PS3 Gamers...

• 83 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Xx_Mystery_xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Xx_Mystery_xX
Member since 2010 • 277 Posts
...Have you ever wanted the series of Halo? I'm a PS3 gamer, and I did, at first, but then I heard it sucked, lol.
funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 funsohng
Member since 2005 • 29976 Posts
no. i want Kingdom Under Fire and Idolmaster tho
88mphSlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 88mphSlayer
Member since 2010 • 3201 Posts

last gen i only had a PS2 at first but really wanted to play Halo so i got rid of the ps2 and played Halo with a friend on his xbox instead

that's as close as i got to ur question

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#4 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

always wanted Halo and Gears

ElTriforceo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 ElTriforceo
Member since 2009 • 1130 Posts

No, I really could care less. I've played it, the controls are finicky and the gameplay is just a bit above average for an FPS, nothing special.

Regisland

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 Regisland
Member since 2009 • 2390 Posts

Wanted Halo 3 and Gears 1 and 2.....Got my 360,played them and they felt like crap.Specially Halo 3.

Didnt want ME and Fable 2...played and loved them.

urdead18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 urdead18
Member since 2008 • 3630 Posts

Not in the slightest. I'd like to have Gears 2, but I'd only rent it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b78379493e12
deactivated-5b78379493e12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#8 deactivated-5b78379493e12
Member since 2005 • 15625 Posts

I want Mass Effect, not Halo. I had an XBOX and played Halo. It's a great shooter, but it doesn't stand so far out from the rest. It sounds like ME is an amazing series that I'd love to try.

Avatar image for Kennysolidsnake
Kennysolidsnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Kennysolidsnake
Member since 2009 • 1068 Posts

Lets get something straight. Gears Of war is totally awesome and even though i own both consoles i would love to see Gears on the PS3 for those gamers that dont own a 360 because they need to experience it. Halo 3 was good in 2007 but now its just outdated and just an average shooter. Im so sick and tired of hearing people STILL to this day praise Halo and say other games cant live up to Halo.. Halo is outdated, has outdated sound effects, outdated graphics, a weak leveling up and ranking system and there is nothing good about Halo anymore.

Halo Reach has a lot of work to do to catch up to other great shooters like Killzone 2 or MW2. Halo now is kind of like the Mario Franchise, people just play it because of its name and out of nostalgia. If Halo 3 released today under a totally different name and the same exact mp, graphics and sound engine, it would score a 7.5 here tops.

Xx_Mystery_xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Xx_Mystery_xX
[QUOTE="Kennysolidsnake"]

Lets get something straight. Gears Of war is totally awesome and even though i own both consoles i would love to see Gears on the PS3 for those gamers that dont own a 360 because they need to experience it. Halo 3 was good in 2007 but now its just outdated and just an average shooter. Im so sick and tired of hearing people STILL to this day praise Halo and say other games cant live up to Halo.. Halo is outdated, has outdated sound effects, outdated graphics, a weak leveling up and ranking system and there is nothing good about Halo anymore.

Halo Reach has a lot of work to do to catch up to other great shooters like Killzone 2 or MW2. Halo now is kind of like the Mario Franchise, people just play it because of its name and out of nostalgia. If Halo 3 released today under a totally different name and the same exact mp, graphics and sound engine, it would score a 7.5 here tops.

Well, thanks for the short review of the series. :P
RavenLoud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 RavenLoud
Member since 2009 • 2874 Posts

No, played halo 1-2 and Gears 1 (though I heard it was very different from 360 version) on PC, do not want on PS3.

The one game on the 360 I wish I could play would be Mass Effect 2 since my laptop is too crappy to handle it.

Bayonetta also made me a sad panda :(

Regisland

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Regisland
Member since 2009 • 2390 Posts

Xx_Mystery_xX

So in the end.......get a cheap rig.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50552 Posts

No, don't care for the Halo series after the original.

river_rat3117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 river_rat3117
Member since 2003 • 3474 Posts
as an owner of all three systems imo the ONLY game ps3 only owners are missing out on is Lost Odyssey. i didnt care for Gears or ME. and i never liked halo 1 or 2 so i didnt even bother with 3 so i cant say for that, i heard the online was fun but im not about to start paying for live to find out
Xx_Mystery_xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Xx_Mystery_xX
[QUOTE="Regisland"]

[QUOTE="Xx_Mystery_xX"][QUOTE="Kennysolidsnake"]

So in the end.......get a cheap rig.

