PS3 + Wii = 360 + 7 years XBL gold

This topic is locked from further discussion.

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#51 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

Why is it that the people who have such a problem with XBL fees seem to be the same people that don't pay for the service in the first place ?

Crazy place this SW but we appreciate your concern over the way we spend our money :o no really. :P

SecretPolice

I have a Problem paying for access of the Internet on my Xbox.

Xbox Live Gold does nothing that should garner a Purchase for it except for Access of Online so I could watch Netflix, ESPN, or play Halo or whatever Online.

Gold is litterally just giving Microsoft Money.

If you don't, well no Call of Duty Multiplayer for you. sad times.

I pay for Xbox Live Gold, only because it's a Toll Booth to gain Total Access to the Xbox 360.

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#52 StormyJoe
Member since 2011 • 7806 Posts

[QUOTE="StormyJoe"]

[QUOTE="tormentos"] The PS3 had 1 year warranty,the xbox 360 was rise to 3 years almost 2 years after the problem appear,and YLOD wasn't even close to RROD.. You could even use PS2 head sets,could you do that on 360.? Socom head set work perfectly on PS3,and the one you got free was a wired one. Yes but they had motion and build in battery,the play and charge kit was $20 extra,360 controllers to this day still are to expensive,$50 dollars no rechargeable batteries and no motion,DS3 include motion,rumble and build in battery as cost $55,on 360 you need a play an charge kit is extra. But wait there is more.. The PS3 was blu-ray which was $1,000 on 2006,so when the 360 get the ad on for blu-ray.? Oh you got one a dead format for $200,which sky rocket the price of the xbox 360 to $600 dollars but without wifi,and without free online play those were $99 apart for something the even the wii had,and $50 for online play.. In the race of who god more screwed by who MS fans will always loose.danish-death

The cow is strong in this one...

He's right though :P When you look at things the PS3 actually included a lot of things back then. Sure it didn't come with rumble and that was a mistake. Sure the Xbox 360 was cheaper, but it didn't come with a built in wifie, BD or free online. I'm not saying the Xbox 360 is or was bad since you could get a new next gen consol for far less then the PS3, but the advantages of the PS3 was clear - you just had to pay for it. :-)

I am not saying that the PS3 didn't have a lot of value, because I would be full of crap if I did :P

But, when the PS3 launched, you were forced into buying all of that tech, which you didn't have to with the 360. Even today, 6 years later, blu-ray only accounts for 25% of video disc sales. To me, Sony pushed Blu-Ray on the consumer to win the format war, something I was not willing to accept. http://www.digital-digest.com/blog/DVDGuy/2012/05/09/blu-ray-the-state-of-play-may-2012/

Has Blu-Ray benefitted the PS3? Sure, but there isn't all that much difference between the PS3 and 360 in game visuals/sound/performance. And on the flip side, the slow read speed of the drive for the PS3 has made installing games on the PS3 a necessity for some titles.

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#55 PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30570 Posts

[QUOTE="SecretPolice"]

Why is it that the people who have such a problem with XBL fees seem to be the same people that don't pay for the service in the first place ?

Crazy place this SW but we appreciate your concern over the way we spend our money :o no really. :P

sts106mat

thats the way it always has been, butthurt cows everywhere, trying to convince happy 360 owners that they are being ripped off, whilst at the same time defending the removal of backward compatibility, removal of rumble from controllers and HD revamps of PS2 games they should still be able to play on the ps3.

So true lol Cows are more obsessed about the 360, than lems. I'm sure that, most 360 owners have been having an awesome gen. At least i have very few complains!

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60712 Posts

[QUOTE="tenaka2"]

[QUOTE="sts106mat"]7 years of XBL Gold = worth it 7 years of cow tears = pricelesssts106mat

I dont think they should charge people for peer ro peer play, in my opinion it means that microsoft have managed to both sell and rent hardware at the same time.

nobody forces anyone to buy a 360, If you buy one you are going to pay for XBL Gold if you want to play online

That is bad enough, but why do you need gold for movie/music applications? I shouldn't need Gold to watch Netflix. VUDU or enjoy the music apps, that's just plain stupid and it's free to do on the PS3 and even the Wii for Christ sakes. It's why I don't have Gold anymore.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Heil68
[QUOTE="Stevo_the_gamer"]That's a lot. I'm scared to see how much I've spent on my large library of games. 0.0sts106mat
with one online retailer, just on games alone in about 3 years i have spent over £1000.00 i was stunned.

