PS4 Does TV After All - Sky Go & Now TV coming.

• 152 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

Everyone thinking only XB1 will be getting TV programs & apps, should think again. It's been announced in the UK that the PS4 will be getting 2 TV apps on the system later this year. What!?!? I thought Sony was only focusing on games. lol!!

**************************************************************************************************

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/uk-ps4-owners-will-get-sky-go-and-now-tv-apps-from-this-summer/1100-6419343/

UK broadcaster Sky has announced it will be bringing Now TV and Sky Go apps to the PlayStation 4.

Now TV will be available from summer, thanks to a new agreement between Sky and Sony Computer Entertainment UK. Now TV is a contract-free streaming service that allows pay-as-you-go access to Sky Movies, Sky Sports, and some of the shows on Sky One and Sky Atlantic. Now TV has been available on PS3 since last year.

Sky Go, on the other hand, allows active Sky subscribers a chance to watch additional content on demand. The app, formerly known as Sky Player, will be a first for a Sony platform. It was released for Xbox 360, but has never been announced on Xbox One.

Sony Computer Entertainment UK boss Fergal Gara was, as you might expect, delighted. "Now TV has been a great addition to the PlayStation 3 entertainment portfolio," he said in a statement, "so bringing it to the new PS4 is going to delight all users of the newest, most powerful member of the PlayStation family."

"Sky Go joining both PlayStation platforms further enhances our credentials as the ultimate gaming and entertainment package," Gara, who never misses an opportunity, added.

************************************************************************************************

It's pretty obvious that the PS4 will follow in the PS3 steps and continue to get TV, Movie and Cable programming just like the XBox 360 and XB1. Sony isn't focused on just games obviously. They are focused on content and making a sizable profit from the PS4 to help pay off their billions in debt.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/sony-to-post-a-greater-financial-loss-than-expected-but-it-s-not-the-fault-of-the-ps4/1100-6419346/

Both the XBox One & PS4 will have lots of games in the end, but they both will also be getting TV programs, Movies, Cable shows, Music, Anime, Sports, Social Apps and a lot more this generation. Sony & Microsoft are focusing on more then just games.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

I predict this will be heralded as a great feature by sony fanboys

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#3 misterpmedia
Member since 2013 • 6209 Posts

Selling my PS4, don't want this TV stuff. Giving up gaming.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

lol TV on PS4

DaBrainz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 DaBrainz
Member since 2007 • 7959 Posts

I have yet to find these features useful on my WiiU or X1.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#6 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58938 Posts

Skygo is excellent. Sadly, pc has been using this for years and comes obligatory with a sky subscription.
The care level is very low.

Avatar image for chikenfriedrice
chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 chikenfriedrice
Member since 2006 • 13561 Posts

Cows will think this is cool now

Avatar image for ghostwarrior786
ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 ghostwarrior786
Member since 2005 • 5811 Posts

The funny thing is sky go isnt planned for x1, for those who dont know skygo is for watching live tv. M$ must have pissed sky off with their hdmi overlay, if m$ thinks tv distributors are going to bend over for them they are in for rude awakening

OhSnapitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 OhSnapitz
Member since 2002 • 19282 Posts

..so lemme guess.. Cows will champion T.V. as a "great" thing now.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#10 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38035 Posts

@misterpmedia said:

LOL, I read that with an awesome dry tone. Hilarious dude.

lbjkurono23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By lbjkurono23
Member since 2007 • 12544 Posts

trying to validate xbox one being a tv focused machine.

shawn30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 shawn30
Member since 2006 • 4409 Posts

@misterpmedia said:

Lol, I see what you did there :)

killzowned24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By killzowned24
Member since 2007 • 7345 Posts

Lems sure are a slow group. Nobody said TV was bad,just dont dedicate more to it than games like xbone has. It's almost as if lems think playtv never existed when has been out for PS3 for 6 years.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#14  Edited By cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38035 Posts

@chikenfriedrice said:

Cows will think this is cool now

It wouldn't be good ole SW if they didn't spin it somehow. If the TV/multimedia is so bad, why is Sony jumping in?

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By misterpmedia

@cainetao11 said:

@misterpmedia said:

LOL, I read that with an awesome dry tone. Hilarious dude.

