Ps3, Xbox Or wii?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by kritin_Kapoor (25 posts) -
I'm wanting to purchase a gaming console. Which one should i go for out of the ps3, 360 or wii? . . . Ill prefer the conventional handheld controllers and not the move/kinect stuff. Also a great selection of good quality games is preferable. I already have a 32inch led bravia. Btw i live in India Thanks!
#2 Posted by Arach666 (23254 posts) -
What kind of games do you like?
#3 Posted by Caseytappy (2199 posts) -

Your topic is highly original !

Try the 2600 .

#4 Posted by kritin_Kapoor (25 posts) -
First person shooters(Cod Mw2 is on my computer) Strategy, I played civ 4 for quite a long time, & Racing sports like NFS Hot Pursuit.
#5 Posted by kritin_Kapoor (25 posts) -
I'm new okay, so.... I'd be grateful if you just helped me out.
#6 Posted by Arach666 (23254 posts) -
[QUOTE="kritin_Kapoor"]First person shooters(Cod Mw2 is on my computer) Strategy, I played civ 4 for quite a long time, & Racing sports like NFS Hot Pursuit.

With that description either the PS3 or the 360 will do it for you. It seems that the PS3 is getting some significantly better treatment in the exclusives department,so that may be your best bet.
#8 Posted by kritin_Kapoor (25 posts) -
[QUOTE="Arach666"][QUOTE="kritin_Kapoor"]First person shooters(Cod Mw2 is on my computer) Strategy, I played civ 4 for quite a long time, & Racing sports like NFS Hot Pursuit.

With that description either the PS3 or the 360 will do it for you. It seems that the PS3 is getting some significantly better treatment in the exclusives department,so that may be your best bet.

Exclusives Dept? What do you mean? Also, does this put the wii out of the equation? :O
#9 Posted by KBFloYd (19436 posts) -

[QUOTE="Arach666"][QUOTE="kritin_Kapoor"]First person shooters(Cod Mw2 is on my computer) Strategy, I played civ 4 for quite a long time, & Racing sports like NFS Hot Pursuit.kritin_Kapoor

Exclusives Dept? What do you mean? Also, does this put the wii out of the equation? :O

yes wii..you have either love smash bros, zelda, metroid, or mario...it is also very fun at parties and playing with your whole family.even grandma

but if you dont care about any of those...then the 360 or ps3 is better because the graphics and stuff are way better than wii..

hardcore gamer ps3 360.. gamer that likes to have fun and unique experiences-wii.

#10 Posted by Arach666 (23254 posts) -

[QUOTE="Arach666"][QUOTE="kritin_Kapoor"]First person shooters(Cod Mw2 is on my computer) Strategy, I played civ 4 for quite a long time, & Racing sports like NFS Hot Pursuit.kritin_Kapoor

I mean that the PS3 is getting much more quality exclusives than the 360 lately,and that seems to be they way it goes until the end of the year. So,at least this year,unless you really want to play Gears 3 and Forza 4,there´s not much else going on on the 360(aside from kinect games).

Yeah,the Wii is kinda out of the question if you want good FPS´s and all those multiplat sports and racing games you mentioned.

For the strategy games,your only bet is the PC.

#11 Posted by waltefmoney (18030 posts) -

Exclusives Dept? What do you mean? Also, does this put the wii out of the equation? :Okritin_Kapoor

Pretty much. The Wii isn't at the level of the 360/PS3 when it comes to shooters and racers. I think it's better in the strategy department, though.

#12 Posted by JediMindTrip (98 posts) -
Playstation 3........it's got blu-ray.
#13 Posted by charizard1605 (82666 posts) -
I suggest the Xbox 360. It gets loads of great shooters, and in my experience, has a better online community (which I think is something that matters to you if you're into shooters). Same with racers and sports games... the Xbox usually gets the better version, and online support is better in the 360 version. Two things, though: you need to pay to use the Xbox 360's online features, and the Xbox hasn't been getting much exclusives, so if you're into those, I suggest looking into the PS3. And whereas the PC remains the ultimate in strategy games, if you're looking at consoles, the Wii is significantly better than the other two for strategy games, although it's still nothing to write home about. Try looking into a DS, now that has a great strategy games library, and it's only $99.
#14 Posted by hippiesanta (10299 posts) -
[QUOTE="kritin_Kapoor"]I'm wanting to purchase a gaming console. Which one should i go for out of the ps3, 360 or wii? . . . Ill prefer the conventional handheld controllers and not the move/kinect stuff. Also a great selection of good quality games is preferable. I already have a 32inch led bravia. Btw i live in India Thanks!

You say You have BRAVIA...... it means that nintendo wii is out of the question because it does not support HDTV......also, I believe many people in india or asia in particular are not stick into 1 genre example First-Person-Shooter..... means that xbox 360 is also out of the question....... my pick for you is... ta-da....PS3...because it does everything
#15 Posted by AmnesiaHaze (5685 posts) -

I'm wanting to purchase a gaming console. Which one should i go for out of the ps3, 360 or wii? . . . Ill prefer the conventional handheld controllers and not the move/kinect stuff. Also a great selection of good quality games is preferable. I already have a 32inch led bravia. Btw i live in India Thanks!kritin_Kapoor
go to the store and try each , if youre still not sure then buy the two you like most , in case you still cant decide then get all of them

#16 Posted by razgriz_101 (16875 posts) -

Pure gaming-360

tech-PS3

Novelty-Wii

Personally think i've churned out more gaming time on my 360 in the past 7 months of ownership than i have out of 3 years of PS3/Wii ownership.

PS3 and 360 share a lot of games and it does come down to the nitty gritty what exclusives you prefer.

#17 Posted by kritin_Kapoor (25 posts) -
TY! I most probably will go for the ps3. One last thing.... what games should i purchase? I will be buying Black ops and hot pursuit definately, but other than that...which ones in the above genres?
#18 Posted by razgriz_101 (16875 posts) -

TY! I most probably will go for the ps3. One last thing.... what games should i purchase? I will be buying Black ops and hot pursuit definately, but other than that...which ones in the above genres?kritin_Kapoor

GT5 might be worth a quick lookover along with Killzone 2 and 3 which are both good no matter how SW dresses it up they are all more than enjoyable games.

Also burnout paradise,CoD4 (much better than Bo and a ton cheaper).

#19 Posted by 7suarez7 (121 posts) -
#20 Posted by kritin_Kapoor (25 posts) -
Cod 4? Which one is that? Is it MW2? I'm pretty sure World At War is cod5, right?