I thought you said you were done, like in the first post of this thread? :P
themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#60 themajormayor
Member since 2011 • 25729 Posts

[QUOTE="themajormayor"]The 360 is officially the worst AND most expensive console PAL360

Worst is subjective, but 360 is also officially the console with the most games. You know, what actually matters when you get a gaming console.

Proof?
tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts
I am not saying that the PS3 didn't have a lot of value, because I would be full of crap if I did :P

But, when the PS3 launched, you were forced into buying all of that tech, which you didn't have to with the 360. Even today, 6 years later, blu-ray only accounts for 25% of video disc sales. To me, Sony pushed Blu-Ray on the consumer to win the format war, something I was not willing to accept. http://www.digital-digest.com/blog/DVDGuy/2012/05/09/blu-ray-the-state-of-play-may-2012/

Has Blu-Ray benefitted the PS3? Sure, but there isn't all that much difference between the PS3 and 360 in game visuals/sound/performance. And on the flip side, the slow read speed of the drive for the PS3 has made installing games on the PS3 a necessity for some titles.

StormyJoe
Really so you were not force to buy all the tech inside the 360.? Wait it did have more advance technology than the original xbox which was retailing for $129 back then,so MS force you to pay $400 dollars for that tech.? Say that sony force you to buy something is a joke,the only thing you are force to buy is XBLG if you don't buy it you miss a complete part of your games. Kind of like RROD was force into 360 fans because MS decided to force the xbox 360 into us without even testing it.? The xbox 360 was more of a rush job than blu-ray was. Installing games are a minority,and after playing something like Uncharted 3 i don;t even know why the fu** other PS3games have install. Technology advance always that is how it is,many like you claimed that sony forced DVD on us and that CD were fine,sony helped the DVD movement like not other device on this planet,the same is doing with Blu-ray. Hell DVD had it the easy way,back on 1997 there was only 1 standard and basically no one else,VHS when Blu-ray started digital streaming was alive,alto very small,and DVD was a huge standard to beat,in fact now Blu-ray keeps growing,while fighting with DDL,streaming,and DVD and still is able to grow,and keep growing each year,and when the 720 launch with blu-ray and the PS4 it will grow even more.
danish-death

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#64 danish-death
Member since 2004 • 5314 Posts

[QUOTE="SecretPolice"]

sts106mat

thats the way it always has been, butthurt cows everywhere, trying to convince happy 360 owners that they are being ripped off, whilst at the same time defending the removal of backward compatibility, removal of rumble from controllers and HD revamps of PS2 games they should still be able to play on the ps3.

Bwahahhaha you sir, is a master at making cows looking worse than they are.

• Removing BC was lame, yes. No arguing there and I don't believe anybody are. This isn't 2007/2008 anymore.
  • Removal of rumble was dumb, but they changed that. The missing rumble wasn't a game changer though and certainly is in no way or shape ownage material in 2012.
  • Using PS2 HD revamps as ownage is just odd. You already mentioned no BC (semi understandable) and now you're going to dubble dib and mention the HD ports? That's just silleh. I mean, not only are they're optional, but we're still seeing exclusive retail and PSN titles for the PS3. It's not like Sony suddenly stopped production of new games. Besides, if the whole PS2 issue is too much to handle you can get one off ebay for a little as $20 + we're also seeing some of these titles on the Xbox 360, in fact I believe ZoE HD collection is about to release on both platforms?

To summerize: BC removal lame, yes. Rumble was in reality not that big a deal and HD ports isn't an issue to anyone - certainly not a rip-off.

