Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire Remakes

This topic is locked from further discussion.

crippled_ram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 crippled_ram
Member since 2010 • 1583 Posts

Undoubtedly the worst games in the series, Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire invite a lot of criticism from fans, and are seen as when the entire series began to go downhill. In retrospect, while it appears that this criticism is unwarranted- the core of modern Pokemon games exists on the foundation built by Ruby and Sapphire, after all, and a complete reboot was necessary if they wanted to change the very fundamentals of Pokemon, which Ru/Sa did- the question is, would anyone want a remake of Ruby and Sapphire in the spirit of FireRed/LeafGreen and HeartGold/SoulSilver? If so, do you think there is any possibility of Ruby and Sapphire being remade at all? If they are, what system will they be on? Will they be on the DS, or the 3DS? Will they be a part of the fifth gen, or will they kickstart the sixth gen? Will they be a part of the sixth gen?

Finally, what do you think would these games be called? TerraRuby and AquaSapphire?

MarthRingman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 MarthRingman
Member since 2008 • 1104 Posts
Probably not the best idea considering they are easily the weakest games in the series.
Avatar image for 205212669269561485377169522720

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#3 205212669269561485377169522720
Member since 2005 • 14458 Posts

Your should post it on the DS forums for better reception since SW usually focuses on sales and graphics...:(

However, I think it's rather doubtful that they will remake the games from top to bottom.:? Maybe if it's a side-mission to the region of Hoenn, that's a different story.:)

crippled_ram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 crippled_ram
Probably not the best idea considering they are easily the weakest games in the series.MarthRingman
True, but they'd obviously sell- there's no question about that- plus the Pokemon series has a pattern by now. Every four years, release a new game, then go ahead and follow it through by the release of a remake of a game that's two generations old. This would only be sticking to the pattern.
crippled_ram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 crippled_ram

Your should post it on the DS forums for better reception since SW usually focuses on sales and graphics...:(

However, I think it's rather doubtful that they will remake the games from top to bottom.:? Maybe if it's a side-mission to the region of Hoenn, that's a different story.:)

sanim02
I've posted it there too :P But it's like I just said, the series has a pattern now: release a new game, follow it through with a remake. Wouldn't a remake of Ruby and Sapphire be in keeping with that pattern?
Cherokee_Jack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

#6 Cherokee_Jack
Member since 2008 • 32198 Posts
I'm just waiting for the Diamond/Pearl remakes.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 205212669269561485377169522720

[QUOTE="sanim02"]

crippled_ram

I've posted it there too :P But it's like I just said, the series has a pattern now: release a new game, follow it through with a remake. Wouldn't a remake of Ruby and Sapphire be in keeping with that pattern?

I don't believe it will get a remake though. Unlike FireRed & SoulSilver, the Ruby/Sapphire games don't have that big of a fanbase to support a remake. However if it happens, I'll play it.:)

crippled_ram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 crippled_ram
I'm just waiting for the Diamond/Pearl remakes.Cherokee_Jack
Some five years down the line, maybe :P [spoiler] Were you serious? :shock: [/spoiler]
MarthRingman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 MarthRingman
[QUOTE="MarthRingman"]Probably not the best idea considering they are easily the weakest games in the series.crippled_ram
True, but they'd obviously sell- there's no question about that- plus the Pokemon series has a pattern by now. Every four years, release a new game, then go ahead and follow it through by the release of a remake of a game that's two generations old. This would only be sticking to the pattern.

Also, though- the games that connected with eachother always appeared in the same timeframe. Hoenn and Kanto stories happened at the same time as did the Sinnoh and Johto ones. As far as I know, the Isshu games take place a long time after the other games (as shown by Caitlin's age).
Wikipedian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10 Wikipedian
Member since 2007 • 1100 Posts

of course, they were my first pokemon games and I have so many memories of them

crippled_ram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 crippled_ram

[QUOTE="crippled_ram"][QUOTE="sanim02"]

sanim02

I don't believe it will get a remake though. Unlike FireRed & SoulSilver, the Ruby/Sapphire games don't have that big of a fanbase to support a remake. However if it happens, I'll play it.:)

