PS4 "50% more powerful myth" Clarified by Same Dev

• 99 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#51 Posted by Ghost120x (5269 posts) -

Who ever said it was 50%? Wasn't the power difference claims like 20-30%?

#52 Posted by kbanna (741 posts) -

@

@XboxStache said:

@kbanna said:

@@

@slimdogmilionar said:

When I read this type of stuff I automatically "facepalm" as an xbox owner its sad to see this is what it's come down to. PS4 specs are in stone. Unless M$ is holding back info so is xb1. IMO the only way at this point to get somewhat parity between the two in gaming would be in a scenario when the PS4 can't use the spare power for rendering and it would need to use those spare cu's for GPGPU, but even that's not guaranteed. M$ is gonna have to work closely with amd and come up with some pretty clever developing tricks, but that's their m.o. I guess. PS4 may take a hit though when features get added that need to continuously run in the background and stuff like that.

Again, no one is trying to claim that the x1 is as powerful as the ps4. But there is misinformation out there as well. Is the PS4 50% more powerful? Is it 5% to 10%?? That is the point.

The basis for this 50% claim came from this developer and was quoted online for MONTHS. The same dev came back and stated that it was NOT 50% MORE "powerful" he was claiming but 50% less development time.

This is significant. Im not gonna join the idiots claiming "secrete sauce" ether, but I have yet to see with my own eyes a 50% power diff in these machines, and if its a inconsequential power difference (10% etc) in realtity, then there has been a huge exaggeration that needs to be corrected by the same press that damned MS using this guys quote as its main fodder.

And even though each's specs are in stone are you seeing a huge diff as an "xbox owner"?? Does any game to you look sig better then Ryse?? Specs are one thing but graphics in games that actually exist is another.

Cows were trolling big time with the 50 percent claim. In that case, the X1 would literally be identical to the 360 in power.

Exactly. But notice now that when the ORIGINATOR of that claim comes back and clarifies its "well, its more powerful...that's all I need to know"...or "X1 will never be as powerful as ps4" Amnesia has set in.

But I say again for this machine to be 50% more powerful, the ps4 would have to start running games at 4k , 120fps...I don't see that happening.

#53 Posted by kbanna (741 posts) -

@Ghost120x said:

Who ever said it was 50%? Wasn't the power difference claims like 20-30%?

Seriously????????

#54 Posted by kalipekona (2492 posts) -

@kbanna said:

@Heil68 said:

Well we all know the PS4 is the worlds most powerful video game console to have ever been created in the history of video games. By golly that's good enough for me and thus SDC. Thank you SONY. By gamers, FOR gamers. the SONY way.

At this point you wont get an argument from me. Though you sound like a zealot....the question is how much more powerful.

I wonder when both systems are running games at 1080p 60fps regularly, if we will see the difference manifest it self in any other meaningful way

I wouldn't expect the majority of games to ever be 1080p/60fps on PS4 or XB1. The vast majority of games on both consoles will be 30fps this generation.

Framerates don't generally improve over a generation, rather they tend to worsen over time as devs attempt to create ever more detailed graphics. For example, The Last of Us looks better than Uncharted 2, but has a worse framerate and worse aliasing. This isn't a rule of course, only a tendency.

#55 Posted by Boddicker (4350 posts) -

@Chutebox said:

How does this debunk anything?

#56 Posted by tymeservesfate (2230 posts) -

@kbanna said:

I found this interesting....seems the same developer who started this rumor came back to Neogaf to correct this misinformation. He was making reference to Development Time...not hardware power at all. Sorry if old.

From Neogaf http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=80542977#post80542977 :

"I think Adrian should jump into the conversation. He does it all the time in his blogs.

Here I am. So...

1. I am not doing a damage control, but I do want to clarify one thing. But first, yes, devs I know -- and as someone has shown it before in this thread, some other devs already talked about it too -- claim that there's 50% speed difference WHEN DEVELOPING in cross-gen/next-gen PS4/XO games. So there we are, I said it and I stand by it. Notice: WHEN DEVELOPING. It'll become clear in a second."

