POLL Should Morgan Webb come to GameSpot?

• 89 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Tony-Baxter (6498 posts) -
(POLL)
#2 Posted by clyde46 (49048 posts) -
Who?
#3 Posted by MonsieurX (36675 posts) -
Who?clyde46
#4 Posted by Pittfan666 (8638 posts) -
If there was one entity that reviewed games worse than GameSpot it was Xplay. So no.
#5 Posted by Tony-Baxter (6498 posts) -
Who?clyde46
Dont you own a TV set?
#6 Posted by clyde46 (49048 posts) -

[QUOTE="clyde46"]Who?Tony-Baxter
Dont you own a TV set?

Yes.... Not everyone is from the US nub nuts.

#7 Posted by AdobeArtist (24624 posts) -

I would rather see Adam Sessler come here.

#8 Posted by santoron (8583 posts) -

Ewwww. Do not want.

AdobeArtist

Also this.

#9 Posted by freedomfreak (49736 posts) -
No clue who that is.
#10 Posted by Pikminmaniac (11185 posts) -

Ummm, Morgan Webb is pretty much the worst living entity associated with video games that I am aware of so no. She's just as smart as the worst fanboy on these forums (thinks Mario needs a gripping story and that it's too kiddy for her to play LOL). I would like to see Sessler join though. He has a good head on his shoulders.

#11 Posted by nini200 (11484 posts) -

I'd much rather have Tommy Tallarico and Victor Lucas come here as reviewers. G4 Judgement Day was the BEST

Honestly I think Gamespot needs to get rid of at least one reviewer, I won't say her name though.

#12 Posted by SaltyMeatballs (25164 posts) -

AdobeArtist
He just went to Rev3
#13 Posted by tagyhag (15874 posts) -
Rather have The Sess. Too bad he's unavailable. :(
#14 Posted by Lionheart08 (15814 posts) -

AdobeArtist

I actually think it would be cool if Sessler created his oown site like Jeff Gertsmann did with GiantBomb.

#15 Posted by LegatoSkyheart (29547 posts) -

[QUOTE="clyde46"]Who?MonsieurX

#16 Posted by AdobeArtist (24624 posts) -

Ummm, Morgan Webb is pretty much the worst living entity associated with video games that I am aware of so no. She's just as smart as the worst fanboy on these forums (thinks Mario needs a gripping story and that it's too kiddy for her to play LOL). I would like to see Sessler join though. He has a good head on his shoulders.

Pikminmaniac

I'm guessing some people don't know that before X Play, Morgan Webb got her start with Tech Tv on the Screen Savers. She did the Windows help features like editing the registry, accessing the administrative services to tweak performance, and the like. Not just a gamer, she's actually highly tech savvy. While her opinion on games is certainly debateable, her intelligence in the field of tech ain't exactly falling short.

#17 Posted by AdobeArtist (24624 posts) -

[QUOTE="AdobeArtist"]

Lionheart08

I actually think it would be cool if Sessler created his oown site like Jeff Gertsmann did with GiantBomb.

Like "Meet the Sess"? ;)

[spoiler] wondering if anybody knows what specifically I'm referencing? :P [/spoiler]

#18 Posted by Clock-w0rk (3378 posts) -

[QUOTE="MonsieurX"][QUOTE="clyde46"]Who?LegatoSkyheart

#19 Posted by LegatoSkyheart (29547 posts) -

[QUOTE="Pikminmaniac"]

AdobeArtist

I'm guessing some people don't know that before X Play, Morgan Webb got her start with Tech Tv on the Screen Savers. She did the Windows help features like editing the registry, accessing the administrative services to tweak performance, and the like. Not just a gamer, she's actually highly tech savvy. While her opinion on games is certainly debateable, her intelligence in the field of tech ain't exactly falling short.

More than enough reason why she shouldn't go to a Game Website.

#20 Posted by Jaysonguy (39454 posts) -

[QUOTE="Pikminmaniac"]

AdobeArtist

I'm guessing you didn't know that her job on Screen Savers was to google up info during the show and read off tips that were made by someone else for her to read.

