Post your currently playing Video Game Screenshot (2018 New Year Edition)

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#352 jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

Upgrade time again. It's long way to travel (from Zaton) just to buy an exoskeleton.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#353 jun_aka_pekto

Never pick a fight in the open and taking fire from two sides while outnumbered double digits(?) to one. ;)

Much better.

Gatygun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#354 Gatygun
Member since 2010 • 2709 Posts

Decided to go full retard.

Played cities skylines and frankly had a blast at my friends house. However he's low on funding, so i bought him a buttload of expansions and got myself also a copy from it :P

Bought

- skyline deluxe edition

- skyline after dark expansion

- skyline mass transit expansion

- skyline snowfall expansion

- skyline natural disaster expansion

Can't wait to get further into it

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#355  Edited By jun_aka_pekto

I didn't plan on playing CoC that long. But, before I knew it, hours have passed. It has a way of drawing me in. Not bad for a free-roam game with no given objectives except the daily routine I made for myself.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#356 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41527 Posts

Morrowind - PC

Going to try and get through it

The bottom pic: That is ONE cramped mages guild.

Grey_Eyed_Elf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#357 Grey_Eyed_Elf
Member since 2011 • 7970 Posts

I've been playing a lot of games due to moving my 4K panel to my office for SRGB photo editing and got my self a Alienware AW3418HW... I have had a 2560x1080 34" and knew what I was getting into before but it was a 60Hz panel, this one is a 144Hz and I have been playing a lot of fast paced games to see how it feels and damn, I can't go back in terms of game. 4K is incredible for productivity but for gaming its all about those Hz. I went 144hz rather than going for a 100Hz 3440 display... Because Hz.

Also this is with DSR at 2x and TSSAA

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#358 jun_aka_pekto

Yay! I finally found a sleeping bag in Call of Chernobyl. It took so long to find one in this playthrough.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#359 QuadKnight
Member since 2015 • 12916 Posts

@jun_aka_pekto said:

I didn't plan on playing CoC that long. But, before I knew it, hours have passed. It has a way of drawing me in. Not bad for a free-roam game with no given objectives except the daily routine I made for myself.

Outstanding screenshot!

Decided to play some Elite Dangerous tonight before the new update hits the Live servers....

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#360  Edited By jun_aka_pekto

In CoC, it's easy to say a good Monolith is a dead Monolith. They kill on sight. Other factions though aren't so clear. Bandits are supposed to be on an Ecologist's sh*t list along with the Monoliths. But, some Bandits are neutral and I can even trade with them (and clean them out of their cash). Mercenaries aren't on the sh*t list. But, many are openly hostile to Ecologists. I always have to scout with the binoculars. If the targets aren't red, I don't shoot. It's common to see firefights without a single red target for me to shoot at.

Finding 8 artifacts with still 3 more anomalies to search is always a good haul. I kept the Stone Flower though. It bolsters my weak protection from psi-emissions.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#361 jun_aka_pekto

That's more like it. Hostiles with their backs turned on me. Short work with the Vintorez.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#362  Edited By jun_aka_pekto

This is a first in the numerous playthroughs I did with CoC. Dr. Hermann paid a fortune (250k RU) for the Heart of the Oasis although it is weird he's selling it for only 150k RU. No complaints. I was fresh broke from Forester upgrading (full Tier 3 upgrades) several of my guns.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#363  Edited By QuadKnight

Playing some Witcher 3 from scratch tonight. Decided to visit Novigrad and have some fun....

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#364  Edited By jun_aka_pekto

Mercenaries are hard to figure out. I haven't done anything to piss them off and they're supposed to be neutral. But, they shot at me often, forcing me to take em down. They do pack some good weaponry though.

I'm not sure if it's the vanilla Call of Chernobyl game or the STCoP mod. But, the game is geared toward more potent weaponry based on bullet size, especially those that use 9mm x 39 ammo. So now, I'm hunting for 9mm x 39 weapons and finding quite a few. The SR-3M certainly packs a wallop. It's shorter ranged than the Vintorez. But, it'll bring down an exoskeleton easy. I found that out the hard way when it was pointed at me by the merc I took it from.

He He. I used to throw away the SR-3M in my previous playthroughs because I though it was merely a copy of the 5.45mm AKM-74U.

I hate it when hostiles and neutrals are working together such as Bandits and Freedom. I have to really pick my targets. A couple of zombies popped up and started shooting at these guys. So, I left them alone.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#365 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58859 Posts

Loading Video...

