PS4 has moved 1.477 Billion software (and other things from Sony Q2 2020 earnings)

Avatar image for sakaixx
sakaiXx

10479

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 10479 Posts

From our usual contributor for threads and PS fans second home probably aka @Resetera, user @ArmGunar discloses that Sony PS4 now has moved over total of 1.477 Billion software and moved 80m Software in 3 month (Jul -Sept) alone. No other platform holder ever surpased 60m software sold in Q2 which PS4 now done four times. Sony also sold 12.4m 1st party software during this period.

*PS4 is now the most profitable console in the history of consoles and only behind the PS2 in total software sold (PS2 sold 1.5b software).

See, a really good console always should have a good mix of 1st party and 3rd party support. Idk why the other platform holder keep ignoring either one of those.

Again,thanks to ArmGunar @ Resetera

Highlights :

  • Over $4.77B Revenue and $0.988B Profit between July-September 2020 (Q2 FY20)
    • 2nd biggest Revenue ever for PlayStation (and for any platform holder) during Q2
      • Top 3 biggest Q2 Revenue ever:
        1. Sony Q2 FY18
        2. Sony Q2 FY20
        3. Sony Q2 FY19
      • To show how big Revenue are, Q2 FY20 Revenue are higher than any quarter of Xbox (even Oct-Dec quarters)
    • 3rd biggest Revenue ever for PlayStation (and for any platform holder) during a non-Holiday quarter (non-Q3)
      • Top 5 biggest non-Q3 Revenue ever:
        1. Sony Q1 FY20 (April-June 2020 - FF7R/TLOU Part II)
        2. Sony Q2 FY18 (July-Sept 2018 - Spider-Man)
        3. Sony Q2 FY20 (July-Sept 2020 - Ghost of Tsushima)
        4. Sony Q4 FY18 (Jan-Mar 2019)
        5. Sony Q1 FY18 (April-June 2018 - God of War/Detroit)
    • Best Operating Profit ever for PlayStation during Q2
      • 2nd best Operating Profit ever for any platform holder during Q2
    • 2nd best Operating Profit ever for PlayStation during any quarter (out of 104 quarters in PlayStation history)
  • Hardware : 1.5m PS4 sold-in during Q2 FY20 (LTD: 113.6m)
  • Software : 80.9m games sold-in during Q2 FY20
    • including 12.4m Sony published games (vs 6.3m - Q2 FY19)
      • 15.3% of total games sold this Q2 (vs 8.9% - Q2 FY19)
    • 2nd highest software sales during Q2 in video game history
    • PS4 is the only console to ever reach > 60m games sold in Q2 and to have 4 Q2 above 60m games sold
  • PS4 Software LTD : > 1.477B games sold
  • Software digital ratio : 59% during Q2 FY20 (July-Sept 2020)
    • Highest digital ratio ever during Q2
  • Software tie ratio : > 13.01 games per console
  • PlayStation Store had its biggest Revenue ever during Q2 with more than $2.80B (+30.9% YoY)
    • including Digital Software & Add-on content
  • PlayStation Software & Services saw their biggest Revenue ever during Q2 with more than $4.02B (+25.6% YoY)
    • including Physical / Digital Software & Add-on content / Services
  • 107m MAU (monthly active users)
    • 107m active users each spent about $26.14 on average on PS Store during Q2
  • FY2020 Updated Forecast :
    • $24.76B Revenue & $2.86B Profit... it would be:
      • Biggest Revenue for PlayStation (and for any platform holder) in video game history
      • 2nd best Operating Profit ever for PlayStation

Source and other extra detail head on over to Resetera ~

https://www.resetera.com/threads/sony-q2-fy2020-july-sept-results-ps4-1-5m-ltd-113-6m-ps4-is-now-the-most-profitable-console-in-video-game-history-profits-61-4-yoy.314353/

Avatar image for gym_lion
Gym_Lion

309

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2 Gym_Lion  Online
Member since 2020 • 309 Posts

That's a lot of games sold. No wonder they put the price up.

ka-ching!!!!

Avatar image for sakaixx
sakaiXx

10479

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 5

#3 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 10479 Posts

@gym_lion: Yep. Unfortunately everyone is looking for more ways to make more money.

Avatar image for vfighter
VFighter

7948

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 7948 Posts

@sakaixx: As much as I don't like it, it was only a matter of time.