Pretty much, I guess...
Avatar image for carlisledavid79
carlisledavid79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 carlisledavid79
Member since 2006 • 10522 Posts
...Have you ever wanted the series of Halo? I'm a PS3 gamer, and I did, at first, but then I heard it sucked, lol. Xx_Mystery_xX
Thats why its great to own all three consoles/pc/ds/psp Dont have to miss out on any games
awssk8er716

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#17 awssk8er716
Member since 2005 • 8485 Posts

always wanted Halo and Gears

LegatoSkyheart

I kind of wanted Gears of War, until we got Uncharted 2. Now I could careless about it.

And no to Halo.

Nerd_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Nerd_Man
Member since 2007 • 13819 Posts
I am a PS3 gamer, but I am also an Xbox 360 gamer. I couldn't care less for the Halo franchise.
Modern_Unit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Modern_Unit
Member since 2010 • 1511 Posts

Kennysolidsnake

jesus, do you actually think that a prequal of a game, which its series itself never had a game that scored below AAA, will score an A.....wow, you are indeed a hardcore cow

Yet, it still has over 100k players online.....KZ2 has ....500?

Avatar image for carljohnson3456
carljohnson3456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#21 carljohnson3456
Member since 2007 • 12489 Posts
Yes I did, so I bought it for my 360.
OneLazyAsian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 OneLazyAsian
Member since 2009 • 1715 Posts

Modern_Unit

jesus, do you actually think that a prequal of a game, which its series itself never had a game that scored below AAA, will score an A.....wow, you are indeed a hardcore cow

500? I seriously doubt that. My friend was just playing and by the looks there were at least 4k players online.

iamshivy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 iamshivy
Member since 2007 • 3565 Posts

ha halo. the only game i want to cross over to the ps3 is the left for dead series.. but valve sucks so i dont see that happening

Modern_Unit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Modern_Unit

[QUOTE="Modern_Unit"]

OneLazyAsian

500? I seriously doubt that. My friend was just playing and by the looks there were at least 4k players online.

Apologies. I haven't checked in a while...the last time i checked was a couple of weeks ago

Duxsox56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#25 Duxsox56
Member since 2009 • 1186 Posts

Not really, unless I could have it with Xbox Live to play with all of my Xbox-owning friends.

The Xbox series I really want is Mass Effect.

Avatar image for GunSmith1_basic
GunSmith1_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#26 GunSmith1_basic
Member since 2002 • 10548 Posts
I played a lot of halo ce on pc, then I played halo 3 on 360 long enough to beat it, and then much later played halo 2 on co op for a few stages. i liked halo ce, but i got sick of the series as I was playing it. For halo 2 and 3, the gameplay was good, not great. The writing and dialogue was face-cringingly awful though. CE had a very simplistic outlook and they left more to the imagination. The more detail they added, the lamer it got. Definitely a series that started high and tumbled down. Played both Gears games for a few stages as well, gears 2 on co op, and I found those games fun but very forgettable. idk what others should take from this. Tc asked and I answered
Kashiwaba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Kashiwaba
Member since 2005 • 8059 Posts

no. i want Kingdom Under Fire and Idolmaster thofunsohng

They are holding The Idol master concert soon on Japanese HOME :P.

Avatar image for Kennysolidsnake
Kennysolidsnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Kennysolidsnake
Member since 2009 • 1068 Posts

Modern_Unit

Yea and i bet mario kart wii has more people playing online than KZ2 and Halo 3 combined.. so what are you saying, Mario Kart wii is the best game ever? and no there is usually on average 3000 people online at one time on KZ2
Modern_Unit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Modern_Unit

[QUOTE="Modern_Unit"]

Kennysolidsnake

Yea and i bet mario kart wii has more people playing online than KZ2 and Halo 3 combined.. so what are you saying, Mario Kart wii is the best game ever? and no there is usually on average 3000 people online at one time on KZ2

Mario Kart wii has a 55 million userbase...

