PS4 8gb GDDR5, a huge waste of fast memory?

• 150 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Tighaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Tighaman
Member since 2006 • 1038 Posts

@stereointegrity: homie you have no idea what yall be talking about everything yall say or do is copied off of gaf where gaf copied off someone else and so on and so on all misinformation. I know what I read and I see where the gaming is moving and APUs is not moving to gdrr5 for the cpu. I use common sense and logical reasoning something that's hard to grasp on this forum. Please people start reading outside of these forums because its really dumbing yall down.

Avatar image for stereointegrity
stereointegrity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By stereointegrity
Member since 2007 • 12151 Posts

@Tighaman said:

@stereointegrity: homie you have no idea what yall be talking about everything yall say or do is copied off of gaf where gaf copied off someone else and so on and so on all misinformation. I know what I read and I see where the gaming is moving and APUs is not moving to gdrr5 for the cpu. I use common sense and logical reasoning something that's hard to grasp on this forum. Please people start reading outside of these forums because its really dumbing yall down.

then ur common sense would tell u the apu's for next year arent built for gaming like the ones in next gen consoles.

u keep using the term balance when it has already been proven that the latency isnt an issue in the ps4's APU

http://www.redgamingtech.com/ps4-vs-xbox-one-gddr5-vs-ddr3-latency/ now use ur common sense against that article. the fact is ddr3 DOES NOT HAVE THE BANDWIDTH for Vram the same way Gddr5 does. if it did MS wouldnt have added the EsRam....it can be used as vram as cards in the past have used it but why on earth would u think that killzone has used most of its ram that makes no sense?

Shielder7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#53 Shielder7
Member since 2006 • 5191 Posts

@leandrro: it only becomes a waste if the GPU/CPU gets bottle-necked long before the RAM. This is not the case you would need about 12 gigs before that would happen.

Avatar image for megaspiderweb09
megaspiderweb09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#54 megaspiderweb09
Member since 2009 • 3686 Posts

Listen to all these PC guys sound like insecure teenagers who need to justify their expensive systems by crapping on consoles. Keep at it, does not change the fact your expensive hardware is not the common denominator

Pray_to_me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Pray_to_me
Member since 2011 • 4041 Posts

Looks like the Lemmits are jelly that KZ:SF is graphics king:

Meanwhile Lemrits still need duel titans just to play last gen Crysis 3 with a stable framerate LMFAO!

cfisher2833

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 cfisher2833
Member since 2011 • 2150 Posts

I think Sony's general line of thinking was that the large amounts of VRAM would help prolong the consoles lifespan; from what I've heard, the more memory, the longer they're able to keep a system around as GPU bound effects can always be toned down.

Is 8Gb of VRAM (or really, 5Gb given that the system uses some of it) remotely necessary for games? Absolutely not. Games with some of the highest res textures you'll find barely ever use anmore than 1.5Gb. Most PC gamers know the only reason to get more than 2-3Gb of VRAM on your GPU is if you're playing at resolutions higher than 1080p or if you're running multiple monitors.

Pray_to_me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Pray_to_me
Member since 2011 • 4041 Posts

@cfisher2833 said:

Games with some of the highest res textures you'll find barely ever use anmore than 1.5Gb.

What games? Crysis 3? Skyrim? What last gen game are you using as a benchmark?

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#58 lamprey263  Online
Member since 2006 • 44557 Posts

it worked to make people go gaga over the system, and I heard it helps keep the system cool which I imagine is important with an internal power supply

remiks00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#59  Edited By remiks00
Member since 2006 • 4249 Posts

@tormentos said:

@MK-Professor said:

(click on the photo for full rez)

These are called OLT (inside the red circle) and help boost CPU performance up to 70% by increasing the efficiency of multithreading, nonetheless PS4 and XboxOne have the same CPU (as seen in photo above) but OLT units are missing from the PS4 cpu.

Weak PS4 CPU confirmed!

8 Aces 64 commands,volatile bit...

Heavily modify for compute the PS4 GPU is,and can run both at the same time without compute hurting graphics,which ease workloads on the CPU,that with true HSA design and hUMA.

@tormentos What's HSA or hUMA? What does it do? Is it confirmed that PS4 has it?

remiks00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#60 remiks00
Member since 2006 • 4249 Posts

@stereointegrity said:

@Tighaman said:

then ur common sense would tell u the apu's for next year arent built for gaming like the ones in next gen consoles.

u keep using the term balance when it has already been proven that the latency isnt an issue in the ps4's APU

http://www.redgamingtech.com/ps4-vs-xbox-one-gddr5-vs-ddr3-latency/ now use ur common sense against that article. the fact is ddr3 DOES NOT HAVE THE BANDWIDTH for Vram the same way Gddr5 does. if it did MS wouldnt have added the EsRam....it can be used as vram as cards in the past have used it but why on earth would u think that killzone has used most of its ram that makes no sense?

QFT

zeeshanhaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 zeeshanhaider
Member since 2004 • 5524 Posts

@AM-Gamer said:

I stopped reading as soon as you said high settings of bf4 on on PC were better then PS4. PS4 is a mix of high and Ultra.

Hi,

@lostrib said:

@AM-Gamer said:

I stopped reading as soon as you said high settings of bf4 on on PC were better then PS4. PS4 is a mix of high and Ultra.

according to who?

