Post your currently playing video game screenshots

#601 Edited by jun_aka_pekto (25253 posts) -

I'm finally delving into unknown territory with The Ur-Quan Masters (Star Control 2). Dealing with the Shofixti and old Zex here were the farthest I got into the original game. I'll need Notepad open and start taking down notes again. Back then, I actually had pen and paper handy. ;)

#602 Posted by jun_aka_pekto (25253 posts) -

I probably should have kept notes from the beginning. It would have saved duplication of effort.

#603 Posted by jun_aka_pekto (25253 posts) -

Resumed Star Control 2. But, I was playing some GTA V yesterday.

#604 Posted by uninspiredcup (33696 posts) -

golf

#605 Posted by xantufrog (11519 posts) -

18 years on, my PS2 is still trucking

Looks like ass compared to my Dreamcast with VGA output, but I forgot how fun Ratchet and Clank and Guitar Hero are :-)

#606 Posted by cainetao11 (36598 posts) -

@xantufrog: Nice!!! Yeah I went back and played Maximo again. I love that game. I gotta finish the second one still.

#607 Posted by jun_aka_pekto (25253 posts) -

I was searching for free updated oldies and came upon Twisted Insurrection which is a standalone mod for Command & Conquer 2: Tiberian Sun. Looks like yet another game that would fit in well with my laptop and netbook.

Right now, Star Control 2 is exerting the stronger pull, though.

#608 Posted by jun_aka_pekto (25253 posts) -

Some early morning gaming before everybody gets up. ;)

#609 Posted by uninspiredcup (33696 posts) -

Hell.

Avatar image for princessgomez92
#610 Posted by PrincessGomez92 (5731 posts) -

Assassin's Creed Odyssey. I'm loving it, really fun.

#611 Posted by AdobeArtist (25160 posts) -

DOOM is simply STUNNING!!

You really have to see this sky box in motion.

And then there's this. Really took me by surprise discovering this hidden classic easter egg :D

#612 Edited by uninspiredcup (33696 posts) -

@jun_aka_pekto said:

Dam this game had great lighting.

#613 Edited by jun_aka_pekto (25253 posts) -
@uninspiredcup said:

Dam this game had great lighting.

It's a totally reworked Command & Conquer 2: Tiberian Sun. It looks okay. I still prefer the lighting in C&C: generals though. The environment in the latter felt a lot more dynamic. The ones in the older games seemed too static for me.

#614 Edited by jun_aka_pekto (25253 posts) -

I started up Dune 2 Legacy without the fog of war. I can't remember how the original game was. But, in Dune 2 Legacy, the AI already had a full base and units while I was just starting out with a Construction Yard. Cheap.

Back with 14" monitors, this was how it was:

#615 Posted by xantufrog (11519 posts) -
Dawn of War 2
Dawn of War 2
Psychonauts
Psychonauts

Getting some Linux gaming in

#616 Posted by uninspiredcup (33696 posts) -

Good game, but on the easy side though.

#617 Posted by Litchie (24037 posts) -

Got some Dead Cells screens as well, but gf is hogging the Switch.

#618 Posted by DragonfireXZ95 (25381 posts) -

@AdobeArtist: If you're not aware, there's a hidden classic stage in almost every level. ;)

#619 Posted by AdobeArtist (25160 posts) -
@DragonfireXZ95 said:

@AdobeArtist: If you're not aware, there's a hidden classic stage in almost every level. ;)

Yeah, read that in the codex. Only ever located two of them. Ah well.

Aaaaaaand finally completed the game, Ultra-Violent difficulty. I tell you too, on the final boss battle I almost.... almost.... came sooooooo close to dropping the difficulty to Hurt Me Plenty (Normal), I was getting so dam frustrated. There were plenty of frustrating moments along the way to be sure, but that was almost the straw that broke my back, lol.

BUT - from just stepping away from the game for an hour, letting me recenter myself and get my second wind, I went back into it (thankfully the checkpoint was right where I needed it to be) and BEAT THE EVER LIVING SATAN OUT OF THAT **BLEEPER** !!!

Awesome game, what an adrenaline ride from beginning to end! :D :D

#620 Posted by Pedro (34956 posts) -

#621 Posted by PernicioEnigma (6078 posts) -

Some Beamng.Drive. They recently released the Italy map which is really impressive. They've really done a good job optimizing their game - I never would have thought they'd get a map this big and this detailed that could actually run decently, but they managed to.

#622 Posted by Cloud_imperium (14923 posts) -

Finally returned to Assassin's Creed after almost 6 years of break. Playing Origins and it's dead gorgeous. Plus a lot has changed it seems since Black Flag. Runs well too. And keyboard controls are really good actually.

#623 Posted by Pedro (34956 posts) -

Aaero

#624 Edited by uninspiredcup (33696 posts) -

Guacamelee!