Avatar image for gifford38
Gifford38

3350

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#5 Gifford38
Member since 2020 • 3350 Posts

@sakaixx said:

@gym_lion: Yep. Unfortunately everyone is looking for more ways to make more money.

games have been getting longer and more graphically challenges. i don't get why its a shock to raise the price for games.

sony first party as make making games 30 hours to 100 hours long.

if you remember on ps3 we were lucky to get a 10 hour game with a tacked on online mode.

so i think it's fear to raise the price. do I like it of course not.

Avatar image for davillain-
DaVillain-

45238

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#6 DaVillain-
Member since 2014 • 45238 Posts

Wealth & Glory to Sony. Nothing personal, it's just business.

Avatar image for mesome713
Mesome713

205

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#7 Mesome713
Member since 2019 • 205 Posts

And yet they still won't give us GamePass, this company is the greediest of them all. A disgrace to the gaming community.

Avatar image for stacweed11
stacweed11

28

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#8 stacweed11
Member since 2020 • 28 Posts

@mesome713: I got PS now last year on sale ($45) . It's not as good as game pass in value because they don't put brand new games on there. also, a lot of the library is stream only. At the very least all ps4 games on the service can be downloaded and once game pass starts really giving it to sony, I think they will put newer games on it faster (maybe not day one) to better compete.

Avatar image for pc_rocks
PC_Rocks

5038

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#9 PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 5038 Posts

And yet they have a next-gen console coming up which is doing dynamic 4K/1440p and have SmartShift. ROFLMAO!

Avatar image for Pedro
Pedro

46553

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 68

User Lists: 0

#10 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 46553 Posts

@pc_rocks said:

And yet they have a next-gen console coming up which is doing dynamic 4K/1440p and have SmartShift. ROFLMAO!

I am not sure how that relates to this thread.😑

Avatar image for pc_rocks
PC_Rocks

5038

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#11 PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 5038 Posts

@Pedro said:
@pc_rocks said:

And yet they have a next-gen console coming up which is doing dynamic 4K/1440p and have SmartShift. ROFLMAO!

I am not sure how that relates to this thread.😑

You will see in a while. :P

Avatar image for gifford38
Gifford38

3350

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By Gifford38
Member since 2020 • 3350 Posts

@pc_rocks said:

And yet they have a next-gen console coming up which is doing dynamic 4K/1440p and have SmartShift. ROFLMAO!

you do know the series x is the same thing right. either 4k/30 or 1440p/60 for most games. unless cross plat form. but if series x wants raytracing it will run at 4k/30

there is not one series x game that has a higher resolution over the ps5 versions.

show me one third party game that is 4k/60 on the series x and the ps5 version 1440p/60.

Avatar image for st_monica
St_Monica

339

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#13 St_Monica
Member since 2020 • 339 Posts

Lol at those who believe the console market is dying.

Avatar image for mojito1988
mojito1988

4149

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#14 mojito1988
Member since 2006 • 4149 Posts

Too bad I did not like much on Ps4 (with the major exception being Ratchet and Clank of Course).

And yet I am still FORCED to buy a Ps5 that is unlikely to do much for me again cause of.....Ratchet and Clank for course!

Ah the more things change, the more they stay the same with me lol.

Avatar image for rzxv04
rzxv04

2313

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#15 rzxv04
Member since 2018 • 2313 Posts

Someone post direct comparison Xbox figures. Time to shut them ponies up.

Avatar image for Sevenizz
Sevenizz

6462

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#16 Sevenizz
Member since 2010 • 6462 Posts

I contributed 0 to that dollar value.

Avatar image for sakaixx
sakaiXx

10479

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 5

#17 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 10479 Posts

@rzxv04: its not possible. This quarter alone trumps all best xbox quarter that existed. Gamers just spend more on PS.

Avatar image for mojito1988
mojito1988

4149

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#18 mojito1988
Member since 2006 • 4149 Posts

This is always such a weird comparison. Sony has all of it's eggs in one big basket, while Microsoft has wide PC influence. (and also works with Sony and Nintendo).

Yay Sony for staying put in a box I guess? (does not sound great to me)

Avatar image for sakaixx
sakaiXx

10479

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 5

#19  Edited By sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 10479 Posts

@mojito1988: microsoft might be shy on publishing xbox numbers but it exist.