He's AM-Gamer, a clone of g-puking which means he doesn't know jack about graphics and he's still mad that PS4 has a GPU that barely matches the 570 from 2010.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts

@leandrro said:

im not talking about system RAM

having 8gb or so of system RAM is very usefull to record videos and a lot of stuff can be pre loaded to the system RAM

but system RAM bandwidth is around 20gb/s, its on slow ddr3 badwidth range

im talking about the fast GDDR5 expensive RAM that has around 180gb/s

but sadly the PS4 GPU cant handle all this fast RAM

battlefield 4 on PC high settings (better than PS4) 900p only uses 1200mb of fast Vram

need for speed rivals only 1000mb

assassins creed only 900mb

they surely could make those games use more of the RAM and have better textures

but this would impact the GPU performance

bf4 would never run on 60fps

need for speed and ac4 would not reach even the 30fps

or in the other hand they could keep the framerates and add better textures to make use of more of the 8gb fast Vram

but visual quality would have to be cut elsewere

all this happens because the pitcairn GPU in PS4 cant handle more than 1,5 gb of ram

you can check it for yourself on the 7850 graphics card benchmarks comparing 1gb vs 2gb gddr5 ram versions of the card

i think PS4 would never have a performance impact if it had 2gb gddr5 Vram + 6gb ddr3 ram

developers are claiming that kill zone a exclusive game (that cant be compared in any way to a PC game) is using 3gb of Vram

i call it BS and maket strategy from sony

we know the killzone has very nice visuals and that gpu would never be able to handle 3gb vram alongside all those nice visuals tech

AMD didn't update AMD Jaguar CPU's I/O to handle 256bit wide GDDR5-5500 level bandwidth.

Sony didn't pick AMD Kaveri for updated CPU I/O. This issue relates to AMD CPU's lack of PCI-E version 3.0 16 Lane support. AMD Kaveri would be AMD's first PCI-E version 3.0 enabled solution.

Intel CPU's I/O can scale with memory bandwidth.

soulitane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 soulitane
Member since 2010 • 15091 Posts

@tormentos said:
@Kinthalis said:

@xboxiphoneps3 said:

@jhonMalcovich:

The ps4 shits on a low to mid range pc..

Low to mid range PC shits on a Ps4 AND on you.

Find me one for $399 that beat the PS4 then you have a point.

I'm assuming you can find me a PS4 that can do everything that a PC can do, correct?

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 ronvalencia

@tormentos said:

@MK-Professor said:

These are called OLT (inside the red circle) and help boost CPU performance up to 70% by increasing the efficiency of multithreading, nonetheless PS4 and XboxOne have the same CPU (as seen in photo above) but OLT units are missing from the PS4 cpu.

Weak PS4 CPU confirmed!

Heavily modify for compute the PS4 GPU is,and can run both at the same time without compute hurting graphics,which ease workloads on the CPU,that with true HSA design and hUMA.

Xbox One has 2 ACE units with 16 commands and two graphics engines. First-gen GCN is not NVIDIA Fermi.

Avatar image for stereointegrity
stereointegrity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 stereointegrity
Member since 2007 • 12151 Posts

@ronvalencia said:

@tormentos said:

@MK-Professor said:

Weak PS4 CPU confirmed!

Xbox One has 2 ACE units with 16 commands and two graphics engines. First-gen GCN is not NVIDIA Fermi.

the aces cant do compute asynchronously in the xbox one

timtolo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#66 timtolo
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts

@Ghost120x:

B

E

C

A

U

S

E

MK-Professor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#67 MK-Professor
Member since 2009 • 4214 Posts

@tormentos said:

@MK-Professor said:

Weak PS4 CPU confirmed!

That is cool, but the more advanced xbox CPU with the OLT units will make up for that.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@MK-Professor said:

That is cool, but the more advanced xbox CPU with the OLT units will make up for that.

You claim considering that even 1 CU of the PS4 use for compute will be = to the total flop performance of the entire Jaguar CPU on the xbox one i don't think that it will even matter.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts
@soulitane said:

I'm assuming you can find me a PS4 that can do everything that a PC can do, correct?

So i have to match everything a PC does.? Why in hell would i want to do office on my damn PS4.?

Since the argument is gaming and you will not get a discount for telling newegg hey my PC is for gaming not office give me a discount,its totally irrelevant,not to mention that a $399 PC will not do everything the PS4 does either,stating by playing Blu-ray movies,having wifi build in and other stuff to.

Once again irrelevant of what the PC can do it will cost you the same.

The PS4 is basically a PC without windows.

soulitane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 soulitane
Member since 2010 • 15091 Posts

@tormentos said:
@soulitane said:

So i have to match everything a PC does.? Why in hell would i want to do office on my damn PS4.?

Since the argument is gaming and you will not get a discount for telling newegg hey my PC is for gaming not office give me a discount,its totally irrelevant,not to mention that a $399 PC will not do everything the PS4 does either,stating by playing Blu-ray movies,having wifi build in and other stuff to.

Once again irrelevant of what the PC can do it will cost you the same.

The PS4 is basically a PC without windows.

and that is why a direct price comparison is utterly useless. Thank you for proving my point so nicely.

