Pokemon X and Y Talk; Luminose City Glitch Patch in eShop!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#901 Posted by Shinobishyguy (22928 posts) -

Mega gengar is OP as f% ck. I almost feel dirty using him.

(Then I remember I'm battling a bunch if punks that abuse speed boost blaziken and I feel better)

#902 Posted by R3FURBISHED (12336 posts) -

So yeah, was just challenged to a random battle by some guy in Japan...I misunderstood the rules of a three pokemon battle (thought you could only take in three pokemon) and beat his six pokemon line up with my Tyranitar, Garchomp and Delphox only

His lineup included Yveltal, Xerneas, Vaporeon, and Mega Evolution Medicham.

#903 Edited by Joedgabe (5134 posts) -

@R3FURBISHED: yea it's some ridiculous number.. i read once that breeding a pokemon with a shiny doesn't increase the chances of the shiny however breeding a pokemon with a traded pokemon does increase the chances of a shiny. It's what i've read at least... but that was for generation 4 though... i don't know if they changed the rules on This generation (VI ) and it seems they have since a lot of people have shinys.

#904 Posted by Allicrombie (26207 posts) -

@Shinobishyguy said:

Mega gengar is OP as f% ck. I almost feel dirty using him.

(Then I remember I'm battling a bunch if punks that abuse speed boost blaziken and I feel better)

LOL

#905 Edited by R3FURBISHED (12336 posts) -

@Joedgabe said:

@R3FURBISHED: yea it's some ridiculous number.. i read once that breeding a pokemon with a shiny doesn't increase the chances of the shiny however breeding a pokemon with a traded pokemon does increase the chances of a shiny. It's what i've read at least... but that was for generation 4 though... i don't know if they changed the rules on This generation (VI ) and it seems they have since a lot of people have shinys.

Masuda Method is what you are referring to

#906 Edited by Joedgabe (5134 posts) -

@R3FURBISHED: yup that's the one.. though idk if it works or not... it's kinda hard to experiment with such low numbers.. but i do think the chances of getting shiny's now are higher... i would hope so... that way people would stop cheating their way into getting one :/

#907 Posted by svm128 (376 posts) -

My friend code: 3496-9244-9640

#908 Edited by Allicrombie (26207 posts) -

@svm128 said:

My friend code: 3496-9244-9640

added!

#909 Posted by V3rciS (2236 posts) -

Pokemon inspired by Tim Burton.... kinda awesome in a way if you ask me.

http://imgur.com/a/FRClL

#910 Edited by cain006 (8625 posts) -

Is there any way to have a single battle with 6 pokemon on the battle spot thing? Because it sucks only having 3.

#911 Posted by Sagem28 (10498 posts) -

If I delete my save file, to start a new game. Do I keep my ingame friend list ?
Does anybody know this ?

#912 Posted by Allicrombie (26207 posts) -

@Sagem28 said:

If I delete my save file, to start a new game. Do I keep my ingame friend list ?

Does anybody know this ?

think your in game friend list is based on your 3DS friend list, so it shouldn't be affected.

#913 Edited by Sword-Demon (7007 posts) -

@V3rciS: neat, but a lot of them look too similar

#914 Posted by Allicrombie (26207 posts) -

*shameless plug* I reviewed Pokemon X.

#915 Edited by AznbkdX (4176 posts) -

Did my first set of battles at the institute with Gliscor, Mienshao, and Yanmega. Terrible team I know but I wanted to try them out. I got Elite rank the two times I did it, but it wasn't as simple as I expected. Kind of got lucky on the trainer selection to be sure, but I was surprised how well they did considering I was lazy and none had good movesets yet. Type coverage was TERRIBLE. I should probably send in another better team who won't struggle as much (or give these guys moves), but honestly I'm not entirely sure it's worth the BP. Regular Single battle seems to be the best BP farming that is a guarantee even with some of the BS Battle Tower variants throw at you.

What eeveelution should I breed up next aside from Flareon, Jolteon, and Leafeon? Already got Leafeon and not a fan of the others.

