PlayStation still <3s devs – 1K self-pubs & counting

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for misterpmedia
#1 Edited by misterpmedia (6209 posts) -

S4 has been met with an amazing amount of enthusiasm and excitement from both gamers and developers alike since its launch back in November, and the six million gamers who have already bought PS4 have really embraced this next-generation gaming experience. We’ve got more than 100 games scheduled to launch on PS4 this year alone, including Watch_Dogs, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny and The Order: 1886.

That amazing line-up is made possible by the development community, who have been hard at work with our hardware, already pushing it to do things that we never expected. Recently we reached a significant milestone with more than 1,000 developers licensed globally to self-publish on our platforms.

A year ago at the Game Developers Conference, we kicked our support for independent developers into high-gear. Since then, we continued to partner with some of the world’s best and brightest independent developers committed to bringing their titles – some of the most creative and innovative games I’ve seen – to PlayStation platforms.

We’ve already seen some great content hit PS4 – from crafting waffles in Don’t Starve to scaring the pants off of people with Outlast. We’re looking forward to some of this year’s self-published titles like Octodad, Transistor, N++, GALAK-Z, Rogue Legacy, Binding of Isaac: Rebirth and The Witness, and you know we’re all already playing a metric arrow ton of TowerFall Ascension.

This year’s GDC was awesome, as usual. We had a blast meeting with developers, both partners we’ve worked with time and time again, as well as new up-and-coming talent. We also continued collecting feedback from developers on what they’ve discovered while spending time with our platforms, and we introduced some new tools that will help ease the process of bringing their games to PlayStation gamers… not to mention how we peeked into the future of PlayStation.

To developers, to fans: THANK YOU for helping us make history with PlayStation 4.

Linky stink.

Avatar image for Suppaman100
#2 Posted by Suppaman100 (5250 posts) -

INB4: "BU..BU..BU..TITANFALLL!!!"

Avatar image for Solid_Max13
#3 Posted by Solid_Max13 (3588 posts) -

Incoming Gif thread!!!

Avatar image for I_can_haz
#4 Posted by I_can_haz (6511 posts) -

@Suppaman100 said:

INB4: "BU..BU..BU..TITANFALLL!!!"

LOL, I love that GIF.

TLHBO.

Avatar image for lglz1337
#5 Posted by lglz1337 (4942 posts) -

TLHBR

Avatar image for lostrib
#6 Posted by lostrib (49999 posts) -

@lglz1337 said:

TLHBR

what's the R for?

Avatar image for lostrib
#7 Edited by lostrib (49999 posts) -

indiestation 4 confirmed

Avatar image for lglz1337
#8 Posted by lglz1337 (4942 posts) -

@lostrib: ruined

Avatar image for lglz1337
#9 Posted by lglz1337 (4942 posts) -

@lostrib: hater confirmed

Avatar image for lostrib
#10 Edited by lostrib (49999 posts) -

@lglz1337 said:

@lostrib: hater confirmed

How am I a "hater"?

Avatar image for Solid_Max13
#11 Posted by Solid_Max13 (3588 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@lglz1337 said:

TLHBR

what's the R for?

I just realized there's a lostrib and a foundrib wtf is up with that lol.

Avatar image for lostrib
#12 Edited by lostrib (49999 posts) -

@Solid_Max13 said:

@lostrib said:

@lglz1337 said:

TLHBR

what's the R for?

I just realized there's a lostrib and a foundrib wtf is up with that lol.

No idea. I blame @CrownKingArthur

Avatar image for MonsieurX
#13 Edited by MonsieurX (36673 posts) -

@lglz1337 said:

@lostrib: hater confirmed

fakeboy confirmed

Avatar image for lglz1337
#14 Posted by lglz1337 (4942 posts) -

@MonsieurX: SW addicted confirmed

Avatar image for CrownKingArthur
#15 Posted by CrownKingArthur (5262 posts) -
@lostrib said:

@Solid_Max13 said:

@lostrib said:

@lglz1337 said:

TLHBR

what's the R for?

I just realized there's a lostrib and a foundrib wtf is up with that lol.

No idea. I blame @CrownKingArthur

i'm innocent

well, my court case is on thursday. hope i'm still innocent on friday.

Avatar image for WilliamRLBaker
#16 Posted by WilliamRLBaker (28915 posts) -

Sheen claims in the thread so far: 1k devs are developing for the ps4, every single one will produce AAAAE games because Sony only accepts the best.

Avatar image for xhawk27
#17 Edited by xhawk27 (9932 posts) -

And yet there are no AAAE games for the PS4!

Avatar image for Blabadon
#18 Posted by Blabadon (33030 posts) -

I'm really happy with the support the PS3 got in its last years and the way the Vita keeps getting great titles.

PS4 support doesn't look too shabby either.

Avatar image for WitIsWisdom
#19 Posted by WitIsWisdom (4773 posts) -

Charlie Sheen said what?

Avatar image for remiks00
#20 Edited by remiks00 (3787 posts) -

@WilliamRLBaker said:

Sheen claims in the thread so far: 1k devs are developing for the ps4, every single one will produce AAAAE games because Sony only accepts the best.

Avatar image for mems_1224
#21 Posted by mems_1224 (56914 posts) -

Too bad devs dont <3 PS :(

At this rate, Sony wont have anyone making games for them in two weeks.

Avatar image for TheTruthIsREAL
#22 Posted by TheTruthIsREAL (809 posts) -

@mems_1224 said:

Too bad devs dont <3 PS :(

At this rate, Sony wont have anyone making games for them in two weeks.

?

Avatar image for MonsieurX
#23 Posted by MonsieurX (36673 posts) -

@lglz1337 said:

@MonsieurX: SW addicted confirmed

Nope.

And you didn't deny it.

That's sweet

Avatar image for nervmeister
#24 Posted by nervmeister (15378 posts) -

@TheTruthIsREAL said:

@mems_1224 said:

Too bad devs dont <3 PS :(

At this rate, Sony wont have anyone making games for them in two weeks.

?

Just let the little twat dream.

Avatar image for Solid_Max13
#25 Posted by Solid_Max13 (3588 posts) -

@CrownKingArthur said:
@lostrib said:

@Solid_Max13 said:

@lostrib said:

@lglz1337 said:

TLHBR

what's the R for?

I just realized there's a lostrib and a foundrib wtf is up with that lol.

No idea. I blame @CrownKingArthur

i'm innocent

well, my court case is on thursday. hope i'm still innocent on friday.

If you live in the southern states you're screwed! Good luck! lol