More and more lies being cleaned up.

i didnt actually read the thread yet...but did he mention how cows tears will be 50percent more powerful as well too?

@FoxbatAlpha said:

He also said THE ONE has big surprises coming.

#57 Edited by kbanna (741 posts) -

@kalipekona said:

@kbanna said:

@Heil68 said:

Well we all know the PS4 is the worlds most powerful video game console to have ever been created in the history of video games. By golly that's good enough for me and thus SDC. Thank you SONY. By gamers, FOR gamers. the SONY way.

At this point you wont get an argument from me. Though you sound like a zealot....the question is how much more powerful.

I wonder when both systems are running games at 1080p 60fps regularly, if we will see the difference manifest it self in any other meaningful way

I wouldn't expect the majority of games to ever be 1080p/60fps on PS4 or XB1. The vast majority of games on both consoles will be 30fps this generation.

Framerates don't generally improve over a generation, rather they tend to worsen over time as devs attempt to create ever more detailed graphics. For example, The Last of Us looks better than Uncharted 2, but has a worse framerate and worse aliasing. This isn't a rule of course, only a tendency.

Then what was the point of launching a new generation then? Just to run a few games at 1080p? That sucks

#58 Posted by TigerSuperman (4331 posts) -

@Heil68 said:

Doesn't the SM have better specs than the PS4?

#59 Edited by kalipekona (2492 posts) -

@kbanna said:

@kalipekona said:

@kbanna said:

@Heil68 said:

Then what was the point of launching a new generation then? Just to run a few games at 1080p? That sucks

Since when has a new console generation ever been about getting a massive leap forward in both resolution and framerate? I don't think some of you understand just how much hardware performance is required for a jump in resolution and framerate like that. And even if you do demand those things, there won't be sufficient power left over to produce the "next gen" visuals that everyone expects.

#60 Posted by SuddenlyTragic (976 posts) -

Here's the bottom line everyone...The PS4 is more powerful than the Xbox One. We've known this for a while, I don't know why everyone is even arguing about it in the first place. With that being said, both consoles are weak, much weaker than anyone anticipated. Everyone acts like the PS4 is some godsend for being more powerful than the Xbox One even though we haven't seen a single game other than Call of Duty (which looks terrible by today's standards) run in 1080p and 60fps. Everyone needs to stop all of the talk about 1080p and 60fps. The only place you're going to consistently find that is on PC; not PS4 and not Xbox One. I have a PS4 and enjoy it for the games I have for it. If I want to see something in 1080p and 60fps, I get the PC version.

Another testament to how unimpressive this generation has turned out to be (at least so far, I know things always improve with time)...The Killzone 2 E3 trailer from 2005....Remember how impressive that was? Killzone Shadowfall, a full generation later, doesn't look that good. When Sony revealed that Killzone 2 would not actually look that good, I wasn't that shocked because it looked ridiculously good at the time. However, I am shocked that Killzone almost ten years later still doesn't look as good as that trailer did.

#61 Edited by delta3074 (19960 posts) -

@theshensolidus said:

This post was made in September.... and yet, you're reviving it now why exactly? You do realize that we have seen the surface level technical differences in power on demonstration in various pieces of software for months now?

Why do you care about power so much? If you're a fan of the Xbox One, you're getting fun games to play! So you don't have the strongest console on the market, who the hell cares.

What i have see so far on the Ps4 equates to it being more powerful but 50%? i don't think so

It's obvious the Ps4 has an edge with it's GPU and RAM but i am going to wait this one out, lots of devs are complaining about the EsRAM in the Xbone but they complained about the PS3's architecture and look how that turned out.

I believe that the PS4 will end up being the most powerful but depending on how devs get to grips with the xbone i don't think the power differences are as big as some people make out.

