Pokemon X,Y has more ways to level up faster

• 63 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

FlamesOfGrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 FlamesOfGrey
Member since 2009 • 7511 Posts

[QUOTE="Crazyguy105"]

[QUOTE="turtlethetaffer"]

Really? I find that grinding in Heartgold is tough. I always felt like they didn;t give enough EXP, at least in Mt. Silver.

turtlethetaffer

Dude me too. I couldn't finish SoulSilver because of how bad leveling up felt. It took ages early on in the game because the EXP depended on the Pokemon instead of their level.

So glad B/W changed that and made the level of the mon matter, instead of the species.

I meant in the post game team building.  During the main story, I didn't ever have too much trouble with leveling up as long as I used about four Pokemon (which I did) but when trying to make my "ideal team" (not competitive, just a team I wanted) I found that Mt. Silver was really difficult to level up my higher level guys in.

White 2 was really bad to grind during the story.  Unless you had two or three Pokemon picked out that you wanted to use, leveling up was abysmal.  Wild Pokemon were so low level that you'd never get more than like nine hundred EXP until Victory Road.  This was really really bad. One of the weaknesses of the game IMO.

Did you not just seek out Audino patches of grass in B/W 2? She will give hundred to thousands of points per battle depending on her level and she's pretty common.
Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#52 turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

[QUOTE="Crazyguy105"]

Dude me too. I couldn't finish SoulSilver because of how bad leveling up felt. It took ages early on in the game because the EXP depended on the Pokemon instead of their level.

So glad B/W changed that and made the level of the mon matter, instead of the species.

FlamesOfGrey

I meant in the post game team building.  During the main story, I didn't ever have too much trouble with leveling up as long as I used about four Pokemon (which I did) but when trying to make my "ideal team" (not competitive, just a team I wanted) I found that Mt. Silver was really difficult to level up my higher level guys in.

White 2 was really bad to grind during the story.  Unless you had two or three Pokemon picked out that you wanted to use, leveling up was abysmal.  Wild Pokemon were so low level that you'd never get more than like nine hundred EXP until Victory Road.  This was really really bad. One of the weaknesses of the game IMO.

Did you not just seek out Audino patches of grass in B/W 2? She will give hundred to thousands of points per battle depending on her level and she's pretty common.

During the story? Of course I did. I just never got lucky enough to find her most times :(

FlamesOfGrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 FlamesOfGrey

[QUOTE="FlamesOfGrey"][QUOTE="turtlethetaffer"]

turtlethetaffer

During the story? Of course I did. I just never got lucky enough to find her most times :(

Ah that's some bad luck. I'd have her pop up all the time.
Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#54 turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

[QUOTE="FlamesOfGrey"] Did you not just seek out Audino patches of grass in B/W 2? She will give hundred to thousands of points per battle depending on her level and she's pretty common.FlamesOfGrey

Lucky you :P

Oh well, in dragon Quest IX I got a treasure map that has a floor with nothing but Metal King Slimes :D  That made up for the lack of Audinos in White 2 for me.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#55 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

[QUOTE="FlamesOfGrey"] Did you not just seek out Audino patches of grass in B/W 2? She will give hundred to thousands of points per battle depending on her level and she's pretty common.FlamesOfGrey

Yeah, they're pretty easy to find. Just wait for rustling grass (or exit and re-enter an area if the grass won't rustle). I kind of wish the Black/White games had chaining like Diamond/Pearl/Platinum did.
Jonwh18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 Jonwh18
Member since 2009 • 9350 Posts

[QUOTE="Crazyguy105"]

FlamesOfGrey

Terrible for a pokemon's EV unless you are trying to EV train it to have high HP. 

FlamesOfGrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 FlamesOfGrey

Jonwh18

Terrible for a pokemon's EV unless you are trying to EV train it to have high HP. 

His post said said grinding during the story for White 2 which is why I mentioned Audino. My previous post mentioned Audino wasn't good for general EV training unless she was necessary for it.
Jonwh18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 Jonwh18
Member since 2009 • 9350 Posts

regardless, they had trainers on multiple route that you could battle infinitely for the sole purpose of grinding. 

FlamesOfGrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 FlamesOfGrey

regardless, they had trainers on multiple route that you could battle infinitely for the sole purpose of grinding. 

Jonwh18
I found Audino a much quicker method for my playthroughs. To each his own.
Crazyguy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#60 Crazyguy105
Member since 2009 • 9513 Posts

Jonwh18

Why are you worried about EVs for the main storyline? lol

After the story, you just grind in the White Forest/Black Tower which gives loads of exp and can level up a pokemon to level 50 in 20-30 minutes.

funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 funsohng
Member since 2005 • 29976 Posts

Honestly I have no issue with that. But I'm waiting for the "hardcore" players to come in here and start whining.

turtlethetaffer
Why would we? Most of the hardcore gamers actually want easier grinding (which we got in post-game BW) for multiplayer.
Mario1331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#62 Mario1331
Member since 2005 • 8929 Posts

oct cant come fast enough

R3FURBISHED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#63 R3FURBISHED
Member since 2008 • 12408 Posts
Faster leveling? Its all about EV leveling!!