@shawn30 said:

@misterpmedia said:

Lol, I see what you did there :)

lbjkurono23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 lbjkurono23

@killzowned24 said:

Lems sure are a slow group. Nobody said TV was bad,just dont dedicate more to it than games like xbone has. It's almost as if lems think playtv never existed when has been out for PS3 for 6 years.

They could've made a beast of a game instead of using the money on those 12 nausea inducing shows. Though, don't expect them to wise up, these are the same guys that still think the x1 has some secret gpu.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By blackace

@uninspiredcup said:

Skygo is excellent. Sadly, pc has been using this for years and comes obligatory with a sky subscription.

Care level is always low when it's on PS3 or PS4, but as soon as it's on XB1 or XBox 360 it's the worse thing to ever happen to a game consoles and Microsoft isn't no longer focusing on games. lol!! Both companies are focus on games and other casual content to bring new customers to their systems. Sure, I can access most of the apps and stuff on my PC, laptop or tablet as well, but it's sometimes nice to having several apps you enjoy connected to your HDTV and only one or two clicks away. My daughter bounces from YouTube to Amazon to Netflix on my PS3 consistantly every day and she's only 4 years old. The days of game consoles only doing one thing (play games) ended with the Gamecube, XBox & PS2.

@lbjkurono23 said:

Neither system is 100% TV focused. That's the point. It's just extra content and options to increase the value of the platform.

NFJSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By NFJSupreme
Member since 2005 • 6605 Posts

Just as I said last year when I saw TV TV TV. Sony will follow Microsofts lead

Avatar image for princessgomez92
PrincessGomez92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 201

#19 PrincessGomez92
Member since 2013 • 5747 Posts

But the PS4 is for gamers, by gamers.

TheTruthIsREAL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 TheTruthIsREAL
Member since 2013 • 813 Posts

The difference between the 2 is that TV TV TV was a selling point of the Xbox One.

lbjkurono23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 lbjkurono23

@blackace said:

@uninspiredcup said:

Care level is always low when it's on PS3 or PS4, but as soon as it's on XB1 or XBox 360 it's the worse thing to ever happen to a game consoles and Microsoft isn't no longer focusing on games.lol!! Both companies are focus on games and other casual content to bring new customers to their systems. Sure, I can access most of the apps and stuff on my PC, laptop or tablet as well, but it's sometimes nice to having several apps you enjoy connected to your HDTV and only one or two clicks away. My daughter bounces from YouTube to Amazon to Netflix on my PS3 consistantly every day and she's only 4 years old. The days of game consoles only doing one thing (play games) ended with the Gamecube, XBox & PS2.

Keep fighting the good war against those cow scum.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 blackace

@lbjkurono23 said:

@killzowned24 said:

They could've made a beast of a game instead of using the money on those 12 nausea inducing shows. Though, don't expect them to wise up, these are the same guys that still think the x1 has some secret gpu.

Sony could have used the money from the sale of their HQ buildings to keep some of their employees at their 1st party studios as well. No one has even seen the shows yet, so how do you know if they are good or not? I guess you don't. Please stop talking out of your ass. Also, there is no secret GPU. Microsoft already squashed that rumor awhile ago.

lbjkurono23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By lbjkurono23

@blackace said:

@lbjkurono23 said:

@killzowned24 said:

Sony could have used the money from the sale of their HQ buildings to keep some of their employees at their 1st party studios as well. No one has even seen the shows yet, so how do you know if they are good or not? I guess you don't. Please stop talking out of your ass. Also, there is no secret GPU. Microsoft already squashed that rumor awhile ago.

Did you not read what the shows were about? They sound horrible, though I bet it's hard to tell through your tainted goggles. I don't know what sony did with that money(pay debts, makes games, or burn it on cocaine), as long as they keep focusing on making games, and not doing tv shows I'm good. Who the hells pays for a gaming machine so he can watch exclusive tv shows? Don't answer that, I already know the answer.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318
deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318
Member since 2008 • 4166 Posts

@blackace: No one said the PS4 doesn't to media and TV stuff, just that it isn't the focus. Most of the major TV players have been on the PS3 for years, it was inevitable that Sky's player would make the jump.