People seem to forget that back in the first 2 year of the PS3 the differences between multiplats on the Xbox 360 and the Ps3 really was noticeable until Devs got to grips with the hardware and figured out how to use the Cell to do things the RSX couldn't like decent AA,texture culling, etc,etc

Bottom line, even now, it ain't 50%, anyone that knows anything bout the Architecture on both these machines can see that, it's bigger than it was last gen, obviously, but it ain't that big,lol

#62 Posted by delta3074 (19960 posts) -

@kbanna said:

@kalipekona said:

@kbanna said:

@Heil68 said:

No, he just said it clearly in his post, to run games with more detailed graphics.

#63 Edited by sam890 (1108 posts) -

Looking at the specs of the X1 and PS4 we know the PS4 is more powerful just not 50% more powerful. To say PS4 = XB1 is ludicrous :P

#64 Posted by Gue1 (12171 posts) -

720p vs 1080p are the same according to lems... I don't think that much denial is healthy at all.

#65 Posted by cainetao11 (33961 posts) -

I don't care. Games look great on my TV, and I have fun playing them, on ps3/360/X1 and soon ps4.

#66 Edited by kbanna (741 posts) -

@sam890 said:

Looking at the specs of the X1 and PS4 we know the PS4 is more powerful just not 50% more powerful. To say is PS4 = XB1 is ludicrous :P

No one has made that claim, in this thread at least

#67 Posted by Mr-Kutaragi (2466 posts) -

Da cloud.

#68 Posted by Krelian-co (13274 posts) -

@kbanna said:

@sam890 said:

Looking at the specs of the X1 and PS4 we know the PS4 is more powerful just not 50% more powerful. To say is PS4 = XB1 is ludicrous :P

check thread tittle, as always lems making bs and spreading misinformation.

Avatar image for StrongBlackVine
#69 Posted by StrongBlackVine (13262 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@kbanna said:

@Heil68 said:

those will be some fugly games

Depends on the genre.

Avatar image for StrongBlackVine
#70 Edited by StrongBlackVine (13262 posts) -
@XboxStache said:

Microsoft's problem is that they once again rushed a console launch to compete with a competitor that was clearly beaten last gen.

If Microsoft didn't rush the Xbox One out Sony would have really dominated like PS2 era. They release a mess of a console, but it was the right business decision.

#71 Posted by kbanna (741 posts) -

@Krelian-co said:

@kbanna said:

@sam890 said:

I made the thread and the thread title. The hell are you talking about? Did you bother to read the link or just show up hear talking shit because you have disdain for the xbox??

I made the title and I'll say it again, THE DEVELOPER WHO SAID THAT THE PS4 WAS 50% MORE POWERFUL came back and clarified that he was talking about 50% faster development time. PERIOD. Click the link and read. Reading is your friend

So where did I say the X1 equals the ps4??? What exactly is BS or misinformation about this thread?? The actual MISINFORMATION was the 50% more powerful claim TO BEGIN WITH.

Next time you hop in my thread read the damn information and figure out whats going on before continue to make a fool of yourself

#72 Posted by Krelian-co (13274 posts) -

@kbanna said:

@Krelian-co said:

@kbanna said:

@sam890 said:

I made the thread and the thread title. The hell are you talking about? Did you bother to read the link or just show up hear talking shit because you have disdain for the xbox??

I made the title and I'll say it again, THE DEVELOPER WHO SAID THAT THE PS4 WAS 50% MORE POWERFUL came back and clarified that he was talking about 50% faster development time. PERIOD. Click the link and read. Reading is your friend

So where did I say the X1 equals the ps4??? What exactly is BS or misinformation about this thread?? The actual MISINFORMATION was the 50% more powerful claim TO BEGIN WITH.

Next time you hop in my thread read the damn information and figure out whats going on before continue to make a fool of yourself

not going to waste an answer on an idiot so im just going to sum it up in this: lems can try to spin the fact that xbone is a lot weaker than ps4 all they want.

#73 Posted by kbanna (741 posts) -

@Krelian-co said:

@kbanna said:

@Krelian-co said:

@kbanna said:

@sam890 said:

not going to waste an answer on an idiot so im just going to sum it up in this: lems can try to spin the fact that xbone is a lot weaker than ps4 all they want.

