Polyphony Digital should take a break and rethink everything.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Arthray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Arthray
Member since 2008 • 150 Posts

It seems to me that all they're doing is throwing us a bone here and there just to keep us occupied for a short while. They made GT: HD, which according to general public reception, only did very averagely. Then TWO years later, they came up with GT5: P, which undeniably wasn't much of a success, but was rather some sort of lazy excuse because they probably realized their turtle-speed would achieve GT5 in 2011. What frustated me the most is the fact that they hype every iteration as the "best driving simulator out there", even though I very much suspect they know it's a half-finished piece of work. And then their GT: PSP (which was at work for almost 5 years or so), gets a 6.8 from IGN and a 7.0 from Eurogamer. Now I have had a PS3 for close to 3 years, and own GT: P myself.

Can we agree that we deserve better than their subpar products?

Alpha-Male22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Alpha-Male22
Member since 2008 • 3782 Posts

Too late for that.

I really dont understand how the flop of GTPSP is trickling down to GT5

PS2_ROCKS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 PS2_ROCKS
Member since 2003 • 4679 Posts
GT PSP has nothing to do with GT5 other than the car lineup. It is a game you play for maybe an hour at a time or so. Polyphony probably thought the career mode would be more of a nuisance than a selling feature. Personally I think it was a mistake on their part, but lets be honest and use our brains here. GT 5 is a full fledged game. It's not a demo, and its not for a handheld. It's going above and beyond its predecessors i.e GT1, 2, 3, 4 which have all scored AA or AAA. You'd be foolish to GT 5 will not score the greater than or the same.
SergeAndKid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 SergeAndKid
Member since 2009 • 373 Posts
No they should take a permanent break and not just rethink but "THINK"
smithster118

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 smithster118
Member since 2008 • 3910 Posts

BREAK? They've spent loads of time on GT5 and delayed it constantly. It took them 4 years to make a crap racing game!

How many breaks do they want?