It's a shame you lack the logic to see the difference between having TV features and building a console around them.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@blackace said:

Everyone thinking only XB1 will be getting TV programs & apps, should think again. It's been announced in the UK that the PS4 will be getting 2 TV apps on the system later this year. What!?!? I thought Sony was only focusing on games. lol!!

**************************************************************************************************

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/uk-ps4-owners-will-get-sky-go-and-now-tv-apps-from-this-summer/1100-6419343/

UK broadcaster Sky has announced it will be bringing Now TV and Sky Go apps to the PlayStation 4.

Now TV will be available from summer, thanks to a new agreement between Sky and Sony Computer Entertainment UK. Now TV is a contract-free streaming service that allows pay-as-you-go access to Sky Movies, Sky Sports, and some of the shows on Sky One and Sky Atlantic. Now TV has been available on PS3 since last year.

Sky Go, on the other hand, allows active Sky subscribers a chance to watch additional content on demand. The app, formerly known as Sky Player, will be a first for a Sony platform. It was released for Xbox 360, but has never been announced on Xbox One.

Sony Computer Entertainment UK boss Fergal Gara was, as you might expect, delighted. "Now TV has been a great addition to the PlayStation 3 entertainment portfolio," he said in a statement, "so bringing it to the new PS4 is going to delight all users of the newest, most powerful member of the PlayStation family."

"Sky Go joining both PlayStation platforms further enhances our credentials as the ultimate gaming and entertainment package," Gara, who never misses an opportunity, added.

************************************************************************************************

It's pretty obvious that the PS4 will follow in the PS3 steps and continue to get TV, Movie and Cable programming just like the XBox 360 and XB1. Sony isn't focused on just games obviously. They are focused on content and making a sizable profit from the PS4 to help pay off their billions in debt.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/sony-to-post-a-greater-financial-loss-than-expected-but-it-s-not-the-fault-of-the-ps4/1100-6419346/

Both the XBox One & PS4 will have lots of games in the end, but they both will also be getting TV programs, Movies, Cable shows, Music, Anime, Sports, Social Apps and a lot more this generation. Sony & Microsoft are focusing on more then just games.

This is by far the worse spin on something that is actually good that i have ever seen.

How is this different from netflix on PS3 or sony own movies and show store on PS3.?

The PS4 always was say to do more things that just playing games,it was MS TV TV TV crap which was all wrong,in fact nothing the PS3 or 360 hasn't been doing for years,and the xbox 360 was suppose to be all about games when it launched..

Mr-Kutaragi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Mr-Kutaragi
Member since 2013 • 2466 Posts

Circle jerking from sony hate class in thread. This only prove point that sony is focus on gamer, as this is 6 month after console launch and not taking up E3 presentation with tv tv tv. Selfown.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By blackace

@princessgomez92 said:

LMAO!! Most like "For gamers by lying greedy corporations."

@TheTruthIsREAL said:

The difference between the 2 is that TV TV TV was a selling point of the Xbox One.

People thought that because that was the first thing they showed. They should have showed the games first. They wanted to make the Kinect relevant right off the bat. It was more about the Kinect then TV/Cable. Sony did it the other way. They showed games first and then showed TV/Cable. lol!! Now they are showing even more TV, Cable, movies and programming. Neither is 100% focused on TV, Cable, Sports, etc... Both companies don't want to show games until the E3 at this point. That's why we are seeing a lot of non-gaming news.

shawn30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 shawn30
Member since 2006 • 4409 Posts

@ghostwarrior786 said:

The funny thing is sky go isnt planned for x1, for those who dont know skygo is for watching live tv. M$ must have pissed sky off with their hdmi overlay, if m$ thinks tv distributors are going to bend over for them they are in for rude awakening

http://www.digitalspy.com/gaming/news/a568050/now-tv-and-sky-go-hitting-ps4-in-2014-xbox-one-launch-also-confirmed.html#~oD26nz7XdovOZt

Sky Now will launch on Xbox One this summer, and MS is considering adding Sky Go. Its all good though, more options for everyone.

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 tdkmillsy
Member since 2003 • 5882 Posts

@tormentos said:

@blackace said:

This is by far the worse spin on something that is actually good that i have ever seen.

