PlayStation Turkey VP: TLOU + Left Behind Coming To PS4

This topic is locked from further discussion.

D4RKL1NG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#103 D4RKL1NG
Member since 2012 • 290 Posts

Lems on suicide watch and running scared because the BEAST might return to haunt them again.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#104 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38035 Posts

@handssss said:

@treedoor said:

The game isn't even a year old.

Good ole' Sony - Take away backwards compatibility and then repackage old games.

But hey, I guess that's why they call them "cows"

do you have ANY idea how costly it would be to put ps3 backwards compatibility in a ps4? you'd be bitching nonstop about the price of the system because there's no way in hell they could emulate it.

But yes, continue trying to say them releasing a game plenty of people never played because it came out a couple of months before the ps4 launch is a bad idea.

I know you're right about the BC. But didn't the game recently post its sales numbers and they are quite impressive. How many more people are looking to play it for the first time, that don't own a PS3? Are you saying this meaning world population? Most of the people in this thread that are excited for this are people that played it already, and are just graphics whoring. Business wise as I said before, Kudos to Sony. As I did last gen when paying for the right to play MP on a disc I already paid for was bad, I gave kudos to MS for the same reasons. They found a way to make easy money and that's why they are in business. Now Sony is doing it with "True HD" remakes. Neither company is greedy or evil. They just sell what we are willing to give them money for.

DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#105 DJ-Lafleur
Member since 2007 • 35604 Posts

never owned this game or a PS3, so this would be great news for me.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#106 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17657 Posts

@tonitorsi said:

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#107  Edited By MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17657 Posts

@CrownKingArthur said:
@Flubbbs said:

box art for the PS4 version

i hope that's not the box art tbh. i hope that is some fan's homage.

That's obviously a mockup. Anybody who's taken an visual design course can tell you that that's far too cluttered and distracting and commits basic layout no-nos. Hell, people that haven't taken a course can tell you.

stationplay_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#109 stationplay_4
Member since 2014 • 444 Posts

don't know how i feel about buying this. 60$ would be just a slap in the face in my opinion. i already have it for ps3 anyways. a 9.99 upgrade i'd have no problem with though.

Truth_Hurts_U

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#110 Truth_Hurts_U
Member since 2006 • 9703 Posts

@cainetao11:

It already has the game play. So you can keep QQ'ing. Game is amazing and well worth another buy.

Suppaman100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 Suppaman100
Member since 2013 • 5250 Posts

@Flubbbs said:

box art for the PS4 version

"Game of the generation edition"

Joel.gif indeed

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 misterpmedia
Member since 2013 • 6209 Posts

@WilliamRLBaker said:

lol oh my god that is so so sad If true, Sony can't even wait 2 years before rereleasing games.

the bearded gorm not understanding business 101 I see. Nothing new here.

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 misterpmedia

Also the lems sounding off in here are gonna look really silly when MS announces the immense rehash of all the Halos in one lil package. Hell, silly still, if they just announce Halo 2 HD anni, heh.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44061 Posts

Sheesh, Got Milk? Poor Sony and the SW Cows, you'd think they would at least wait 10 years to remake a game like MS did and is doing with Halo CEA and Halo 2A.

Halo 2A > Sony. :P

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By cainetao11

@Truth_Hurts_U said:

@cainetao11:

It already has the game play. So you can keep QQ'ing. Game is amazing and well worth another buy.

Guess the truth does hurt you. It already has the gameplay, and they're going to charge for that exact same gameplay again. At least with COD and BF it's got a number or a cheap "new" campaign. Gamers complain about yearly rehashes but you're buying a game that is a year old, that looks very good on the PS3. Really? 9 months and not much of a graphical leap later? Well we all assess value for our own money. But cows wouldn't accept that answer in regards to non Sony things. "QQ'ing"? Ooh he uses internet, cool way of talk!!!! Yeah, you are the target audience fella.

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 misterpmedia

@SecretPolice said:

Sheesh, Got Milk? Poor Sony and the SW Cows, you'd think they would at least wait 10 years to remake a game like MS did and is doing with Halo CEA and Halo 2A.

Halo 2A > Sony. :P

what does it matter how long it's been? Rehash is still a rehash. People coming over from the 360 can now play the Last of Us

OT: Here's the PS3 version....now imagine the PS4 version...holy..

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By cainetao11
@misterpmedia said:

Also the lems sounding off in here are gonna look really silly when MS announces the immense rehash of all the Halos in one lil package. Hell, silly still, if they just announce Halo 2 HD anni, heh.

What? Halo 2 is ten years old and never been in HD. This game is 9 months old and in high definition already. There isn't much comparison of those two offerings. One is from 2 generations ago, the other is from NINE months ago. A woman who got pregnant the night TLOU came out is giving birth and TLOU is being sold to gamers again. Halo 2 is being sold again and my nephew who wasn't born for it the first time, is 8. There is little comparison there.

I never want to read a complaint again about "yearly rehash" when it comes to Assassins Creed, COD, BF, Mario, Halo by the gamers who have played this and are wetting themselves about this, again. LOL

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#118  Edited By LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

I'm okay with this, but I won't double dip.

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By misterpmedia

@cainetao11 said:

@misterpmedia said:

What? Halo 2 is ten years old and never been in HD. This game is 9 months old and in high definition already. There isn't much comparison of those two offerings. One is from 2 generations ago, the other is from NINE months ago. A woman who got pregnant the night TLOU came out is giving birth and TLOU is being sold to gamers again. Halo 2 anniversary is being sold again and my nephew who wasn't born for it the first time, is 8. There is little comparison there.

It's still a rehash and people will buy it again if they like the game enough. Just like TLOU.

LanceX2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By LanceX2
Member since 2014 • 312 Posts

so PS3 lost its beat exclusive. Good to see now they can't claim ownage of exclusives

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 cainetao11

@misterpmedia said:

@cainetao11 said:

@misterpmedia said:

What? Halo 2 is ten years old and never been in HD. This game is 9 months old and in high definition already. There isn't much comparison of those two offerings. One is from 2 generations ago, the other is from NINE months ago. A woman who got pregnant the night TLOU came out is giving birth and TLOU is being sold to gamers again. Halo 2 anniversary is being sold again and my nephew who wasn't born for it the first time, is 8. There is little comparison there.

It's still a rehash and people will buy it if again they like the game enough. Just like TLOU.

Oh spare me. You know damn well there is some serious hypocrisy in gamers if they can piss and moan about COD, BF, Assassins Creed but will buy the same game in a new package with a slight bump in graphics a year later. And I'll take a 10 year old game getting the HD treatment the way Halo did. Do you think you'll be able to hit the select button and see the difference the time has made like you can with Halo Anniversary? Doubt it.

shawn30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 shawn30
Member since 2006 • 4409 Posts

I don't think this is a bad idea at all, but not for full price. I'm hoping all next-Gen remakes aren't full 60 bucks price. Its really only better graphics and dlc. That goes for all Halo or if they do it, Gears remake. Just don't charge full price for better graphics.

LanceX2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 LanceX2

now cows will use playstation exclusive for TLOU , such hypocrits

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#124 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

@shawn30 said:

I don't think this is a bad idea at all, but not for full price. I'm hoping all next-Gen remakes aren't full 60 bucks price. Its really only better graphics and dlc. That goes for all Halo or if they do it, Gears remake. Just don't charge full price for better graphics.

Agreed. I think the consensus is that $40 would be the acceptable price point.

lhughey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 lhughey
Member since 2006 • 4862 Posts

There's no way I'd buy this if I had a PS4, unless it was about 20.00. I've already played through TLOU and Left behind. I can't justify rebuying the game to with prettier graphics.

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By misterpmedia

@cainetao11 said:

@misterpmedia said:

@cainetao11 said:

@misterpmedia said:

It's still a rehash and people will buy it if again they like the game enough. Just like TLOU.

Oh spare me. You know damn well there is some serious hypocrisy in gamers if they can piss and moan about COD, BF, Assassins Creed but will buy the same game in a new package with a slight bump in graphics a year later. And I'll take a 10 year old game getting the HD treatment the way Halo did. Do you think you'll be able to hit the select button and see the difference the time has made like you can with Halo Anniversary? Doubt it.

If you're putting it down to semantics like that by including those types of franchises you could say that one rehash would have been enough, now they are rehashed every year and have been for many years. MS & Sony rehashing, once, one of their top selling games for their brand new spanking systems that are capable of improving what was done in the past is a no brainer. So for people to whine about TLOU now and to later this holiday cheer for Halo 2 anni is ridiculous haha. Not to mention there could be revamps of allHalo games within that package, as per the rumour.

shawn30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 shawn30

@Bigboi500 said:

@shawn30 said:

$40 sounds good. And for people who never played it, at that price that would be a great deal. I would certainly pay 40 for a Gears of War 1 remake on the One.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#128 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60713 Posts

@shawn30 said:

@Bigboi500 said:

@shawn30 said:

$40 sounds good. And for people who never played it, at that price that would be a great deal. I would certainly pay 40 for a Gears of War 1 remake on the One.

I'm guessing this and other remakes will be full price, like Tomb Raider and Zelda Wind Walker.

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 misterpmedia

@shawn30 said:

@Bigboi500 said:

@shawn30 said:

I think if it was on the store too if you waited a couple of weeks it would come down as well. Tomb Raider is like $30 on PSN right now.

shawn30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 shawn30

@Heil68 said:

@shawn30 said:

@Bigboi500 said:

@shawn30 said:

I'm guessing this and other remakes will be full price, like Tomb Raider and Zelda Wind Walker.

Sadly, you're probably right. But I'm not paying full price if I already bought the game and this addition is just better graphics. I have no issue with double dipping, but now double full prices. No way to that.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 Bigboi500

@misterpmedia said:

@shawn30 said:

@Bigboi500 said:

@shawn30 said:

I think if it was on the store too if you waited a couple of weeks it would come down as well. Tomb Raider is like $30 on PSN right now.

Yep. Even if it is full price at first, it'll drop very fast.

LanceX2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 LanceX2

playstation exclusive so now we can say Microsoft exclusive and its fine right?

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 Bigboi500
@lancex2 said:

Don't have a cow, man.

XboxDone74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 XboxDone74
Member since 2013 • 2116 Posts

so how many more years is the last of us going to be the game to beat? obviously 2014 will belong to it now with the ps4 version on the way

XboxDone74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135  Edited By XboxDone74
Member since 2013 • 2116 Posts

@lancex2: games running on Windows doesn't make them Microsoft exclusives. Microsoft sees no royalties from that unless they actually published the game.

sorry Charlie

LanceX2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 LanceX2

haha Xbox done, y'all are such a blast nch of hyprocrits

shawn30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137  Edited By shawn30

@xboxdone74 said:

@lancex2: games running on Windows doesn't make them Microsoft exclusives. Microsoft sees no royalties from that unless they actually published the game.

sorry Charlie

Again, name the OS that can play it that isn't Windows? The point for MS is if you play it on a MS OS you are in their ecosystem and you are staying there because you cannot play the game anywhere else. That makes it exclusive. Before you reply, again, name the OS that will play this game that is not Windows. Don't worry, I'll wait.

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138  Edited By misterpmedia

@lancex2 said:

Since it seems as if you're talking to no-one in this topic in a failed attempt to get a 'ryse'(lel) out of people I'll throw you an(X)bone. I'm pretty sure arguments for titanfall always ended in 'Microsoft exclusive' regarding fanboy squabbles so I'm not sure what the problem is here. A few differences however, there is no PC version of TLOU which is the main reason Titanfall's exclusivity comes into question, and it has nothing to do with caring about what OS runs on your comp, people could have bought what ever Windows they run an age ago. The point is that you could buy a superior version of that game that wasn't on consoles*(*Both 360 & Xbone). So to say PS3 has lost its best exclusive is a pretty hollow statement considering the PS3's generation is done, add to that the snowballing success the PS4 has been and more 360 users dropping Xbox for PS this gen I doubt anyone is going to put money down for a PS3 just to play an inferior version of one game.

LanceX2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 LanceX2

misterp , a game being on multiple systems means it isn't exclusive. Therefore TLOU will lose its exclusive title and become part of the playstation family not PS3 exclusive. Its funny actually

PinkieWinkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 PinkieWinkie
Member since 2006 • 1454 Posts

@LanceX2: So like Halo 2 then?

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 misterpmedia

@lancex2 said:

misterp , a game being on multiple systems means it isn't exclusive. Therefore TLOU will lose its exclusive title and become part of the playstation family not PS3 exclusive. Its funny actually

I'm sure people know that lol. But what you're arguing is that ps3 will lose its best exclusive at a time when no-one's going to be buying the console any more. Do you not see how pointless the argument is now? If this had been mid gen and TLOU was announced for PC then yes you can say that PS3 would have been losing one of its best selling exclusives.

shellcase86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 shellcase86
Member since 2012 • 6848 Posts

@WadeFan said:

That could be cool. But not a surprise really. One team is working on this and the other is working on Uncharted.

Another team is working on something new, I'd bet.

LanceX2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 LanceX2

misterp I'm just trolling like everyone else tries to sound rediculous on this forum :p

handssss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 handssss
Member since 2013 • 1907 Posts

@shawn30 said:

@xboxdone74 said:

sorry Charlie

Again, name the OS that can play it that isn't Windows? The point for MS is if you play it on a MS OS you are in their ecosystem and you are staying there because you cannot play the game anywhere else. That makes it exclusive. Before you reply, again, name the OS that will play this game that is not Windows. Don't worry, I'll wait.

By god you are one stupid bastard.

shawn30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 shawn30

@handssss said:

@shawn30 said:

@xboxdone74 said:

sorry Charlie

By god you are one stupid bastard.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 cainetao11

@misterpmedia:

I disagree. 10 years, non HD or 1 year already HD is not semantics. I just don't see how anybody can call these companies like Activision greedy anymore. I'd call them stupid for NOT releasing yearly. People will buy anything.

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 misterpmedia

@cainetao11 said:

@misterpmedia:

I disagree. 10 years, non HD or 1 year already HD is not semantics. I just don't see how anybody can call these companies like Activision greedy anymore. I'd call them stupid for NOT releasing yearly. People will buy anything.

It is when they're both rehashes by definition. Just because one is older than the other doesn't defeat the point they're both getting redone for the new consoles. People may still have original Xboxs and may still play Halo 2, like a lot of people still have PS3s to play TLOU. More to the point they are both system sellers, both will sell comfortably to new audiences, it's not like they have announced the HD rehashing of both opposing libraries of Gen 7. I don't think I've ever called activision greedy. Agree on your last point.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 cainetao11

@misterpmedia said:

@cainetao11 said:

@misterpmedia:

It is when they're both rehashes by definition. Just because one is older than the other doesn't defeat the point they're both getting redone for the new consoles. People may still have original Xboxs and may still play Halo 2, like a lot of people still have PS3s to play TLOU. More to the point they are both system sellers, both will sell comfortably to new audiences, it's not like they have announced the HD rehashing of both opposing libraries of Gen 7. I don't think I've ever called activision greedy. Agree on your last point.

yeah, still not buying it. Ever play Halo Anniversary? Did you see what they did? It wasn't just a tightening up of textures, resolution. You can flip from 2001 to 2011 and see what was done. It went from a SD to An HD with up to date, 10 year improvement in graphics. As I said nobody has a problem with upgrading those games that were from that era or older. I don't really have a problem with TLOU, I just love laughing at cows. The game is 9 months old, and these consoles are ripped for not being a significant jump. But people will buy it again.

lglz1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 lglz1337
Member since 2013 • 4959 Posts

@lancex2: and so is halo...

lglz1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 lglz1337
Member since 2013 • 4959 Posts

the best GOTDecade with advanced GFX and ND ?

Count me in!!!!