Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#51 Gifford38
Member since 2020 • 1008 Posts

few things that keep telling me that this could be true (does not say ps1 because i don't think they have a cd player in the ps5 like the ps4)

1. sram = on-chip ram. meaning the data on a disc is used as ram. goes thru the dedicated dma controller which is used for check in to send that data to were it needs to go in the system. the data gets check in before it even hits the gpu or cpu to check in to put in system memory.

2. same reason above but with ps3 games the tempest chip is used as spu's so that data that is coded for spu's goes through the tempest chip to system memory. not sure how sound cards work. does it send it to system memory or the cpu? i know the ps4 uses half of one of the cpu for sound.

sony said they have one more big announcement based on the gpu and cpu. wonder if they added software that supports all sony architecture past systems.

Avatar image for Nonstop-Madness
Nonstop-Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#52 Nonstop-Madness
Member since 2008 • 10253 Posts

This would be a really huge surprise if true but, like most have said, it's just extremely unlikely.

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#53 Gifford38
Member since 2020 • 1008 Posts

@SolidGame_basic said:
@Pedro said:
@SolidGame_basic said:

There is a retro shop about 5 or 6 miles from my house. Can get plenty of retro systems for cheap. And there are plenty of retro shops around. Or you can do eBay or retro conventions.

LOL. I don't why you think because there is a retro shop 5-6 miles from your house means anything to me unless we are living in the same area. The reality is that gaming needs to have are more meaningful method of access to older games. The idea of buying older consoles is only going to work for so long. Every other medium facilitates some method of digital distribution of the oldest content. Gaming needs to follow. In addition that, these old games should not be edited with non optional filters when released in collections on newer systems.

I'm just responding to your original comment "I am a big fan of BC, mainly for academic reasons. Trying to teach students about the history of gaming and allowing them to experience some of the older games is getting a bit difficult." So if you want to teach students about history of gaming and actually experience it, it would be useful to teach them with the actual systems. "The idea of buying older consoles is only going to work for so long." I mean, do you think students 100 years from now will care what a neogeo pocket is? lol.

wow 100 years from now neogeo pocket. im trying just to picture were gaming will be in 100 years. wish i was doc brown because i would build a time machine just to see the graphics and if we would be the main character in the game. today i could careless what a neo-geo pocket is. never mind a 100 years from now.

granted i know what it is. that is what psnow and game pass is for. we don't need to go buy old systems. i also don't need my new system play old games. it be nice to be able to stream from there game site but i don;t need it to play the disc of old games because i rather stream it or download it. because im paying for the service to play those games so i don't have to out and find old disc that could be scratch up any ways.

Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#54  Edited By Mozelleple112
Member since 2011 • 7408 Posts

@Pedro said:
@Mozelleple112 said:

@Pedro: You seem incapable of recalling a lot of things. Look at your post.

Please aid my in pointing out where I asked you if you cared?

Stop posting if you don't want people directly replying to your statements.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 66

#55 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 39981 Posts

@Mozelleple112 said:

Stop posting if you don't want people directly replying to your statements.

You claim that I am incapable of recalling a lot of things, so please point to me where I asked you if you cared? My recollection is bad. 😎