Common mistake

Avatar image for bonesawisready5
#21 Posted by bonesawisready5 (4971 posts) -
No! Good lord a lot of the GS reviews are written poorly already (seriously getting upset at Zombi U not being an action game and for Zombies walking at human speed? WTF!) and GS already thinks 8.5 is the highest score any Nintendo game can ever get if it isn't called "Super Mario Galaxy" so if Webb was here Nintendo games would get even less attention and more negativity. I'm not saying Nintendo games don't deserve negativity, its a case by case basis but Morgan Webb clearly hasn't liked Nintendo's "games for everyone" approach because she acts like it invalidates her as an adult. I'd rather "professional" journalists in the gaming industry not care about who a product is marketed towards, rather whether that product is good altogether.
#22 Posted by santoron (8583 posts) -

[QUOTE="Pikminmaniac"]

AdobeArtist

Playing Devil's Advocate here, since I have neither knowledge or frankly any opinion on her "tech savvy", but what's to say her Tech TV stint was anything more than another actress reading cue cards about a subject she had no personal knowledge about?

I DO have an opinion on her video game tastes, however. IMO, she rates somewhere around Sniper.:P

#23 Posted by LegatoSkyheart (29547 posts) -

No! Good lord a lot of the GS reviews are written poorly already (seriously getting upset at Zombi U not being an action game and for Zombies walking at human speed? WTF!) and GS already thinks 8.5 is the highest score any Nintendo game can ever get if it isn't called "Super Mario Galaxy" so if Webb was here Nintendo games would get even less attention and more negativity. I'm not saying Nintendo games don't deserve negativity, its a case by case basis but Morgan Webb clearly hasn't liked Nintendo's "games for everyone" approach because she acts like it invalidates her as an adult. I'd rather "professional" journalists in the gaming industry not care about who a product is marketed towards, rather whether that product is good altogether.bonesawisready5

Yeah you should really note the PS3 games that got 7.5'd.

#24 Posted by Heil68 (57687 posts) -
Never heard of her so I dont care.
#25 Posted by AdobeArtist (24624 posts) -

[QUOTE="AdobeArtist"]

[QUOTE="Pikminmaniac"]

Jaysonguy

I'm guessing you didn't know that her job on Screen Savers was to google up info during the show and read off tips that were made by someone else for her to read.

Common mistake

TV lied to me again!! And I'm still waiting for my health care reform that some politician promised me :x :P

#26 Posted by MLBknights58 (5016 posts) -

I enjoy Morgan Webb, so yeah I'd be down.

Avatar image for todd2r_Partdeux
#27 Posted by todd2r_Partdeux (762 posts) -
She looks like a young Skeletor. I wish I could have her get naked and I would throw bologna slices at her pale white ass.
#28 Posted by glez13 (9745 posts) -

[QUOTE="MonsieurX"][QUOTE="clyde46"]Who?LegatoSkyheart

#29 Posted by ZombieKiller7 (6364 posts) -

Who the f*ck is Morgan Webb.

I voted no because I don't like the name "Morgan."

#30 Posted by freedomfreak (49736 posts) -
Just looked up some pictures. Her face looks....peculiar.
#31 Posted by T_0_D (1128 posts) -

[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

[QUOTE="AdobeArtist"]

AdobeArtist

Common mistake

TV lied to me again!! And I'm still waiting for my health care reform that some politician promised me :x :P

Maybe next election! Ha! On Morgan Webb, only if she shoves those cannons in my face! Pow! That just happened!
#32 Posted by T_0_D (1128 posts) -
She looks like a young Skeletor. I wish I could have her get naked and I would throw bologna slices at her pale white ass. todd2r_Partdeux
Ah, I just laughed out loud! The Howard Stern bologna game. I would still bang Morgan, I must be into Skeletor! Ha!
#34 Posted by The_Pacific (1804 posts) -
GS has enough Lemmings running their mouths.
#35 Posted by santoron (8583 posts) -

Who the f*ck is Morgan Webb.

I voted no because I don't like the name "Morgan."