The only idiot here is you coming into a thread assuming that, that was the topic. No one here claimed that the X1 was not weaker then the ps4. Your knee jerk reaction to anything remotely X1 positive has you arguing against ghosts. Relax

Next time read the link so you can respond intelligently about the actual topic.

#74 Posted by Opus_Rea-333 (1238 posts) -

@kuu2 said:

Not even the dumbest Sony Fanboy actually thought that the PauperStation4 had %50 more power....................

/Thread.

#75 Posted by kuu2 (10483 posts) -

@Gue1: Considering Sony Fan can't tell the difference is even funnier. Blur\Fog\BloomZone says hello.

#76 Posted by misterpmedia (6209 posts) -

Not sure why this thread still lives. Basing around a comment from an age last year. Top lels. We've already seen the evidence.

Avatar image for mynamesdenvrmax
#77 Posted by mynamesdenvrmax (2228 posts) -

Sony fans will hear nothing but "The PS4 is actually 49% faster than the Xbox One meaning it still is like WAY better. Everyone who bought and Xbox One is lame, a non gamer and just likes watching TV."

#78 Posted by Pray_to_me (4041 posts) -

You're right TC PS4 isn't 50% more powerful than xbone:

CoD on PS4: 2,073,600 pixels per frame 60 frames per second.

CoD on XBone 921,600 pixels per frame 60 frames per second.

According to multiplat differences it looks like PS4 is closer to 2X as powerful as XBone.

The Xbone is closer in power to WiiU and PS3 than it is to PS4.

#79 Edited by kinectthedots (3383 posts) -

What is the difference between 1080p and 720p lems? Com'on Work it out lems...

Damn every lemming in this thread is an idiot for trying to down play the factual difference in power that is required to acheive this feat.

MGS5 GZ pretty much varifies the claims that were reported before the systems launched, most other games also had similar results.

TC talking about maybe a 5% to 10% difference? LMAO...with a power gap that small a developer wouldn't even be able to have different resolutions.

Get real 1080p vs 720p is 100% difference. 60fps vs 30fps is 100% difference.

• 720p - Total image resolution 921,600 pixels (roughly equivalent to a 1 mega pixel camera)

• 1080p - Total image resolution 2,073,600 pixels (equivalent to a 2 mega pixel camera)

The difference between rendering these two resolutions is a little over 100%!!!! Let that sink in lemmorons, PS4 is rendering double or at least 100% more pixels for a game than xbone is rendering with the same or better graphics with the same or better frame rate. The very idea that PS4 is anything under 50% more powerful than xbox one is absurd.

Not even the original xbox was performing at that high of a gap over PS2 and everyone knows it was more than 5% to 10% more powerful.

This is like a group therapy denial thread for xbox fanboys who can't accept the difference in power between the two consoles.

#80 Posted by kbanna (741 posts) -

@Pray_to_me said:

According to multiplat differences it looks like PS4 is closer to 2X as powerful as XBone.

So you use one game? And COD at that? What about other games that are not the pixels you just cherry picked? Are you saying most games are like that and will continue to be like this?

And more importantly, are you now claiming the PS4 is officially 2X more powerful then the X1??

#81 Edited by Pray_to_me (4041 posts) -

@kbanna said:

@Pray_to_me said:

So you use one game? And COD at that? What about other games that are not the pixels you just cherry picked? Are you saying most games are like that and will continue to be like this?

And more importantly, are you now claiming the PS4 is officially 2X more powerful then the X1??

yup

#82 Posted by blamix99 (2685 posts) -

50% is exaggerate, the PS4 is only 49% more powerful than the X1

Avatar image for Silent-Assasin7
#83 Posted by Silent-Assasin7 (1496 posts) -

The PS4 could be 500X more powerful, it still doesn't have a single game worth playing.

#84 Edited by kbanna (741 posts) -

@kinectthedots said:

Damn every lemming in this thread is an idiot for trying to down play the factual difference in power that is required to acheive this feat.

MGS5 GZ pretty much varifies the claims that were reported before the systems launched, most other games also had similar results.

