Sagemode87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Sagemode87
Member since 2013 • 3416 Posts

Things just haven't been going well for Xbox this gen. Just curious what the excuses /goalpost movement would be for these scenarios.

Acquisition doesn't go through

Starfield Flops and goes to PS5

Elder Scrolls comes to PS5

Perfect Dark Cancelled

Feel at least 2 of these scenarios will happen. What sort of spin do you think will occur. With Halo, it was "rent free". 70 dollar games excuse is now "Gamepass". Will Starfield flopping also be..... "sales don't tell story because of GamePass". Even the latest string of PS5 multiplat versions being better than Xbox counterparts Calisto Protocol, MW2, Warzone, Need for Speed, etc. "Lazy devs"? Wish more arguments were grounded in reality...

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 Archangel3371  Online
Member since 2004 • 44163 Posts

Such a great thread!

onesiphorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#3 onesiphorus
Member since 2014 • 5248 Posts

Is this supposed to be a Fanboy Wars thread? Can we talk about the games and the systems that plays them instead of what a certain fanboy faction will react to recent news?

Sagemode87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Sagemode87

@onesiphorus said:

Is this supposed to be a Fanboy Wars thread? Can we talk about the games and the systems that plays them instead of what a certain fanboy faction will react to recent news?

I never mentioned a fanbase, only a system. Isn't this system wars?

Jippo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By Jippo
Member since 2018 • 183 Posts

lol

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6  Edited By hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 38854 Posts

Just look at how dabear was melting with the Callisto running poorly on the X. Imagine this on a massive scale. Really is pathetic what is happening to the Xbox brand. Do they really think that its OK to sell a console that offers nothing else but shovelware and indies on their sub service? This is not why a person buys a console.

KathaarianCode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 KathaarianCode
Member since 2022 • 3399 Posts

I voted yes.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23712 Posts

Damn man. I know everything we argue about here is dumb, but I just can't imagine sitting around thinking of stuff like this. Let alone posting a thread about it lol.

pelvist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#9 pelvist
Member since 2010 • 9001 Posts

I think MS would be stupid not to put ES on PS5, tbh if it doesnt happen then it probably would be more Sonys fault than MS. Imagine advertising your platform to the competition eveytime they start that popular game up that they keep giving you money for.

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16539 Posts

@Sagemode87: I'm actually for bringing big games like starfield to ps5. You need to milk the cows hard.

As for the AB acquisition I want it to happen to have the library on gamepass, fps boost, possible 4k updates, and reviving titles like guitar hero.

The AB acquisition is a monopoly forming tactic though, so I can kind of understand why people are against it. If it doesn't go through, then meh. I'm not a big cod guy anyways. Halos more my game.

blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 blaznwiipspman1

Also Sony doesn't care about not getting CoD. They just don't want to see it go on gamepass, plus losing the marketing rights. These two things are enough to sink the Playstation, Sony is right about that.

They would probably be more open to the deal if MS promised to not put CoD day and date on gamepass.

simple-facts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 simple-facts
Member since 2021 • 2592 Posts

Predict the TC next meltdown thread 🤣

Sagemode87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Sagemode87
@simple-facts said:

Predict the TC next meltdown thread 🤣

Why is your name simple facts when all you spout is the same BS everyday?😭😂😂

Mesome713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#16 Mesome713
Member since 2019 • 7201 Posts

TC will be posting each of these meltdown topics.

KathaarianCode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 KathaarianCode
Member since 2022 • 3399 Posts

I do hope Starfield and other titles end up on PlayStation. I'll be personally surprised if they don't.

Imo Gamepass is in itself great value, releasing a title like Starfield one or two years later on PS makes financial sense and is great marketing for Gamepass. It's a win win for Microsoft.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#18 KvallyX
Member since 2019 • 12951 Posts

@Sagemode87 said:

Things just haven't been going well for Xbox this gen. Just curious what the excuses /goalpost movement would be for these scenarios.

Perfect Dark Cancelled

Feel at least 2 of these scenarios will happen. What sort of spin do you think will occur. With Halo, it was "rent free". 70 dollar games excuse is now "Gamepass". Will Starfield flopping also be..... "sales don't tell story because of GamePass". Even the latest string of PS5 multiplat versions being better than Xbox counterparts Calisto Protocol, MW2, Warzone, Need for Speed, etc. "Lazy devs"? Wish more arguments were grounded in reality...

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44061 Posts

If only Phony could launch a new movie-game once a week; the cows may just be able to forget about Xbox and Halo for more than a few dayzzz. lol :P

pmanden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 pmanden
Member since 2016 • 2927 Posts

How about we just discuss this when / if it actually happens. I could make hundreds of what-if threads.

What if the next Mortal Kombat game is a Switch exclusive?

What if the next God of War only runs at 720p?

What if the next Halo game only sells 10000 copies?

