Please vote for Scalebound

This topic is locked from further discussion.

vashkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 135

User Lists: 25

#1 vashkey
Member since 2005 • 33781 Posts

So, Microsoft has a page for submitting and voting on feedback to let them know what we want and I think it's worth voting for Scalebound.

https://xbox.uservoice.com/forums/363186--new-ideas/suggestions/17675614-scalebound#comments

Yeah, the chances of it working out are pretty low but ideas have been taken from and used from the feedback provided such as backward compatibility. At the very least we should really drive home much they screwed up.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52446 Posts

Yeah, right. It's cancelled. People should let it go. Phil isn't gonna be playing good guy here.

vashkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 135

User Lists: 25

#3 vashkey
Member since 2005 • 33781 Posts

Couldn't hurt to try. The more noise we make the more likely it is they'll do something or at least learn

xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 xhawk27
Member since 2010 • 12183 Posts

@vashkey said:

So, Microsoft has a page for submitting and voting on feedback to let them know what we want and I think it's worth voting for Scalebound.

https://xbox.uservoice.com/forums/363186--new-ideas/suggestions/17675614-scalebound#comments

Yeah, the chances of it working out are pretty low but ideas have been taken from and used from the feedback provided such as backward compatibility. At the very least we should really drive home much they screwed up.

Platinum must have screwed they big time to pull out so late.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By ConanTheStoner  Online
Member since 2011 • 23718 Posts

Yeah, once something like this is set in motion you can't just turn it around. And though we're just hearing the news today, these things don't happen over night. Chances are that many key people tied to the project have already moved on, or have already planned their next step.

It's not like they can just call a guy like Kamiya and be like:

"Yo, that's our bad dude, turns out we saw this petition and thousands of gamers are upset... so like, can you come back and act like nothing happened?"

Nah, what's done is done man.

It's not like MS is unaware of the many disappointed gamers out there. They knew what it was gonna be like before the news even broke.

Avatar image for deactivated-587acdd100f19
deactivated-587acdd100f19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By deactivated-587acdd100f19
Member since 2008 • 908 Posts

I'm done with Microshaft.

xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By xhawk27
Member since 2010 • 12183 Posts

@Ghost_Dub said:

I'm done with that shit company.

Yeah I am done with Platinum games too.

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8 misterpmedia
Member since 2013 • 6209 Posts

They might wanna vote for MS to treat their 3rd party partners decently instead of shitting on them and then cancelling the games. Now we know why MS hasn't had many high profile third party exclusives since shitting the bed with PR by making Tomb Raider one year timed. Seems game dev with MS is a toxic situation.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#9 BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17835 Posts

The game was shit. Let it die.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#10 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34670 Posts

Nay.

mark1974

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 mark1974
Member since 2015 • 4261 Posts

I think it would be good to send Microsoft a message but obviously it won't change anything.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a30e101a977c
deactivated-5a30e101a977c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#12 deactivated-5a30e101a977c
Member since 2006 • 5970 Posts

The game sucked, just let it go. Why do you want a shit game?

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

no thanks

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 9

#14 kvally
Member since 2014 • 8445 Posts

Screw Platinum games for bailing. I'll buy Nier but not this after pulling this crap.

Avatar image for scrollinglayers
ScrollingLayers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 ScrollingLayers
Member since 2015 • 632 Posts

Nope.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22783 Posts

Maybe the game wasn't fun to play...?

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By ConanTheStoner  Online

@TheEroica said:

Maybe the game wasn't fun to play...?

Even with the presentations they showed us, which obviously are geared towards only presenting the best of what they have, it really didn't look too good.

But then again, it's Kamiya. No game designer is infallible, but at the very least that guy is going to deliver on solid core mechanics and game feel. I'm almost certain they had something fun in the works.

I'm sure the death sentence was due to a combination of technical difficulties that were further compounded by the scale (har har har) of the game. Issues were... bound to arise.

@darkspineslayer:

Checkmate.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22783 Posts

@ConanTheStoner: yeah, It would seem that perhaps the project rode off the rails in ways Kamiya couldn't right. The premise always looked great, and there were even aspects of the demos we were shown that I rather liked, but it never looked like they had a round peg to fit in a round hole... Something was off...

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#19 finalstar2007
Member since 2008 • 27952 Posts

Halo, gears and forza are enough!

Philly truly the best thing to xbox!

lrdfancypants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 lrdfancypants
Member since 2014 • 3850 Posts

This was probably decided last year and announced now so they got past the very important holiday season.

In other words: it's done and has been done.

