggernaught. Xbox One wont pass Wii U. Nobody likes that shit.

Avatar image for ghostwarrior786
ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 ghostwarrior786
Member since 2005 • 5811 Posts

@blackace said:
@ghostwarrior786 said:

Once the XB1 launches in those other 33 countries including China and Japan, that lead is going to decrease. Then it will decrease again after Halo: MCC is released. No Man Sky doesn't even have a release date yet. You may not see that game until 2016 since they only have like 3 people working on it. If anything LBP or Drive Club bundles at $399 would move more PS4's.

Brah ms cant even speak chinese, how the hell are they going to sell consoles over there? I conducted a survey in my college and can conclude no mans sky will indeed outsell halo, by 2018, if my estimations are correct, it would have outsold the entitre halo franchise. The success of godstation4 is going to propell this game to heights only jesus has reached.

@xhawk27 said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

So after a year maybe the devs port it over to the Xbox One. Did you not hear it's coming to the PC too.

Pc isnt powerful enough to handle the game, x1 maybe if it embraced the power of the cloud on a really stormy day it may handle it but ps4 will have definitive version so its pretty much an exclusive

I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By I_can_haz
Member since 2013 • 6511 Posts

@blackace said:
@ghostwarrior786 said:

Delusional blackace. I'm saving this quote for future ownage.

PapaTrop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#21 PapaTrop
Member since 2014 • 1792 Posts

4 million extra sales for Sony fans to play on their PS4s.

Sounds fun.

Wiiboxstation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Wiiboxstation
Member since 2014 • 1753 Posts

9 million compared with 5 million isn't 3 to 1. It's closer to to 3 to 2 than 3 to 1. It's still an impressive 4 million lead especially when 5 million is a very respectable number.

If these sales continue at this speed than around the 5 year mark xbone will have around 37.5 million console sales and ps4 will have around 67.5 million console sales.

I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 I_can_haz
Member since 2013 • 6511 Posts

@wiiboxstation said:

9 million compared with 5 million isn't 3 to 1. It's closer to to 3 to 2 than 3 to 1. It's still an impressive 4 million lead especially when 5 million is a very respectable number.

If these sales continue at this speed than around the 5 year mark xbone will have around 37.5 million console sales and ps4 will have around 67.5 million console sales.

Thing is the Xbone sales have slowed to a crawl since launch. 5 million shipped Xbones is extremely front loaded. For the last couple of months its sales completely fell off a cliff in Europe while the PS4 has remained steady. if anything the gap will continue to widen as the early numbers the Xbone piled at launch will start to look smaller compared to the lead Sony is gaining. It will probably become a 3:1 lead by next year if things don't change drastically for M$.

commonfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By commonfate
Member since 2010 • 13320 Posts

Sony isn't clowning Microsoft so hard (yet) that it's already over. Should be interesting to see what MS will do to try make up for a rather embarrassing start. Game development would be a start.

Master_Of_Fools

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Master_Of_Fools

@speak_low: Nintendo decided to not make any more big games. No clue why. They wanted to try to get a jump on the 8th gen 1st. They kinda blew it but meh whatever.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

Kinda sad both consoles selling that much without any relevant games

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Shewgenja

@MonsieurX said:

Kinda sad both consoles selling that much without any relevant games

Really? Gen7 lasted how long? Why would anyone not want a Gen8 console even if just for the multiplats at this point?

Nengo_Flow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Nengo_Flow
Member since 2011 • 10644 Posts

@blackace said:
@ghostwarrior786 said:

I thought it already launched in Japan like last month

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 AM-Gamer
Member since 2012 • 8116 Posts

@blackace: Lol Xbox in Japan and China is going to do nothing. The US and UK were the Xboxes strongest markets and they are getting trounced there as well to.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318
deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318
Member since 2008 • 4166 Posts
@blackace said:
@ghostwarrior786 said:

Given they're pretty much all regions that the PS3 outsold the 360 in then i highly doubt it'll do anything. Maybe a little bump initially but that'll be irrelevant as the PS4 continues to outsell it monthly. There's a reason MS left those regions. Don't put your hopes into China either given the PS4 is releasing there too and seems to be better received.

Unless MS find a way to consistently move more units than the PS4 then they've got no hope of closing the gap. That's the key.

As for the rest of it just you wait until Titanfall is released,there's the price drop, Halo:MCC is released! Lol

Seriously though given Titanfall couldn't help the X1 catch the PS4 even in the US after all that hype i'm skeptical that the MCC is going to have much of an effect on WW sales.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#31 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

And all with no games.

Daious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Daious
Member since 2013 • 2315 Posts

@foxhound_fox said:

And all with no games.

this is true about both consoles. I was at the mall and there was nothing. The games that were out were ridiculously overpriced. Tombraider sitting at 40 dollars when its 7.50 right now on PC for the GOTY edition. My girlfriend and I couldn't for the life of us justify any of the few games that they had and the prices.

I have absolutely zero idea how these consoles are selling at record paces. There is nothing out right now.

tacoma1972

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 tacoma1972
Member since 2013 • 199 Posts

Ps4 is doing all the right stuff. Here in canada the price is 449.00 compared to the one,s 399.00. They just adjusted that by releasing the new ps4 with last of us packed in for 449.00. That brings a much superior product to the same price point as the xbox with what ia arguably one of the best games EVER.

Master_Of_Fools

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Master_Of_Fools

@speak_low: 3rd party has gone to shit these days. Other then Destiny and Batman Arkham Knight not a single 3rd party 8th gen game is worth a penny. And Wii U has MK8 as it's only big seller. Smash and Zelda will sell well and bring people aboard. Metroid will to since alot of people are waiting for that. And I will make a very bold prediction. Starfox returning on Wii U will bring in 20 million Wii U sales alone. Do NOT underestimate the demand and passion for Starfox.

