Post your currently playing video game screenshots

#401 Edited by jun_aka_pekto (25245 posts) -

I quit playing the STALKER and Far Cry games concurrently because for some reason, if my reflexes are tuned for the STALKER games, I tend to suck at the Far Cry games and vice versa. Don't ask why. It's just the way I am. Anyway, I checked up on Far Cry 5 to see what point I'm at in my 3rd playthrough. First thing that came up was a 21 GB update. When I checked, the PC version gained HD textures. So, all the prior FC5 screenshots I've posted up to this point had the regular textures. Mmmkay.

Now that I look at it, Far Cry 5 does a decent job "faking it" when compared to the ray-tracing found in BF V. I still think it looks better than the other hyped games of its time.

#402 Posted by carljohnsonCJ (413 posts) -

Sunset Overdrive (Windows Store)

#403 Posted by PernicioEnigma (6068 posts) -

@Litchie said:

@PernicioEnigma: Awesome. DOOM 3 is extremely underrated as it's fucking awesome. Graphics, atmosphere, level design, monster design. Mostly everything about it is great.

I'm also playing Subnautica, but stopped as I didn't really understand what to do. Not sure how to get that deep. Do I need to build a shitload of pipes, or should I build a new base or what? Haven't had the energy to google it yet.

You need to upgrade your sub so it can go deeper. I have't really put much effort into making a base. If you're still at the beginning of the game you'll want to spend most of your time exploring wrecks and scanning things so you can build more stuff.

#404 Posted by DragonfireXZ95 (25253 posts) -

@jun_aka_pekto: I hope they do the same thing to Odyssey. Many of the textures in that game are just beyond ugly.

#405 Edited by jun_aka_pekto (25245 posts) -
@DragonfireXZ95 said:

@jun_aka_pekto: I hope they do the same thing to Odyssey. Many of the textures in that game are just beyond ugly.

All it takes is some extra care and attention from the developers. I imagine "faking it" takes a lot more work (from a coder's perspective) than real-time ray-tracing.

Anyway, I'm happily stuffed with food. Nothing like gaming to stay awake and burn all that food off.

-----

STALKER: Lost Alpha

One of the ways the game developers irritate players is on the screenshot. It doesn't look much. But, that ladder is set just high enough (above the floor) so than an overzealous player might climb to the top, over the railing, and come hurtling down 3 stories. And, yup. I'm talking from experience. ;)

#406 Edited by uninspiredcup (33391 posts) -

I forgot how linear the original Splinter Cell was. It has pretty low replay value, only really "1" way to do most things.

At least it's pacing's really good, none of the bloat of later Ubisoft titles.

#407 Edited by ProtossRushX (5351 posts) -

killing yiazmat in ff12 and getting ready to do the 100 trial mode soon

#408 Edited by jun_aka_pekto (25245 posts) -

Headed for another finale in the Lost Alpha storyline in the evening and then followed by the start of a new day on free-explore. ;)

This time around, there were two crashes during the campaign. But, there were also less slowdowns compared to my first playthrough. I'm a bit puzzled because it's the same game version on both playthroughs. I also learned to scoot out of a map quickly so that some BS side mission won't get automatically assigned.

#409 Posted by Cloud_imperium (14923 posts) -

#410 Posted by jun_aka_pekto (25245 posts) -

Ooops. I posted this in the wrong thread earlier.

There are huge tracts of the game I never got to explore while playing the storyline campaign in Lost Alpha. It simply wasn't worth it dying and losing progress over. But, here in post-storyline free-explore? Lots of artifacts and other loot to find. Plenty of bad guys too. Plus, there are blowouts and psi-emissions to contend with. It's still very dangerous to venture out far from a base.

Exploring Darkscape. I think my character died here more in free-explore today than during the storyline campaign. Lots of dangerous mutants and Mercs.....and it's not even night yet. I tucked tail and hightailed it out of the place as evening came in.

I saw a group of at least 4 chimeras from a distance as it got dark. Even though they're a lot more wimpy than the ones from vanilla Call of Pripyat, my character was in no condition to fight because it was weighed down by loot. Retreat was better.

I thought all the vehicles in Darkscape were scenery. So, I ignored them in the storyline. I guess some are actually functional.

#411 Edited by jun_aka_pekto (25245 posts) -

Chilling out at Dark Valley because the guides are hinting at an impending emission.

#412 Posted by xantufrog (11374 posts) -

Rocking some Grim Dawn (PC) and Valkyria Chronicles 4 (Switch). These games are so good :-)

#413 Edited by jun_aka_pekto (25245 posts) -

One negative that bewilders me with the STALKER series is the inconsistency with weapon upgrades. I can mount a scope on any AS VAL in Clear Sky and Call of Pripyat, but not in Lost Alpha.

Good thing I cultivated a good relationship with the Sin leader which put me in good light with Secret Traders. It turned out they sold the only AS VAL that can mount a scope.

The game is actually quite complex underneath its action game-based appearance.