Anyhow its just numbers that only sony cares. But 1.477b software moved in 6years also meant people games more, and that the console has a large variety of games to choose. First party PS4 titles only accounts for around 20% in this Q2 2020, a good ratio compared to how nintendo cannibalized sales in Q1 with more than 50% software is 1st party, leaving thousands of 3rd party battling for scraps.

Avatar image for mojito1988
mojito1988

4149

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#20  Edited By mojito1988
Member since 2006 • 4149 Posts

@sakaixx said:

@mojito1988: microsoft might be shy on publishing xbox numbers but it exist.

Anyhow its just numbers that only sony cares. But 1.477b software moved in 6years also meant people games more, and that the console has a large variety of games to choose. First party PS4 titles only accounts for around 20% in this Q2 2020, a good ratio compared to how nintendo cannibalized sales in Q1 with more than 50% software is 1st party, leaving thousands of 3rd party battling for scraps.

Anyone can spin anything they want to spin. Sony gave up their entire Online Division when they sold it off years ago (horrible choice imo) and their entire handheld experience is gone (horrible choice also). To me that does not feel like growth at all. Quite the opposite. Not sure why Sony fans find these things so exciting with such a small box to play in with such limited options for play.

Avatar image for rzxv04
rzxv04

2313

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#21 rzxv04
Member since 2018 • 2313 Posts

@sakaixx said:

@rzxv04: its not possible. This quarter alone trumps all best xbox quarter that existed. Gamers just spend more on PS.

FAKE NEWS!

Avatar image for sakaixx
sakaiXx

10479

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 5

#22 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 10479 Posts

@rzxv04 said:
@sakaixx said:

@rzxv04: its not possible. This quarter alone trumps all best xbox quarter that existed. Gamers just spend more on PS.

FAKE NEWS!

Fortunately its not.

Avatar image for rzxv04
rzxv04

2313

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#23 rzxv04
Member since 2018 • 2313 Posts

@sakaixx said:
@rzxv04 said:
@sakaixx said:

@rzxv04: its not possible. This quarter alone trumps all best xbox quarter that existed. Gamers just spend more on PS.

FAKE NEWS!

Fortunately its not.

Xbox last place again. :(

Avatar image for mojito1988
mojito1988

4149

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#24 mojito1988
Member since 2006 • 4149 Posts

@rzxv04 said:
@sakaixx said:
@rzxv04 said:
@sakaixx said:

@rzxv04: its not possible. This quarter alone trumps all best xbox quarter that existed. Gamers just spend more on PS.

FAKE NEWS!

Fortunately its not.

Xbox last place again. :(

And still Sony's total value as a company (45 billion) is far less than Nintendo (85 billion) and Microsoft (1 Trillion). That's interesting. To me that looks like last place lol.

Avatar image for Pedro
Pedro

46553

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 68

User Lists: 0

#25 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 46553 Posts

Seeing folks fight over which companies makes more money or is worth more always delivers a good chuckle.

Avatar image for mojito1988
mojito1988

4149

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#26 mojito1988
Member since 2006 • 4149 Posts

@Pedro said:

Seeing folks fight over which companies makes more money or is worth more always delivers a good chuckle.

I love it cause the raw numbers make Sony look VERY small compared to Nintendo and MS.

Avatar image for regnaston
regnaston

1983

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#27  Edited By regnaston
Member since 2008 • 1983 Posts

That thread has the XBOX numbers

"Xbox total gaming revenue was up 22% YoY. Which means it generated around ~$3.1bn in the quarter. The majority being content and services sales, which was up 30% YoY."

Avatar image for mojito1988
mojito1988

4149

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#28 mojito1988
Member since 2006 • 4149 Posts

Lets be real. All of the "Big three" are doing REALLY well right now. Even the little company Sony is doing ok! That is great news!

Avatar image for regnaston
regnaston

1983

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#29  Edited By regnaston
Member since 2008 • 1983 Posts

@mojito1988 said:

Lets be real. All of the "Big three" are doing REALLY well right now. Even the little company Sony is doing ok! That is great news!

I think the pandemic making people stay home helped drive people to look for entertainment in their homes.. Summer blockbuster movie season was cancelled so some of that money probably got pushed to gaming and streaming

Avatar image for rzxv04
rzxv04

2313

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#30  Edited By rzxv04
Member since 2018 • 2313 Posts

@mojito1988 said:
@rzxv04 said:
@sakaixx said:
@rzxv04 said:

FAKE NEWS!

Fortunately its not.