Netret0120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#35 Netret0120
Member since 2013 • 3594 Posts

Sony won this gen as soon as Xbone started with their policy changes and kinect.

PS4TrumpsXbox1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By PS4TrumpsXbox1
Member since 2013 • 1371 Posts

@wiiboxstation said:

Not trolling but I think the 3 to 1 talk was them talking about sold numbers in apr to jun with MS having 1.1 mil (360 + one) and Sony having 3.5 million (ps3 +ps4)

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Shewgenja

@Netret0120:

Ps4 had this generation the day it was announced. Everyone wanted a reason to jump off of the XBox after the Kinect ditched gamers back in 2009. All MS has done since then is make the decision that much easier.

Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#38 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts

@I_can_haz said:

@blackace said:
@ghostwarrior786 said:

He's a very unique poster, isn't he. Absolutely convinced the countries that don't give a shit about Xbox will do what Titanfall and -$100 couldn't. It's literally one of the stupidest things I've read on here.

PS4hasNOgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By PS4hasNOgames
Member since 2014 • 2620 Posts

@Randolph said:

I think with its lower price and smash bros coming out this year, Zelda next year, the Wii U will continue to lead over the xbox one until 2016. I think the wii U is around 7 million right now world wide.

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#40 super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33103 Posts

@PS4TrumpsXbox1 said:

@wiiboxstation said:

Not trolling but I think the 3 to 1 talk was them talking about sold numbers in apr to jun with MS having 1.1 mil (360 + one) and Sony having 3.5 million (ps3 +ps4)

@Master_Of_Fools said:

@speak_low: 3rd party has gone to shit these days. Other then Destiny and Batman Arkham Knight not a single 3rd party 8th gen game is worth a penny. And Wii U has MK8 as it's only big seller. Smash and Zelda will sell well and bring people aboard. Metroid will to since alot of people are waiting for that. And I will make a very bold prediction. Starfox returning on Wii U will bring in 20 million Wii U sales alone. Do NOT underestimate the demand and passion for Starfox.

The starfox franchise is way too niche to do that. It's extremely rare for one game to sell that many consoles.

Wiiboxstation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Wiiboxstation
Member since 2014 • 1753 Posts

@PS4TrumpsXbox1 said:

@wiiboxstation said:

Well that is fair enough.

ShoTTyMcNaDeS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 ShoTTyMcNaDeS
Member since 2011 • 2784 Posts

@-Damien- said:

So do you actually play games, or do you just look for ways to bash the Xbox One?? Dude, we get it, you are a RAGING SONY FANBOY and hate MS and the XBOX brand. Good for you and now go away!

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 delta3074
Member since 2007 • 20003 Posts

@inb4uall said:

@speak_low said:

@Randolph said:

And in a few months, the Xbox 360 is going to outsell the Wii's total in North America.

Double whammy!

Yeah never mind the fact that Nintendo moved on from the Wii to the Wii U years ago.

A year and a half a go to be exact.

'Years' doesn't come into it dude.

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 GrenadeLauncher
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts

EA Access will turn the tide.

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 GrenadeLauncher
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts

@Floppy_Jim said:

@I_can_haz said:

@blackace said:
@ghostwarrior786 said:

He's a very unique poster, isn't he. Absolutely convinced the countries that don't give a shit about Xbox will do what Titanfall and -$100 couldn't. It's literally one of the stupidest things I've read on here.

Yep. PS4 will have a million lead in the US by the time MCC is out and the tier 2 launch will stick a couple hundred thousand on the Xbone number. That cushion is big enough to survive blackace's madness.

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By delta3074
@Floppy_Jim said:

@I_can_haz said:

@blackace said:
@ghostwarrior786 said:

i think you should be more careful dude, if the lead decreases by even a couple of thousand units when the xbone releases in those countrys then both of you where wrong and he was right and you will look silly and he will have the Ammo he needs to keep droning on (bad news)

Not saying it's going to happen, but there is a chance it will, thats why i never comment on things like that because you just never know whats going to happen, with China's Anti -japanese stance at the moment the Xbone could actually do rather well in china.

Shielder7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Shielder7
Member since 2006 • 5191 Posts

@blackace said:
@ghostwarrior786 said:

DEadliNE-Zero0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By DEadliNE-Zero0
Member since 2014 • 6607 Posts

More sales wars? hahahaha

Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts

@delta3074 said:
@Floppy_Jim said:

@I_can_haz said:

@blackace said:
@ghostwarrior786 said:

i think you should be more careful dude, if the lead decreases by even a couple of thousand units when the xbone releases in those countrys then both of you where wrong and he was right and you will look silly and he will have the Ammo he needs to keep droning on (bad news)

Not saying it's going to happen, but there is a chance it will, thats why i never comment on things like that because you just never know whats going to happen, with China's Anti -japanese stance at the moment the Xbone could actually do rather well in china.

If nothing else, the PS4 Destiny bundle by itself will counter the Tier 2 Xbone launches. They are "Tier 2" for a good reason. I encourage him to rub it in if he's right and I'm wrong though.

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By delta3074

@Floppy_Jim said:

If nothing else, the PS4 Destiny bundle by itself will counter the Tier 2 Xbone launches. They are "Tier 2" for a good reason. I encourage him to rub it in if he's right and I'm wrong though.

We can't allow that to happen Jim (star trekkin across the universe...) he would become insufferable,lol

it's worse than that he's dead Jim....