NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 NoodleFighter
Member since 2011 • 11791 Posts

Shift Up is a studio that has done nothing but mobile games until now with the reveal of their upcoming title Project EVE which will available for PC, PS4, and XONE. The game was revealed at GDC but didn't get any news coverage until afterwards. The Project EVE development team has people that worked on Blade & Soul early in its development and has the lead artist Kim-Hyeong-tae who also did the art for the Magna Carta series.

This game looks amazing! Especially dat booty it jiggles!!! 10/10 graphics king for that alone. Got me licking the screen here cause the eye candy is dat good.

Anyway I'm glad Korea is starting to make more premium games they easily have the talent and potential to rival Japan and the Western industry.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#2 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58261 Posts

Meh. Woman looks like a plastic doll, no life to her. Also it's a multiplat, how can it be graphics king when it's scaled down to console quality?

ME: Andromeda looks better than this. Modded GTA V looks better than this.

More importantly, the art direction of the game is pretty off-putting.

rzxv04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#3  Edited By rzxv04
Member since 2018 • 2578 Posts

She looks line an alien. Too stylized. Looks so creepy when she looked in front of the camera.

daredevils2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 daredevils2k
Member since 2015 • 5001 Posts

Umm no, that looked like crap

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 NoodleFighter
@mrbojangles25 said:

Meh. Woman looks like a plastic doll, no life to her. Also it's a multiplat, how can it be graphics king when it's scaled down to console quality?

Well South Korea is the plastic surgery capital of world and that type of look is popular in Asia in general. It's often why JRPG characters look like they're in a Japanese pop group and characters in Chinese games also often share similar looks.

If being multiplat negates it from being a graphics king or even contender by that logic Battlefield V or even Crysis 3 don't count as graphics kings because they're on consoles even though PC maxed out is leagues above what the consoles offer. Not even that with Crysis 3 for example the PC version on low was still noticeably superior to that of the consoles. We're already at the point in this gen where medium settings on PC is on par or somewhat noticeably better than the consoles. The Division 2 for example PC on high is way better than Xbox One X nearly night and day in comparison. Plus this game is made by a South Korean studio and South Korea is one the most PC centric gaming regions, I wouldn't expect them to gimp the game that bad on PC so consoles don't look too far behind. Similar to how Japanese devs show favoritism towards the Playstation and Nintendo consoles. Korean games on the MMO & F2P side have been pushing graphics hard so whats to say they won't do it for AAA singleplayer game?

I like the art direction of the game this shot is what sold me on it. This looks better than ME: Andromeda to me. Modded GTA V doesn't look better than this either to me.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

Looks pre-rendered, main character looks horrible, and the animation is poor.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#8 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 24894 Posts

Looks pretty bad.

navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#9 navyguy21
Member since 2003 • 17419 Posts

Sevenizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 Sevenizz
Member since 2010 • 6462 Posts

Have you seen people before? Because I can assure you, they don’t look like that hypersexualized mess.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#11 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58824 Posts

That's a very well rendered ass. Something about the face looks off, like it can't decide if it wants to be an anumi or real.

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#12 PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 8469 Posts

@NoodleFighter said:

This game looks amazing! Especially dat booty it jiggles!!! 10/10 graphics king for that alone. Got me licking the screen here cause the eye candy is dat good.

Oh you! :D

rmpumper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 rmpumper
Member since 2016 • 2131 Posts

Looks like a UE3 title. You have really low standards to call this a "graphics king" or you are just blinded by your hentai bias or something.

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#15 GarGx1
Member since 2011 • 10934 Posts

Graphically it's up there with the best but the booty giggling will have SJW's on full trigger mode, I love Korea :)

@mrbojangles25 said:

Lmao, someone doesn't understand graphics scaling.

Loading Video...

Vaidream45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Vaidream45
Member since 2016 • 2116 Posts

Will be cool if the game is fun

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 NoodleFighter
@uninspiredcup said:

That's a very well rendered ass. Something about the face looks off, like it can't decide if it wants to be an anumi or real.

Here is a full frontal view shot and I do agree now that her eyes look a bit too big, from a 3/4 angle which was most of the video I didn't notice it. They should reduce her eye size a little or make her mouth a bit bigger.

@tom-pepper said:

The creator saying the game takes inspiration from nieR and god of war makes me intrested

This game screamed Nier but I didn't know they had God Of War influence.

@rmpumper said:

Looks like a UE3 title. You have really low standards to call this a "graphics king" or you are just blinded by your hentai bias or something.