Xbox last place again. :(

And still Sony's total value as a company (45 billion) is far less than Nintendo (85 billion) and Microsoft (1 Trillion). That's interesting. To me that looks like last place lol.

Microsoft is THE beast. Not sure about their Xbox division so here's hoping they destroy Soyny with Bethesda et al.

Avatar image for mojito1988
mojito1988

4149

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#31 mojito1988
Member since 2006 • 4149 Posts

@rzxv04 said:
@mojito1988 said:
@rzxv04 said:
@sakaixx said:
@rzxv04 said:

FAKE NEWS!

Fortunately its not.

Xbox last place again. :(

And still Sony's total value as a company (45 billion) is far less than Nintendo (85 billion) and Microsoft (1 Trillion). That's interesting. To me that looks like last place lol.

Microsoft is THE beast. Not sure about their Xbox division so here's hoping they destroy Soyny with Bethesda et al.

No one needs to "Destroy" anyone. All three are doing well and providing great experiences in their own way. (I realize that thought process is not SW expected material but it is what it is.)

Avatar image for sakaixx
sakaiXx

10479

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 5

#32  Edited By sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 10479 Posts

@mojito1988 said:
@rzxv04 said:
@mojito1988 said:
@rzxv04 said:

Xbox last place again. :(

And still Sony's total value as a company (45 billion) is far less than Nintendo (85 billion) and Microsoft (1 Trillion). That's interesting. To me that looks like last place lol.

Microsoft is THE beast. Not sure about their Xbox division so here's hoping they destroy Soyny with Bethesda et al.

No one needs to "Destroy" anyone. All three are doing well and providing great experiences in their own way. (I realize that thought process is not SW expected material but it is what it is.)

The unfortunate business realities of PlayStation. As its own, PS is the world biggest video game console publisher and some times its revenues and profits is larger than combined both Xbox and Nintendo but bogged down by non performing Sony subsidiaries.

Luckily who cares other than as long as they give content that consumer can enjoy. 1.477billion software moved dont just come from 1st party or 3rd party only, they needs to co exist.

Avatar image for sakaixx
sakaiXx

10479

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 5

#33  Edited By sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 10479 Posts

@regnaston: its good for xbox. They no doubt will be incurring extraordinary expenses when numbers from bethesda comes in but hopefully will drive up revenue by making more contents that gamers can enjoy.

Didn't realize the PS4 and services was this successful until I saw this graph thanks. Forecasting revenue FY20 double that of xbox, those guys at PS crying why they had to carry Sony lol. This also means sony looking for more ways to be more greedy :/

Avatar image for rzxv04
rzxv04

2313

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#34 rzxv04
Member since 2018 • 2313 Posts

@mojito1988 said:
@rzxv04 said:
@mojito1988 said:
@rzxv04 said:
@sakaixx said:

Fortunately its not.

Xbox last place again. :(

And still Sony's total value as a company (45 billion) is far less than Nintendo (85 billion) and Microsoft (1 Trillion). That's interesting. To me that looks like last place lol.

Microsoft is THE beast. Not sure about their Xbox division so here's hoping they destroy Soyny with Bethesda et al.

No one needs to "Destroy" anyone. All three are doing well and providing great experiences in their own way. (I realize that thought process is not SW expected material but it is what it is.)

Sorry but no. Xbox needs to destroy SoyStation with its l***** ideas and cen******! Myaahh.

Avatar image for pmanden
pmanden

1243

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#35 pmanden
Member since 2016 • 1243 Posts

@rzxv04: You might be elated to know that Microsoft's market cap is way more than 1 trillion. It is 1.53 trillion in fact.

Avatar image for rzxv04
rzxv04

2313

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#36 rzxv04
Member since 2018 • 2313 Posts

@pmanden said:

@rzxv04: You might be elated to know that Microsoft's market cap is way more than 1 trillion. It is 1.53 trillion in fact.

Yay. Praise Steve, Nad, Phil!

Avatar image for HalcyonScarlet
HalcyonScarlet

9273

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#37 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 9273 Posts

Not that interested, as I don't own shares in Sony or MS. But it's good to see them making these consoles profitable. Traditionally it's been Nintendo making a lot of money with their consoles.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

29370

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#38 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 29370 Posts

Good job Sony.