TC talking about maybe a 5% to 10% difference? LMAO...with a power gap that small a developer wouldn't even be able to have different resolutions.

• 720p - Total image resolution 921,600 pixels (roughly equivalent to a 1 mega pixel camera)

• 1080p - Total image resolution 2,073,600 pixels (equivalent to a 2 mega pixel camera)

The difference between rendering these two resolutions is a little over 100%!!!! Let that sink in lemmorons, PS4 is rendering double or at least 100% more pixels for a game than xbone is rendering with the same or better graphics with the same or better frame rate. The very idea that PS4 is anything under 50% more powerful than xbox one is absurd.

Not even the original xbox was performing at that high of a gap over PS2 and everyone knows it was more than 5% to 10% more powerful.

This is like a group therapy denial thread for xbox fanboys who can't accept the difference in power between the two consoles.

There are games on the xbox that are 1080p, 60fps. There are games that are 1080p on the X1. There are games that look better then every mutiplat on the xbox as well. Its all about the Dev getting the most out of the system.

Thanks for your charts and diagrams. Cute.

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
#85 Posted by GrenadeLauncher (6843 posts) -

lmao lems still crying that the Shitbox is substantially weaker than the PS4.

Just get over it already.

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
#86 Posted by GrenadeLauncher (6843 posts) -

@misterpmedia said:

lmfao so much epic damage control

SaphathoraelJunior Member(09-08-2013, 01:05 AM)

Check the damn date for this LOL

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOL I didn't even notice this. Neither did the lems, apparently.

Mods please lock thread and ban OP.

#87 Edited by lostrib (49999 posts) -

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@misterpmedia said:

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOL I didn't even notice this. Neither did the lems, apparently.

Mods please lock thread and ban OP.

why would they ban him?

#88 Posted by tormentos (26778 posts) -

@kbanna said:

I found this interesting....seems the same developer who started this rumor came back to Neogaf to correct this misinformation. He was making reference to Development Time...not hardware power at all. Sorry if old.

From Neogaf http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=80542977#post80542977 :

"I think Adrian should jump into the conversation. He does it all the time in his blogs.

Here I am. So...

1. I am not doing a damage control, but I do want to clarify one thing. But first, yes, devs I know -- and as someone has shown it before in this thread, some other devs already talked about it too -- claim that there's 50% speed difference WHEN DEVELOPING in cross-gen/next-gen PS4/XO games. So there we are, I said it and I stand by it. Notice: WHEN DEVELOPING. It'll become clear in a second."

More and more lies being cleaned up.

Like he was the only one...one the notion of 50% more power came from the actual hardware flop difference dude.

@kbanna said:

There aren't many games on both platforms that run at 1080p 60FPS,and the ones like Tomb Raider run much slower on xbox one + have lower quality assets to.

@kbanna said:

Or at least AS good. The point is, if this machine was indeed 50% more powerful we would not be seeing 900p vs 1080p , or 60fps vs unsteady 60fps, we would be seeing 900p vs 4K or some other ungodly resolution.

Matter of fact x1 already has games at 1080p , 60fps, so unless the ps4 is gonna start producing 4k games at 120fps, this whole argument is pretty stupid to begin with

Now this is some stupid ass post,there is a more than 50% difference between the 7770 and the 7870,and the difference isn't 900p vs 4k dude stop saying stupid things.

Yeah Forza which is build with last gen graphics,with baked effects,cardboard people pulled from Google earth,and is a racing game hardly a demanding engine,with no dynamic day to nigh changes and no weather effects what so ever.

You are one of the most dumb poster i have ever come across here.

You know the different between 60FPS and 120 FPS isn't actually 50% right.? Is 100% so pretending that the PS4 do 4k and 120FPS will require the PS4 to have not 50% more power but like 300% more power if not more.

Here let me educated you further.

The difference in resolution between Ghost on xbox one vs PS4 is more than 100% in resolution,is not 50% is more than 100% because 1080p is more than double the pixels of 720p.