Instead having to pay money to play online is in any way you want to look at it. I don't care that people do. I didn't make the thread about this. People can do whatever they want with their money for all I care, as long as I get to keep my opinion. :)

Avatar image for blue_hazy_basic
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 30854 Posts
Hmmmm a cow who actually has some friends buys a PS3 at launch..... New PS3 $600 buy 3 new controllers at launch for PS3 $150 forced to buy 4 more after Sony decides rumble isn't last gen after all $200 Buys Move and a some controllers $200 ... gets discontinued after a year PS+ for 2 years $100 The true cost of a PS3 and milkage of a cow .... $1250 and a bunch of worthless controllers and some lost games :o
Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 Heil68

[QUOTE="Heil68"][QUOTE="sts106mat"] nobody forces anyone to buy a 360, If you buy one you are going to pay for XBL Gold if you want to play onlinests106mat

That is bad enough, but why do you need gold for movie/music applications? I should need Gold to watch Netflix. VUDU or enjoy the music apps, that's just plain stupid and it's free to do on the PS3 and even the Wii for Christ sakes. It's why I don't have Gold anymore.

i agree, they should be free, I'd rather all of XBL was free of course. those "benefits" are a joke to me, nobody is paying XBL to get access to twitter FFS, they just use them to flower it up.

that said i still think the likes of halo justify the fee alone to me. also because we are paying there is much more incentive to keep xbox live running smoothly, updated quickly with patches and adding new features as and when. all that stuff happens.

its also super simple to report any griefers, send voice messages, mute idiots, join friends games etc, keep together when going from one game to another.

If everything was free there would be less onus on MS to get things working right.

Well I haven't had Gold in almost a year and I haven't missed it.
rjdofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 rjdofu
Member since 2008 • 9171 Posts

SecretPolice
... :| they don't pay because they have problem with XBL fees.
Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 Heil68
[QUOTE="blue_hazy_basic"]Hmmmm a cow who actually has some friends buys a PS3 at launch..... New PS3 $600 buy 3 new controllers at launch for PS3 $150 forced to buy 4 more after Sony decides rumble isn't last gen after all $200 Buys Move and a some controllers $200 ... gets discontinued after a year PS+ for 2 years $100 The true cost of a PS3 and milkage of a cow .... $1250 and a bunch of worthless controllers and some lost games :o

Move is discontinued? :o
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
[QUOTE="Heil68"][QUOTE="blue_hazy_basic"]Hmmmm a cow who actually has some friends buys a PS3 at launch..... New PS3 $600 buy 3 new controllers at launch for PS3 $150 forced to buy 4 more after Sony decides rumble isn't last gen after all $200 Buys Move and a some controllers $200 ... gets discontinued after a year PS+ for 2 years $100 The true cost of a PS3 and milkage of a cow .... $1250 and a bunch of worthless controllers and some lost games :o

In all but name, what dedicated move games have there been? Its such a sh!tter version of the wiimote with no support.
rjdofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 rjdofu
[QUOTE="blue_hazy_basic"]Hmmmm a cow who actually has some friends buys a PS3 at launch..... New PS3 $600 buy 3 new controllers at launch for PS3 $150 forced to buy 4 more after Sony decides rumble isn't last gen after all $200 Buys Move and a some controllers $200 ... gets discontinued after a year PS+ for 2 years $100 The true cost of a PS3 and milkage of a cow .... $1250 and a bunch of worthless controllers and some lost games :o

Then add a few controllers + kinect to that Xbox as well. There's a space between optional and being forced. Your reasons gear toward optional, XBL gear toward the opposite.
The_Game21x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#71 The_Game21x
Member since 2005 • 26440 Posts
I swear, Cows care more about my finances than my accountant... Gaming is an expensive hobby and I don't mind certain expenses as long as I find value in them.
SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44058 Posts