MK-Professor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By MK-Professor
Member since 2009 • 4214 Posts

@tormentos said:

@MK-Professor said:

You claim considering that even 1 CU of the PS4 use for compute will be = to the total flop performance of the entire Jaguar CPU on the xbox one i don't think that it will even matter.

The Xbox CPU with the OLT units equals the performance of 5 PS4 CU's, also 1 CU(from xbox) is more effective then 1 CU(from PS4).

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

Most people are kidding themselves. We all saw what developers could do on the PS3/X360 now imagine what they could pull off on the PS4/XB1. Hardware for the new consoles went forwards not backwards. Things will only get better from now, and if they don't I'll hunt you all down. Rawr!

BlbecekBobecek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#73  Edited By BlbecekBobecek
Member since 2006 • 2949 Posts

@leandrro said:

having 8gb or so of system RAM is very usefull to record videos and a lot of stuff can be pre loaded to the system RAM

battlefield 4 on PC high settings (better than PS4) 900p only uses 1200mb of fast Vram

or in the other hand they could keep the framerates and add better textures to make use of more of the 8gb fast Vram

all this happens because the pitcairn GPU in PS4 cant handle more than 1,5 gb of ram

you can check it for yourself on the 7850 graphics card benchmarks comparing 1gb vs 2gb gddr5 ram versions of the card

i think PS4 would never have a performance impact if it had 2gb gddr5 Vram + 6gb ddr3 ram

developers are claiming that kill zone a exclusive game (that cant be compared in any way to a PC game) is using 3gb of Vram

we know the killzone has very nice visuals and that gpu would never be able to handle 3gb vram alongside all those nice visuals tech

When you are trying to prove that PS4 doesn't need so much fast RAM by writing how much RAM PC ports of PS360 games take, there is a huge and pretty obvious logical error in your argumentation. I'll explain:

Most current PC GPUs have ridiculously low GDDR5 RAM - thats because:

1) They are designed to play ports from PS360 and both of those consoles are RAM bottlenecked themselves.

2) GDDR5 RAM is expensive.

Therefore devs learned to work with such a low amounts of fast RAM and games (even those you mentioned) are designed around it.

But PS4 is designed as it is, with 8 GBs of GDDR5, and devs can work with those memory resources in mind. They can optimise games for it and take advantage of it. So you might find out that following things happen within a year and a half:

1) New GPUs will be shipped with much more GDDR5 RAM.

2) Many current GPUs that are equal to the PS4 GPU will struggle to play multiplats because of RAM deficiency.

Remember my words, you will probably not be able to find a gaming GPU with less than 6 GBs of a fast dedicated RAM 18 months from now, probably sooner.

If you dont understand anything, feel free to ask.

DirkXXVI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#74  Edited By DirkXXVI
Member since 2008 • 498 Posts

I really wish that Sony had decided to use a 7970 desktop equivalent. For a console it would have made the machine a lot more formidable.

As for unified memory, yes it is was developers wanted. It's why both Nvidia and AMD will be including it in virtually all of their future GPU products.

Deevoshun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By Deevoshun
Member since 2003 • 868 Posts

Quick, someone contact MS and SONY and tell them next time they plan to build a new console to come here and read the forums. It'll save them millions if not billions on R&D.

Phazevariance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 Phazevariance
Member since 2003 • 12356 Posts

Yet still most review sites claim Ryse as the graphics king to date...

04dcarraher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By 04dcarraher
Member since 2004 • 23829 Posts

@BlbecekBobecek said:

@leandrro said:

When you are trying to prove that PS4 doesn't need so much fast RAM by writing how much RAM PC ports of PS360 games take, there is a huge and pretty obvious logical error in your argumentation. I'll explain:

Most current PC GPUs have ridiculously low GDDR5 RAM - thats because:

1) They are designed to play ports from PS360 and both of those consoles are RAM bottlenecked themselves.

2) GDDR5 RAM is expensive.

Therefore devs learned to work with such a low amounts of fast RAM and games (even those you mentioned) are designed around it.

But PS4 is designed as it is, with 8 GBs of GDDR5, and devs can work with those memory resources in mind. They can optimise games for it and take advantage of it. So you might find out that following things happen within a year and a half:

1) New GPUs will be shipped with much more GDDR5 RAM.

2) Many current GPUs that are equal to the PS4 GPU will struggle to play multiplats because of RAM deficiency.

Remember my words, you will probably not be able to find a gaming GPU with less than 6 GBs of a fast dedicated RAM 18 months from now, probably sooner.

If you dont understand anything, feel free to ask.

I'll explain why your explanation and examples are wrong and why pc vs last gen vs current gen consoles differ and how they are similar.

First off the ports and or multiplatform games use more memory on pc then the 360/PS3 is because of design. Those consoles have to stream data as you progress, constantly swapping out data to make more room new data since they can only hold very little amount of data at any given time. Pc's store most if not all relevant data onto memory at once and does not stream data the same way. Also to point out that those games tend to have resolutions,settings and assets beyond what those consoles could handle hence another reason for higher memory allocation. Now these new consoles do not stream data like their predecessors did because their able to store the needed data at once allowing more data hence detail, etc.

