Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 drummerdave9099
Member since 2010 • 4606 Posts

https://twitter.com/SerebiiNet/status/1197447479324762112

Boom roasted. So much for the boycott. It still prints money!

It's the fastest selling Switch software in history.

Any doubters still that it won't outsell X and Y (16.5 million)?

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44049 Posts

Sheep gonna sheep. :P

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 jaydan
Member since 2015 • 8414 Posts

It's fucking Pokemon. Did anyone seriously think a vocal-minority boycott would turn down sales?

I bet you the majority of that boycotting minority bought the games anyway. LOL

Avatar image for deactivated-642321fb121ca
deactivated-642321fb121ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#4 deactivated-642321fb121ca
Member since 2013 • 7142 Posts

If a game can be scaled down and still sell bucket loads then so be it. Although, sets a precedent does it not? Too much copy pasting for my liking and streamlined, the pokedex was never the issue for me.

Avatar image for drummerdave9099
drummerdave9099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 drummerdave9099

@SecretPolice said:

Lol!

Avatar image for drummerdave9099
drummerdave9099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 drummerdave9099
@jaydan said:

It's fucking Pokemon. Did anyone seriously think a vocal-minority boycott would turn down sales?

I bet you the majority of that boycotting minority bought the games anyway. LOL

To me this is probably the best possible result. Millions of youtube views and social media comments directed at the problems, but the game still sells like gangbusters. Hopefully this takes that sour taste out of GameFreak's mouth and brings the morale back up high. And they take that momentum into the next game to really deliver.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#7 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 jaydan
Member since 2015 • 8414 Posts

@drummerdave9099: I just bet you all the people whining are buying the game anyways. It sounds about right in the world of complaining about pointless things.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#9 Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19543 Posts

Pretty sure this makes it the second fastest-selling Pokemon game, after Sun & Moon.

Avatar image for GiveMeSomething
GiveMeSomething

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 GiveMeSomething
Member since 2007 • 1323 Posts

@Jag85 said:

Pretty sure this makes it the second fastest-selling Pokemon game, after Sun & Moon.

i could have been THE fastest. But the infinite flaws and poor new pokemons designs held it back.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#11  Edited By Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19543 Posts

@GiveMeSomething:

Sun & Moon released at the height of Pokemon Go fever. And the 3DS had a much larger install base than the Switch too.

BTW, Pokemon Sword & Switch has had the highest-grossing launch of any Pokemon game in the United States, despite the US being at the epicenter of the "Dexit" backlash...

So much for the "Dexit" boycott...

Avatar image for deactivated-60bf765068a74
deactivated-60bf765068a74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 deactivated-60bf765068a74
Member since 2007 • 9558 Posts

Sony and microsoft just give up man Nintendo sells millions of games constantly just get out alrdy u suck and nobody cares about you anymore

PC can sorta compete with nintendo cuz its got great exclusives

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts

I've been having fun with it. My only real gripe is the trade system is awful. Other than that this is probably the best Pokemon game since Gold/Silver.

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Juub1990
Member since 2013 • 12620 Posts

@KBFloYd: What’s that movie in your gif?

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#15 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

@Juub1990 said:

@KBFloYd: What’s that movie in your gif?

when harry met sally

theone86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#16 theone86
Member since 2003 • 22669 Posts

@Random_Matt said:

If a game can be scaled down and still sell bucket loads then so be it. Although, sets a precedent does it not? Too much copy pasting for my liking and streamlined, the pokedex was never the issue for me.

Pretty much my thoughts. I really don't get all the people who get so excited that a vocal part of the fanbase is being ignored because of sales. I mean, it would be one thing if the one side wanted one thing and the other wanted the exact opposite, but so far as I can tell if any of the complaints had been addressed it wouldn't have made the game any less enjoyable for them. So what exactly do they get from cheering against the complainers, other than the smug satisfaction of being on the winning team?

