Project Cars best looking racing game evar

This topic is locked from further discussion.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#1 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

http://playeressence.com/project-cars-might-be-the-best-looking-racing-game-ever-made/

You guys have to see these new screenshots of Project Cars. They look absolutely stunning. See the full gallery over at DSOgaming. Project CARS is hitting the Wii U, PS4, Xbox One, and PC late 2014. My take past the link.

Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

Yes it looks great but you didn't show that in the OP

KeepClearx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By KeepClearx
Member since 2013 • 59 Posts

Looks nice, be shocked if it looks that good on the Wii U though lol

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#4  Edited By KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

@seanmcloughlin said:

Yes it looks great but you didn't show that in the OP

those damn pics are copy protected...you got to click the link..

@keepclearx said:

Looks nice, be shocked if it looks that good on the Wii U though lol

as long as it looks better than need for speed most wanted on wiiU..ill be fine :)

babycakin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 babycakin
Member since 2012 • 1597 Posts

Yeah if it looks just as good on Wii U, I'll buy it.

Couth_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Couth_
Member since 2008 • 10369 Posts

Only on PC will it look that good.

Avatar image for princessgomez92
PrincessGomez92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 201

User Lists: 5

#8 PrincessGomez92
Member since 2013 • 5747 Posts

Those screens must be from the Wii U version.

Avatar image for TorqueHappens08
TorqueHappens08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9  Edited By TorqueHappens08
Member since 2008 • 1363 Posts

Strongly agree. click for quality.

RimacBugatti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By RimacBugatti
Member since 2013 • 1632 Posts

Graphically I cant tell at this point if the car models look better but that screenshot looks impressive. The screenshots I saw before looked awful and very choppy. The easiest way to beat Forza 5 is to have weather changes. I have been playing Forza 5 for several hours less than 10 hours for sure and I'm already bored. Not enough tracks and the lack in weather changes stinks. I don't think Project Cars will deliver but it may surprise me.

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By nini200
Member since 2005 • 11484 Posts

I'm sooo ready for a new Tokyo Xtreme Racer but until then, I will be loving the bedazzles out of this game!

I just hope the online netcode is good (Considering this has online play).

Your Zonda R will meet the wrath of my Toyota Corolla!!

XxR3m1xInHDn3D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By XxR3m1xInHDn3D
Member since 2013 • 2365 Posts

Sounds like a Disney film

raging_user

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By raging_user
Member since 2013 • 467 Posts

what build is it at now?

i think the last build i saw, 600 something... had the window reflections finally going on. It's like the new nextgen thing next to puddles

MrYaotubo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#14  Edited By MrYaotubo
Member since 2012 • 2884 Posts

That´s how it will look on PC,but overall Assetto Corsa seems to be the better looking one.

Couth_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Couth_
Member since 2008 • 10369 Posts

@MrYaotubo said:

That´s how it will look on PC,but overall Assetto Corsa seems to be the better looking one.

Not sure if srs.. Assetto Corsa looks pretty average. It will have the more realistic physics though

RimacBugatti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 RimacBugatti
Member since 2013 • 1632 Posts

Tokyo Extreme Racing would be an awesome title to make a come back. The Dreamcast days were the best. I don't know what's going on.

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By nini200

@RimacBugatti said:

Tokyo Extreme Racing would be an awesome title to make a come back. The Dreamcast days were the best. I don't know what's going on.

Yes. I got all of them for Dreamcast and PS2.

TXR needs a comeback. Drift ones were great as well once you got the hang of drifting. I loved TXR Zero the best though.

MrYaotubo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#18 MrYaotubo
Member since 2012 • 2884 Posts

@Couth_ said:

@MrYaotubo said:

Not sure if srs.. Assetto Corsa looks pretty average. It will have the more realistic physics though

I´m serious,I´ve been playing the betas of both and ingame,AC,wich is still missing several graphical features(especially the steam early acess version) on the public beta already looks fantastic while PC is in a more advanced state already and it barely looks that much better. Simply loking at screenshots of both games(or developer build videos) doesn´t really tell where both games are going from a graphical standpoint but during actual gameplay it seems that on release,AC will have the better general tech.