Care to name any UE3 titles that this game looks like? I have yet to see or find any. They best you'll probably get is a game using a heavily modded version of UE3 or a very late version borderlining UE4. The best I can think of would be Batman Arkham Knight and that game can still easily trade blows with other graphics kings contenders.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#18 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38032 Posts

1:10 of the trailer her cheeks actually wiggle a bit and I love it. GOTG confirmed

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 NoodleFighter

@GarGx1 said:

Graphically it's up there with the best but the booty giggling will have SJW's on full trigger mode, I love Korea :)

In their slideshow it is said that game will have uncensored action but I expect the PS4 version to get censored anyway by Sony since they're giving in to the demands of SJWs lately and are practically ran by them now that Playstation Headquarters is in California. The fact that they got that the word uncensored highlighted makes me think they're gonna do what I think they're gonna do ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°). Especially since their studio and lead artist have a history of making some lewd stuff that even gets censored in Korea. Their most recent game was Destiny Child and if Project EVE is even 1/4th as sexualized as that game SJWs will probably try to help North Korea invade the South. Look at that game own your risk, in some cases the censored looks even better

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#21 Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19497 Posts

Do you know if the game uses real-time ray tracing?

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Jag85

@NoodleFighter: Her lips look fine. The only thing unrealistic about her face is the big anime eyes. If they reduce the size of her eyes, then she'd probably look like a K-pop chick.

But the big anime eyes look like a deliberate artistic choice. Much like James Cameron's deliberate artistic choice to have big CGI anime eyes in Alita: Battle Angel. Which didn't go down well with North American audiences, but did well with Chinese and Korean audiences (but not Japan, ironically).

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 NoodleFighter

@Jag85: Don't know about ray tracing but the lighting does look good. If it doesn't have ray tracing I expect Nvidia is already trying to get the devs to use it since they've managed to already get another South Korean studio to use it on a F2P game. Big anime eyes are the deliberate choice since it goes with Kim Hyeong-tae's style but this a more realistic approach than other games such as Blade & Soul or being 2D drawn art like Destiny Child.

I didn't know that Alita: Battle Angel did bad in North America because it made double its money back in the box office and it's audience score is higher than that of Captain Marvel which they had to bribe theaters into only showing their movie during it's release week and even paid for tickets to inflate it's sales and hide how much loss they made on the movie. Ironically the Chinese did not like Brie Larson and thought she was too ugly to be a superhero so this really does show duality in standards between the West and East.

Kali-B1rd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#24 Kali-B1rd
Member since 2018 • 2241 Posts

Amazing.... fit protagonist with probably less than 5% body fat ..... skin tight suit.... Koreans still manage to add in pleanty of ass jiggle....

I'm not complaining, just pointing it out in amazement, but somehow not surprised either.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Jag85

@NoodleFighter said:

@Jag85: Don't know about ray tracing but the lighting does look good. If it doesn't have ray tracing I expect Nvidia is already trying to get the devs to use it since they've managed to already get another South Korean studio to use it on a F2P game. Big anime eyes are the deliberate choice since it goes with Kim Hyeong-tae's style but this a more realistic approach than other games such as Blade & Soul or being 2D drawn art like Destiny Child.

I didn't know that Alita: Battle Angel did bad in North America because it made double its money back in the box office and it's audience score is higher than that of Captain Marvel which they had to bribe theaters into only showing their movie during it's release week and even paid for tickets to inflate it's sales and hide how much loss they made on the movie. Ironically the Chinese did not like Brie Larson and thought she was too ugly to be a superhero so this really does show duality in standards between the West and East.

Alita made $85M in NA, which surpassed expectations for a new movie IP, but is still underwhelming for a big-budget blockbuster. Most Americans weren't willing to give it a chance, because of the big anime eyes. But it got high scores from most of the Americans who did actually watch it. Either way, the movie did much better overseas, especially in Asia (except for Japan, where it flopped), helping Alita pass the break-even point.

As for Captain Marvel, I haven't heard of comments calling her "ugly" (which I'd disagree with), but I have heard of comments criticizing her lack of ass (which I'd agree with). Either way, Captain Marvel performed well at the Chinese box office, where it managed to pass Alita (just barely) and become the fourth highest-grossing MCU movie (after Infinity War, Age of Ultron, and Civil War). Though Alita's performance there is more impressive, since it was a new movie IP. But generally, movies with a "female empowerment" theme tend to perform well in China, according to some Chinese box office trackers.

Vaeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Vaeh
Member since 2016 • 957 Posts

Made with Unreal engine 4 lol. That butt jiggle o_O. Cool to see a Korean game going for Singleplayer.

Also this game will have good KBM support, something most japanese games can't manage do figure out.

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26645 Posts

Everything kinda looks like plastic. This definitely isn't a contender for graphics king. Metro will retain that for quite a while.