#625 Edited by jun_aka_pekto (25253 posts) -

Making sure my Save Game in Far Cry 5 New Game+ Mode is still okay.

#626 Posted by DaVillain- (36936 posts) -

Darksiders 3 and my favorite game so far!

#627 Posted by jun_aka_pekto (25253 posts) -

Woof!

#628 Posted by jun_aka_pekto (25253 posts) -

Playing some Crysis Warhead on the laptop while downloading The Witcher 3 via Steam on my gaming PC.

#629 Posted by BassMan (10389 posts) -

@PernicioEnigma said:

Some Beamng.Drive. They recently released the Italy map which is really impressive. They've really done a good job optimizing their game - I never would have thought they'd get a map this big and this detailed that could actually run decently, but they managed to.

That does not look detailed at all. Looks like a very dated game.

#630 Edited by jun_aka_pekto (25253 posts) -

It didn't take long to download..... But, I have to relearn the controls because it's been so long since I played the game. ;)

#631 Posted by Cloud_imperium (14923 posts) -

#632 Posted by Enragedhydra (1083 posts) -

#633 Posted by henrythefifth (2502 posts) -

The latest FFXV update added this cute cat lady to the game! And also playing Black Flag remaster on PS4. Sweet!

#634 Posted by PernicioEnigma (6078 posts) -

@BassMan said:
@PernicioEnigma said:

That does not look detailed at all. Looks like a very dated game.

By the standards of other levels in the game it's quite impressive. You're right, in terms of graphics, the engine they are using is pretty dated, but when you consider the limitations of the engine, plus the small size of the dev team, it's quite impressive. Obviously it's nothing compared to a game like Forza Horizon. Just so you know, most of the emphases in this game is on the physics and damage modeling.

#635 Posted by DrLostRib (5003 posts) -

Stealth Fish

Whoops

#636 Posted by Pedro (34956 posts) -

Just completed Mutant Year Zero

#638 Posted by jun_aka_pekto (25253 posts) -

I had the urge to fire up Fallout 4 and check on my forts and supply lines.

The Brotherhood of Steel don't like me.
The Brotherhood of Steel don't like me.
For some reason, Cait doesn't like one of my provisioners. She's shooting him instead of the scorpion.
For some reason, Cait doesn't like one of my provisioners. She's shooting him instead of the scorpion.

#639 Posted by xantufrog (11519 posts) -

@Pedro: cool, what did you think? I've been mulling over picking that up

#640 Edited by Pedro (34956 posts) -

@xantufrog said:

@Pedro: cool, what did you think? I've been mulling over picking that up

Which game?

Edit: If we are talking about Mutant Year Zero, then the game is a very solid game. Looks great. The upgrade tree makes for some interesting strategies. The loading is a bit on the longer side. You can save anywhere.

There are moments where the trajectories for attacks is blatantly wrong as in there were a few moments where I was right next to the enemy and I get the message, "No line of sight". :| I encountered a fews moments of audio hitches. There have been many user reviews and media reviews on the game's difficulty. Its hard in general but if you explore and level up when you hit a roadblock of enemies the game is pretty manageable.

Some fights are just impossible if you just jump right in. The game requires a relatively high degree of strategizing and planning ahead. One strategy that works well in the beginning is stealth takedowns of strays. It made progressing more manageable but only in the beginning. Your strategy will have to change as your progress. Also using your party's abilities is key to success. Overall, I would recommend this game but I can understand why some features are not to some liking.

#641 Posted by henrythefifth (2502 posts) -

Popped back into HZD. The best action adventure this gen. I feel really sorry for people who have not played this game, as its 1000 times better than the lame-o GoW.

#642 Posted by xantufrog (11519 posts) -

@Pedro: nice, super helpful. Thanks!

#643 Posted by Cloud_imperium (14923 posts) -

#644 Posted by uninspiredcup (33696 posts) -

Renvenge Of Teh Shinobi

#645 Edited by jun_aka_pekto (25253 posts) -

Checking up on my supply lines in Fallout 4. That's a lot of em.

#646 Posted by dagubot (1339 posts) -

Decided to give this game a go; what a way to play on PC at 60 frames in ultrawide goodness.

#647 Posted by BassMan (10389 posts) -

@dagubot: Not just ultrawide goodness, but you are not limited to the terrible 30fps or less of the Switch and Wii U versions.

#648 Edited by jun_aka_pekto (25253 posts) -

With the new and final version v1.4007 out, time for a new STALKER: Lost Alpha DC playthrough. Tough time dividing my attention between this and Star Control 2.

#649 Posted by uninspiredcup (33696 posts) -

Guacamelee!

#650 Posted by dagubot (1339 posts) -
@BassMan said:

@dagubot: Not just ultrawide goodness, but you are not limited to the terrible 30fps or less of the Switch and Wii U versions.

Amen to that brother!