PS3 is the Muhammad Ali of this gen.

• 64 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

oldskooler79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 oldskooler79
Member since 2004 • 1632 Posts

Let me put things into perspective for the lemmings and sheep...

Muhammad Ali was the greatest, as in PSX and PS2. But we all know that he hit some bumps in the road. By this I mean refusing to be inducted into the armed services, stripped of his championship title, and losing the 'fight of the century' against Joe Frazier.

PS3 is currently losing it's ground. But considering it launched a year after X360 and went up against a much cheaper console, it's not doing that bad. Plus, with very limited Playstation franchises and exclusives, not bad at all. But Sony can't dance with the competition at the current pace forever...much like Ali knowing he couldn't dance with Foreman through the whole fight to put him back on the spot.

Ali invented 'The Rope-A-Dope' strategy that allowed Foreman to pound on him until Foreman tired. In the eight round, Ali came off the ropes and scored a shocking knockout! Ali was the king again. Sony has many tricks up it's sleeve. By this I mean powerhouse titles that simply can't be ignored by the gaming community. It's not a matter of if, but when, Sony will deliver the TKO. This gen is only 2 years underway, with possibly over 100 million gamer still on the fence.

Ali as you know had the biggest mouth of them all. If Ali were a video game console, he'd definately claim 1080p @ 120fps, dual hdmi and 4d graphics. But what mattered in the end? He delivered. Simple as that.

All hail the greatest console of this gen...

ps3

and all hail the greatest of all time!

ali

Prid3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#2 Prid3r
Member since 2004 • 8643 Posts
comparing ali to a failure ...... THE HELL YOU THINKING :evil:
mingo123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 mingo123
Member since 2007 • 9005 Posts
PS1 and 2 are Mohammed Ali at its peak.....PS3 is what Mohammed Ali is now, nothing
KingOfKonging

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 KingOfKonging
Member since 2007 • 1233 Posts

I thought it was already established that the PS3 is the George Foreman [grill] of this generation.

Big_Gamer_Al

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Big_Gamer_Al
Member since 2007 • 408 Posts
The PS3 has parkinson's?
mingo123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 mingo123

ps3 suks ali suks, boxing suks, and you suk.amorbis1001

and you phail

DeadMan1290

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#8 DeadMan1290
Member since 2005 • 15752 Posts

The PS3 has parkinson's?Big_Gamer_Al

:lol: lol....But seriously comparing PS3 to Ali?:roll:

Franky-the-bat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Franky-the-bat
Member since 2006 • 977 Posts

ps3 suks ali suks, boxing suks, and you suk.amorbis1001

Foreman Vs Lyle disagee.

Avatar image for Vyse_The_Daring
Vyse_The_Daring

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Vyse_The_Daring
Member since 2003 • 5318 Posts
Are you implying that the PS3 will deliver 120 FPS, dual HDMI and 4D graphics. :|
fixer293

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#11 fixer293
Member since 2003 • 4770 Posts

Dude, the PS3 is in a terrible conundrum as of late, there is no reason to try and spin it, just deal widit.

Vandalvideo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#12 Vandalvideo
Member since 2003 • 39655 Posts
You mean old and decrepit?
dipper145

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13 dipper145
Member since 2007 • 1425 Posts

if by ps3 is the muhammed ali of this gen, you mean ps3 is the failure of this gen, then yes, you are right. otherwise, no you are wrong. I don't even know how you could even draw this conclusion, your thinking astounds me.

oldskooler79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 oldskooler79

comparing ali to a failure ...... THE HELL YOU THINKING :evil:Prid3r

Ali won the crown 3 times. Count em.. 1, 2, and now. PS3 is bound to win current gen if nothing else. I used Foreman as an example of his comeback. What are you thinking?

shiram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 shiram
Member since 2005 • 672 Posts

another comparison thread? really?
besides comparing a game system to a boxer/car/singer/trout doesnt do anything
is even worst than apples to oranges..

RahnAetas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 RahnAetas
Member since 2003 • 1834 Posts
And the Wii is the Little Mac of Punch Out. Now that's an analogy that fits.
NikoBellic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 NikoBellic
Member since 2007 • 310 Posts
so, where are the 4D Graphics? do i have to enter a code to unlock them or something?
BitterExtract

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 BitterExtract
Member since 2007 • 102 Posts

360 is Rocky then.

oldskooler79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 oldskooler79

Are you implying that the PS3 will deliver 120 FPS, dual HDMI and 4D graphics. :|Vyse_The_Daring

No. Go back and read the last paragraph again.

mingo123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 mingo123

[QUOTE="Prid3r"]comparing ali to a failure ...... THE HELL YOU THINKING :evil:oldskooler79

Ali won the crown 3 times. Count em.. 1, 2, and now. PS3 is bound to win current gen if nothing else. I used Foreman as an example of his comeback. What are you thinking?

a true gamer would see ps3 as a flop compared to Wii and Xbox 360 no matter how much it sells

Avatar image for GunSmith1_basic
GunSmith1_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#21 GunSmith1_basic
Member since 2002 • 10548 Posts

didn't foreman recently accuse the people who organized the rumble in the jungle of putting something in his water bottle before what ended up being the last round?

wait, i found a link, http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/boxing/news/story?id=2878507

Vandalvideo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#22 Vandalvideo
Member since 2003 • 39655 Posts
[QUOTE="oldskooler79"]

[QUOTE="Prid3r"]comparing ali to a failure ...... THE HELL YOU THINKING :evil:mingo123

a true gamer would see ps3 as a flop compared to Wii and Xbox 360 no matter how much it sells

A "true gamer" would play the PS3 and like it for what it is, not rant and rave about OMG TEH FLOPS.
Eponique

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#23 Eponique
Member since 2007 • 17918 Posts

The PS3 has parkinson's?Big_Gamer_Al

Thread is saved.