1. False

if that was the case then current gpu's would still be stuck with 256 and 512mb cards or even 1gb , not cards using 2,3 4, 6 gb. And gpu's that 3-20x faster then the 360/PS3....

2. GDDR5 is not that expensive, the costs lies with the pcb board pathways for the memory bus.

The PS4 does not have all the 8gb of memory at its disposal for the Dev's for games.

1. Thats given because of the focus on rendering higher resolutions and assets.

2. That is false unless the gpu's stated are only using under 2gb.

I hate to break your bubble but the PS4 GPU will only use an average of 2-3 gb for VRAM, The PS4 allocates 3.5 gb just for OS and features which leaves 4.5gb for the games, and that has to split up between game cache and VRAM. the more complex and open the game is less VRAM that can be allocated.

cfisher2833

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 cfisher2833
Member since 2011 • 2150 Posts

@Pray_to_me said:

@cfisher2833 said:

Games with some of the highest res textures you'll find barely ever use anmore than 1.5Gb.

What games? Crysis 3? Skyrim? What last gen game are you using as a benchmark?

That's cute. PCs don't have "gens" and developers like Crytek didn't limit their PC versions based on console hardware. But keep thinking that more VRAM inherently improves framerates and such. It's amusing.

Now watch as Square Enix takes all of its "last gen" products, gives them PC-grade graphics, and throws them out on the PS4/XB1 as definitive versions....which aren't even able to hit 60fps.

thegroveman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By thegroveman
Member since 2012 • 123 Posts

People have short memories. In 2005/2006 mid+ range PCs could run Call of Duty 2 and Oblivion better than the 360 could, did that mean the 360 was DOA? I had a nice PC for Half Life 2, built in 2004, that wiped the floor with 360... initially. By the time Bioshock, Fallout 3, Mass Effect, etc came out that PC struggled, and I'm sure it doesn't even meet minimum specs for current games that run fine on 360 (albeit at 720p by 30 fps) like Tomb Raider, Skyrim, Arkham City, etc.

Perhaps there is merit to the concerns that the similar architecture is going to put PS4 and Xbox One behind, but how is that going to benefit PC gamers? Sure, PC versions look and play better, but console versions sell better. Games like Skyrim and BF3 - significantly better on PC - still sold 3:1 or 4:1 on Xbox 360. They are two different markets with surprising low overlap (at least when AAA games are concerned) so if PS4 and Xbox One start struggling, they aren't going to recoup those lost sales on Steam.

Tighaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 Tighaman
Member since 2006 • 1038 Posts

@stereointegrity: Again you don't read their are a couple coming and if you read about the new apus they are gaming apus and not one has gddr5 if it was so helpful to gaming moving forward like the ps4 with its gddr5 as system ram why not go with that? because they try to cut corners no subsystems for offloading needing the gpu for more than just graphics slower cpu is gonna hurt them in the long run.

Beefkebob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By Beefkebob
Member since 2013 • 84 Posts

...Yeeeah....because im sure YOU (a random nobody on the internet) knows better than Mark Cerny.

Mark Cerny is a friggen gaming prodigy...but im sure you are too *rolls eyes*

Mark knew exactly what he was doing with the PS4...and he had a full team behind him who knew what they were all doing too....everyone at Sony came together as a team, giving it their best, to make the PS4 what it is....Sony and Sony first parties were passionate about PS4 and eager to please GAMING fans....

There is a reason why the developers themselfes praise the speed and power of the PS4, why they LOVE the PS4, and gush over how easy it is to work on the PS4 etc

This thread reeks of jealousy.

Xbot posing as hermit trying his hardest to downplay the PS4s vastly superior unified memory setup of much faster ram and GPUGPU + hUMA capabilities

The PS4 is much more foward thinking graphically then the xbone is....Much more so...

PS4 is already destroying the xbone in graphics right now (1080p vs 720p)

PS4 offers the much better graphics for much less money.....cant be beat...

BUT holy snaps at how big that gap will continue to grow down the line....

PS4 is much much more future proof then the xbone is to boot.

PS4 all the way....

Hell, there are no current PCs out there that even come close to offering what the PS4 does for the price it does either.

PS4 is a beast....power per dollar, the PS4 cant be touched.

I remember, xbots use to spout the non sense that the xbox 360 was so graphically ahead of its time, that it was ahead of PCs at the time....which was patently false....

The PS4 however actually is ahead of most PCs out there right now. The PS4 can even out put graphics equal to the highest high end of PCs

Thank you for such a powerful affordable PS4 Sony!

Sony is always looking out for gamers and knows what we want! I love Playstation!

miiiiv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By miiiiv
Member since 2013 • 943 Posts
@beefkebob said:
I remember, xbots use to spout the non sense that the xbox 360 was so graphically ahead of its time, that it was ahead of PCs at the time....which was patently false....

The 360 was way more powerful for it's time than the ps4 is for it's time. The 360's gpu even had unified shaders before any gpu with such technology were available to pc's.Both the ps3 and 360 were beat by core 2 duo and an 8800 gtx (released 2006, the same year as the ps3) however, as such a pc to this day runs games at higher resolutions, with better graphics and at a higher frame rate than the hd-twins. Exampes; Battlefield 4, Tom Raider (2013) and Bioshock Infinite all run and look better on a core 2 duo coupled with an 8800 gtx.