It´s something that has been accepted in the general sim racing community.

Avatar image for TorqueHappens08
TorqueHappens08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#19  Edited By TorqueHappens08
Member since 2008 • 1363 Posts

@nini200 said:

I'm sooo ready for a new Tokyo Xtreme Racer but until then, I will be loving the bedazzles out of this game!

TXR-TXR3 was so damn fun, TXRD was fun aswell...but it was hard trying to meet all the condition to race certain people.... Wangan Midnight is not bad either, but we really do need a new next gen dedicated wangan racing game.

I loved TXR due to it's realism, it actually felt like you were making a career as a midnight runner... rather then that atrociious fast&furious tokyo drift game...

Though seriously if they make a remake, and i dont mean that shitty import racer( which had the fucking nerve to drop the Wangan route.... but kept the inner C1 loop..) wtf..

they need to add actual people like smoky nagata,keiichi tsuchiya, Tsuzo Niikura

And real tuners like amuse, Garage defend, Auto Galery, Top secret, etc...

id'e rate 10 all damn day.

PernicioEnigma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By PernicioEnigma
Member since 2010 • 6662 Posts

When I play it maxed out on my PC it doesn't look that good, what's up with that?

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By nini200

@TorqueHappens08 said:

@nini200 said:

TXR-TXR3 was so damn fun, TXRD was fun aswell...but it was hard trying to meet all the condition to race certain people.... Wangan Midnight is not bad either, but we really do need a new next gen dedicated wangan racing game.

I loved TXR due to it's realism, it actually felt like you were making a career as a midnight runner... rather then that atrociious fast&furious tokyo drift game...

Though seriously if they make a remake, and i dont mean that shitty import racer( which had the fucking nerve to drop the Wangan route.... but kept the inner C1 loop..) wtf..

they need to add actual people like smoky nagata,keiichi tsuchiya, Tsuzo Niikura

And real tuners like amuse, Garage defend, Auto Galery, Top secret, etc...

id'e rate 10 all damn day.

OMG you just brought back sooo many memories lol

Matter of fact I still haven't beat TXR3. I think I have a few more members to beat but they will not show up for the life of me but when they do, I'll get them.

I agree with removing the Wangan Route which was one of my favorite routes and Lol they did keep the C1 lol

In Drift, it was really difficult to complete some of the challenges but I had a racing wheel so it felt great hitting the handbrake and spinning those back tires and drifting around that sharp corner in Daytime Kogane around day 41 I believe.

I'd want a sequel moreso than a remake but if it has TXR on it, I'd buy it regardless.

That would be awesome if they actually got the real car licenses and added real racers.

The story mode in that game is fantastic and is done the way real street racing is done. Ride up on the side or behind another racer, flash those headlights and mash on the pedal. I liked TXR Zero because they had 4 car races as well as the traditional 1 on 1 style.

If they had online play, I'd love to race you but as of now, they don't. I believe TXR2 on Dreamcast had online play but only the Japanese version. I think they were using that BB Netcode thing back then.

PernicioEnigma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 PernicioEnigma
Member since 2010 • 6662 Posts

@MrYaotubo said:

@Couth_ said:

@MrYaotubo said:

I´m serious,I´ve been playing the betas of both and ingame,AC,wich is still missing several graphical features(especially the steam early acess version) on the public beta already looks fantastic while PC is in a more advanced state already and it barely looks that much better. Simply loking at screenshots of both games(or developer build videos) doesn´t really tell where both games are going from a graphical standpoint but during actual gameplay it seems that on release,AC will have the better general tech.

It´s something that has been accepted in the general sim racing community.

Assetto Corsa is definitely a good looking game, and easily the best looking sim, I just hope they fix the sky in the final release, because right now it just looks like a flat blue surface with low res clouds painted on to it. The cars look fantastic though, and look so much more realistic moving around the track than they do in Project Cars.

Joedgabe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#23 Joedgabe
Member since 2006 • 5134 Posts

lol racing sims.