BF4 has 48% resolution advantage + a 10 FPS lead which could be consider as 20% or more frame difference.

Tomb Raider has an up to 100% frame difference in FPS,+ has higher resolution effects,1080p cut scenes and higher resolution textures to.

But wait MGS5 has 100%+ difference in resolution + dynamic weather.

So as you can see the difference been show in games is actually higher than 50%,in fact there is a bigger gap between the xbox one and PS4 in Tomb Raider than the 7770 and 7850 have.

#89 Edited by kinectthedots (3383 posts) -

@kbanna said:

@kinectthedots said:

There are games on the xbox that are 1080p, 60fps. There are games that are 1080p on the X1. There are games that look better then every mutiplat on the xbox as well. Its all about the Dev getting the most out of the system.

Except I am talking about for the same games, you post is complete deflection.

If a system the is more powerful it can lower it's graphics and performance down to a lower level, but that is not true for a system that is weaker trying to go up in performance. It needs to be more powerful to do more.

I destroyed your thread with simple facts. Now go live your life in peace and stop making dumb and pathetic excuses for how the system you are a fan of is completely outclassed compared to it's closest rival

lol with all things remaining the same, the difference between 1080p and 720p is over 100%. Now don't make any more dumb damage control threads about how weak the xbone tuned out to be compared to PS4.

go on now, join your borthers

#90 Posted by tormentos (26778 posts) -

@kbanna said:

@

Exactly. But notice now that when the ORIGINATOR of that claim comes back and clarifies its "well, its more powerful...that's all I need to know"...or "X1 will never be as powerful as ps4" Amnesia has set in.

But I say again for this machine to be 50% more powerful, the ps4 would have to start running games at 4k , 120fps...I don't see that happening.

So a car to be 50% faster than a car running 50 mph it need to go 300 MPH.?

That bold part is completely dumb and show you know sh** of what your taking,50% of 60FPS would be 90FPS not 120,120 FPS is 100% difference and 1080p to 4k even more than 100%...

So yeah you have some fu** ass math..

#91 Posted by kbanna (741 posts) -

@kinectthedots said:

@kbanna said:

@kinectthedots said:

Except I am talking about for the same games, you post is complete deflection.

If a system the is more powerful it can lower it's graphics and performance down to a lower level, but that is not true for a system that is weaker trying to go up in performance. It needs to be more powerful to do more.

I destroyed your thread with simple facts. Now go live your life in peace and stop making dumb and pathetic excuses for how the system you are a fan of is completely outclassed compared to it's closest rival

lol with all things remaining the same, the difference between 1080p and 720p is over 100%. Now don't make any more dumb damage control threads about how weak the xbone tuned out to be compared to PS4.

go on now, join your borthers

First of all the only deflection going on in this thread is from you and the countless other Sony lames that came into this thread angry, ready to pick a fight, and did not bother to READ the link that was posted. This thread is about the Developer who STARTED the 50% more powerful rumor who later circled back and clarified its meaning. He was not speaking of the PS4 being actually 50% more powerful. But you and the rest of the Sony faithful have used that quote countless times and ran with it. I even have another one of your mindless horde claiming that the PS4 is now 2x More powerful then the X1.

Both of you are using flawed logic. You are picking one or two games and using them as the baseline for the system's capabilities. That is extremely ignorant. You cant just pull out a few multiplates and say "see here is what the X1 is capable of....720p!!!". Some dev are further along then others in terms of understanding the hardware. So its not a deflection if you bring up a game running at 720p on the X1 if Im telling you that other multiplates are running at 1080p.

Its about what the system is capable of. PERIOD. and a few raggedy-ass multiplats that you insist on cherry picking is not gonna serve as the overall capable output of the system. The X1 has created games at 1080p, 60fps. It has created games in 1080p. Ryse , which looks as good as any game on the ps4 is in 900p. The system is capable. That's the only point of his thread. That 50% is an over exaggeration at best. You insist on picking one example and acting like its the rule . Its not. That's MY point. No one is claiming that the X1 is as powerful as your precious machine so stop busting a nut.