@beefkebob said:
The PS4 can even out put graphics equal to the highest high end of PCs

The highest high end of PCs are monster rigs that can run ps4 graphics at 4k (four times the resolution of a ps4 game) and still achieve a much higher frame rate than the ps4 does at 1080p.

You don't need the "highest high end of PCs" to beat the ps4, a $1500 well built pc smokes the ps4 in terms graphical output and frame rate.

Beefkebob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By Beefkebob

Ginosaji

If by "highest high end" you mean hardware released early-mid 2012 such as the $230 7870, then sure. But that's not exactly high end.

First of all, post a source to that claim. Very dubious. I dont believe you

Secondly, youre misunderstanding me. I will try my best to better explain it for you

For instance, Battlefield 4 on PS4 looks every bit as good as Battlefield 4 does maxed out on any high end PC

Hence my comment...

Now, Im NOT saying the PS4 has better specs then a high end PC,

What im saying is that despite that, the PS4 can render games that have equal graphics to their PC versions maxed out on most high end PCs etc

But of course a higher spec PC will be able to run that game at higher frame rates etc.....but PS4 is still out putting games that look every bit as good as their PC counter parts on the best of PCs etc

You understand now, right:)

Hell, there is NOTHING on the market (consoles or PC) that looks as unbelievable as Killzone Shafowfall does

However, to build a PC that has similar performamce to a PS4, for the same price of a PS4, that also has 8gb of GDDR5 ram and a GPUGPU like the PS4 has...it would be impossible....

Power per dollar there is NOTHING out there that even comes close to offering what the PS4 is offering power per dollar

Just to build a PC with similar specs to a PS4 alone would cost you a fortune more then the PS4 does

PS4 is way ahead of the curve and is amazingly affordable to boot (thank you Sony)

The PS4 is WHAT the 360 was CLAIMED to be....

The 360 was never as graphically impressive for its time as hyped up to be nor was it as ahead of PCs as it was hyped up to be etc

The PS4 is.... and COSTS way less.....scale for inflation and the 360 cost about 600$-700$ back then...and the 360 didnt even have blue ray either and was still a little weaker then the PS3 ...

And now with the xbone, the xbone is a complete RIP OFF. The xbone is 50% weaker and 100$ more expensive then a PS4...

Microsoft is always fucking gamers over. **** Microsoft....Thank god for the PS4 and Thank god for Sony...Sony SAVED this gen....

Beefkebob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By Beefkebob

@miiiiv said:
@beefkebob said:

The 360 was way more powerful for it's time than the ps4 is for it's time. The 360's gpu even had unified shaders before any gpu with such technology were available to pc's.Both the ps3 and 360 were beat by core 2 duo and an 8800 gtx (released 2006, the same year as the ps3) however, as such a pc to this day runs games at higher resolutions, with better graphics and at a higher frame rate than the hd-twins. Exampes; Battlefield 4, Tom Raider (2013) and Bioshock Infinite all run and look better on a core 2 duo coupled with an 8800 gtx.

@beefkebob said:

The highest high end of PCs are monster rigs that can run ps4 graphics at 4k (four times the resolution of a ps4 game) and still achieve a much higher frame rate than the ps4 does at 1080p.

You don't need the "highest high end of PCs" to beat the ps4, a $1500 well built pc smokes the ps4 in terms graphical output and frame rate.

Youre so full of shit, I can smell you from here. Im sorry but truth is you dont know what youre talking about. Youre delusional.

Let me guess, youre an xbot/PC snob hybrid.

1. The PS4 has 8gb of GGDR5 unified ram. There is NOTHING like that out in PCs right now.

The PS4 also has GPUGPU and hUMA capabilities....good luck finding those capabilities in ANY current high end PC

The PS4 having 8gb of unified GDDR5 ram + GPUGPU + hUMA capability.. is way more avanced for todays time, then the 360 was for its time for just having shaders lol

In fact THERE were GPUs that promptly came out along the same time frame as the 360 that were way more powerful... and had way more advanced shader technology then the GPU in the 360 had....

All the "talk" of the 360 being so advanced for its time was Microsoft PR bullshit....it wasnt even more advanced then a PS3 lol

And its GPU was promptly destroyed by other GPUs that also had more advanced shader technology.

TO boot the PS4 only costing 400$ for todays times, for the specs it has, and for all the other things it can do (like PS4 share features etc) is bananas

The 360 COST MORE respective of its time and didnt even have blue ray and was still a little weaker then the PS3 was lol

The 360 was so over hyped, its insane...at least people are calling Microsoft out for the bullshit that is the xbone

The xbone is FACTUALLY 50% weaker and 100$ more expensive then a PS4....but a thank you always goes out to Sony for looking out for gamers.....

leandrro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -2

#86 leandrro
Member since 2007 • 1644 Posts

@AM-Gamer said:

im sorry but no

http://imgur.com/a/TWbnx

i play on PC high and everytime i watch PS4 footage it feels like im seeing a downgraded version of the game i know, it lack textures, details...

leandrro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 leandrro

@tormentos said:
@Kinthalis said:

@xboxiphoneps3 said:

@jhonMalcovich:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=naO0daBZeRo

Beefkebob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By Beefkebob

twins. Exampes; Battlefield 4, Tom Raider (2013) and Bioshock Infinite all run and look better on a core 2 duo coupled with an 8800 gtx.