It's true, but the little kids will run out to go and buy in droves the 'new' Pokemon game. I know I would too, I think Ruby and Sapphire are the worst Pokemon games, but I still like them a lot.
crippled_ram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 crippled_ram
[QUOTE="crippled_ram"][QUOTE="MarthRingman"]Probably not the best idea considering they are easily the weakest games in the series.MarthRingman

Also, though- the games that connected with eachother always appeared in the same timeframe. Hoenn and Kanto stories happened at the same time as did the Sinnoh and Johto ones. As far as I know, the Isshu games take place a long time after the other games (as shown by Caitlin's age).

Hmmm... yes, that's right, the story of Black and White is absolutely distinct from any of the existing Pokemon stories.... I don't know, personally, I would LIKE a Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire remake.
OreoMilkshake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#13 OreoMilkshake
Member since 2009 • 12833 Posts
I hope they pour some cement in some of those sea routes.
Scythes777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Scythes777
Member since 2006 • 2796 Posts

Id really like a remake of them. They are the weakest entries, but that leaves a lot of room for improvement in the case a remake does happen. I really did like the games alot, especially the pokemon themselves.

So a remake is very possible, and so much could be improved upon with ease considering the headway pokemon has made with D/P/P and B/W.

MarthRingman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 MarthRingman
[QUOTE="crippled_ram"][QUOTE="MarthRingman"][QUOTE="crippled_ram"] True, but they'd obviously sell- there's no question about that- plus the Pokemon series has a pattern by now. Every four years, release a new game, then go ahead and follow it through by the release of a remake of a game that's two generations old. This would only be sticking to the pattern.

Hmmm... yes, that's right, the story of Black and White is absolutely distinct from any of the existing Pokemon stories.... I don't know, personally, I would LIKE a Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire remake.

Definitely. I agree. Although I didn't care for the games at their time of release, I feel a fresh coat of paint on them would make them significantly more playable. It's kind've like how I couldn't play Final Fantasy II(IV) back in the day, but once they fixed the interface and menu issues in the GBA Remake (well port-of-remake)- I played that game to death.
crippled_ram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 crippled_ram

Id really like a remake of them. They are the weakest entries, but that leaves a lot of room for improvement in the case a remake does happen. I really did like the games alot, especially the pokemon themselves.

So a remake is very possible, and so much could be improved upon with ease considering the headway pokemon has made with D/P/P and B/W.

Scythes777
More than anything else, I just love the music of those games... it was so fast paced and action packed and racy...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 205212669269561485377169522720

[QUOTE="sanim02"]

[QUOTE="crippled_ram"] I've posted it there too :P But it's like I just said, the series has a pattern now: release a new game, follow it through with a remake. Wouldn't a remake of Ruby and Sapphire be in keeping with that pattern?crippled_ram

It's true, but the little kids will run out to go and buy in droves the 'new' Pokemon game. I know I would too, I think Ruby and Sapphire are the worst Pokemon games, but I still like them a lot.

Thing is, the previous remake was greatly desired. I'm not sure if people really are pressuring Game Freak to make a remake of the 3rd generation of Pokemons. The remakes are fan service at their finest.:)

oldkingallant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 oldkingallant
Member since 2010 • 4958 Posts

I didn't dislike them, I had fun. I wouldn't mind a remake, probably wouldn't get it but with some good additions I'd think about it.

crippled_ram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 crippled_ram
[QUOTE="MarthRingman"][QUOTE="crippled_ram"][QUOTE="MarthRingman"] Also, though- the games that connected with eachother always appeared in the same timeframe. Hoenn and Kanto stories happened at the same time as did the Sinnoh and Johto ones. As far as I know, the Isshu games take place a long time after the other games (as shown by Caitlin's age).

Definitely. I agree. Although I didn't care for the games at their time of release, I feel a fresh coat of paint on them would make them significantly more playable. It's kind've like how I couldn't play Final Fantasy II(IV) back in the day, but once they fixed the interface and menu issues in the GBA Remake (well port-of-remake)- I played that game to death.

