Post your currently playing video game screenshots

#1301 Posted by uninspiredcup (35066 posts) -

Boss is an absolute nightmare. It's hit-box is all over the place and mostly based on random luck, which sucks, the rest of the game has been great thus far.

Avatar image for pinkribbonscars
#1302 Posted by PinkRibbonScars (111 posts) -

Doom 3

#1303 Posted by Cloud_imperium (14969 posts) -

Max Settings- 60fps

#1304 Edited by PinkRibbonScars (111 posts) -

#1305 Posted by uninspiredcup (35066 posts) -

And now to take down his brother, Dark Opinion

#1306 Posted by PinkRibbonScars (111 posts) -

#1307 Posted by uninspiredcup (35066 posts) -

@pinkribbonscars: Is that a modded version. or is just much better looking than I remember?

#1308 Posted by carljohnsonCJ (548 posts) -

#1309 Posted by carljohnsonCJ (548 posts) -

#1310 Edited by PinkRibbonScars (111 posts) -

@uninspiredcup: Absolute HD Mod. Sorry for the spam, I love Doom 3s aesthetics with this mod

#1311 Posted by uninspiredcup (35066 posts) -

@pinkribbonscars: Screenshot thread brah, don't need to apologize for shit

#1312 Posted by xantufrog (11700 posts) -
suck it, Diablo
suck it, Diablo

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
#1314 Posted by BenjaminBanklin (5043 posts) -

It's Gears 5 time! This game looks amazing in 4K with ultra textures.

#1315 Posted by BassMan (10677 posts) -

Getting back into FC5...

#1316 Posted by Cloud_imperium (14969 posts) -

#1317 Posted by R4gn4r0k (31608 posts) -

@BassMan said:

Getting back into FC5...

I could not get this game to run at 120fps with an I7 4790k and GTX1080ti, how is your performance at 3440x1440 and at what settings?

#1318 Edited by BassMan (10677 posts) -

@R4gn4r0k said:
@BassMan said:

Getting back into FC5...

I could not get this game to run at 120fps with an I7 4790k and GTX1080ti, how is your performance at 3440x1440 and at what settings?

I run max settings with AA and motion blur off. Runs excellent for me and it is usually at the capped frame rate of 117fps (less input lag) with G-Sync on. I also have low latency mode set to Ultra in NVCP. This game can be demanding on the CPU. You want a CPU with strong IPC and high clock speed. Your 4790K and RAM are most likely bottle-necking your minimum fps.

#1319 Posted by R4gn4r0k (31608 posts) -

@BassMan said:

I run max settings with AA and motion blur off. Runs excellent for me and it is usually at the capped frame rate of 117fps (less input lag) with G-Sync on. I also have low latency mode set to Ultra in NVCP. This game can be demanding on the CPU. You want a CPU with strong IPC and high clock speed. Your 4790K and RAM are most likely bottle-necking your minimum fps.

I'm moving to a new I7 9700K and 3200mhz DDr4 build. I'm looking to retry Far Cry V soon after. Also GTA V and Total War, which are more demanding on the CPU.

I'm definitely gonna try it with your settings, your FPS chart looks really good :D

What is low latency mode in Nvidia control panel exactly?

#1320 Edited by BassMan (10677 posts) -

@R4gn4r0k: Low latency mode is the replacement for the max pre-rendered frames option. So, setting it to Ultra is similar to setting pre-rendered frames to 1. However, there is even less input lag now.

#1321 Edited by Litchie (24346 posts) -

Hunt: Showdown. This game is not very well optimized. I play with most things on Low to Medium and my FPS still goes down to 30 often. Now, I do have an old CPU, and this game is CPU heavy. I've got the same problem with Vermintide 2, another very CPU heavy game.

Cool game, though. If there's any battle royale-like game that's actually good, this is it.

#1322 Edited by navyguy21 (15260 posts) -

@BassMan: "ON" sets pre rendered frames to 1. Ultra basically sets it to 0. It let's the CPU render the frame just in time to send to GPU. Good for when you are GPU limited in games (and between 60-100fps), bad for CPU limited games.....for obvious reasons. So if you have a GPU intensive game with max settings or running games in 4k with vsync off. Vsync ruins it because GPU is forced to wait for screen refresh anyway....so your CPU is waiting even longer. It's great for unlocked frame rates or using gsync, free sync, or fast sync.

#1323 Edited by DaVillain- (38139 posts) -

@Litchie: Question, what is your PC specs if I may ask?

#1324 Edited by Litchie (24346 posts) -

@davillain-: i5 2500k 3,3ghz

GTX1070

12GB RAM

Gonna upgrade CPU and RAM soon.