How is this different from netflix on PS3 or sony own movies and show store on PS3.?

The PS4 always was say to do more things that just playing games,it was MS TV TV TV crap which was all wrong,in fact nothing the PS3 or 360 hasn't been doing for years,and the xbox 360 was suppose to be all about games when it launched..

You have basically said

TV on PS4 is great

and

TV on Xbox One is bad

How is Xbox exclusive TV shows from a team that doesn't build games any difference from Sony own movies and shows. Let me guess cos its on PS4 it must be great.

Go figure

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 blackace

@lbjkurono23 said:

@blackace said:

@lbjkurono23 said:

@killzowned24 said:

Did you not read what the shows were about? They sound horrible, though I bet it's hard to tell through your tainted goggles. I don't know what sony did with that money(pay debts, makes games, or burn it on cocaine), as long as they keep focusing on making games, and not doing tv shows I'm good. Who the hells pays for a gaming machine so he can watch exclusive tv shows? Don't answer that, I already know the answer.

Well you paid for a system that will have TV shows on it. lol!! So you answered your own question. They sound horrible to you, but opinions vary. Both companies are focused on making games, that's pretty obvious, but it doesn't mean they won't add TV, Sport, Music, Movies, etc to their platform. People continue to forget that Sony main focus for the PS3 was Blu-Ray sales and movies at launch. They weren't focusing on games. They were focusing on winning over HD-DVD with the PS3. Most people were buying the PS3 because of the Blu-Ray media and not the games.

kinectthedots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By kinectthedots
Member since 2013 • 3383 Posts

@lbjkurono23 said:

lol, you read it like that too.

For Sony these TV options are just distractions in between games for PS4 owners

for MS TV is being hyped as a selling point for xbone, while games play the sideline as a distraction for their movies focused platform.

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By misterpmedia

@lbjkurono23 said:

@blackace said:

@uninspiredcup said:

Care level is always low when it's on PS3 or PS4, but as soon as it's on XB1 or XBox 360 it's the worse thing to ever happen to a game consoles and Microsoft isn't no longer focusing on games.lol!! Both companies are focus on games and other casual content to bring new customers to their systems. Sure, I can access most of the apps and stuff on my PC, laptop or tablet as well, but it's sometimes nice to having several apps you enjoy connected to your HDTV and only one or two clicks away. My daughter bounces from YouTube to Amazon to Netflix on my PS3 consistantly every day and she's only 4 years old. The days of game consoles only doing one thing (play games) ended with the Gamecube, XBox & PS2.

Keep fighting the good war against those cow scum.

lol I was gonna say, that post he replied to said nothing about Xbox.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 blackace

@kinectthedots said:

@lbjkurono23 said:

for MS TV is being hyped as a selling point for xbone, while games play the sideline as a distraction for their movies focused platform.

It's being hype as a selling point on the PS4 as well. You're just too ignorant to believe it. Anything put on the PS4 or XB1 is a selling point for the sytem dummy. Not necessarily a selling point for a gamer, but for casual consumers who want more then just playing games on the platform. Microsoft is focusing on games, which is why that is all that will be shown at the E3. Their exclusive and new IP's will be their selling point. Games are definitely not on the sideline. Microsoft is investing like a billion for XB1 games and new developer studios. So you're completely wrong there.

*********************************************************************************************

@Mr-Kutaragi said:

Circle jerking from sony hate class in thread. This only prove point that sony is focus on gamer, as this is 6 month after console launch and not taking up E3 presentation with tv tv tv. Selfown.

Right.. pushing TV apps on their system means their focusing on gamers. LMAO!! Sony did take up time at the E3 to talk about TV & Movies on PS4 at last years E3. You must have fallen asleep during that presentation. Yes, you just selfowned yourself as usually. Clueless troll.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By tormentos

@blackace said:

@princessgomez92 said:

LMAO!! Most like "For gamers by lying greedy corporations."

@TheTruthIsREAL said:

People thought that because that was the first thing they showed. They should have showed the games first. They wanted to make the Kinect relevant right off the bat. It was more about the Kinect then TV/Cable. Sony did it the other way. They showed games first and then showed TV/Cable. lol!! Now they are showing even more TV, Cable, movies and programming. Neither is 100% focused on TV, Cable, Sports, etc... Both companies don't want to show games until the E3 at this point. That's why we are seeing a lot of non-gaming news.