Yes, true. Also, Ruby and Sapphire were by no stretch of the imagination BAD games, they just couldn't live up to their predecessors (considering their predecessors were Red/Blue and Gold/Silver, arguably the greatest handheld games of all time, I don't see how any game could have lived up to them). I like these games, I think they were good, and they took many chances. I just hope Nintendo offers us one more opportunity to return to Hoenn.
crippled_ram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 crippled_ram

[QUOTE="crippled_ram"][QUOTE="sanim02"]

sanim02

Thing is, the previous remake was greatly desired. I'm not sure if people really are pressuring Game Freak to make a remake of the 3rd generation of Pokemons. The remakes are fan service at their finest.:)

Let's start an online petition pressuring Game Freak to do it then! :P

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 205212669269561485377169522720

[QUOTE="sanim02"]

[QUOTE="crippled_ram"] It's true, but the little kids will run out to go and buy in droves the 'new' Pokemon game. I know I would too, I think Ruby and Sapphire are the worst Pokemon games, but I still like them a lot.crippled_ram

Let's start an online petition pressuring Game Freak to do it then! :P

I'd rather see a full on Pokemon game on the consoles first.:P Or maybe make the 6th generation of the console!!:o:P

oldkingallant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 oldkingallant
Member since 2010 • 4958 Posts

[QUOTE="crippled_ram"][QUOTE="MarthRingman"]Probably not the best idea considering they are easily the weakest games in the series.MarthRingman

How do we know this?

princemarth23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 princemarth23
Member since 2005 • 9229 Posts

Ruby/Sapphire weren't bad games imo; I put a ton of hours into Sapphire. I would agree though, that they are probably the weakest in the series. I suspect that they'll be remade for 3DS.

Mogotoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Mogotoo
Member since 2009 • 1826 Posts

How were Ruby and Sapphire the worse ones? The 3rd gen brought us natures, abilities, expanded IVs, double battles, contests, greatly improved graphics, etc. What did they do wrong?

crippled_ram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 crippled_ram

[QUOTE="MarthRingman"][QUOTE="crippled_ram"] True, but they'd obviously sell- there's no question about that- plus the Pokemon series has a pattern by now. Every four years, release a new game, then go ahead and follow it through by the release of a remake of a game that's two generations old. This would only be sticking to the pattern.oldkingallant

How do we know this?

Well, it's on all fansites, but I'll sum it up for you:

In Pokemon FireRed and LeafGreen, when you end the game, and go to the Sevii Isles, Bill talks about hooking up to Lanette in the Hoenn region who is only just completing her storage system, putting FireRed and LeafGreen squarely with Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire. In Pokemon Diamond and Pearl, the games begin with the rampaging Red Gyarados at the Lake of Rage, go on to talk about disturbances at the Tin Tower and the Olivine Lighthouse, all of which are contemporaneous to the events in Gold and Silver.

General hints that litter Ruby and Sapphire prove that those games are happening at the same time as FireRed and LEafGreen. Similarly, Diamond and Pearl are known to be hapening at the same time as HeartGold and SoulSilver.

crippled_ram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 crippled_ram

How were Ruby and Sapphire the worse ones? The 3rd gen brought us natures, abilities, expanded IVs, double battles, contests, greatly improved graphics, etc. What did they do wrong?

Mogotoo
Essentially, they lost out on everything that made Gold and Silver so great?
The-Tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 The-Tree
Member since 2010 • 3315 Posts

I love every Pokemon *Insert color/jewel here* game, I will except any remakes with open arms.

Scythes777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Scythes777
Member since 2006 • 2796 Posts
[QUOTE="Mogotoo"]

crippled_ram
Essentially, they lost out on everything that made Gold and Silver so great?

RSE did bring in alot of good new stuff, but it lost things from GSC and just in general did some things bad.
-Hoax-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 -Hoax-
Member since 2008 • 5331 Posts
My favourite is Gold but why does everyone say Ruby and Sapp are the worst?
Vesica_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Vesica_Prime
Member since 2009 • 7062 Posts
I personally thought they were the most innovative out of the whole series.
adamBlu_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 adamBlu_00
Member since 2010 • 198 Posts

though they are the weakest in the series i still think there good. i dont think they need a remake.