@beefkebob said:

When the 360 came out, it never came close to rendering graphics that looked like the PC games of that time on high graphical settings

Where as, the PS4 today can render a game like Battlefield 4 that looks every bit as good as Battlefield 4 on a high end PC maxed out does

Factually, PS4 is wayyy more ahead of its time, then the 360 was,

And scaling for inflation, PS4 costs much less in todays time, then the 360 cost during its time to boot

(Hell, the 360 didnt even have blue ray and wasnt even more advanced then a PS3 lol....yet there is NO OTHER console more powerful then a PS4)

Lastly, to build a PC that has similar performamce to a PS4, for the same price of a PS4, that also has 8gb of unified GDDR5 ram and a GPUGPU like the PS4 has...it would be impossible....

Power per dollar there is NOTHING out there that even comes close to offering what the PS4 is offering power per dollar

Just to build a PC with similar specs to a PS4 alone would cost you a fortune more then the PS4 does

PS4 is way ahead of the curve and is amazingly affordable to boot (thank you Sony)

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@beefkebob said:

twins. Exampes; Battlefield 4, Tom Raider (2013) and Bioshock Infinite all run and look better on a core 2 duo coupled with an 8800 gtx.

@beefkebob said:

When the 360 came out, it never came close to rendering graphics that looked like the PC games of that time on high graphical settings

Where as, the PS4 today can render a game like Battlefield 4 that looks every bit as good as Battlefield 4 on a high end PC maxed out does

Factually, PS4 is wayyy more ahead of its time, then the 360 was,

And scaling for inflation, PS4 costs much less in todays time, then the 360 cost during its time to boot

(Hell, the 360 didnt even have blue ray and wasnt even more advanced then a PS3 lol....yet there is NO OTHER console more powerful then a PS4)

Lastly, to build a PC that has similar performamce to a PS4, for the same price of a PS4, that also has 8gb of unigied GDDR5 ram and a GPUGPU like the PS4 has...it would be impossible....

so much bullshit

miiiiv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By miiiiv
Member since 2013 • 943 Posts
@beefkebob said:

For instance, Battlefield 4 on PS4 looks every bit as good as Battlefield 4 does maxed out on any high end PC

Better textures, more terrain detail and less aliasing on pc. And the frame rate and resolution is higher on pc if you got a decent rig.

@beefkebob said:

Hell, there is NOTHING on the market (consoles or PC) that looks as unbelievable as Killzone Shafowfall does

Digital Foundry on KZSF (what was shown from the game earlier this year, KZSF looks pretty much the same now)

"Killzone Shadow Fall has moments of exceptional majesty and some beautiful animation, but the in-game concepts revealed last night failed to truly excite, and even in terms of technical accomplishment - something readily associated with Guerrilla Games - you put the video side-by-side with Crysis 2 and its sequel and it feels a step off the pace."

KZSF looks great though and it's only a launch game, at $400 the ps4 certainly offers performance that no similarly priced pc can touch.

@beefkebob said:

Youre so full of shit, I can smell you from here. Im sorry but truth is you dont know what youre talking about. Youre delusional.

1. The PS4 has 8gb of GGDR5 unified ram There is NOTHING like that out in PCs right now.

The PS4 also has GPUGPU and hUMA capabilities....good luck finding those capabilities in ANY current high end PC

The PS4 having 8gb of unified GDDR5 ram + GPUGPU + hUMA capability.. is way more avanced for todays time, then the 360 was for its time having shaders lol

In fact THERE were GPUs that promptly came out along the same time frame as the 360 that had WAY BETTER GPUs and way more advanced shader technology...

All the "talk" of the 360 being so advanced for its time was Microsoft PR bullshit....it wasnt even more advanced then a PS3 lol

TO boot the PS4 only costing 400$ for todays times, for the specs it has, and for all the other things it can do (like PS4 share features etc) is bananas

The 360 COST MORE respective of its time and didnt even have blue ray and was still a little weaker then the PS3 was lol

The 360 was so over hyped, its insane...at least people are calling Microsoft out for the bullshit that is the xbone

The xbone is FACTUALLY 50% weaker and 100$ more expensive then a PS4

You are the one who is delusional if you honestly believe the ps4 will be able to even come close the performance of the highest high end of PCs.
And i'm not not a xbot/PC snob. I currently game on ps3 and pc. Will buy ps4 when better games are out. I like playstation more than xbox, and I think the ps4 is better than the x1. As I said, at $400, the ps4 is a great gaming system but you are taking it to crazy town.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By ronvalencia
@stereointegrity said:

@ronvalencia said:

@tormentos said:

@MK-Professor said:

Weak PS4 CPU confirmed!

the aces cant do compute asynchronously in the xbox one

From http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-microsoft-to-unlock-more-gpu-power-for-xbox-one-developers

"In addition to asynchronous compute queues, the Xbox One hardware supports two concurrent render pipes,"

1st-gen GCNs can do asynchronous compute i.e. hint: 1st gen GCNs has atleast two ACE units..

ACE = Asynchronous Compute Engine. LOL.