Keep rollin' rolln' rollin'

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#366  Edited By jun_aka_pekto

Changed the weapon mix to an all 9mm x 39 (SR-3M and VSK-94) set up. I'll stick with it unless the ammo runs low.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#368  Edited By jun_aka_pekto

Shortly past noon and it's dark, following an emission. A few hours later, it's sunny. I like the weather cycle. One thing I don't like about this game is when I was just starting out and short on cash, there was all kinds of ammo on sale. Now that I have the moolah, there are shortages, esp 9mm x 39 ammo.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#369  Edited By QuadKnight

I was able to get a nice Star Citizen session tonight.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#370 jun_aka_pekto

Back to 5.56mm ammo. I'm down to my last 60 rounds of 9mm x 39.

Anyway, these three army dudes mopped the floor of any faction that took a shot at them. They've been visiting Zaton ever since I first set up camp at the Skadovsk.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#371  Edited By jun_aka_pekto

It's interesting to know the people I do errands for can also travel to different parts of the CoC game world. The guy I'm looking for was at the Jupiter map. Apparently, he moved to the Zaton map by the time I got what he needed. Unfortunately, an emission turned him and his buddies into zombies. So, no reward expected.

Anyway, I've been building up funds so I can get the Deep Pockets achievement. It might help me get more advanced artifact detectors.

I also like dusk in the game world. Looks like the real ones here at home.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#372  Edited By jun_aka_pekto

Yay. It took most of yesterday and today. But, I got the artifact and moolah achievements. Hopefully, they'll help me find more advanced artifact detectors.

Sigh. One hostile and one neutral. Yet, they're both bandits. Well, I shot the hostile one which made the neutral one hostile as well.

The Monolith gained RPG-7s. That means it won't be long before they lay siege to the ship.

Grey_Eyed_Elf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#373 Grey_Eyed_Elf

The new patch fixed PUBG to near perfection... Almost never drops below 90FPS even when your in the plane. This is on Ultra 2560x1080, super smooth now. Hopefully they fix the 21:9 crop next.

During gameplay my framerates stay with in sweet spot of 100-144FPS which is absolutely wonderful on a 144Hz display.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#374 jun_aka_pekto

Oh yeah.

The army guys in the screenshot I showed a few days ago were caught in the open during an emission and got zombified. I have Mr. Beret's sniper rifle now. ;)

As far as I know, that rifle hasn't shown up anywhere else.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#375 jun_aka_pekto

Wooo. I knew it. Getting the Deep Pockets achievement opened up not just the Tier 3 Veles artifact detector, but also the Tier 4 Svarog as well. I purchased both. ;) The Svarog is okay for dark days. But, the Veles is better for finding artifacts during sunny days because the dots are bigger.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#376  Edited By jun_aka_pekto

The Veles and Svarog detectors in action. Also, I don't know who said NPCs don't go artifact-hunting. But, they do here. They took the artifacts while I was testing the detectors even though there's no animation showing it. They just walked by and the artifacts disappeared.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#377  Edited By jun_aka_pekto

Geeez. Just like that.

I blew over 500k RU on upgrading four guns (all the way to Tier 3).

This playthrough is also very different from my previous one.

Here, the stashes have been largely useless. In my previous playthrough, I found the Veles and Svarog detector early from stashes along with the Tier 2 and Tier 3 tools.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#378  Edited By jun_aka_pekto

Darn it. The Monolith are getting a little too close to the ship. They're using my gun config. Copycats. ;)

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#379  Edited By jun_aka_pekto

Chasing after an artifact that rolled far, far away from the anomaly it originated from.

A chimera took up residence nearby. Too bad it didn't last long against a new set of visiting army guys.

Interesting. A beret with a headlamp. LED? ;)

scatteh316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#380 scatteh316
Member since 2004 • 10273 Posts

The grass draw distance mod does wonders for Call Of Pripiyat...... I ran it and it looks awesome (Performance hog though)

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#381  Edited By jun_aka_pekto
@scatteh316 said:

The grass draw distance mod does wonders for Call Of Pripiyat...... I ran it and it looks awesome (Performance hog though)

I think Absolute Nature v4.04 for Call of Pripyat has that option. It's not out yet for the standalone mod, Call of Chernobyl. I've been playing more of the latter.

scatteh316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#382 scatteh316
Member since 2004 • 10273 Posts

@jun_aka_pekto said:
@scatteh316 said:

I think Absolute Nature v4.04 for Call of Pripyat has that option. It's not out yet for the standalone mod, Call of Chernobyl. I've been playing more of the latter.