The only reason it's shocking is because there weren't hints of issues and MS said they delayed it to 2017 (because of stacked games lineup or something). In reality they likely already had its head on the block but you don't disrupt holiday console sales with this kind of news. You dump it afterwards.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 ConanTheStoner  Online

@TheEroica:

Exactly. It was like watching some in-house alpha footage that wasn't meant for the public just yet. The ideas were there, but it never looked cohesive.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#22 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64039 Posts

It's a lost cause man. It sucks, but it's time to move on. Hopefully Platinum bounces back, I'm still looking forward to playing Nier 2.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

@jg4xchamp said:

It's a lost cause man. It sucks, but it's time to move on. Hopefully Platinum bounces back, I'm still looking forward to playing Nier 2.

you wanted your mercenary platinum squad and you got it. now they're cranking out shit licensed games and over promising on games they can't make and occasionally making a good game. Good job, you killed Platinum. Now we'll never get another Vanquish.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 jg4xchamp
@mems_1224 said:
@jg4xchamp said:

you wanted your mercenary platinum squad and you got it. now they're cranking out shit licensed games and over promising on games they can't make and occasionally making a good game. Good job, you killed Platinum. Now we'll never get another Vanquish.

Scalebound seems like a 50/50 **** up fam, Platinum definitely went for it, but from what's been leaking out it's not like Microsoft did them any favors. The licensed stuff never bothered me, that part made sense, they were always going to need to be a contract worker with the way their games lack of commercial success. I think they need to pick better projects and stick to publishers better suited for them: Sony, Nintendo, Square, etc. But I'm not gonna bury them for letting Kamiya take a bet on a dream project, it sucks they struggled with it, and we're way past the era of publishers sticking with projects like that, but thems the brakes.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By jg4xchamp

@ConanTheStoner said:

. The ideas were there, but it never looked cohesive.

Cry with me fam.

mjorh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#26 mjorh
Member since 2011 • 6749 Posts

i don't get the ppl who say the game was shit ....it was in the development and we'd only seen some short footage ... how can one make a judgement based on that?

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 ConanTheStoner  Online

@jg4xchamp said:
@ConanTheStoner said:

Cry with me fam.

...I was actually A-OK with the cancellation until now. :(

Like I didn't care about losing the game as long as Platinum came out of this ok. But that sounds fucking great and I wish I never read it lol.

I just KNEW there was something missing, god damn it.

Howmakewood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Howmakewood
Member since 2015 • 7712 Posts

@jg4xchamp said:
@ConanTheStoner said:

Cry with me fam.

You are only making it worse... Soon we'll find out it would have been the best Kamiya game ever.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 ConanTheStoner  Online

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By jg4xchamp
@mjorh said:

i don't get the ppl who say the game was shit ....it was in the development and we'd only seen some short footage ... how can one make a judgement based on that?

>Framerate never looked good and Platinums games usually play at 60 with some dips (because console 60)
>Platinum Games one of the other reasons they get a lot of contract work, is because they have a rep of being given short projects (dev time wise), with very little backing financially, and they can pump out a finished project. They did Revengeance inside of a year, and the stuff they did with Activision isn't a show case of their expertise or anything, but the business side of the equation understands that Platinum actually did a bang up job as far as what they were asked to work with. Although only Transformers came out as an okay game out of the equation. Dev hell issues hasn't really been a thing with them.

This also happens to be on a larger scale than anything else they've done (nothing they did was this big of a bet financially), and by extension of being an open world game was a type of game that doesn't really fit into their wheel house. While saying Platinum can only do a beat-em up is misguided, it isn't incorrect to point out that no one at Platinum proper has worked on a full on open world game before. Okami doesn't really fit that type of description.

Plus as I like saying, I think The Gamescom footage looked fun, but that E3 footage? Eh not so much. Visually looked fugly, framerate was all over the place, and it lacked the excitement of a Platinum boss fight. It was just big, but the best bosses in their games aren't fun because they are big. They are pretty exciting gameplay sequences. Which also didn't help because while the combat looked fine, it never looked like anything you would associate with the people who made Bayonetta, much less the director. Like if you didn't tell me Kamiya was the director, I could have easily believed that CDPR or Square came up with that combat engine. And that's not praise, The WItcher 3's combat is pretty mediocre for anyone that fancies action games.

So I wouldn't say people are out of line for thinking that E3 footage looked weak, because it did. But I do agree the Gamescom footage made it look more enjoyable than the E3 stuff, and I could easily dismiss the E3 showing as some poor misguided attempt to show the coop.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 jg4xchamp

@ConanTheStoner said:
@jg4xchamp said:

Cry with me fam.