Palax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Palax
Member since 2003 • 2399 Posts
PS3 is more like Mike Tyson......A total embarassment
oldskooler79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 oldskooler79
[QUOTE="oldskooler79"]

[QUOTE="Prid3r"]comparing ali to a failure ...... THE HELL YOU THINKING :evil:mingo123

Okay I'll agree with you in the current state it's a flop. All crystal balls aside, none of us know who will come out on top by next gen. I simply posted my prediction, based on history and the sheer amount of possible games in the future for the platforms.

edit- Not just total amount, but rather the specific games for each platform respectively. This, and based on the fact that PS3 is selling at a similar pace as 360 was this time last year with not many games. Tack on the Wii is leaving both in the dust now, and when I imagine the steam will run out for it. The Wii truely is remarkable, but I'm still thinking long term.

neogeo419

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 neogeo419
Member since 2006 • 1474 Posts
Marciano would have pwned Ali if they were in the same era. So I guess that makes 360 Marciano atm.
fixer293

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#27 fixer293
Member since 2003 • 4770 Posts
Let me compare the PS3 the right way, it is a lot like a Freak show carny, He promises things you've never seen before, takes your money, and leaves you disappointed at the horrendously lame attempts at the noted freaks.
Big_Gamer_Al

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Big_Gamer_Al
Muhammad Ali should be in prison for dodging Nam, what makes him more special than the 50,000 that died?
covhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 covhunter
Member since 2004 • 946 Posts
[QUOTE="mingo123"][QUOTE="oldskooler79"]

[QUOTE="Prid3r"]comparing ali to a failure ...... THE HELL YOU THINKING :evil:oldskooler79

Okay I'll agree with you in the current state it's a flop. All crystal balls aside, none of us know who will come out on top by next gen. I simply posted my prediction, based on history and the sheer amount of possible games in the future for the platforms.

Again with the history repeats itself theory. People who say this seem to forget that Nintendo's 1st 2 consoles were successful yet the N64 flopped, hard. Sega had 2 relatively successful consoles, then came the Saturn and we all know what happened with that. If history repeats itself like fanboys like to predict then the PS3 would have disappeared off the map by now.

3picuri3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 3picuri3
Member since 2006 • 9618 Posts
too bad it's the muhammad ali of today and not the one that 'floats like a butterfly, stings like a bee'.
neogeo419

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 neogeo419
Muhammad Ali should be in prison for dodging Nam, what makes him more special than the 50,000 that died?Big_Gamer_Al
That is my beef with him also.
Franky-the-bat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Franky-the-bat

Marciano would have pwned Ali if they were in the same era. So I guess that makes 360 Marciano atm.neogeo419

Na, Marciano never fought in the greatest era of boxing, who did he fight? An old Joe Louis, Old Walcott, He couldn't of got near the quickness technical boxer of all time etc.

Ali/Clay fought the greatest, that's what makes him so special.

FrozenLiquid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#33 FrozenLiquid
Member since 2007 • 13555 Posts

And the 360 is Pele.

He's scoring so many goals, so much so the competititon is playing dirty tactics against him.

:D I love this game.

FrozenLiquid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 FrozenLiquid

[QUOTE="Big_Gamer_Al"]Muhammad Ali should be in prison for dodging Nam, what makes him more special than the 50,000 that died?neogeo419

Fools.

He skipped 'Nam so that Fight Night would be available for us.

neogeo419

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 neogeo419

[QUOTE="neogeo419"]Marciano would have pwned Ali if they were in the same era. So I guess that makes 360 Marciano atm.Franky-the-bat

Na, Marciano never fought in the greatest era of boxing, who did he fight? An old Joe Louis, Old Walcott, He couldn't of got near the quickness technical boxer of all time etc.

Ahh, you are probably right. I just hate Ali with a passion. He dodged nam, and he is the blueprint for cocky arrogant sports stars today like T.O., Bonds, etc.
oldskooler79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 oldskooler79
[QUOTE="oldskooler79"][QUOTE="mingo123"][QUOTE="oldskooler79"]

[QUOTE="Prid3r"]comparing ali to a failure ...... THE HELL YOU THINKING :evil:covhunter

Again with the history repeats itself theory. People who say this seem to forget that Nintendo's 1st 2 consoles were successful yet the N64 flopped, hard. Sega had 2 relatively successful consoles, then came the Saturn and we all know what happened with that. If history repeats itself like fanboys like to predict then the PS3 would have disappeared off the map by now.

