PS3 MMO Confirmed: The Agency

This topic is locked from further discussion.

gmastersexay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 gmastersexay
Member since 2003 • 3831 Posts

The rumor now has been confirmed.

http://kotaku.com/gaming/top/ps3-mmo-confirmed-266098.php

Eddie-Vedder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Eddie-Vedder
Member since 2003 • 7810 Posts
This sounds very interesting =) A spy mmo with betrayals on so on. sounds cool. Is it being published by sony?
gmastersexay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 gmastersexay
Member since 2003 • 3831 Posts

This sounds very interesting =) A spy mmo with betrayals on so on. sounds cool. Is it being published by sony?Eddie-Vedder

Yes, SOE.

Avatar image for XenogearsMaster
XenogearsMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 XenogearsMaster
Member since 2007 • 3175 Posts
I like the concept. I'm going to solve cases in MMO.
Avatar image for Runningflame570
Runningflame570

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 Runningflame570
Member since 2005 • 10388 Posts
I've known about this for a little while as I subscribe to PSM (mainly because its dirt cheap), it could certainly wind up interesting although this IS SOE we are talking about.
JiveT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 JiveT
Member since 2005 • 8619 Posts
Sounds overly ambitious. Suspect everyone of being a spy!
snorlaxmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#7 snorlaxmaster
Member since 2005 • 1490 Posts
This will prove that the PS3 can handle a robust onling world (as does Home.) I can't wait for the announcement of more MMOs down the line! (MAYBE WORLD OF WARCRAFT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts

This will prove that the PS3 can handle a robust onling world (as does Home.) I can't wait for the announcement of more MMOs down the line! (MAYBE WORLD OF WARCRAFT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)snorlaxmaster

the ps3 already had an MMO announced before this. 

mavven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

#9 mavven
Member since 2005 • 560 Posts
At least is on PS3 and not on PC
Runningflame570

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Runningflame570

This will prove that the PS3 can handle a robust onling world (as does Home.) I can't wait for the announcement of more MMOs down the line! (MAYBE WORLD OF WARCRAFT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)snorlaxmaster

Screw WoW, I want Sony to get Guild Wars 2 on PS3. What I want to know right now is how they are going to use Home for The Agency. 

Vandalvideo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#11 Vandalvideo
Member since 2003 • 39655 Posts
Don't hype SOE mmos. Bad idea.
lordseer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 lordseer
Member since 2004 • 4671 Posts

[QUOTE="snorlaxmaster"]This will prove that the PS3 can handle a robust onling world (as does Home.) I can't wait for the announcement of more MMOs down the line! (MAYBE WORLD OF WARCRAFT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)Runningflame570

Screw WoW, I want Sony to get Guild Wars 2 on PS3. What I want to know right now is how they are going to use Home for The Agency. 

I hated Guild wars casting and attack procedure.  Having to stand still to cast attacks was horrible to me.  Wow is so much more fluid (animations / gameplay) and so creative with ingame functions like Rage and energy to power attacks. 

Best MMO ever would be Guild wars structure (quick leveling) and PVP system in combination with Wow's gameplay, design (graphically), and story.

Grive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Grive
Member since 2006 • 2971 Posts

Sounds overly ambitious. Suspect everyone of being a spy! JiveT

That'd be my worry.

Still, sounds like a cool concept. If SOE does manage to pull it off, then it will be one heck of a good exclusive. Count me quite interested. 

Runningflame570

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Runningflame570

I hated Guild wars casting and attack procedure. Having to stand still to cast attacks was horrible to me. Wow is so much more fluid (animations / gameplay) and so creative with ingame functions like Rage and energy to power attacks.

Best MMO ever would be Guild wars structure (quick leveling) and PVP system in combination with Wow's gameplay, design (graphically), and story.

lordseer

Well I disagree, although I understand some of the criticisms I think that the skill system is amazing and that it offers better balance. Also I preferr the artistic style and really appreciate that they aren't charging subscription fees. Lastly I REALLY enjoy Faction Battles, so much so thats mostly what I do now.

Guild Wars 2 is supposed to offer much of the mobility that WoW provides and a instanced/non-instanced world map so that you can see and interact with others on the map but have instanced quests and mission events. The game is also supposed to dynamically change itself (as in, long-term effects upon storyline, gameplay paths, ect) with the results of different missions and quests. 

Guild Wars 2 sounds like the ideal game for me, but I strongly doubt I would buy a Vista PC to play it. THATS why I want it on PS3 because I know I'll buy a PS3 eventually.