PS4 and R9-290/290X just has more of it i.e. 8 ACE units.

AMD Temash SoC has 4 ACE units.

The increase in ACE unit count is just an attempt to counter NVIDIA GK110's Hyper-Q.

leandrro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By leandrro

we must remember that sony was planning on 4gb gddr5 for ps4, then last minute they changed it to 8gb

was it because of a performance bottleneck? sony havent planned their system correctly?

no it was 4gb because 4gb is enough for a 7850 equivalent gpu

then comes M$ with their stupid media center that will use 8gb ddr3 for anything other than games

M$ fanboys would always brag about the useless 8gb ddr3 for their weaker system,

sony had to change it last minute without redesigning the hole system archtecture, just adding new chips require little redesigning unlike creating a new separate ram pool for extra ddr3 ram for media apps

that might be why ps4 has all that fast (and partially useless) gddr5 ram, just because of marketing strategy

its a giant pool of fast gddr5 ram that is good only for marketing

kinda like the 8 (super slow) cpu cores

Beefkebob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By Beefkebob

@leandrro said:

@tormentos said:
@Kinthalis said:

@xboxiphoneps3 said:

@jhonMalcovich:

Read the comments

They already destroyed you. Ripped you to pieces.

One of the top rated comments from his video.....a little harsh, but straight to the point and very truthful...

"What a terrible troll this is. This computer is 500 dollars becuase you will need an OS...becuase if you arent dumb you will know that windows 7 must be installed on a brand new copy for a PC

Also this PC will be outdated in 3 years with low shitty graphics while my PS4 will still be on medium to high graphics on 1080p. Due to the fact consoles are optimised to work better with less hardware...btw did I mention how the "better" pc version of BF4 is a complete mess of stuttering frames, glitches and bad FPS for high end rigs.

I dont want your shitty mouse and keyboard, i dont want to sit in a desk, i want to sit on my couch with my 27 inch IPS 1080p monitor and sit 5 feet away and see how good it looks for 400 dollars. This PC is shit, and Leandrro is a stupid troll too"

Also the cost of a keyboard and mose would add another +100$ to that PC too....should just throw that out there...

Also that PC doesnt have the optimizations that the PS4 has i.e UNIFIED GDDR5 ram set up etc...

That PC could never be put together as efficiently as the PS4 is, to run as effectively and efficiently as the PS4 runs etc

You were being very disingenuous Leandrro....you were trolling....hope your vids on youtube get flagged!

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

@beefkebob said:

@leandrro said:

@tormentos said:
@Kinthalis said:

@xboxiphoneps3 said:

@jhonMalcovich:

Read the comments

One of the top rated comments from his video.....a little harsh, but straight to the point and very truthful...

"What a terrible troll this is. This computer is 500 dollars becuase you will need an OS...becuase if you arent dumb you will know that windows 7 must be installed on a brand new copy for a PC

Also this PC will be outdated in 3 years with low shitty graphics while my PS4 will still be on medium to high graphics on 1080p. Due to the fact consoles are optimised to work better with less hardware...btw did I mention how the "better" pc version of BF4 is a complete mess of stuttering frames, glitches and bad FPS for high end rigs.

I dont want your shitty mouse and keyboard, i dont want to sit in a desk, i want to sit on my couch with my 27 inch IPS 1080p monitor and sit 5 feet away and see how good it looks for 400 dollars. This PC is shit, and Leandrro is a stupid troll too"

Als the cost of a keyboard and mose woul add another 100$ to that PC too....should just throw that out there...

Also that PC doesnt have the optimizations that the PS4 has i.e UNIFIED GDDR5 ram set up etc...

That PC could never be put together as efficiently as the PS4 is to run as effectively and efficiently as the PS4 runs etc

You were being very disingenuous Leandrro....youre a PC troll nerd....hope all your vids on youtube get flagged you troll....

100$ for keyboard and mouse?

5$ gets you both at the dollar store

leandrro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 leandrro

@beefkebob said:

@leandrro said:

@tormentos said:
@Kinthalis said:

@xboxiphoneps3 said:

@jhonMalcovich:

Read the comments

Als the cost of a keyboard and mose woul add another 100$ to that PC too....should just throw that out there...

That PC could never be put together as efficiently as the PS4 is to run as effectively and efficiently as the PS4 runs etc

You were being very disingenuous Leandrro....youre a PC troll nerd....hope all your vids on youtube get flagged you troll....

so this information gets into your fanboy head so deep that you had to make a research bout me and all my video activity to prove im a bad person?

ive updated the video descryption a few weeks ago

its now a U$406 PC with keyboard mouse and original win7 licence

guess you missed that on purpose?

im a PC troll nerd? i have a PS3 a x360 and a wii, who is the system fanboy nerd here?

for optimizations you might search youtube for "the myth of console optimization"

Beefkebob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By Beefkebob

@miiiiv said:
@beefkebob said:

Better textures, more terrain detail and less aliasing on pc. And the frame rate and resolution is higher on pc if you got a decent rig.

@beefkebob said:

Digital Foundry on KZSF (what was shown from the game earlier this year, KZSF looks pretty much the same now)

"Killzone Shadow Fall has moments of exceptional majesty and some beautiful animation, but the in-game concepts revealed last night failed to truly excite, and even in terms of technical accomplishment - something readily associated with Guerrilla Games - you put the video side-by-side with Crysis 2 and its sequel and it feels a step off the pace."