Does the PS4 has HDMI and let you use the console as a redundant cable box.?

This was MS vision and is on every xbox one console,while having additional apps that may appeal to other sectors is a completely different thing,again nothing the PS3 hasn't done before or the 360 it self,it was how MS sold the unit to the public the real problem..

Sony doesn't have cable is a streaming service,all are and in no way the same as having an HDMI in on the back of your unit,and gimp your own console GPu on purpose for it...

@tdkmillsy said:

You have basically said

TV on PS4 is great

and

TV on Xbox One is bad

How is Xbox exclusive TV shows from a team that doesn't build games any difference from Sony own movies and shows. Let me guess cos its on PS4 it must be great.

Go figure

Is that is what you got from my post.?

Let see point to me how this is different from Netflix on PS3 or sony own market for movies,after you do that please quote sony saying that the PS4 will only play games and not have a single streaming video api on its console..

You most have confuse me with some one else i didn't say the xbox one exclusive shows were bad,more power to them but what i did criticize was MS TV TV TV remote crap,selling the xbox as a cable box redundant box was a joke,and it was so TV oriented is wasn't even funny,hell i argue about this Stormy Joe and i told him the PS4 has multi media features because he insisted in saying the PS4 wasn't multi media oriented.

Having some streaming apps is not the same MS try to do with the xbox one,that HDMI port on the back prove it,so does the weak spec kinect included voice command to control your TV crap.

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#36 Animal-Mother
Member since 2003 • 27362 Posts

Meh TV that will be everywhere. Big whoop.
If anyone thinks this adds any value whatsoever you're a silly goose.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 tormentos

@blackace said:

Well you paid for a system that will have TV shows on it. lol!! So you answered your own question. They sound horrible to you, but opinions vary. Both companies are focused on making games, that's pretty obvious, but it doesn't mean they won't add TV, Sport, Music, Movies, etc to their platform. People continue to forget that Sony main focus for the PS3 was Blu-Ray sales and movies at launch. They weren't focusing on games. They were focusing on winning over HD-DVD with the PS3. Most people were buying the PS3 because of the Blu-Ray media and not the games.

No sony main focus was to push the superior format,no xbox 360 game has uncompressed textures on disc or 7.1 uncompressed sound,the PS3 since launch..

In fact on 2006 there were very very veryyyyyyyyy few movies to buy on Blu-ray not more than 40 i would say...

In fact sony didn't do a separate conference just to talk about Blu-ray,you can watch 2005 and 2006 E3 complete you will not find sony devoting half an hour to Blu-ray,MS did that it was all a bout TV experience..

Hell resistance is higher score in Meta than any xbox one exclusive,and Resistance ran on dedicated servers when MS was charging you $50 dollars for P2P and Gears could not even work on 2006 with heavy lag and host advantage issues,so don't tell me sony vision was about Blu-ray and movies,like any console on launch few games are expected the 360 was no different.

dan_mimmsie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 dan_mimmsie
Member since 2014 • 86 Posts

This is complete bullshit ive already posted an artical about this and the thread got locked cos I need to have 500 posts proper out of order and stupid

Scipio8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Scipio8
Member since 2013 • 937 Posts

TV TV TV LOL

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Animal-Mother

@dan_mimmsie said:

This is complete bullshit ive already posted an artical about this and the thread got locked cos I need to have 500 posts proper out of order and stupid

No it's the rules

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#41 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44557 Posts

durrr, PS4 not gaming console, duuurrrrrr

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60712 Posts

Well of course. With SONY at the helm this should be heralded as a great feature. Lets hope it doesn't go upwards of 50% TV to games mix though.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By blackace

Didn't read most of Tormentos garbage. Completely off topic. More "blah..blah .blah I hate Xbox. blah blah blah."