Coming here showing a 720P "Chart" is not relevant because the system has outputted games way beyond 720P. think about what you are writing. If all we have seen is games in 720p on the X1 then you would have a point. Obviously those Dev are not getting the same results as others but its only been out for 4 months. These machines last 10 plus years. It is moronic to judge ether's capabilities at this point. What the Dev clarified is that he did not mean 50% more power, but 50% less Dev time. You would know this if you bothered to read the link that was provided. But you didn't. You just jumped in and wanted to spout your rhetoric and nonsense where it did not even make sense.

Lastly, for the record do you believe that the X1 is incapable of running games at the same resolution as the ps4? Yes or No?

#92 Posted by Cloud_imperium (14406 posts) -

@chikenfriedrice said:

@Heil68 said:

Sometimes your posts make me want to puke lol

While what he said was truth but the way he said it , made me laugh for some reason .

#93 Posted by Cloud_imperium (14406 posts) -
@misterpmedia said:

Is it just me or whenever I read your comments , I can feel the voice of a big fat chick shouting next to me and saying what you wrote .

#94 Posted by lhughey (4567 posts) -

@Silent-Assasin7 said:

The PS4 could be 500X more powerful, it still doesn't have a single game worth playing.

That's true, for now. It will have some interesting exclusives later this year though. Ironically, a plausible argument for getting the PS4 now is better multiplats. :)

#95 Edited by bezza2011 (2729 posts) -

@kbanna said:

@Heil68 said:

I think you need to get out of this mindset both systems wont be doing 1080p at 60fps, XboxOne will be one or the other and thats it, unless they cut back on the game itself, PS4 will have a lot more games doing this regularly but even then it won't become the norm, but really all i'm asking for is fluid gameplay and realistic graphics when needed.

#96 Posted by donalbane (16383 posts) -

@Chutebox said:

Because taking twice as long isn't the same thing as twice the power.

#97 Posted by misterpmedia (6209 posts) -

@Cloud_imperium said:
@misterpmedia said:

Is it just me or whenever I read your comments , I can feel the voice of a big fat chick shouting next to me and saying what you wrote .

lol. Look at my avatar when you do too and after she's finishing shouting she pulls that smug face

#98 Edited by shellcase86 (3745 posts) -

Not arguing the validity, but I thought the X1 and PS4 were nigh identical in regards to development process (not hardware). Why would one be 50% quicker to develop for?

#99 Edited by Chutebox (43508 posts) -

@donalbane said:

@Chutebox said:

Because taking twice as long isn't the same thing as twice the power.

Very true, still doesn't debunk anything. I said it previously, the power difference % comes from physical hardware specs. I don't think it's 50% from that, which would debunk it.

#100 Edited by jahdude (382 posts) -
@kbanna said:

@HaloinventedFPS said:

Ryse looks better than Infamous & Killzone, so...

Or at least AS good. The point is, if this machine was indeed 50% more powerful we would not be seeing 900p vs 1080p , or 60fps vs unsteady 60fps, we would be seeing 900p vs 4K or some other ungodly resolution.

Matter of fact x1 already has games at 1080p , 60fps, so unless the ps4 is gonna start producing 4k games at 120fps, this whole argument is pretty stupid to begin with

This is possibly one of the most uninformed posts I have seen on here. We have seen from multiplats that there in fact is a difference in the power, being seen from difference in the resolution and/or framerate. But the dumb part about your argument is 4k. You are aware that 4K has 4 times more pixels than 1080p. This means that in order for a system to run the same game (with the same graphical setting except resolution), you need to have a system that is, if I am not mistaken 300% stronger. So no a 50% difference would not lead to the PS4 having 4K games, far from it. Lets put it this way, 4K has 8,294,400 pixels and 1080p has 2,073,600 pixels, divide the two numbers and you get 4.

The 50% difference however, would lead to a resolution differences, in this case if we compare 1080p vs 900p, 1080p has 44% more pixels. Meaning that yes, a 50% difference in power would lead to the resolution difference seen.