Hmmmm a cow who actually has some friends buys a PS3 at launch..... New PS3 $600 buy 3 new controllers at launch for PS3 $150 forced to buy 4 more after Sony decides rumble isn't last gen after all $200 Buys Move and a some controllers $200 ... gets discontinued after a year PS+ for 2 years $100 The true cost of a PS3 and milkage of a cow .... $1250 and a bunch of worthless controllers and some lost games :oblue_hazy_basic
Big Ouch :lol:

got_milk_cow2.jpg?w=500

blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
[QUOTE="rjdofu"][QUOTE="blue_hazy_basic"]Hmmmm a cow who actually has some friends buys a PS3 at launch..... New PS3 $600 buy 3 new controllers at launch for PS3 $150 forced to buy 4 more after Sony decides rumble isn't last gen after all $200 Buys Move and a some controllers $200 ... gets discontinued after a year PS+ for 2 years $100 The true cost of a PS3 and milkage of a cow .... $1250 and a bunch of worthless controllers and some lost games :o

Then add a few controllers + kinect to that Xbox as well. There's a space between optional and being forced. Your reasons gear toward optional, XBL gear toward the opposite.

So isn't XBL optional? :?
RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 RR360DD
Member since 2011 • 14099 Posts

Ive owned both the 360 and PS3 since pretty much launch, and despite being a diehard cow last gen (embarrassingly), 90% of my gametime is now on the 360.

First off, you're going off RRP prices for XBL. If you shop around you can get it much cheaper. Here in the UK, Live is supposed to cost £40 a year, yet I get my year codes for around £26. And yes, that £26 is easily worth it. Considering the majority of my multiplayer time is currently devoted to Battlefield 3, I could easily settle for PSN. But the service just isn't as robust as XBL, and I don't like settling for second best when I could be using something much better.

If people are happy to settle for a free service, thats fine. I enjoy a bit of luxury in my life, I don't have money issues that maybe other people have so I guess I'm lucky.

danish-death

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 danish-death
[QUOTE="blue_hazy_basic"][QUOTE="rjdofu"][QUOTE="blue_hazy_basic"]Hmmmm a cow who actually has some friends buys a PS3 at launch..... New PS3 $600 buy 3 new controllers at launch for PS3 $150 forced to buy 4 more after Sony decides rumble isn't last gen after all $200 Buys Move and a some controllers $200 ... gets discontinued after a year PS+ for 2 years $100 The true cost of a PS3 and milkage of a cow .... $1250 and a bunch of worthless controllers and some lost games :o

It sort of is. Buy a PS3/gaming PC or buy XBL in order to play CoD. It's much easier and cheaper to just pay the fee and play with your friends than to get a whole new gaming console and new online friends to play with. Not that I care much about this.
Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 Heil68
[QUOTE="blue_hazy_basic"][QUOTE="Heil68"][QUOTE="blue_hazy_basic"]Hmmmm a cow who actually has some friends buys a PS3 at launch..... New PS3 $600 buy 3 new controllers at launch for PS3 $150 forced to buy 4 more after Sony decides rumble isn't last gen after all $200 Buys Move and a some controllers $200 ... gets discontinued after a year PS+ for 2 years $100 The true cost of a PS3 and milkage of a cow .... $1250 and a bunch of worthless controllers and some lost games :o

In all but name, what dedicated move games have there been? Its such a sh!tter version of the wiimote with no support.

So you lied? Take off $200 from your post and PS3 has easily been worth 1k, plus with that you get 7 controllers? Damn, the PS3 is more value than I originally thought. I will use your matrix for future ownage. Thank you! I will buy PS4 at any price, you can god damn guarantee that brother. Day fuking 1. :D
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
[QUOTE="danish-death"][QUOTE="blue_hazy_basic"][QUOTE="rjdofu"] Then add a few controllers + kinect to that Xbox as well. There's a space between optional and being forced. Your reasons gear toward optional, XBL gear toward the opposite.

It sort of is. Buy a PS3/gaming PC or buy XBL in order to play CoD. It's much easier and cheaper to just pay the fee and play with your friends than to get a whole new gaming console and new online friends to play with. Not that I care much about this.