Yes, Sony market the PS3 as a Blu-Ray first and foremost. They didn't start marketing as a gaming console until after they won over HD-DVD. This is a fact. There were commericial marketing PS3 as a Blu-Ray player. Let me prove you wrong real quick.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VrpfxvQKp_M

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IrzNLTz-ZKQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QENvRCWYUNo

You see any GAMES in those commercials? lmao!! There were lots of these commercials before the PS3 launched and many more after it launched.

Please stop owning yourself. Their vision was all about Blu-Ray and Sony Blu-Ray movies for the PS3. That's how they initially marketed it.

handssss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By handssss
Member since 2013 • 1907 Posts

Just so long as Sony doesn't create an entire conference to just talk about TV and Sports.

Oh well. at least this is actually something coming to the system instead of merely plugging the cable box into it for some crappy overlay at the expense of even more electricity.

inb4uall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 inb4uall
Member since 2012 • 6564 Posts

@Heil68 said:

Well of course. With SONY at the helm this should be heralded as a great feature. Lets hope it doesn't go upwards of 50% TV to games mix though.

Why would they. This feature is obviously an afterthought. The PS4 was built with gaming first in mind by gamers for gamers. Microsoft decided to put TV and kinect(lol) first and as a result Sony is dominating the Xbone.

#ThankyoubasedKaz

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Animal-Mother

@blackace said:

Didn't read most of Tormentos garbage. Completely off topic. More "blah..blah .blah I hate Xbox. blah blah blah."

Yes, Sony market the PS3 as a Blu-Ray first and foremost. They didn't start marketing as a gaming console until after they won over HD-DVD. This is a fact. There were commericial marketing PS3 as a Blu-Ray player. Let me prove you wrong real quick.

You see any GAMES in those commercials? lmao!! There were lots of these commercials before the PS3 launched and many more after it launched.

Please stop owning yourself. Their vision was all about Blu-Ray and Sony Blu-Ray movies for the PS3. That's how they initially marketed it.

That's cute you can cherry pick commercials that are for a specific product.

inb4uall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By inb4uall
Member since 2012 • 6564 Posts

@blackace said:

you're right, Except I didn't need Xbox live to use my Ps3's blu ray player! LOL!!!

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

Is anyone surprised by Sonys copy? Surely it will be a second rate clone like every thing else it copies.

kinectthedots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By kinectthedots
Member since 2013 • 3383 Posts

@blackace said:

@kinectthedots said:

@lbjkurono23 said:

It's being hype as a selling point on the PS4 as well. You're just too ignorant to believe it. Anything put on the PS4 or XB1 is a selling point for the sytem dummy. Not necessarily a selling point for a gamer, but for casual consumers who want more then just playing games on the platform. Microsoft is focusing on games, which is why that is all that will be shown at the E3. Their exclusive and new IP's will be their selling point. Games are definitely not on the sideline. Microsoft is investing like a billion for XB1 games and new developer studios. So you're completely wrong there.

*********************************************************************************************

@Mr-Kutaragi said:

Right.. pushing TV apps on their system means their focusing on gamers. LMAO!! Sony did take up time at the E3 to talk about TV & Movies on PS4 at last years E3. You must have fallen asleep during that presentation. Yes, you just selfowned yourself as usually. Clueless troll.

lol, calm the hell down moron.

I see it clearly as what it is, it's a added option that puts it on par with features another competitor is offering. The difference is Sony is not headlining this stuff like MS is they, however, do want it to be known that it will be available. Sony is not positioning TV as a "selling point" that is just your angry backlash because my observation put things into perspective.

Did you even read? A similar service was already on PS3 you idiot and Sony is just bringing it to the PS4. Sony hasn't even made an official headline or announcement about it like MS did with their TV shows bonanza for xbox one?

""Now TV has been a great addition to the PlayStation 3 entertainment portfolio," he said in a statement, "so bringing it to the new PS4 is going to delight all users of the newest, most powerful member of the PlayStation family."

"...Now TV has been a great addition ot the Playstation 3...so bringing it to the new PS4"

Go damage control somewhere else fool, you aren't going to win any wars trying to fling your poo my way.

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Animal-Mother

@FoxbatAlpha said:

Is anyone surprised by Sonys copy? Surely it will be a second rate clone like every thing else it copies.

New flash. Sony came out with the tester in 2010. Looooooooooooong before any 360 TV show ohh wait.