Avatar image for pc_rocks
PC_Rocks

5038

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#39  Edited By PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 5038 Posts

@gifford38 said:
@pc_rocks said:

And yet they have a next-gen console coming up which is doing dynamic 4K/1440p and have SmartShift. ROFLMAO!

you do know the series x is the same thing right. either 4k/30 or 1440p/60 for most games. unless cross plat form. but if series x wants raytracing it will run at 4k/30

there is not one series x game that has a higher resolution over the ps5 versions.

show me one third party game that is 4k/60 on the series x and the ps5 version 1440p/60.

See Pedro, all good things come to those who wait.

Why would I compare it to XSX? The topic is about Sony and how much money they have made. If it was about MS or Xbox I would have.

I'm comparing it to PC and laughing at all the cows who claim such ridiculous things in the past and it's fair game because Sony has put 8K with 4K/120 on the box.

Anyway, good thing is consoles are dying. This gen will be the last.

Avatar image for gifford38
Gifford38

3350

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#40 Gifford38
Member since 2020 • 3350 Posts

@pc_rocks said:
@gifford38 said:
@pc_rocks said:

And yet they have a next-gen console coming up which is doing dynamic 4K/1440p and have SmartShift. ROFLMAO!

you do know the series x is the same thing right. either 4k/30 or 1440p/60 for most games. unless cross plat form. but if series x wants raytracing it will run at 4k/30

there is not one series x game that has a higher resolution over the ps5 versions.

show me one third party game that is 4k/60 on the series x and the ps5 version 1440p/60.

See Pedro, all good things come to those who wait.

Why would I compare it to XSX? The topic is about Sony and how much money they have made. If it was about MS or Xbox I would have.

I'm comparing it to PC and laughing at all the cows who claim such ridiculous things in the past and it's fair game because Sony has put 8K with 4K/120 on the box.

Anyway, good thing is consoles are dying. This gen will be the last.

this gen will be the last? how so? when we go 8k or even have 4k still we need a console. there is no game that can stream 4k. so how are we going to stay in 4k if there no console? are the systems going to be in tv's? games are only 1080p when streaming. we going to go backwards next next gen?

Besides they said this with the ps3 being the last console and here we are ps5.

so how about the 120 million ps4 owners and 80 million xbox owners going to pc next gen? don't you think they be pc gamer already? console gamers like to keep it simple. open box plug it in and play. no pc overhead.

Avatar image for pc_rocks
PC_Rocks

5038

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#41 PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 5038 Posts

@gifford38 said:
@pc_rocks said:

See Pedro, all good things come to those who wait.

Why would I compare it to XSX? The topic is about Sony and how much money they have made. If it was about MS or Xbox I would have.

I'm comparing it to PC and laughing at all the cows who claim such ridiculous things in the past and it's fair game because Sony has put 8K with 4K/120 on the box.

Anyway, good thing is consoles are dying. This gen will be the last.

this gen will be the last? how so? when we go 8k or even have 4k still we need a console. there is no game that can stream 4k. so how are we going to stay in 4k if there no console? are the systems going to be in tv's? games are only 1080p when streaming. we going to go backwards next next gen?

Besides they said this with the ps3 being the last console and here we are ps5.

so how about the 120 million ps4 owners and 80 million xbox owners going to pc next gen? don't you think they be pc gamer already? console gamers like to keep it simple. open box plug it in and play. no pc overhead.

Need proof for that! as for the rest of DC, your corporate overlord's CEO thinks so that consoles are dying.

Avatar image for gifford38
Gifford38

3350

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#42 Gifford38
Member since 2020 • 3350 Posts

@pc_rocks said:
@gifford38 said:
@pc_rocks said:

See Pedro, all good things come to those who wait.

Why would I compare it to XSX? The topic is about Sony and how much money they have made. If it was about MS or Xbox I would have.

I'm comparing it to PC and laughing at all the cows who claim such ridiculous things in the past and it's fair game because Sony has put 8K with 4K/120 on the box.

Anyway, good thing is consoles are dying. This gen will be the last.

this gen will be the last? how so? when we go 8k or even have 4k still we need a console. there is no game that can stream 4k. so how are we going to stay in 4k if there no console? are the systems going to be in tv's? games are only 1080p when streaming. we going to go backwards next next gen?

Besides they said this with the ps3 being the last console and here we are ps5.

so how about the 120 million ps4 owners and 80 million xbox owners going to pc next gen? don't you think they be pc gamer already? console gamers like to keep it simple. open box plug it in and play. no pc overhead.