So if you want to play on the same console with friends doesn't that same thinking apply to the example I used?
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
[QUOTE="Heil68"][QUOTE="blue_hazy_basic"][QUOTE="Heil68"] Move is discontinued? :o

So you lied? Take off $200 from your post and PS3 has easily been wirht 1k, plus with that you get 7 controllers? Damn, the PS3 is more value than I orinally thought. I will use your matrix for future ownage. Thank you! I will buy PS4 at any price, you can god damn guarantee that brother. Day fuking 1.

lol Still stands but you can play Sourcery with your move controllers :D
Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 Heil68
[QUOTE="blue_hazy_basic"][QUOTE="Heil68"][QUOTE="blue_hazy_basic"] In all but name, what dedicated move games have there been? Its such a sh!tter version of the wiimote with no support.

So you lied? Take off $200 from your post and PS3 has easily been wirht 1k, plus with that you get 7 controllers? Damn, the PS3 is more value than I orinally thought. I will use your matrix for future ownage. Thank you! I will buy PS4 at any price, you can god damn guarantee that brother. Day fuking 1.

lol Still stands but you can play Sourcery with your move controllers :D

BUGGER!!!!!
tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 tormentos
[QUOTE="blue_hazy_basic"]Hmmmm a cow who actually has some friends buys a PS3 at launch..... New PS3 $600 buy 3 new controllers at launch for PS3 $150 forced to buy 4 more after Sony decides rumble isn't last gen after all $200 Buys Move and a some controllers $200 ... gets discontinued after a year PS+ for 2 years $100 --- Actually this is a + you will save like $1,000. The true cost of a PS3 and milkage of a cow .... $1250 and a bunch of worthless controllers and some lost games :o

Hahaha..lol New 360 $400. 7 years of XBL $370. HD-DVD $200. Wifi $100 4 controllers $200 4 play and charge kits $80 Kinect $150 . Grand total $1500....And you still have a dead format,and next year is another $60 dollars,remember next year is the 8th one...lol
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
[QUOTE="tormentos"][QUOTE="blue_hazy_basic"]Hmmmm a cow who actually has some friends buys a PS3 at launch..... New PS3 $600 buy 3 new controllers at launch for PS3 $150 forced to buy 4 more after Sony decides rumble isn't last gen after all $200 Buys Move and a some controllers $200 ... gets discontinued after a year PS+ for 2 years $100 --- Actually this is a + you will save like $1,000. The true cost of a PS3 and milkage of a cow .... $1250 and a bunch of worthless controllers and some lost games :o

Hahaha..lol New 360 $400. 7 years of XBL $370. HD-DVD $200. Wifi $100 4 controllers $200 4 play and charge kits $80 Kinect $150 . Grand total $1500....And you still have a dead format,and next year is another $60 dollars,remember next year is the 8th one...lol

So if its a dead format next year, then thats 2 more years of value over the PS3 which came out a year later and will be dead for an extra year! :o Milkage of the cows confirmed!
tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 tormentos
[QUOTE="blue_hazy_basic"] In all but name, what dedicated move games have there been? Its such a sh!tter version of the wiimote with no support.

But wasn't wonder book going to release.?
tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 tormentos
[QUOTE="blue_hazy_basic"] So if its a dead format next year, then thats 2 more years of value over the PS3 which came out a year later and will be dead for an extra year! :o Milkage of the cows confirmed!

No the dead format is the $200 360 fans pay for HD-DVD..lol
rjdofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 rjdofu
[QUOTE="blue_hazy_basic"][QUOTE="rjdofu"][QUOTE="blue_hazy_basic"]Hmmmm a cow who actually has some friends buys a PS3 at launch..... New PS3 $600 buy 3 new controllers at launch for PS3 $150 forced to buy 4 more after Sony decides rumble isn't last gen after all $200 Buys Move and a some controllers $200 ... gets discontinued after a year PS+ for 2 years $100 The true cost of a PS3 and milkage of a cow .... $1250 and a bunch of worthless controllers and some lost games :o

As I said, it's the mid line. No XBL, you lose a part of a game; but if you're SP only, that's fine; but don't even think about any service without XBL. No PSN+, you lose nothing.
OhSnapitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 OhSnapitz
Member since 2002 • 19282 Posts
[QUOTE="tormentos"][QUOTE="OhSnapitz"] So you don't pay an ISP or have a phone contract? :|