Rocky32189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Rocky32189
Member since 2007 • 8995 Posts
The last thing I want is another generic shooter.
unknown37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#31 unknown37
Member since 2006 • 5135 Posts

I have Halo 3. I could care less about it being on multiple systems though. The combat is to slow paced and too boring to be an arcade style shooter, the gameplay isn't technical enough to be a tactical shooter, and the single player (halo 3's, not taking the other games into consideration) is too bland to be considered a story driven shooter.

It does give me something to play with friends that normally don't play games though, and it's not actually a "bad" game, so I'll keep supporting the series, on 360 of course.

smestad1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#32 smestad1
Member since 2008 • 44 Posts

no, i hate that game...not because it's xbox's but because i played them and hatet it all

johnnyblazed88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 johnnyblazed88
Member since 2008 • 4240 Posts

Kennysolidsnake

i doubt it, you just sound like you dont like halo

what other console FPS get updated every week and has the unique games halo does like rocket race, grifball, infected etc.

plusthe co-op in single player and online split screen

and the level creator if you wanna do that

halo 3 is still the best console FPS this gen folks

drakecool1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 drakecool1
Member since 2009 • 1145 Posts

...Have you ever wanted the series of Halo? I'm a PS3 gamer, and I did, at first, but then I heard it sucked, lol. Xx_Mystery_xX

I liked the first and second on pc and to be honest if halo 3 came out on ps3 i'd buy it but that's about the only game I really want on 360 I wont buy the system for one game that's why I hope Halo 3 comes out on pc in future.

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts
I have an Xbox 360 and a PS3. Never had an interest in Halo. It's just not that good.
caseypayne69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#36 caseypayne69
Member since 2002 • 5395 Posts
I'd like LFD 1 & 2. ME 1 & 2.
Shirokishi_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Shirokishi_
Member since 2009 • 11206 Posts

I did, then I bought a 360.... lol

drakecool1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 drakecool1

I'd like LFD 1 & 2. ME 1 & 2.caseypayne69

get a good gaming pc

pstripl3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 pstripl3
Member since 2007 • 795 Posts
never wanted halo as much as i wanted killzone 2.
Avatar image for deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#40 deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
Member since 2007 • 22399 Posts
used to want Halo, got a 360, and after beating the campaign became bored with the definitive "Run of the mill" shooter
I_are_freak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 I_are_freak
Member since 2010 • 44 Posts
Without halo, 360 would be nothing. Honestly, no one would have bought it if they thought halo wouldnt be on it anymore.
unknown37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#42 unknown37
Member since 2006 • 5135 Posts

Without halo, 360 would be nothing. Honestly, no one would have bought it if they thought halo wouldnt be on it anymore.I_are_freak
Wow you're funny!

z4twenny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#43 z4twenny
Member since 2006 • 4898 Posts

i played halo 1 on my pc for a little while and the only thing i really liked was the intro/theme song with the choir. i thought the rest of the game was kinda blah.

Renzokucant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#44 Renzokucant
Member since 2009 • 3157 Posts
halo is not a good game in my opinion. 1 was good. 2 and 3 are poor.
gregbmil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 gregbmil
Member since 2004 • 2703 Posts

Gears of War is probably my favorite series of all time. I never really cared for Halo, I think little kids just really like it. I don't have an Xbox any more because it keeps breaking, but hopefully by the time Gears of War 3 comes out they fix the problems they have

drakecool1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 drakecool1

[QUOTE="I_are_freak"]Without halo, 360 would be nothing. Honestly, no one would have bought it if they thought halo wouldnt be on it anymore.unknown37

Wow you're funny!

I agree I mean what else is worth buying the system for if halo was gone half or more than half the sales would be gone.

MadVybz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#47 MadVybz
Member since 2009 • 2797 Posts

Of course.

Halo is liek, teh best gaem evar.

MadVybz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#48 MadVybz
Member since 2009 • 2797 Posts

Without halo, 360 would be nothing. Honestly, no one would have bought it if they thought halo wouldnt be on it anymore.I_are_freak

Just like how the PS3 would be nothing without Uncharted, right? ;)

Avatar image for ___gamemaster__
___gamemaster__

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 ___gamemaster__
Member since 2009 • 3347 Posts
i got my 360 for that
Odrec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Odrec
Member since 2009 • 1897 Posts
No, the series is way overrated and there are hundreds of better games to play on the PS3 alone.