#414 Edited by jun_aka_pekto (25245 posts) -

I did some more free-explore and found my way back to the Lab X2 Generators. Then, an emission ruined the day. Did a save game reload and tried again. I entered Lab X2 and got teleported to the ending map. Then, I found out, there's no way out of the Zone-free map. ;) I'm either stuck there forever or it's time to do another save game reload.

#415 Posted by foxhound_fox (97905 posts) -

#416 Posted by DragonfireXZ95 (25253 posts) -

World War 3 looks pretty nice for an indie game. Too bad they screwed the pooch on early access launch, and it still has a ton of bugs(which is okay, I guess, since it's early access).

#417 Posted by uninspiredcup (33391 posts) -

Onward to Mists Of Pandora.

#419 Posted by kenshiro3948 (406 posts) -

Bought Assassins Creed Odyssey on Steam last night. probably the only game I'll buy this holiday, my backlog is too huge...

#420 Edited by jun_aka_pekto (25245 posts) -

I had to backtrack waaay back to an earlier save in STALKER: Call of Pripyat because something I did that turned Freedom from friendly to neutral came back to haunt me. As a result, I can't recruit Strider to be the 5th team member for the run to Pripyat because the Freedom boss says I can't be trusted.

Just for that, I'll be friendly to Duty this time.

Oh well. CoP is always my favorite in the series. It's just that I thought I had a perfect streak going. ;)

#421 Posted by jun_aka_pekto (25245 posts) -

Still playing STALKER: Call of Pripyat.....

Lesson learned. Don't wait around to get scripted events done or else a boneheaded move by me might nullify an important scripted event. In any case, I will have the full 5-man team for the run to Pripyat. Now, I have to redo some of the missions I aced. First thing's first, I need a silent, guaranteed one-shot, one kill weapon. Thanks to the STCoP mod, I have several wonderful options. ;)

#422 Edited by kenshiro3948 (406 posts) -

Star Citizen Alpha 3.3.5 is utterly mindblowing. Some pics I took orbiting Hurston, the new planet they introduced. It has a city on it that can be seen from space...

#423 Edited by DragonfireXZ95 (25253 posts) -

@kenshiro3948: Holy crap. Time to pull the trigger on buying Star Citizen. Lol

I was playing some AC Unity(game holds up well graphically, but control wise, it's kind of awful), and I found that the beta geforce experience adds photo mode to games that don't support ansel photomode, and they now added stickers.

#424 Edited by jun_aka_pekto (25245 posts) -

STALKER: Call of Pripyat

I hate it when I'm right. The movement meter goes on and off although it looked clear to me. Then? Ambushed by a chimera followed by dinner for a chimera. ;)

The thing was so quick, I couldn't swivel fast enough to open fire. So, I ran to a cave nearby.

Normally on the vanilla game, the cave I entered is a safe area. But, I'm running the STCoP mod which allowed the chimera to follow me in. Stupid mod. ;)

In case anyone is wondering..... 1 minute in-game is equivalent to 7 seconds real-time. The time span between first and last screenshot is 2 minutes plus a few seconds (real-time).

#425 Edited by kenshiro3948 (406 posts) -

@DragonfireXZ95: They are having a Free Fly Week where anyone can play without paying. Now is the perfect time to get on board and familiarize yourself with the game. It's still very glitchy but it's a lot of fun and becoming more like a real game. Some more pics and this time some pics of Lorville (I meant it when I said you could see it from space) and myself in the Origin 600i ship. This ship is huge and extremely luxurious with several lounges and amenities onboard.....

Lorville in at sunrise
Lorville in at sunrise

Using the Metro system
Using the Metro system
Busy Spaceport
Busy Spaceport
Cockpit View at Takeoff from Hangar
Cockpit View at Takeoff from Hangar
Skyline looks like LA in Bladerunner
Skyline looks like LA in Bladerunner
Flying towards orbit
Flying towards orbit
Lorville from Orbit
Lorville from Orbit
Lorville again
Lorville again
View from the bridge.
View from the bridge.

#426 Edited by BassMan (10200 posts) -

Some more Metro: Last Light Redux. I applied a Reshade sharpening filter to combat the built in analytical anti-aliasing which makes the game look blurry. It looks much better now.

#427 Edited by DragonfireXZ95 (25253 posts) -

@kenshiro3948: I actually already pulled the trigger! :D I was going to anyway, just for Squadron 42. I grabbed one of the 65 dollar packs.

@BassMan: Damn, that looks great. I may have to grab a reshade myself.

#428 Posted by BassMan (10200 posts) -

@DragonfireXZ95 said:

@BassMan: Damn, that looks great. I may have to grab a reshade myself.

I love these Metro games. They have so much atmosphere and still look great. Metro Exodus is going to be so amazing.

I used this reshade....

https://sfx.thelazy.net/games/preset/9561/

#429 Posted by BassMan (10200 posts) -

Avatar image for deactivated-5bfca40aa8741
#430 Posted by deactivated-5bfca40aa8741 (12 posts) -

#431 Edited by jun_aka_pekto (25245 posts) -

@BassMan said:

I like the reshade. Compare it to the original (my playthrough from 2016). I preferred the 4-barrel shotgun to the rotary one. ;)

#432 Edited by kenshiro3948 (406 posts) -

@DragonfireXZ95: :D Good choice. That's a great deal too, both games for only $65.