ISP = Never free..................................... Phoen contract = never free.......................... This is the analogy that really make me laugh,when desperate fans try to compare xbox live charge with ISP or phone contracts...Samsung doesn't charge me for online access of service,Sprint does that,but since when phone services had been free.? Wait there is more when have ISP give free internet access.? See you will have an argument here,if AT&T,Sprint,T-mobile,Virgin,and pretty much any company gave free internet access,or free phone services and just Verizon charged people. See if the ISP industry and cell phone industry was like this,you have a point but since every one charge for Internet and phone services you don't have one. Online play = free on all gaming platforms,PC,console,tablets,cellphones but on xbox 360. ISP and cell phone services = not free any were on this planet.

Sooo.. you said all that to say you can't access netflix for free. gotcha.
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
[QUOTE="rjdofu"][QUOTE="blue_hazy_basic"][QUOTE="rjdofu"] Then add a few controllers + kinect to that Xbox as well. There's a space between optional and being forced. Your reasons gear toward optional, XBL gear toward the opposite.

As I said, it's the mid line. No XBL, you lose a part of a game; but if you're SP only, that's fine; but don't even think about any service without XBL. No PSN+, you lose nothing.

unless you bought the console to play with friends and family in the same room ... anyway I'm not really being serious just pointing out the ridiculouness of the OP
tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 tormentos
[QUOTE="sts106mat"] thats an augmented reality game, not move, it uses pseye or whatever its called.

""Sony wants to make reading a little more magical with Wonderbooks, a new augmented reality feature for the PlayStation 3 Move."" ""Throughout the book a disembodied voice read players the histories of spells and how to cast them, such as the Incendio fire spell. The Wonderbook presented readers with a puppet show that sprang from its pages, explaining how the fire spell first originated. Players then used the Move controller to draw a glyph on the screen,"" http://www.gamesradar.com/sony-spellbind-readers-wonderbooks/ It uses move dude move is the camera and controller and it use both...
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
[QUOTE="tormentos"][QUOTE="blue_hazy_basic"] In all but name, what dedicated move games have there been? Its such a sh!tter version of the wiimote with no support.

But wasn't wonder book going to release.?

You're right I forgot about that! As tormentos rightfully points out we need to add wonderbook on to the milkage price of the PS3! Good call Eltormo! ;)
danish-death

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 danish-death

[QUOTE="danish-death"]

[QUOTE="sts106mat"] thats the way it always has been, butthurt cows everywhere, trying to convince happy 360 owners that they are being ripped off, whilst at the same time defending the removal of backward compatibility, removal of rumble from controllers and HD revamps of PS2 games they should still be able to play on the ps3.sts106mat

Bwahahhaha you sir, is a master at making cows looking worse than they are.

• Removing BC was lame, yes. No arguing there and I don't believe anybody are. This isn't 2007/2008 anymore.
  • Removal of rumble was dumb, but they changed that. The missing rumble wasn't a game changer though and certainly is in no way or shape ownage material in 2012.
  • Using PS2 HD revamps as ownage is just odd. You already mentioned no BC (semi understandable) and now you're going to dubble dib and mention the HD ports? That's just silleh. I mean, not only are they're optional, but we're still seeing exclusive retail and PSN titles for the PS3. It's not like Sony suddenly stopped production of new games. Besides, if the whole PS2 issue is too much to handle you can get one off ebay for a little as $20 + we're also seeing some of these titles on the Xbox 360, in fact I believe ZoE HD collection is about to release on both platforms?

To summerize: BC removal lame, yes. Rumble was in reality not that big a deal and HD ports isn't an issue to anyone - certainly not a rip-off.

Instead having to pay money to play online is in any way you want to look at it. I don't care that people do. I didn't make the thread about this. People can do whatever they want with their money for all I care, as long as I get to keep my opinion. :)

quite a few cows dont need any help from me to look worse than they already do. just look at "not-very-Steady-Eddie-vedder" & themajormayor.

missing rumble not a game changer, but if you were here at the time, you will remember all the cows saying "rumble is last gen, six axis is the future", so thats why they get laughed at.