Need proof for that! as for the rest of DC, your corporate overlord's CEO thinks so that consoles are dying.

yet console sales are the highest its ever been. software sales as well. proof of what? streaming is at 1080p so unless every gamer buys a pc we will be playing 1080p streaming these services. internet is not fast enough to stream these games in 4k.

120 million consoles sold = dying? you think your going to be playing in 4k with xbox new usb stick for the tv?

you think the person who spends a 1000 on there 4k tv wants to play in 1080p.

why do you think everyone complains about ps now not being able to download ps3 or ps2 games to get it above 1080p. unless they can find away to stream in 4k consoles are not going any were.

Avatar image for pc_rocks
PC_Rocks

5038

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#43 PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 5038 Posts

@gifford38 said:
@pc_rocks said:
@gifford38 said:
@pc_rocks said:

See Pedro, all good things come to those who wait.

Why would I compare it to XSX? The topic is about Sony and how much money they have made. If it was about MS or Xbox I would have.

I'm comparing it to PC and laughing at all the cows who claim such ridiculous things in the past and it's fair game because Sony has put 8K with 4K/120 on the box.

Anyway, good thing is consoles are dying. This gen will be the last.

this gen will be the last? how so? when we go 8k or even have 4k still we need a console. there is no game that can stream 4k. so how are we going to stay in 4k if there no console? are the systems going to be in tv's? games are only 1080p when streaming. we going to go backwards next next gen?

Besides they said this with the ps3 being the last console and here we are ps5.

so how about the 120 million ps4 owners and 80 million xbox owners going to pc next gen? don't you think they be pc gamer already? console gamers like to keep it simple. open box plug it in and play. no pc overhead.

Need proof for that! as for the rest of DC, your corporate overlord's CEO thinks so that consoles are dying.

yet console sales are the highest its ever been. software sales as well. proof of what? streaming is at 1080p so unless every gamer buys a pc we will be playing 1080p streaming these services. internet is not fast enough to stream these games in 4k.

120 million consoles sold = dying? you think your going to be playing in 4k with xbox new usb stick for the tv?

you think the person who spends a 1000 on there 4k tv wants to play in 1080p.

why do you think everyone complains about ps now not being able to download ps3 or ps2 games to get it above 1080p. unless they can find away to stream in 4k consoles are not going any were.

False again.

Avatar image for tormentos
tormentos

33699

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#44 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33699 Posts

@pc_rocks said:

See Pedro, all good things come to those who wait.

Why would I compare it to XSX? The topic is about Sony and how much money they have made. If it was about MS or Xbox I would have.

I'm comparing it to PC and laughing at all the cows who claim such ridiculous things in the past and it's fair game because Sony has put 8K with 4K/120 on the box.

Anyway, good thing is consoles are dying. This gen will be the last.

If 90+ % of steam that is on 1440p or lower hasn't die we will not either.😂

Is better to pay $500 to be at 1440p that pay $1400 for just a GPU to see it slam into 1080p and using upscaling techniques that is the very definition of a peasant.🤣

Now wipe those tears and stop derailing the thread.

🤣

Avatar image for Pedro
Pedro

46553

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 68

User Lists: 0

#45 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 46553 Posts

@pc_rocks: You landed two or should I say one of them. 😎

Avatar image for shellcase86
shellcase86

5293

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#46 shellcase86
Member since 2012 • 5293 Posts

Wow, that's some serious bank. I wonder how do executives and organizations within Sony view the Playstation team and what they do. Like how do their insurance, TV, movie, hardware, and music entities view Playstation?

Avatar image for pc_rocks
PC_Rocks

5038

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#47 PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 5038 Posts

@tormentos said:
@pc_rocks said:

See Pedro, all good things come to those who wait.

Why would I compare it to XSX? The topic is about Sony and how much money they have made. If it was about MS or Xbox I would have.

I'm comparing it to PC and laughing at all the cows who claim such ridiculous things in the past and it's fair game because Sony has put 8K with 4K/120 on the box.

Anyway, good thing is consoles are dying. This gen will be the last.

If 90+ % of steam that is on 1440p or lower hasn't die we will not either.😂

Is better to pay $500 to be at 1440p that pay $1400 for just a GPU to see it slam into 1080p and using upscaling techniques that is the very definition of a peasant.🤣

Now wipe those tears and stop derailing the thread.

🤣

We all know that's not true and you die inside every time the weaker PS5 specs are brought up. ROFLMAO!