PS Vita vs 3DS graphics

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by killeracer0210 (1475 posts) -

Who has better graphics?

PS Vita

3DS

P.S i don't care about graphics

#3 Posted by LegatoSkyheart (29547 posts) -

PSVita

3DS

#4 Posted by soulitane (15060 posts) -

Vita is obviously better if what they've shown us is actually what the games look like.

#5 Posted by spookykid143 (10393 posts) -

Why even make this thread?

#6 Posted by ronvalencia (25381 posts) -

Why even make this thread?

spookykid143

How about AMD Z-01/C-50** (with Radeon HD 6250M+DX11/OpenGL 4.x GpGPU) "Fusion" APU Tablets(10 inch wide case)/Netbooks

VS

Sony Vita (with PowerVR 543MP4 DX9/OpenGL 2.x, 7.2 inch wide case)?

**Has been displaced by the recent AMD C-60 APU product release i.e.an update from 6250M's 280Mhz to Radeon HD 6290M's 400Mhz Turbo.

Need For Speed Underground 2 on AMD C-50 APU

Flatout 2 on AMD C-50 APU

Both hardware supports Unified Shader architecture.

#7 Posted by hakanakumono (27455 posts) -

This is as pointless as PC vs. console graphics threads. Yes, we know the Vita is better.

#8 Posted by ChubbyGuy40 (26428 posts) -

I'm more impressed with the 3DS because of Revelations more than PSV with Uncharted:GA. U:GA has an absurd amount of flat, green foilage painted around and it looks really ugly because of it IMO. Also because we've seen a ton of in-game and real 3DS footage. We keep getting bullshot PSV images that are rendered higher than they really will be.

#9 Posted by nameless12345 (15125 posts) -

Vita has far better graphics. Anyone saying different is just wrong. However I can guarantee you the games on the actual Vita won't look nearly as high-res as on some upscaled pics some are posting. It's a five inch display after all.

#10 Posted by supdotcom (1121 posts) -

Vita has far better graphics. Anyone saying different is just wrong. However I can guarantee you the games on the actual Vita won't look nearly as high-res as on some upscaled pics some are posting. It's a five inch display after all.

nameless12345

wouldn't it look nicer on a smaller screen?

#11 Posted by nameless12345 (15125 posts) -

U:GA has an absurd amount of flat, green foilage painted around and it looks really ugly because of it IMO.

ChubbyGuy40

:P

#12 Posted by ChubbyGuy40 (26428 posts) -

nameless12345

Show me something that's far better than Revelations then. Unless you can, then you are wrong. Just because it's a five-inch display means nothing. They could've crammed a 720p screen in there, possibly higher.

I know PSV is the stronger machine and will have the better graphics, but far better like some are saying? That's really stretching it.

#13 Posted by nameless12345 (15125 posts) -

[QUOTE="nameless12345"]

supdotcom

wouldn't it look nicer on a smaller screen?

Well depends on the pixel density of the display. I guess a 1080p image would look charming on a little screen if that screen had really dense pixels.

#14 Posted by ActionRemix (5640 posts) -

Vita:

Avatar image for Jolt_counter119
#15 Posted by Jolt_counter119 (4226 posts) -

We need to stop these threads.

3DS will never have Vita graphics stop comparing them.

#16 Posted by ChubbyGuy40 (26428 posts) -

Jolt_counter119

It's never going to have extremely linear and corridor levels with huge prerendered and non-interactive backgrounds? Sure it can.

Avatar image for Jolt_counter119
#17 Posted by Jolt_counter119 (4226 posts) -

[QUOTE="Jolt_counter119"]

ChubbyGuy40

It's never going to have extremely linear and corridor levels with huge prerendered and non-interactive backgrounds? Sure it can.

Not extremely linear and corridor levels with huge prerendered and non-interactive backgrounds that look that nice.

#18 Posted by ChubbyGuy40 (26428 posts) -

[QUOTE="ChubbyGuy40"]

[QUOTE="Jolt_counter119"]

Jolt_counter119

Not extremely linear and corridor levels with huge prerendered and non-interactive backgrounds that look that nice.

We don't know that for sure since we don't have anything like Uncharted being developed for it.

That's a more accurate screen of it. Now I can actually see it and it's closer to the res it'll be in. I'm not arguing PSV will be superior, but many are blowing it out of proportion. Even though we have devs like Capcom who are pushing the system, it doesn't help when companies like Sega want to throw iOS quality shovelware like Shinobi onto it and it ends up looking worse than PSP games. (Yes, it is that bad. The original Genesis game looks better than it.)

#19 Posted by DerekLoffin (9018 posts) -
The best game I've seen on 3DS looks like something GC or PS2 could have done. The best Vita game looks like an early PS3 game. There is no contest here.
#20 Posted by LastRambo341 (8767 posts) -
The best game I've seen on 3DS looks like something GC or PS2 could have done. The best Vita game looks like an early PS3 game. There is no contest here. DerekLoffin
Despite the fact that neither handheld has shown it's full graphical potential
#21 Posted by Zophar87 (4344 posts) -

PS Vita, by far.. but I'll care when graphics make a game worth playing.

#22 Posted by Kaszilla (1841 posts) -

PSVita

3DS

LegatoSkyheart

Nano assault>stardust delta