Yes the double dip with the HD revamps, not really a rip-off, but to remove the feature and do what they did i think is a bit of a scam, once sony figured out they could up-res and sell the same game again, they were all over it. now you are are also getting collections of ps2 ps3 games revamped like killzone collection, god of war (has how many collections), so its actually a triple dip.

Back in 2006 I was a computer gamer and 2007 and I was an Xbox 360 owner so I didn't care much for missing rumble (I'm a member since 2004 so yes I was around) although yeah, pathethic things have been said, but that's in the past. There's no need to dig up RROD, Lair, sixaxis or how sh1tty PSn was when it first launched. Anyway I believe we have different opinions about HD remakes and re-releases. As I said - it's not as if we're seeing less exclusives on the PS3. If that was the case, if Sony started to release less new exclusives, and instead focus on PS2 HD ports and PS3 re-releases/collections then yes, I would agree it would be a problem. With that said I can also easily see your point. They removed BC and went all willy-nilly, but as I said we have different opinions

*EDIT*

I do agree with how some cows need help though :)

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 tormentos
[QUOTE="OhSnapitz"] Sooo.. you said all that to say you can't access netflix for free. gotcha.

Quote me saying you can access netflix for free,netflix charge you for streaming movies... Netflix on PS3. You pay ISP and nteflix. Netflix on PC. You pay ISP and netflix. Netflix on phones and tablets. You pay Cell phone companies and netflix. Netflix on xbox 360.........:lol: You pay ISP,you pay netflix and you have to pay for live gold.....If you are not a gold member you can't use netflix...even if you have netflix and internet...:lol: Nice spin dude....
danish-death

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 danish-death
[QUOTE="blue_hazy_basic"][QUOTE="danish-death"][QUOTE="blue_hazy_basic"] So isn't XBL optional? :?

So if you want to play on the same console with friends doesn't that same thinking apply to the example I used?

I'm sorry, what example?
delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#97 delta3074
Member since 2007 • 20003 Posts
i have only had live about 2 years now ,i bought a 360 with a HDD, wi-fi is not nessecary for me and i didn't have to fork out for a HDMI cable so 280 quid for my 360, 80 quid for live for 2 years=360 quid, Ps3 at launch=425 quid so by choosing a 360 over the Ps3 i saved myself 65 quid, you see it's not as cut and dry as SONY idiot fanboys would have you think, it's all down to personal preference and with XBL only having 30 million active online users that means at least half of 360 owners don't play online and apppear to be quite happy about it, you see in the real world people are different and there is no one formula that applys to everyone, bottom line is that the Xbox 360 is the cheapest 'out of the box' game console for people who choose not to play online,if you choose to play online it may be more expensive in the long run but thats a skewed way of looking at things because the cost is spread over time.
Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#98 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49568 Posts
[QUOTE="Stevo_the_gamer"]That's a lot. I'm scared to see how much I've spent on my large library of games. 0.0sts106mat
with one online retailer, just on games alone in about 3 years i have spent over £1000.00 i was stunned.

Sounds probably similar to my spending in the past three years, ignoring hardware purchases which alone would shoot it to twice that. Gaming is quite the expensive hobby... something my fiance readily continues to point out. Oh well.
tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 tormentos
[QUOTE="blue_hazy_basic"] You're right I forgot about that! As tormentos rightfully points out we need to add wonderbook on to the milkage price of the PS3! Good call Eltormo! ;)

Wonder book is a game just like Halo dude now you will count games to..lol Please don't go there or should i add Halo ODST expansion for $60 dollars.?
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
[QUOTE="tormentos"][QUOTE="blue_hazy_basic"] You're right I forgot about that! As tormentos rightfully points out we need to add wonderbook on to the milkage price of the PS3! Good call Eltormo! ;)

Wonder book is a game just like Halo dude now you will count games to..lol Please don't go there or should i add Halo ODST expansion for $60 dollars.?

Well PS3 has no games, so thats hardly fair ....