I think you mean Dreamcast. Sega lost due to their budget. We're talking about Sony here. Nintendo was still using a cartridge based console and needed more space. This is clearly not the problem with PS3. Sony built this thing for the future PLUS has the funds necessary to commit to it. Not only that, but the favor is in Blu-ray to win the format war. When this happens, the tides will turn even further. I'm not one to preach about Blu-ray, but it is something to consider.

Again, I'm speaking of long term. CD was long term. DVD was long term. Blu-ray is long term. Guess who used those formats?

StreetRodJack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 StreetRodJack
Member since 2007 • 79 Posts
PS3 is the Duane Bobick of this gen. All hype with a glass jaw.
AgentA-Mi6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#38 AgentA-Mi6
Member since 2006 • 16713 Posts
The Ps3 is indeed like Ali, It Rocks!
Big_Gamer_Al

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Big_Gamer_Al

[QUOTE="neogeo419"][QUOTE="Big_Gamer_Al"]Muhammad Ali should be in prison for dodging Nam, what makes him more special than the 50,000 that died?FrozenLiquid

Fools.

He skipped 'Nam so that Fight Night would be available for us.

Him and OJ are two scum bags that should be behind bars, if it was any of us that did what they did we would be behind bars or dead.

JB730

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 JB730
Member since 2004 • 3375 Posts

PS3 = Buster Douglas

Avatar image for GunSmith1_basic
GunSmith1_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#43 GunSmith1_basic
Member since 2002 • 10548 Posts

Again with the history repeats itself theory. People who say this seem to forget that Nintendo's 1st 2 consoles were successful yet the N64 flopped, hard. Sega had 2 relatively successful consoles, then came the Saturn and we all know what happened with that. If history repeats itself like fanboys like to predict then the PS3 would have disappeared off the map by now.covhunter

it still sold 30 million+ units (as much as the genesis). Sure it flopped in that nintendo lost their position in the industry, but nintendo had already lost much of that dominance to sega because of the genesis. The psone represented the culmination of the video game industry that was moving away from nintendo because of their arrogance in the NES days.

still 30 million+. If nintendo's story is riches to rags to riches, you have to admit the dark days weren't ever that bad. The saturn and the dreamcast sold about 10 million each.

FrozenLiquid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 FrozenLiquid
[QUOTE="Franky-the-bat"]

[QUOTE="neogeo419"][QUOTE="Big_Gamer_Al"]Muhammad Ali should be in prison for dodging Nam, what makes him more special than the 50,000 that died?Big_Gamer_Al

Are you 2 completely stupid? Why the hell would you fight for your country when you are treated worse than you enemy?

They had no right to ban him from boxing, its funny how all the yanks try to ignore that and now they praise him to high heaven.

Do some research, your ignorance fails.

You're a idiot

You may just get reported for that.

In any case, that's all you could come up with?

meetroid8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 meetroid8
Member since 2005 • 21152 Posts
Like you said TC its only 2 years in so there is still no way know if it will win or not. So far they have pulled off 1 AAAE and poor sales. Copared to amazing Wii sales and 2 possibly 3 AAAEs. The 360 has also had at least 3 AAAEs and fairly good sales.
Franky-the-bat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Franky-the-bat
[QUOTE="Franky-the-bat"]

[QUOTE="neogeo419"]Marciano would have pwned Ali if they were in the same era. So I guess that makes 360 Marciano atm.neogeo419

Ahh, you are probably right. I just hate Ali with a passion. He dodged nam, and he is the blueprint for cocky arrogant sports stars today like T.O., Bonds, etc.

The reason he was cocky was to draw money to get people to watch it, he use to put bums on seats, people would turn up to watch him get knocked out, but he was so good he could say those things and predict rounds he would knock his opponent out in.

It's like wrestling; you need a heel and a face to draw the crowd.

Nugtoka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Nugtoka
Member since 2003 • 1812 Posts
Its a travesty that you would even mention an champion like Aliwith an udder failure like the Ps3. Shame shame
Pajamasalad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Pajamasalad
Member since 2007 • 356 Posts

Playstation= Micheal Jackson

The playstation use to be popular then it didn't know what it was doing and changed away from something we loved.

neogeo419

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 neogeo419

[QUOTE="neogeo419"][QUOTE="Big_Gamer_Al"]Muhammad Ali should be in prison for dodging Nam, what makes him more special than the 50,000 that died?Franky-the-bat

Are you 2 completely stupid? Why the hell would you fight for your country when you are treated worse than you enemy?

They had no right to ban him from boxing, its funny how all the yanks try to ignore that and now they praise him to high heaven.

Do some research, your ignorance fails.

Not even American, but you know so much about our past. where are you from friend? I'm sure you live in a perfect country with no terrible past. You live here, you serve when your # is called just like the 54,000 that died(including an Uncle I never knew), no matter how you feel about it(yes I believe nam was wrong). Judging from Yank I guess you are British. Guess your country just always kept to themselves and treated everyone like the Scots, and India as equals:roll: