PlayStationHome Has Been In Development Every Since 2005

This topic is locked from further discussion.

InfamousC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 InfamousC
Member since 2006 • 2389 Posts

Now who copied who?

Posted on 5-27-2005

"SCEA and SOE are developing MMORPG(something similiar to ffxi) style online service for PS3 right now.  It will have online pack which it comes with HDD and the online software. You can go online and chat with people like mmorpg style. Your stats will have the list of games you have and scores(or ranks) for each game, and other great things.  And if you want to look for someone to play online for certain game, you have to go to this certain area(or town) for that specific game or the game will automatically takes you to that town. Sony thinks "hyper links" technology is a history.  They want to create a "virtual world" for PS3 online service where people can actually interact eachother like mmorpg style.  There are more great details, but this is all I can get for now.  I'm not expecting you to believe me ."

http://boardsus.playstation.com/playstation/board/message?board.id=ps3&message.id=14848&view=by_date_ascending&page=1

Posted on 2-15-2006.

"i am very excited and cant wait to see sony's answer to Live
i read that the hub would be similar to an mmo, the hub would be a virtual world where every gamer would walk around in this virtual world and interacting with other gamers while awaiting the start of a game. every player would be associated with there own personalised avatar. i cant find the article right now."

http://boardsus.playstation.com/playstation/board/message?board.id=ps3&thread.id=263834&view=by_date_ascending&page=1

gmastersexay

squallff8_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#2 squallff8_fan
Member since 2006 • 2949 Posts

[QUOTE="gmastersexay"]

Now who copied who?

Posted on 5-27-2005

"SCEA and SOE are developing MMORPG(something similiar to ffxi) style online service for PS3 right now.  It will have online pack which it comes with HDD and the online software. You can go online and chat with people like mmorpg style. Your stats will have the list of games you have and scores(or ranks) for each game, and other great things.  And if you want to look for someone to play online for certain game, you have to go to this certain area(or town) for that specific game or the game will automatically takes you to that town. Sony thinks "hyper links" technology is a history.  They want to create a "virtual world" for PS3 online service where people can actually interact eachother like mmorpg style.  There are more great details, but this is all I can get for now.  I'm not expecting you to believe me ."

http://boardsus.playstation.com/playstation/board/message?board.id=ps3&message.id=14848&view=by_date_ascending&page=1

Posted on 2-15-2006.

i read that the hub would be similar to an mmo, the hub would be a virtual world where every gamer would walk around in this virtual world and interacting with other gamers while awaiting the start of a game. every player would be associated with there own personalised avatar. i cant find the article right now."

http://boardsus.playstation.com/playstation/board/message?board.id=ps3&thread.id=263834&view=by_date_ascending&page=1

InfamousC

I am very impressed with sony, I mean I been so amped about this after I heard the news, and I got to say they have blown me away with this virtual idea of bringing it to a reality and alwayz had faith in them to deliver the goods. I am a proud ps360 owner and I cant wait for this to happen.

DisPimpin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 DisPimpin
Member since 2006 • 2513 Posts
Haven't you heard?  They didn't even think about anything like that until they saw the Mii's.  :roll:
cakeorrdeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4 cakeorrdeath
Member since 2006 • 19079 Posts
Sony are silly then. If they had hinted at this existing  a while ago they probably wouldn't be as experiencing as much hate as they are now.

Sony have allowed people to become so invested in not liking the console that nothing will change their minds anymore.
Nike_Air

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Nike_Air
Member since 2006 • 19733 Posts
They have been talking about it for quite some time now. Most people just wrote it off as just talk or just dreams.

Next year - 120fps and 4D !!!!!

InfamousC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 InfamousC
Member since 2006 • 2389 Posts

They have been talking about it for quite some time now. Most people just wrote it off as just talk or just dreams.

Next year - 120fps and 4D !!!!!

Nike_Air

Yeah, I to thought they were not going to go thru with it because they said entitlements would be in launch titles but obviously that wasn't the case. They never said anymore about it since launch and they never gave an official stance on it until now. I geuss it took them longer then they had originally planned to implement it.

godhandiscen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 godhandiscen
Member since 2003 • 3454 Posts
Nice. I believe Home and Achievements are very different, so nobody copied anybody. Sorry sheep but next time you guys try to pass Nintendo as the only one with a mind, plz do more research.
gmastersexay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 gmastersexay
Member since 2003 • 3831 Posts
Yea I was going to turn my post into a new thread but I thought it die quick since the boards are not as nearly populated at 2 am (US time).
gmastersexay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 gmastersexay
Member since 2003 • 3831 Posts
Sony are silly then. If they had hinted at this existing  a while ago they probably wouldn't be as experiencing as much hate as they are now.

Sony have allowed people to become so invested in not liking the console that nothing will change their minds anymore.
cakeorrdeath
Phil actually hinted at it back at GDC '06. I believe he refered to it as the HUB though.
gsx1100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 gsx1100
Member since 2004 • 5263 Posts

[QUOTE="gmastersexay"]

Now who copied who?

Posted on 5-27-2005

"SCEA and SOE are developing MMORPG(something similiar to ffxi) style online service for PS3 right now. It will have online pack which it comes with HDD and the online software. You can go online and chat with people like mmorpg style. Your stats will have the list of games you have and scores(or ranks) for each game, and other great things. And if you want to look for someone to play online for certain game, you have to go to this certain area(or town) for that specific game or the game will automatically takes you to that town. Sony thinks "hyper links" technology is a history. They want to create a "virtual world" for PS3 online service where people can actually interact eachother like mmorpg style. There are more great details, but this is all I can get for now. I'm not expecting you to believe me ."

Posted on 2-15-2006.

InfamousC

Didn't you know that Nintendo invented the avatar?
the-very-best

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11 the-very-best
Member since 2006 • 14486 Posts
Sony are silly then. If they had hinted at this existing a while ago they probably wouldn't be as experiencing as much hate as they are now.

cakeorrdeath

Casuals know nothing about what's happened to Sony in the last year.
Avatar image for FFVII_Madness55
FFVII_Madness55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 FFVII_Madness55
Member since 2005 • 5504 Posts
LOL, Mii is now destroyed to oblivion as well as the Wii.
Nafix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Nafix
Member since 2005 • 1760 Posts
LOL, Mii is now destroyed to oblivion as well as the Wii.FFVII_Madness55
And the wii is destroying the ps3. Go figure, system sales > pointless feature.
tranhgiang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 tranhgiang
Member since 2005 • 365 Posts

[QUOTE="gmastersexay"]

Now who copied who?

Posted on 5-27-2005

"SCEA and SOE are developing MMORPG(something similiar to ffxi) style online service for PS3 right now. It will have online pack which it comes with HDD and the online software. You can go online and chat with people like mmorpg style. Your stats will have the list of games you have and scores(or ranks) for each game, and other great things. And if you want to look for someone to play online for certain game, you have to go to this certain area(or town) for that specific game or the game will automatically takes you to that town. Sony thinks "hyper links" technology is a history. They want to create a "virtual world" for PS3 online service where people can actually interact eachother like mmorpg style. There are more great details, but this is all I can get for now. I'm not expecting you to believe me ."

Posted on 2-15-2006.

InfamousC

Nice find, that will shut alot of them up.
magus-21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 magus-21
Member since 2006 • 2868 Posts
Ugh, can we just get this straight? None of any of the three companies' major ideas were directly ripped off from one another. PSHome is a VERY simple concept; it doesn't take a genius to come up with the idea. It does take effort to implement it, which is why there is no way it could have been ripped from Nintendo. The only PS3 feature that could even be considered to be a rip-off of another company's idea is the SixAxis. That was just blatant, especially since a college student could have implemented motion sensing in the SixAxis in only a few months.
magus-21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 magus-21
Sony hasnt been #1 past two gens for nothing.flamingschmoes2
So said Nintendo fanboys back in 1994. :) Don't get me wrong, I still think the PS3 will win, but it'll lose a LOT of marketshare to Nintendo and Microsoft, and that can easily be considered a victory for Nintendo and MS.
FFVII_Madness55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 FFVII_Madness55
[QUOTE="FFVII_Madness55"]LOL, Mii is now destroyed to oblivion as well as the Wii.Nafix

There's a lot of ignorant people out there. Nintendo is taking advantage of their ignorance. But soon, people's ignorance will be lifted and rise above trashes like the Wii. BTW, "The Wii is a piece of ****." - A very smart video game developer.
Nafix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Nafix
[QUOTE="Nafix"][QUOTE="FFVII_Madness55"]LOL, Mii is now destroyed to oblivion as well as the Wii.flamingschmoes2

Well to be fair, PS3 costs reportedly $800 per console to manufacture, Wii only costs $150-$170 to manufacture. Obviously you're going to be able to make more of the cheaper one and sell more of the cheaper one. But dont worry, when GTA4 comes out PS3 will outsell Wii. Sony hasnt been #1 past two gens for nothing.

Oh yes just how nintendo had been leading up until the n64, winning 2 gens as well. Cockyness is something to this day sony doesn't realize was the demise of nintendo. Did you just mention price? You get what you pay for, not delivering early its nothing but a mistake from sony.
Nafix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Nafix
[QUOTE="Nafix"][QUOTE="FFVII_Madness55"]LOL, Mii is now destroyed to oblivion as well as the Wii.FFVII_Madness55

There's a lot of ignorant people out there. Nintendo is taking advantage of their ignorance. But soon, people's ignorance will be lifted and rise above trashes like the Wii. BTW, "The Wii is a piece of ****." - A very smart video game developer.

Just a quesion, do you believe the people buying the wii are gamers or casuals?
magus-21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 magus-21
[QUOTE="FFVII_Madness55"][QUOTE="Nafix"][QUOTE="FFVII_Madness55"]LOL, Mii is now destroyed to oblivion as well as the Wii.Nafix

Hardcore gamers have little use for the Wii. Thank God casuals outnumber hardcore gamers 10-to-1. :)
FFVII_Madness55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 FFVII_Madness55
[QUOTE="FFVII_Madness55"][QUOTE="Nafix"][QUOTE="FFVII_Madness55"]LOL, Mii is now destroyed to oblivion as well as the Wii.Nafix

Non-gamers.
2largeadults

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 2largeadults
Member since 2007 • 1608 Posts
As a consumer, my concern isn't when this idea was in development, or who started the development. I care about which system has it.
nnavidson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 nnavidson
Member since 2006 • 934 Posts

[QUOTE="cakeorrdeath"]Sony are silly then. If they had hinted at this existing a while ago they probably wouldn't be as experiencing as much hate as they are now.

the-very-best

I don't know... I haven't seen any good news for Sony in the mainsream press.  Time magazine and AOL outright bashed the system.

cakeorrdeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 cakeorrdeath
Member since 2006 • 19079 Posts

the-very-best

What casuals are going to be buying a $600 gaming system? Sony needs the hardcore gamers first then it can worry about casuals.