Deihjan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Deihjan
Member since 2008 • 30213 Posts

I doubt Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald will be remade, seeing as they are on Gameboy Advance, and can be played by any individual with a proper DS.

They were made in the game gen as FireRed/LeafGreen, and as such don't need the remake that Red/Blue/Green and Gold/Silver/Crystal did.

Personally, I didn't think Sapphire was such a bad game, it's far better than Pearl/Diamond and Platinum. Far, FAR better.

Sure, I'd like to see a remake, just for the sake of the Pokémon company getting a chance to redeem themselves, since so many fans apparently hate the games.

King_Dodongo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#33 King_Dodongo
Member since 2006 • 3759 Posts
What I don't like: A) The Amount of water b) The absence of day and night cycle c) The way you rematch (only some few trainers with few level pokemon) d) The way towns are designed (most of them are pretty small and there's almost nothing to do in them) And many more.
Brownesque

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Brownesque
Member since 2005 • 5660 Posts
This thread is bad because the OP has a bad b-b-bad idea. You're literally encouraging someone to go back and remake something that might as well have been a rehash to begin with. Come on, guy, have some spirit. How about asking for some new ideas instead of asking to pay for the exact same game all over again?
bowser3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 63

#35 bowser3
Member since 2008 • 446 Posts

Seeing as how the remakes of gold and silver were named "Heart"Gold and "Soul"Silver. I say the remakes of ruby and saphire will be called RubyDestiny and SaphireWill, makes sense right? Also the titles im presuming the games will be called, both have the same number of letters so i think it definitley fits the games.

SpinoRaptor24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 143

#36 SpinoRaptor24
Member since 2008 • 10316 Posts

I hope they pour some cement in some of those sea routes.OreoMilkshake

Which was one of the reasons why I hated the flooded Hoenn map. All those sea routes with their rips taking you to God knows where.

SilverChimera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#37 SilverChimera
Member since 2009 • 9256 Posts
I'd agree with the "weakest in the series" bit, but that's not saying much since they're still great games :P
Ringx55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Ringx55
Member since 2008 • 5967 Posts
I don't think they should remake them. They were great games that's for sure... But not on the scale to deserve a remake like silver/gold and blue/red/yellow/green. Pearl/Diamond still have been the worst imo.
NintendoNite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 NintendoNite
Member since 2010 • 728 Posts
RSE was the second best generation, next to RBY. but hell no. RSE doesnt need a remake. Remakes are only made so that pokemon from past generations become available for transfer to newer games
Mogotoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Mogotoo
Member since 2009 • 1826 Posts

b) The absence of day and night cycle.King_Dodongo
To be fair, RSE still had time. You could evolve Eevee into Espeon or Umbreonin RSE, but not in FRLG.

EDIT: Ah, the memories of Gold are coming back to me. I'm remembering some of the stuff that was taken out of RSE now.

crippled_ram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 crippled_ram

[QUOTE="King_Dodongo"]b) The absence of day and night cycle.Mogotoo

To be fair, RSE still had time. You could evolve Eevee into Espeon or Umbreonin RSE, but not in FRLG.

EDIT: Ah, the memories of Gold are coming back to me. I'm remembering some of the stuff that was taken out of RSE now.

You need to play HG/SS just once, and you'll understand why people hate Ru/Sa so much.
Shinobishyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Shinobishyguy
Member since 2006 • 22928 Posts
Probably not the best idea considering they are easily the weakest games in the series.MarthRingman
which means that it would have the biggest room for improvements. A full 3d remake for the 3ds would be god-like.
Mantleman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Mantleman
Member since 2009 • 340 Posts

So how were they the weakest out of the entire pokemon series?????

I liked them

bobcheeseball

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 bobcheeseball
Member since 2007 • 9316 Posts
They'd better add a serious amount in order for me to buy it.
nintendo-4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 nintendo-4life
Member since 2004 • 18281 Posts
I would absolutely love that. Yes, I want that very much!