#916 Edited by cain006 (8625 posts) -

Man I am liking mega pinsir. It has around 230-240 attack and 160 speed. Its ability lets me use return and quick attack for great stab moves. I have it knowing swords dance but I rarely get to set it up so I'm thinking that I will give it a scarf or something and get stone edge or something. Its moves are quick attack, return, earthquake, and swords dance.

Also does anyone know if you can get volcarona in X or Y?

#917 Edited by AznbkdX (4176 posts) -

@cain006: Haven't found volcarona's first form yet out in the field. I'm guessing it's a safari pokemon?

Those are some good moves for mega pinsir just by looking at its page. Pumping up his speed and attack and you should be golden.

A sleep talk build would also be perfectly hilarious, or a staller sub build since he has toxic and fairly hard hitting moves. Wouldn't really advise them since his hp, and typing (stealth rock sucks for you) are sort of lacking but it would probably be pretty funny.

Luckily stealth rock won't effect his first turn much considering he is just bug type pinsir, but its still bothersome for any build. He is definitely built primarily to hit hard and die hard although I'm not sure how good it is compared to the other megas. Haven't checked honestly.

#918 Edited by AznbkdX (4176 posts) -

FC: 4398-9135-9153

I would really like to know what my safari is.

#919 Posted by Shinobishyguy (22928 posts) -

Protean greninja is fuckin amazing and you should all raise one

#920 Posted by DSmon (2220 posts) -

@AznbkdX: I'll tell you what is in your safari. my fc is 1590-5462-1038.

#921 Edited by mems_1224 (56914 posts) -

@Allicrombie said:

*shameless plug* I reviewed Pokemon X.

*starts petition to fire allicrombie from gs*

#922 Edited by AznbkdX (4176 posts) -

@Shinobishyguy: You should trade me one later. ,;)

#923 Edited by AznbkdX (4176 posts) -

@DSmon: Added you. Hopefully its awesome haha.

#924 Edited by DSmon (2220 posts) -

@AznbkdX said:

@DSmon: Added you. Hopefully its awesome haha.

You have Espurr, Arbra, and Xatu in your safari.

#925 Edited by AznbkdX (4176 posts) -

@DSmon: Aw man. :[

Oh well I like psychic so I guess that fit me. =D

Oh and thanks for the trade. Didn't have anything but breeded pokes so sorry for the common poke.

#926 Edited by DSmon (2220 posts) -

@AznbkdX: np, i was just going to release them / wonder trade them anyway.

#927 Posted by Zaraxius (221 posts) -

Honedge and his family line have some of the stupidest designs in all the history of Pokemon... But I'll be a socially competent PC gamer with a cleanly shaved face if he isn't good.

#928 Edited by Joedgabe (5134 posts) -

@cain006: Supposedly they show up in the friend safari. I haven't had any luck with it though.

#929 Edited by cain006 (8625 posts) -

@Joedgabe: Actually this random dude who battled me and then traded me a skarmory has larvestas in his safari. So you can definitely get them. I have extras if anyone wants them, they're speed up attack down.

@zaraxius: I actually think Aegislash is pretty cool. And Honedge is pretty badass when you send him out though it looks bad any other time.

#930 Posted by DSmon (2220 posts) -

Dat feeling when your trying to hatch a party full of eggs and realize you forgot the everstone...

#931 Posted by Sword-Demon (7007 posts) -

my planned team (if I can somehow manage to find them all):

1. Gliscor
  2. Togekiss
  3. Volcarona
  4. Hydreigon
  5. Aggron
  6. Starmie

feel free to rate

#932 Edited by Joedgabe (5134 posts) -

@cain006: I love volcarona.... it's devastating to unsuspecting victims! but i'm trying to back off my old teams and have a new one... the second i have volcarona i'm gonna shove it right in the team.

@Sword-Demon: Nice team! i'd probably pick a back up move for Aggron though.. everyone and their mother runs Water type pokemons in their teams and Aggron has really low S.Def.

#933 Posted by Sword-Demon (7007 posts) -

@cain006: O.O

I can has?

#934 Edited by AznbkdX (4176 posts) -

@cain006: Send one of those buggers my way please.

#935 Posted by AznbkdX (4176 posts) -

Trained up an eevee for espeon. Of course I forgot his best ability was a hidden one...

Damn it... I hate that hidden ability crap...

