PS3's Play TV

This topic is locked from further discussion.

CubanBlunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 CubanBlunt
Member since 2005 • 2025 Posts

http://kotaku.com/gaming/gc07/sony-turns-ps3-into-dvr-292317.php

Early next year the PlayStation 3 takes a big step towards becoming the ultimate entertainment box in Europe. At Sony's Games Convention press conference they announced Play TV, a device that hooks between your PS3 and television that will allow the console to record one channel while you watch another. Play TV not only supports high definition video but will also allow you to stream live or recorded video from the PS3 directly to your PSP via Remote play, effectively allowing you to watch your television shows on the handheld from anywhere in the world. Freaking amazing stuff. I'm impressed. Hell, even Crecente was impressed. No word on when the feature could be coming to regions outside of Europe, but I've no doubt in my mind that it will, and it will be awesome.

Designed to reinforce PS3's rightful place in the Living Room at the heart of the home entertainment needs, the twin channel TV tuner peripheral and PVR software turns PS3 into a state of the art TV recorder, allowing users to watch, pause and record live TV. PlayTV will also record individual programmes or whole series1 to the PS3 hard drive for viewing later on the family TV, or for transferring to the PSPTM (PlayStation®Portable) for remote viewing outside of the home.

"The introduction of PlayTV really will extend the already broad entertainment credentials of PS3, and makes it an exceptionally attractive proposition for the whole family," said David Reeves, President of Sony Computer Entertainment Europe. "PS3 already provides High Definition gaming, Blu-ray Disc movies, music, video, photo album, web browsing and PLAYSTATION Network support. With the introduction of PlayTV's state of the art TV tuner and PVR functionality, PS3 is now the best choice of home entertainment hub for the whole family.

If it comes to the states, I'm on it.

gtawoof

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 gtawoof
Member since 2003 • 1843 Posts
And Europeans hate when Americans get games like 2 weeks early or something -_- we're not even GETTING one of the best features EVER, atleast not for a year probably, i'd love to try that out.
HarlockJC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#3 HarlockJC
Member since 2006 • 25546 Posts

or for transferring to the PSPTM (PlayStation®Portable) for remote viewing outside of the home.

that pretty dang cool

Game_Druggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 Game_Druggy
Member since 2007 • 490 Posts

Doesnt this kinda remind you of the Sega Genisis, they keep adding stuff so the console doesnt 'die'.

tiger35010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 tiger35010
Member since 2004 • 859 Posts
WHAT!!! WHY DO THEY GET IT!!.... wait...didnt korea already get this?
vitz3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 vitz3
Member since 2004 • 1884 Posts

Doesnt this kinda remind you of the Sega Genisis, they keep adding stuff so the console doesnt 'die'.

Game_Druggy

You don't need a PS3 to use this. As I rememeber you needed a Genesis for the 32X and Sega CD addons.