...I was actually A-OK with the cancellation until now. :(

Like I didn't care about losing the game as long as Platinum came out of this ok. But that sounds fucking great and I wish I never read it lol.

I just KNEW there was something missing, god damn it.

Wasn't gonna let you convince yourself, meh this was gonna be the time Kamiya would have choked. The man's games have actually come together strong fairly late. A lot of his projects have always come along during the process. RE2 had to be rebooted in development, DMC1 was salvaged from a failed attempt at making RE4, the VFX powers in Viewtiful Joe came after Inaba got on them to get their shit together, the multi-unite morphs part of The Wonderful 101's combat wasn't added until 3 months before the game shipped.

The technical stuff was gonna iron itself out overtime, the dudes always tinkered with more ideas during the process than just out right saying **** it, im gonna make this work at all cost. And it's usually translated into bitchin games.

aigis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#32  Edited By aigis
Member since 2015 • 7355 Posts

Its dead and the reason why it is, makes it sound like it cant be fixed with voting

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By ConanTheStoner  Online

@jg4xchamp:

Yeah, I just read an older article about his experience working with Japanese pubs vs his experience working with MS.

The short of it was, Japanese pubs don't care about what happens as long as it ties together in the end. Whereas with MS, it was more about the process and milestones along the way.

Guess Kamiya is more at home with the former approach.

Well **** man. You're right, I had myself convinced lol. Now I have to suck it up and realize we probably just lost a dope ass game.

Loading Video...

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56226 Posts

I didn't care for the game, but I would still vote to give support for those that do want Scalebound.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44147 Posts

Please vote against a hot mess, thanks in advance. :P

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60718 Posts

That sum'bitch is canceled and never coming back.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#37 deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
Member since 2007 • 22399 Posts

@ConanTheStoner said:

@darkspineslayer:

Checkmate.

Wut

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#38 GarGx1
Member since 2011 • 10934 Posts

There is something seriously wrong with the game if a publisher drops it after spending (very likely) $10's of millions over 4 years on development.

Loading Video...

mazuiface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 mazuiface
Member since 2016 • 1613 Posts

@ConanTheStoner said:

@jg4xchamp:

Yeah, I just read an older article about his experience working with Japanese pubs vs his experience working with MS.

The short of it was, Japanese pubs don't care about what happens as long as it ties together in the end. Whereas with MS, it was more about the process and milestones along the way.

Guess Kamiya is more at home with the former approach.

Well **** man. You're right, I had myself convinced lol. Now I have to suck it up and realize we probably just lost a dope ass game.

Loading Video...

Yeah that is why I am so upset about this. Hideki Kamiya has only made great or better games. F*** MS to the neck for shutting down his latest game.

Also the fact that MS fanboys are trying to justify shutting down the development of a game that was guaranteed to be beastly is insane. At what point are these fanboys going to see the role MS plays and how responsible they are for things like this.

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 9

#40  Edited By kvally
Member since 2014 • 8445 Posts

I am pissed too that Platinum games is choosing to not make the game. But at least MS saw something in the game and owns the IP put out a poll looking for people still wanting this game. Hopefully MS finds a better dev could make this game what it was intended to be. RIP Hideki Kamiya.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

Its cancelled like all Xbox One exclusives have been "cancelled" and given to PC. Let it go already, what's done is done. Don't look in the past, look in the future... the future is grim for the Xbox, tho. So maybe it ain't a bad idea to look in the past :<

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts
@silversix_ said:

Its cancelled like all Xbox One exclusives have been "cancelled" and given to PC. Let it go already, what's done is done. Don't look in the past, look in the future... the future is grim for the Xbox, tho. So maybe it ain't a bad idea to look in the past :<

I can play Halo 5 on my PC now?

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

@MonsieurX said:
@silversix_ said:

Of course. Youtube.com

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

@silversix_ said:
@MonsieurX said:
@silversix_ said:

Of course. Youtube.com

I should thank Sony for this as well.

The death of exclusives

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 ConanTheStoner  Online

@darkspineslayer said:
@ConanTheStoner said:

@darkspineslayer:

Checkmate.

Wut

Horrible puns.

V3rciS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By V3rciS
Member since 2011 • 2241 Posts

Why people trying to revive it? There was clearly a reason it was canceled... I think people reported that the game mechanics and gameplay in general were broken and sucked.

Avatar image for deactivated-587acdd100f19
deactivated-587acdd100f19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 deactivated-587acdd100f19
Member since 2008 • 908 Posts

@V3rciS said:

Why people trying to revive it? There was clearly a reason it was canceled... I think people reported that the game mechanics and gameplay in general were broken and sucked.

Got a link for that?