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#17  Edited By KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

@theone86 said:
@Random_Matt said:

Pretty much my thoughts. I really don't get all the people who get so excited that a vocal part of the fanbase is being ignored because of sales. I mean, it would be one thing if the one side wanted one thing and the other wanted the exact opposite, but so far as I can tell if any of the complaints had been addressed it wouldn't have made the game any less enjoyable for them. So what exactly do they get from cheering against the complainers, other than the smug satisfaction of being on the winning team?

I don't think they're even on the winning team. And we don't know how much it would have sold in 3 days without the boycott. I personally think that a lot of things Activision and EA have done warrant more of a boycott than the issues with Pokemon. The only big problem I have with Pokemon Sword & Shield (before playing it) is that the story is apparently 'whatever' (I had hoped they would finally do a cool story) and the Pokebank not working 100% for this game, since it's a service that people pay for.

And I think the message is pretty clear. Fans (a portion of the fans) wanted the console debut to be more meaningful. They were hoping for more interesting improvements/tweaks and more love and care put into the look of the game.

I wonder about this: Would the Pokefans who are upset with Sword and Shield prefer the next Pokemon game on Switch/Switch 2 to not feature new Pokemon but bring back all the old Pokemon into the game, or vice versa?

Avatar image for deactivated-5e081d8b4abb0
deactivated-5e081d8b4abb0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#18 deactivated-5e081d8b4abb0
Member since 2017 • 1499 Posts
@SecretPolice said:

LMAO! Welcome back ;)

theone86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#19 theone86
Member since 2003 • 22669 Posts

@KungfuKitten said:
@theone86 said:
@Random_Matt said:

I don't think they're even on the winning team. And we don't know how much it would have sold in 3 days without the boycott. I personally think that a lot of things Activision and EA have done warrant more of a boycott than the issues with Pokemon. The only big problem I have with Pokemon Sword & Shield (before playing it) is that the story is apparently 'whatever' (I had hoped they would finally do a cool story) and the Pokebank not working 100% for this game, since it's a service that people pay for.

And I think the message is pretty clear. Fans (a portion of the fans) wanted the console debut to be more meaningful. They were hoping for more interesting improvements/tweaks and more love and care put into the look of the game.

I wonder about this: Would the Pokefans who are upset with Sword and Shield prefer the next Pokemon game on Switch/Switch 2 to not feature new Pokemon but bring back all the old Pokemon into the game, or vice versa?

I mean winning in the sense that they're all creaming their pants about the sales numbers. I seriously don't get what they get out of it. Do you all work at Gamefreak, or have your individual identities merged so much with the products you buy that you can't tell where you, the individual, ends and where Pokemon begins?

Speaking as someone who is marginally upset at long-running features being left out and a bit more upset that the game is pulling 9s despite some pretty obvious flaws, I'd be less upset if they spent more time on other areas of the game (better story, better textures, more areas to explore, etc.) I like collecting everything, but I could do without it if they spent more time fully fleshing out other features.

I really don't want to choose between no new pokemon and all the old ones, or having new ones but a very limited selection of old ones. I think the ideal way I saw the series going forward was with new Switch remakes of the old games alternating between new releases in the series, and being allowed to bring in pokemon from the remakes. That way you get old pokemon, but they don't have to make 3D models of all 800 some pokemon all at once. That's kind of what bothered me, is that they seem to have left a lot of gen 1 pokemon out despite the fact that they could have just imported the 3D models from Let's Go. Also they never seemed to give a clear answer on why they did it. Could they not fit all the models on the game card? Was there no time to make all the models? Was it simply a balance issue, and if so why didn't they fix the issue some other way? Their answers weren't really satisfying and it kind of felt like they were giving us an insulting runaround. By all means, do whatever you want when developing your own game, but be honest with your fans about it.

onewiththegame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 onewiththegame
Member since 2004 • 4415 Posts

It’s one game I won’t be getting for my switch

Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#21 Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts

You mean internet outrage didn't translate into real world results?

GASP.

You don't say.

cejay0813

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#22 cejay0813
Member since 2004 • 1939 Posts

Meh... its Pokemon... and Pokemon gon sellllllllll