KZSF looks great though and it's only a launch game, at $400 the ps4 certainly offers performance that no similarly priced pc can touch.

@beefkebob said:

1. The PS4 has 8gb of GGDR5 unified ram There is NOTHING like that out in PCs right now.

The PS4 having 8gb of unified GDDR5 ram + GPUGPU + hUMA capability.. is way more avanced for todays time, then the 360 was for its time having shaders lol

In fact THERE were GPUs that promptly came out along the same time frame as the 360 that had WAY BETTER GPUs and way more advanced shader technology...

The xbone is FACTUALLY 50% weaker and 100$ more expensive then a PS4

You are the one who is delusional if you honestly believe the ps4 will be able to even come close the performance of the highest high end of PCs.

And i'm not not a xbot/PC snob. I currently game on ps3 and pc. Will buy ps4 when better games are out. I like playstation more than xbox, and I think the ps4 is better than the x1. As I said, at $400, the ps4 is a great gaming system but you are taking it to crazy town.

Read the rest of that post.

What you said about the 360 is whats bullshit, and that is what I was calling you out for, and thats what I debunked etc

As for PC, I agree with you to an extent...

A PS4 will never have better specs then the highest end of PCs will have...

But due to the PS4 being closed and highly optimized....YES it WILL be able to keep up with the PCs best for many years to come.....

Just look at this last gen for example

And if im wrong in calling you what I did, I apologise my bro

Cheers?

:)

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

@beefkebob said:

What you said about the 360 is whats bullshit, and that is what I was calling you out for, and thats what I debunked etc

But due to the PS4 being closed and highly optimized....YES it WILL be able to keep up with the PCs best for many years to come.....you are the crazy one to think other wise my friend lol

Cheers! And if im wrong in calling what you I did, I apologise:)

It barely keeps up to a mid-end PC...still far from a current and future high end

04dcarraher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 04dcarraher
Member since 2004 • 23829 Posts

@MonsieurX said:

@beefkebob said:

But due to the PS4 being closed and highly optimized....YES it WILL be able to keep up with the PCs best for many years to come.....you are the crazy one to think other wise my friend lol

Cheers! And if im wrong in calling what you I did, I apologise:)

It barely keeps up to a mid-end PC...still far from a current and future high end

lol $260 GTX 760 @ 1.2ghz,

38.4 GPixel's

115 GTexel's

PS4 gpu

25.6 GPixel/s

57.6 GTexel/s

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By ronvalencia
@beefkebob said:

@miiiiv said:
@beefkebob said:

@beefkebob said:

1. The PS4 has 8gb of GGDR5 unified ram. There is NOTHING like that out in PCs right now.

The PS4 having 8gb of unified GDDR5 ram + GPUGPU + hUMA capability.. is way more avanced for todays time, then the 360 was for its time for just having shaders lol

In fact THERE were GPUs that promptly came out along the same time frame as the 360 that were way more powerful... and had way more advanced shader technology then the GPU in the 360 had....

And its GPU was promptly destroyed by other GPUs that also had more advanced shader technology.

The xbone is FACTUALLY 50% weaker and 100$ more expensive then a PS4....but a thank you always goes out to Sony for looking out for gamers.....

You are forgetting PS4's CPU direct connection to main memory is 20 GB/s (for both directions).

Intel Core Sandybridge/Ivybridge/Haswell's CPU-to-IGP HSA like connection is tighter than AMD's version i.e. Intel CPU-to-IGP connections has significantly faster ring bus i.e. greater than PS4's 20 GB/s (10 GB/s per direction) CPU-to-GPU links.

WIth Intel Ivybridge, the combined bandwdith between the CPU and dGPU is 32 GB/s (16 GB/s per direction) peak via PCI-Express Version 3.0 16 lanes.

AMD's first PCI-Express Version 3.0 enabled APU would be Kaveri. AMD plans to extend HSA to Discrete GPUs in 2014. http://forwardthinking.pcmag.com/computing/293746-amd-bets-on-heterogeneous-system-architecture

Note the relationship between Kaveri's shipping times with HSA 2014's "extend to Discrete GPU".

Beefkebob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By Beefkebob

Leandrro

for optimizations you might search youtube for "the myth of console optimization"

I love it how PC gamers on system wars think they know more then all the developers and experts do etc

Also, in regards to what you keep saying about the GDDR5 in the PS4

Go read up on the Garlic and Onion bus bridges in the PS4. They were built to specifically adress the latency

Youre repeating the same old bullshit xbot shill arguments that have already been debunked 1000x times over

Developers have access to the whole pool of GDDR5 ram in the PS4, can draw from it at any time and at full speeds etc

STOP speaking out of your ass

Like what was said, the people who put together the PS4 knew what they were doing.....they have forgotten more about tech and specs then you WILL EVER LEARN about tech and specs

Seriously, every nobody-joe-smo on the net LIKE YOU thinks they know better...people today value their opinions way too highly....

The problem is the anonymous nature of the internet. In real life, xboner fanboys or even people like the OP would be put in their place, human to human, and would know their place etc