#1325 Posted by PinkRibbonScars (111 posts) -

#1326 Edited by BassMan (10677 posts) -

Loving the Doom 3 shots. That game still has great atmosphere.

#1327 Posted by NoodleFighter (10504 posts) -

Playing Darksiders 2 Deathinitive edition

#1328 Posted by uninspiredcup (35066 posts) -

Think only special snowflake who liked Darksiders 2 more than the original.

#1329 Posted by with_teeth26 (9625 posts) -
@uninspiredcup said:

Think only special snowflake who liked Darksiders 2 more than the original.

I liked it more as well! not so special after all

#1330 Edited by BassMan (10677 posts) -

#1331 Posted by PernicioEnigma (6119 posts) -

Pathologic 2

#1332 Edited by PinkRibbonScars (111 posts) -

#1333 Posted by DaVillain- (38139 posts) -

Nekopara, got this game on Steam Sale this year and money's worth spend too!

#1334 Posted by ProtossRushX (5700 posts) -

Playing Wow classic

heres my original priest in vanilla wow i was a high warlord PVP #1 on server

my first epic i got

#1335 Edited by xantufrog (11700 posts) -

Hearts of Stone

#1336 Posted by DaVillain- (38139 posts) -

@xantufrog: Just replay & beat Hearts of stone yesterday, such a great Expansion Pack! Blood & Wine isn't so far behind either but they are both great to be honest.

#1337 Posted by xantufrog (11700 posts) -

@davillain-: I'm loving it so far!

#1338 Posted by DaVillain- (38139 posts) -

@xantufrog: I won't ruin the surprise but be ready for the final confrontation.

#1339 Edited by NoodleFighter (10504 posts) -

I'm having a blast in Gears Of War 5. Even though some parts of the story got spoilt for me I'm enjoying it so far. I completed Act 1 and almost done with Act 2. The first gunfight area in Act 1 gives me Crysis 3 vibes. The mix of jungle and concrete really does it.

While I am enjoying the game there is one bit that pissed me off which was during the beginning of Act 2 when you first walk through the village Jack and Del have a tendency to get stuck in the environment by an NPC or object. Del getting stuck isn't a problem since he will try to move out the way to get unstuck unlike Jack who stays stuck even when there is nothing to get stuck by since he hovers over most things. I had to reload the the checkpoint 5 times because Jack kept getting stuck at a certain path in the beginning and even after that when I went to explore elsewhere Jack got stuck from trying to go through a large pillar instead of just following me like he was before that. That alone would make me want to take a point off the game because that is something that should be easy to spot and fix.

#1340 Edited by PinkRibbonScars (111 posts) -

God I love this game

Gears 5 is gorgeous

#1341 Posted by Litchie (24346 posts) -

Aw man. Now I feel like playing DOOM 3 for the fifteenth time.

Hunt: Showdown

Warhammer: Vermintide 2

#1342 Edited by NoodleFighter (10504 posts) -

More Gears 5. I really that they changed it up with a desert. It's a breath of fresh air when nearly every environment in the game beforehand was underground or ruined cities. I'm really interested in the different human cultures and locations if they stand out as much as this desert city.

#1343 Posted by Litchie (24346 posts) -

#1344 Posted by Ithrewupfire (100 posts) -

Gears 5

#1345 Posted by PinkRibbonScars (111 posts) -

Following up my Doom 3 playthrough with Quake 4. One of the most underrated FPS ever imo. you just have to stick with it until *that* holy shit moment happens inside a certain Strogg Facility since the first hour is admittedly underwhelming. And I'm still waiting for a sequel

Loading Video...

#1346 Edited by Litchie (24346 posts) -

@pinkribbonscars: Thought Q4 was ok until I got to a game breaking bug that made me unable to continue without starting over. Didn't think it was good enough to bother with that.

I did enjoy that moment you talk about though.

#1347 Posted by PinkRibbonScars (111 posts) -

Picked up Links Awakening. Words can't describe how amazing this looks in handheld mode on the Switchs screen

#1348 Edited by NoodleFighter (10504 posts) -

Just finished Gears Of War 5. I felt it was too short and anti climatic at the end. I honestly thought there going to be at least one more act. A shame that by the time you get most of the Jack upgrades the game is near completion so you don't really get to experience a super powered up Jack. I'd say that Jack's abilities makes the game almost like Crysis which is a good thing in my books. Was not expecting a certain choice to be made to be made near the ending and can't wait to see if it will be canon next game.

#1349 Edited by pixieValerie (23 posts) -

Started AI: The Somnium Files on Switch.

#1350 Posted by DaVillain- (38139 posts) -

Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (Currently playing this game while using Game Pass and thanks MS)