I just wanted to kill the myth about the PS3 memory limit. People are still saying only one of the 256MB memory pools are accessible by the Cell. This is simply not true. The Cell can access this memory pool through the bus which the RSX is connected to.
Real life example: In yellowdog linux 6.1 you can use this memory pool as a swap/ram disk, even though the RSX chip itself is not available through the hypervisor.
Yellow Dog Linux v6.1 offers these updates over v6.0:
- Kernel 2.6.27
- GCC 4.1.2
- Cell SDK 3.1
- Firefox 3.0
- OpenOffice 2.3 (v3.0 coming to YDL.net Enhanced soon!)
- X.org 1.4.999 with xrandr 1.2.2
- Dramatically improved, automated wireless config.
- GUI configuration tool for YDL.net.
- Bluetooth support for the PS3 Sixaxis controller.
- Barcelona Supercomputing Center CellSs.
- ps3vram for fast, temp file storage or swap using PS3 video RAM.