Took more screenshots on one of Hurston's moons. Also took the opportunity to take my space bike out for a spin.....

#433 Edited by jun_aka_pekto (25245 posts) -

Checking up on Fallout 4.....

I hate to say it. But, Fallout 4 feels more like a Wild West game. I built forts to guard supply routes just like the Wild West. If I can name them, I would: Fort Kearney, Fort Laramie, Fort Bridger......

Some of my forts in Fallout 4 are based on paintings of real ones in the Wild West like the painting of Fort Laramie by Alfred Jacob Miller. I'll make em bigger once I have the resources.

#434 Edited by jun_aka_pekto (25245 posts) -

Just a slight break from the STALKER games.....

Remodeled some of the forts at the island in Fallout 4. Repaired some combat damage too. I guess these are where all the money went. ;)

I fitted in some missile batteries because the Brotherhood of Steel sometimes raid with their VTOL aircraft. Plus, the missiles ensure a wide area clear of bad guys.

#435 Edited by pitty8982 (1070 posts) -

I finally finished this game which I had abandoned as a kid for its high difficulty. The game is pretty tough, but very satisfying still. A gem from the NES era.

Little Nemo: The Dream Master by Capcom

#436 Posted by DragonfireXZ95 (25253 posts) -
@pitty8982 said:

I finally finished this game which I had abandoned as a kid for its high difficulty. The game is pretty tough, but very satisfying still. A gem from the NES era.

That's Little Nemo, right? That game was tough as hell. Lol

#437 Posted by carljohnsonCJ (413 posts) -

My SUNSET OVERDRIVE customised F

#438 Edited by Litchie (23886 posts) -
@DragonfireXZ95 said:
@pitty8982 said:

That's Little Nemo, right? That game was tough as hell. Lol

LOL, that's awesome. I loved that game as a kid, but hated it at the same time for having a difficulty from hell. But I think it's a great game. Great graphics and soundtrack. I actually beat it once back then.

#439 Edited by DragonfireXZ95 (25253 posts) -
@BassMan said:

The new reshade gave me troubles with adding it for some reason. Don't know why, so I just created one and enabled adaptive sharpening, clarity, and HDR. It's a crazy difference.

#440 Edited by BassMan (10200 posts) -

@DragonfireXZ95: Yup, huge difference. I really hate it when developers force that post AA garbage and they don't have any sharpening to counter it. I like to disable anything that blurs or degrades image quality. The forced TAA in BFV pisses me off too.

#441 Edited by jun_aka_pekto (25245 posts) -

Got you now!

The chimera that got me earlier was hard-coded into my save files. It kept appearing so long as I didn't kill it. So, this time, I hunted the hunter.

Sneaky bastard. I almost didn't catch sight of it because it was hugging every imperfection on the ground, working its way toward me until it was within range. Then, it tried to flee once it realized I had a bead on it. I love the AI in this game.

#442 Posted by jun_aka_pekto (25245 posts) -

With the chimera off my back for a few in-game days, it's time to hunt for artifacts. Gotta earn that quick moolah.

#443 Posted by xantufrog (11374 posts) -

@jun_aka_pekto: I have to admit, I don't even know what that game is. But you seem to love it to death, so I'm intrigued

#444 Edited by jun_aka_pekto (25245 posts) -

@xantufrog:

You know what it is. It's STALKER: Call of Pripyat. In my case, it's heavily modded with Absolute Nature v4.04 to make it less butt-ugly and STCoP Weapons Pack to improve the default weapons and add new ones.

The mods detuned the chimera. The one in vanilla was downright terrifying. Here, the chimera is easier to kill....somewhat. But, it can still absorb a full 40-round 5.56mm magazine without ill effect.

I'm playing on Master and it's still quite deadly.

#445 Posted by xantufrog (11374 posts) -

@jun_aka_pekto: I honestly don't know what it's about - but after all the screens I'll be looking it up

#446 Posted by jun_aka_pekto (25245 posts) -
@xantufrog said:

@jun_aka_pekto: I honestly don't know what it's about - but after all the screens I'll be looking it up

There should be plenty of reference material on it. It didn't matter how much of that stuff I read and watched. Once I started playing the game for the first time, I was in for a rude awakening. ;)

#447 Edited by jun_aka_pekto (25245 posts) -

Gee. A Loner and a Bandit got into a gunfight outside during an emission. Next thing I knew, their buddies taking shelter in the Skadovsk joined them and soon a huge firefight ensued. Then, the emission killed them all. Oh well. More bodies for me to loot. ;) Bodies everywhere outside.

These guys were loaded with goodies. It took several trips to loot them all.

#448 Edited by DragonfireXZ95 (25253 posts) -

@xantufrog said:

It can be a tough game to get into, but once you get the basics down, they are fun as hell.

#449 Posted by jun_aka_pekto (25245 posts) -

Definitely fun. Plus, no two playthroughs are alike.

The local nutcase Noah and his pseudo-pooch:

#450 Posted by jun_aka_pekto (25245 posts) -