What if...

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22675 Posts

Starfield and Elder Scrolls coming to ps5 isn't a loss for Microsoft. They own those companies so you'll he laughing at Xbox fans while simultaneously filling their coffers with your money. Who's really laughing at who?

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45101 Posts

Lot of butthurt responses, good job TC.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 KvallyX

@SecretPolice said:

If only Phony could launch a new movie-game once a week; the cows may just be able to forget about Xbox and Halo for more than a few dayzzz. lol :P

Now now, the cows are already having a meltdown in this thread. No need to kick them while they are down!

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#24 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15914 Posts

Somehow I am predicting another Crossfire X and Scorn situation for Xbox next year. Hope for the best tho I mean even I am bit irked by Sony where my games at, that first half of 2023 looking lonely on PS side.

MysticalDonut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By MysticalDonut
Member since 2021 • 2504 Posts

I have a strong feeling that both Redfall and Stafield will be delayed into late 2023/early 2024, that's the most interesting one and most likely scenario.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 KvallyX

@mysticaldonut said:

I have a strong feeling that both Redfall and Stafield will be delayed into late 2023/early 2024, that's the most interesting one.

Nah, both of those games are complete already. MS said all they are doing now to them is polish.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 KvallyX
@sakaixx said:

Somehow I am predicting another Crossfire X

Remedy has been making dumpster fire after dumpster fire lately. CrossfireX campaign, Control, Control AW DLC. There is no hope for Alan Wake 2 with them.

dabear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#28  Edited By dabear
Member since 2002 • 8854 Posts

@Sagemode87: Wow. What a fanboy rant.

Not going well for Xbox? Who beat who on black Friday? (the PS5 was 3rd). You cows sure have been on a year long rant over the delayed games for Xbox in 2022. Let's see how 2023 turns out, shall we?

However, I would not be surprised at all if 12 to 24 months after Starfield and ES6 launch, they show up on PS5. MS likes money.

dabear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 dabear
@hardwenzen said:

Just look at how dabear was melting with the Callisto running poorly on the X. Imagine this on a massive scale. Really is pathetic what is happening to the Xbox brand. Do they really think that its OK to sell a console that offers nothing else but shovelware and indies on their sub service? This is not why a person buys a console.

I was proven right on that thread. It was such a vindication that you had to wipe away those tears and try to change the conversation...

Again - let's see how 2023 turns out...

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 tdkmillsy
Member since 2003 • 5882 Posts

@hardwenzen said:

What a load of dramatic shit.

You sang the praises of at least 2 games heading soon to GamePass.

Stop playing Ping Pong with your statements.

Avatar image for deactivated-642321fb121ca
deactivated-642321fb121ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#31 deactivated-642321fb121ca
Member since 2013 • 7142 Posts

@pelvist said:

I think MS would be stupid not to put ES on PS5, tbh if it doesnt happen then it probably would be more Sonys fault than MS. Imagine advertising your platform to the competition eveytime they start that popular game up that they keep giving you money for.

I already said in my opinion the DLC packs will cost additional money. ES 100% on GS is not going to happen if the scale is exactly the same as the last two. Although, the price of GS could go up, in which case it could possibly happen.

Basically, MS does not need to put ES on PlayStation.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 DaVillain  Moderator  Online
Member since 2014 • 56094 Posts

Why would anyone want to see MS/Xbox division fail?

MyCatIsMilk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 MyCatIsMilk
Member since 2022 • 1144 Posts
@Sagemode87 said:

Perfect Dark Cancelled

If Starfield flops, why would anyone care if it came to the PS5 at that point? Why would anyone want a game to fail when there are men and women who are putting in so much of their lives into the project and hoping to make a great game for the consumer? :/

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60713 Posts

Nominee for SW thread of they year @R4gn4r0k , make it happen. :D

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Archangel3371  Online

Poor TC’s thread getting ripped to shreds. You hate to see it but you love to see it. 😅

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46280 Posts
@Heil68 said:

Nominee for SW thread of they year @R4gn4r0k , make it happen. :D

Nah, I'll make the thread of the year tomorrow, trust me ;)

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46280 Posts

@Archangel3371 said:

Poor TC’s thread getting ripped to shreds. You hate to see it but you love to see it. 😅

Low hanging fruit :p

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Archangel3371  Online

@R4gn4r0k: Very low indeed. 😅

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 kuu2
Member since 2005 • 12061 Posts

@SecretPolice said:

This is the bottom line. Cows are miserable and want everyone else to be also. Can't imagine thinking about what Sony is up to on the gaming front.

Bitter individuals.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#40  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44560 Posts

i can tell you how Sony fanboys will act when that doesn't happen

Loading Video...

pelvist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#41 pelvist
Member since 2010 • 9001 Posts

@Random_Matt said:
@pelvist said:

I already said in my opinion the DLC packs will cost additional money. ES 100% on GS is not going to happen if the scale is exactly the same as the last two. Although, the price of GS could go up, in which case it could possibly happen.