#936 Edited by Sword-Demon (7007 posts) -

@Joedgabe: yeah, Aggron was a tough choice with his low speed and special defense, he's easily the least balanced of my team

#937 Edited by AznbkdX (4176 posts) -

@Sword-Demon: Honestly your gliscor kind of makes him slightly redundant only because of typing, certain moves and better stat spread. Gliscor is less decent at attack but makes up for it in moves and defensive abilities compared to aggron. Don't know much about aggrons mega form though, so that could help.

#938 Edited by AznbkdX (4176 posts) -

Some of the pokes getting thrown around here are too strong for my tastes at least when battling others. I wonder how far gimmicks can go online.

OU can get pretty boring after all imo.

#939 Posted by Joedgabe (5134 posts) -

@AznbkdX: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Aggron

Mega aggron has Max Defense... O_O sadly he looses the rock type and there goes some of his great STAB moves. But strategy wise is pretty great.... If you switch to mega you will no longer be vulnerable to water type moves but will be to fire.. and with that much Defense he's pretty much not gonna take damage from ground and fighting :P

#940 Edited by metroidfood (11175 posts) -
@zaraxius said:

Honedge and his family line have some of the stupidest designs in all the history of Pokemon...

No, Honedge is kawaii desu

#941 Posted by R3FURBISHED (12336 posts) -

So I will be looking for someone in the near future to help me get a Kingdra.... rather, someone to trade my Seadra to and then return the Kingdra to me.

#942 Edited by AznbkdX (4176 posts) -

@Joedgabe: Dang... That's not half bad. Filter with just steel, and a massive defense will probably keep him from being taken out by even the most common physical sweepers. Terrakion may do work but it won't take him down. Iron head from this guy does good damage back too.He also has rest and sleep talk so he can shrug things off handily attack wise.

Still has the basic issues of getting creamed by special attackers, but he is certainly a good poke imo.

#943 Edited by Sagem28 (10498 posts) -

@Allicrombie said:

@Sagem28 said:

Does anybody know this ?

think your in game friend list is based on your 3DS friend list, so it shouldn't be affected.

Alright, thanks !
Just making sure :P

#944 Posted by cain006 (8625 posts) -

@AznbkdX: You haven't added me. My FC is on the front page, but yours isn't for some reason.

@Sword-Demon: Sure, what's your name in game? Mine's Emily.

#945 Posted by mems_1224 (56914 posts) -

anyone wanna be a pale and trade me a haunter? i really want a gengar. ill be your best friend =)

#946 Posted by finalstar2007 (27906 posts) -

Your telling me i have to go to the store to download the patch? the game will not detect it has an update and update like it is on the Vita? ok why does this system cost $200 again?

if it wasnt for pokemon i wouldnt have bothered buying this garbage of a system everything about it is pure terrible from the UI to the slow applications to the stupid friends code system to awful messaging system, etc

sigh

#947 Posted by finalstar2007 (27906 posts) -

@mems_1224 said:

anyone wanna be a pale and trade me a haunter? i really want a gengar. ill be your best friend =)

Sure i did this with someone else so sure i dont mind doing it again just add me and let me know when you wanna trade.. just give me anything it dosent matter so i can give you back the haunter once it has evolved.

#948 Posted by mems_1224 (56914 posts) -

@finalstar2007 said:

@mems_1224 said:

Sure i did this with someone else so sure i dont mind doing it again just add me and let me know when you wanna trade.. just give me anything it dosent matter so i can give you back the haunter once it has evolved.

alright cool. now i have to catch a haunter. every time i find one my pokemon are too powerful and knock him out in one hit. lol

#949 Posted by finalstar2007 (27906 posts) -

@mems_1224 said:

@finalstar2007 said:

@mems_1224 said:

alright cool. now i have to catch a haunter. every time i find one my pokemon are too powerful and knock him out in one hit. lol

I already have a haunter that i dont use if your interested since im already online i can send you the one i have and then just keep it once it evolves.

#950 Posted by mems_1224 (56914 posts) -

@finalstar2007 said:

@mems_1224 said:

@finalstar2007 said:

@mems_1224 said:

I already have a haunter that i dont use if your interested since im already online i can send you the one i have and then just keep it once it evolves.

ok, sweet. thanks