ZombieKiller7
As good a reason as any.
#36 Posted by Farsendor1 (462 posts) -

Pikminmaniac

if she said that about mario then she is partly right. mario does need a gripping story

#37 Posted by guard12 (2018 posts) -

Meh i would be more open to sessler coming around. I feel Morgan was too anti Nintendo and too much of a Lem which makes her too biased imo

#38 Posted by Pikminmaniac (11185 posts) -

[QUOTE="Pikminmaniac"]

Farsendor1

if she said that about mario then she is partly right. mario does need a gripping story

That's a joke right? Saying Mario needs a gripping story ranks among the stupidest things a person can say about a game. Mario essentially needs NO story whatsoever. Trying to make a gripping story out of it would pretty much undoubtedly make the game worse.

#39 Posted by GarGx1 (9159 posts) -

[QUOTE="Farsendor1"]

[QUOTE="Pikminmaniac"]

Pikminmaniac

That's a joke right? Saying Mario needs a gripping story ranks among the stupidest things a person can say about a game. Mario essentially needs NO story whatsoever. Trying to make a gripping story out of it would pretty much undoubtedly make the game worse.

A bit like the movie then? :P

#40 Posted by ShadowMoses900 (17081 posts) -

I don't really care either way.

#41 Posted by getyeryayasout (11426 posts) -
He Man's mortal enemy, Lockjaw? No way.
#42 Posted by Wiimotefan (4150 posts) -

F*CK.NO.

You could random select a SW user to become a GS editor and likely get a better result. I'm not even joking in the slightest.

#43 Posted by NeonNinja (17318 posts) -

I think she's cute, but she's pretty dumb. So.... I dunno. On the one hand, she's cute. On the other hand, she's dumb.

Also, inb4 lol morgan manjaw. Srsly, guys, f*ck off. She cute.

#44 Posted by AdobeArtist (24624 posts) -

F*CK.NO.

You could random select a SW user to become a GS editor and likely get a better result. I'm not even joking in the slightest.

Wiimotefan

AdobeArtist hereby announces his candidacy for Gamespot editor. I stand for free DLC, $30 new release games, reduction of multiplayer, HOT sigs, and seeing that every platform gets AAA+ games!!!! :D :D :D

VOTE FOR ADOBEARTIST :cool:

#45 Posted by freedomfreak (49736 posts) -

[QUOTE="Wiimotefan"]

F*CK.NO.

AdobeArtist

AdobeArtist hereby announces his candidacy for Gamespot editor. I stand for free DLC, $30 new release games, reduction of multiplayer, HOT sigs, and seeing that every platform gets AAA+ games!!!! :D :D :D

+1 vote.
#46 Posted by NeonNinja (17318 posts) -

[QUOTE="Wiimotefan"]

F*CK.NO.

AdobeArtist

YOU HAVE MY VOTE, CAPTAIN! I WILL FOLLOW YOU TO THE ENDS OF EVERY EDITORIAL IF THIS IS YOUR STANCE!!

#47 Posted by Wiimotefan (4150 posts) -

I think she's cute, but she's pretty dumb. So.... I dunno. On the one hand, she's cute. On the other hand, she's dumb.

NeonNinja

... but she does have a bit of a manjaw. It depends on the day though, sometimes shes alright.

But if cute is on the agenda, I'm sure GS could find someone more attractive that is also more fit to review games.

#48 Posted by NeonNinja (17318 posts) -

[QUOTE="NeonNinja"]

Wiimotefan

... but she does have a bit of a manjaw. It depends on the day though, sometimes shes alright.

But if cute is on the agenda, I'm sure GS could find someone more attractive that is also more fit to review games.

....Well, I don't want her reviewing games or anything... but I'm just saying.

#49 Posted by MLBknights58 (5016 posts) -

NeonNinja

I agree with this also. She is pretty attractive.

#50 Posted by AznbkdX (4176 posts) -

[QUOTE="Pikminmaniac"]

AdobeArtist

Huh, I didn't know that. You learn something every day.

Most of those paid hosts tend to read off the good ole note card. If she didn't just copy what the guys wanted her to say in its entirety though thats impressive.