Basically, MS does not need to put ES on PlayStation.

MS has a fetish for making money, theyd be cutting their nose off to spite their face not releasing it on PS5 at some point. Its a massive franchise thats guarenteed to sell well on every platform, even with the mess that was Skyrim on PS3 when it released, people still baught it in the millions.

Keep the shareholders happy, make loads of money and advertise your platform to the competition every time they start up the game. WIn, win, win.

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 tdkmillsy
Member since 2003 • 5882 Posts

I don't know whats worse

A game coming out with performance bugs on the Xbox and PC

or

Cows using it slate the Xbox when they know a patch is coming

Wait I do know what worse

Pretty sad really.

Not as sad as this thread mind.

Sagemode87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Sagemode87

@dabear said:

Not going well for Xbox? Who beat who on black Friday? (the PS5 was 3rd). You cows sure have been on a year long rant over the delayed games for Xbox in 2022. Let's see how 2023 turns out, shall we?

However, I would not be surprised at all if 12 to 24 months after Starfield and ES6 launch, they show up on PS5. MS likes money.

What exactly am I "ranting" about? Saying what you don't like hearing is "ranting" now? Mocking the childish goalpost movements is "ranting "? Um so sales don't matter when PS5 is winning but when Xbox wins a period within a month due to a price drop on its already cheap console, it matters? Gotcha.

mowgly1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#44 mowgly1
Member since 2017 • 2994 Posts

Well, in Black Friday thread Xbox orc trying to spin the official Gamestop chart where PS5 OBVIOUSLY outselling XSeries at Gamestop. But for some reason Xbox orcs are seeing that otherwise. You know how they are messed up.

Sagemode87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Sagemode87
@kuu2 said:
@SecretPolice said:

This is the bottom line. Cows are miserable and want everyone else to be also. Can't imagine thinking about what Sony is up to on the gaming front.

Bitter individuals.

Cows are miserable? You guys just say anything and hope it sticks lmao.

@mycatismilk said:
@Sagemode87 said:

Perfect Dark Cancelled

If Starfield flops, why would anyone care if it came to the PS5 at that point? Why would anyone want a game to fail when there are men and women who are putting in so much of their lives into the project and hoping to make a great game for the consumer? :/

Halo flopped and posters here pretended to still care about it.

@kvallyx said:
@SecretPolice said:

Now now, the cows are already having a meltdown in this thread. No need to kick them while they are down!

You know just saying sh1t doesn't mean it's true. Who's having a meltdown? Care to explain how Cows are down when Lems are factually in 3rd place and haven't released a worthwhile AAA exclusive all year?

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By sealionact
Member since 2014 • 9816 Posts

@Sagemode87: “ You know just saying sh1t doesn't mean it's true. Who's having a meltdown? Care to explain how Cows are down when Lems are factually in 3rd place and haven't released a worthwhile AAA exclusive all year?”

Who’s having a meltdown indeed…..

dabear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By dabear
@Sagemode87 said:
@dabear said:

What exactly am I "ranting" about? Saying what you don't like hearing is "ranting" now? Mocking the childish goalpost movements is "ranting "? Um so sales don't matter when PS5 is winning but when Xbox wins a period within a month due to a price drop on its already cheap console, it matters? Gotcha.

rant/rant/Learn to pronounce

verb

1. speak or shout at length in a wild, impassioned way. "she was still ranting on about the unfairness of it all"

noun

1. a spell of ranting; a tirade. "his rants against organized religion"

ti·rade/ˈtīˌrād/Learn to pronounce

noun

1. a long, angry speech of criticism or accusation. "a tirade of abuse"

So... exactly how wasn't that a rant? BTW, Xbox "beat" the PS5 in sales during black Friday. And, the Xbox has several more exclusives slated for 2023 than PS5. So, your rant's premise of "Things just haven't been going well for Xbox this gen." is DOA.

blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By blaznwiipspman1
@davillain said:

Why would anyone want to see MS/Xbox division fail?

some cows here are delusional and have wierd fetishes. I don't think anyone really wants to see either sony, MS or nintendo go down. It would be overall bad for the industry.

But I would like to see sony slapped around a bit, even given a black eye lol.

blamix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 blamix
Member since 2006 • 2031 Posts

Sucks for them. They've been crying since Ragnarok released and they're not nominated at TGA again

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 KvallyX

@mowgly1 said:

Well, in Black Friday thread Xbox orc trying to spin the official Gamestop chart where PS5 OBVIOUSLY outselling XSeries at Gamestop. But for some reason Xbox orcs are seeing that otherwise. You know how they are messed up.

What is an Xbox orc? I googled it and had no results shown.