TrSSAA needs turning on, would do that image wonders.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#383  Edited By jun_aka_pekto

This was earlier. But, I guess NPCs have bad luck too. This Monolith schmoe was having a bad day. He takes one shot at me. Next thing he knows, two fractures attacked him. Next came a pack of mutts and pseudo-mutts. A bloodsucker followed. Finally, another stalker. He killed them all. I'd let him go if he left. But, he took another shot at me after all that. So.......

He won't be visiting again. ;)

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#384  Edited By jun_aka_pekto

The scientist at the Jupiter bunker do pay a good price for mutant body parts in Call of Chernobyl. For example, he pays 750 RU for a fracture's hand while the Freedom commander only pays 128 RU.

It would have been nice if Call of Pripyat allowed harvesting mutants for body parts, considering the prices paid for artifacts are fairly low.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#385  Edited By jun_aka_pekto

I've been looking for an AS-VAL. I finally have it after 51 game world days courtesy of the Monolith.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#386  Edited By jun_aka_pekto

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#387 uninspiredcup

Can't beleive this guy got a 60% win rate. Even when he was anti-aired he continued to spam it over and over, even people on Rookie don't do that shit.

Loading Video...

FLOPPAGE_50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#388  Edited By FLOPPAGE_50
Member since 2004 • 4500 Posts

Not mine but it's insane how good Forza horizon ONE looks via Backwards Compatibility in the newest update, unreal.. magicians over at MS.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#389  Edited By jun_aka_pekto

Venturing out more from the Call of Pripyat world in Call of Chernobyl. Passing through the Bandit stronghold in Dark Valley was a pain. But, I made it to the neutral camp in the southern part.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#390  Edited By jun_aka_pekto

After the foray into the middle part of The Zone, it's nice to be back at Jupiter and Zaton.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#391  Edited By jun_aka_pekto

The weather effects is one reason why I started liking Call of Chernobyl. I don't care much for the days and weeks of rain because it doesn't seem appropriate for a non-tropical looking place. But, the cloudy days and fog seem about right. Good thing the game allows customization of some weather parameters. I took off all rain from the maps and made the weather either sunny/cloudy/foggy. Now, it feels right.

I like it especially when the fog at the surface limits visibility, but the sky can still be seen. The proper aviation weather term is "partial obscuration" and the game does it well.

I like its effects because it forces enemy snipers to come close enough to be detected. Sure, they can conceal themselves in the tall grass. But, the tall grass aren't going to stop bullets. ;)

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#392 uninspiredcup

FF demo.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#393 jun_aka_pekto

It's so good to be on leave. I should be doing yard work today. But? Meh. I'll game instead.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#395 jun_aka_pekto

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#396 jun_aka_pekto
@scatteh316 said:

TrSSAA needs turning on, would do that image wonders.

You mean the Transparency Supersample in the Nvidia Control Panel? Hmmm. I do have it turned off. I might enable it if I play CoP again.

Avatar image for deactivated-60113e7859d7d
deactivated-60113e7859d7d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#397  Edited By deactivated-60113e7859d7d
Member since 2017 • 3808 Posts

Broke the physics again.

Grey_Eyed_Elf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#398 Grey_Eyed_Elf

Played a bit of the demo last night, not bad but I wont be getting it not my type of game.

navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#399 navyguy21
Member since 2003 • 17421 Posts

@Grey_Eyed_Elf said:

Played a bit of the demo last night, not bad but I wont be getting it not my type of game.

How did it run?

I want to get it but the benchmark was released in a half finished state so I couldnt really get a good idea of the performance.

Grey_Eyed_Elf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#400 Grey_Eyed_Elf

@navyguy21 said:
@Grey_Eyed_Elf said:

How did it run?

I want to get it but the benchmark was released in a half finished state so I couldnt really get a good idea of the performance.

Its a on steam and is a free demo so give it a shot.

Its very CPU heavy and the Nvidia features along with the tessellation are the most demanding parts so turning those options off pretty much smooths out all performance issues.

The screen above is with 2560x1080 at 200% resolution and the highest settings and no Nvidia options and my framerates are around 50-70FPS.

If I play it at 2560x1080 with the resolution at 125% with no Nvidia features and the tessellation off my framerates are 60-90FPS, which I found to be the sweet spot.

Overall I think it doesn't run that bad but could be better, I guess the launch version could be a lot better so you never know.