Playstation has the highest brand loyalty; 1 out of 3 gamers plan to get PS5. Wowza!

• 60 results
Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45094 Posts

http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2020/01/playstation_fans_are_the_most_loyal_according_to_a_recent_study

BestSEOCompanies held a survey of 1,008 people, going over all types of brands and products in order to determine which ones have the most faithful fanbases. When it comes to gaming platforms, PlayStation is way out in the lead, with 40.7 per cent of participants claiming loyalty to Sony's line of consoles. Xbox is second with 31 per cent, and Nintendo, perhaps surprisingly, is a close third with 30.4 per cent.

The survey claims that one in three people are planning to buy the PS5, while one in four are looking to get Xbox Series X. However, eight per cent of participants said they planned to purchase both.

What do you make of this statistic, SW? Do you think it's accurate? I find it interesting that only 8% plan to get both. That makes sense considering that both systems will be largely same except for "console" exclusives. We know that all Xbox first party games are coming to PC. As for Playstation, nothing has been official confirmed. Whether it's just a select few games, all, or none.

Avatar image for deactivated-642321fb121ca
deactivated-642321fb121ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#2 deactivated-642321fb121ca
Member since 2013 • 7142 Posts

Such a bad interpretation/measurements etc. It's not actually showing loyalty whatsoever.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

They're not loyal, they're cultist.

FinalFighters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 FinalFighters
Member since 2013 • 3410 Posts

Well if sony play their cards right and make the PS5 forward and backward compatible with all accessories and games im sure its possible - the current install base will simply move over to the PS5 knowing this (which im sure this is how jim Ryan plans to transition players from 4 to 5 at an unprecedented pace).

And if sony really wants to go for the death blow all they have to do is announce full BC with PS1, PS2, PS3, PSP and PS4 games like some rumors are suggesting then i guarantee you all the people on the fence on what next gen system to buy will automatically go with the PS5.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 sealionact
Member since 2014 • 9816 Posts

It shows me that the next gen race will be closer than people thought, if 25% are thinking of getting an xbox and 33% a ps5.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

ouch - so 101.1% of gamers self-report "loyalty" to a freaking brand.

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 SolidGame_basic

@FinalFighters said:

Well if sony play their cards right and make the PS5 forward and backward compatible with all accessories and games im sure its possible - the current install base will simply move over to the PS5 knowing this (which im sure this is how jim Ryan plans to transition players from 4 to 5 at an unprecedented pace).

And if sony really wants to go for the death blow all they have to do is announce full BC with PS1, PS2, PS3, PSP and PS4 games like some rumors are suggesting then i guarantee you all the people on the fence on what next gen system to buy will automatically go with the PS5.

If Sony announces full BC that would be insane, but what incentive do they have to do it? I think retro BC is still pretty niche.

Bluestars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Bluestars
Member since 2019 • 2789 Posts

Loyalty?

HAH

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

So, 2/3 of gamers aren't loyal to Sony

FinalFighters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 FinalFighters
Member since 2013 • 3410 Posts

@SolidGame_basic: Just to have a one-up on Microsoft.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#11 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69428 Posts

@SolidGame_basic said:

If Sony announces full BC that would be insane, but what incentive do they have to do it? I think retro BC is still pretty niche.

Would it? Last I checked folks on the Sony faction was arguing that BC is not important and you can always use your old systems and no one cares about BC. Funny how that perspective is now shifting.

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 SolidGame_basic

@Pedro said:
@SolidGame_basic said:

Would it? Last I checked folks on the Sony faction was arguing that BC is not important and you can always use your old systems and no one cares about BC. Funny how that perspective is now shifting.

So you think most people would want full BC on PS5?

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Pedro

@SolidGame_basic said:

I don't know what the general gaming population stance is on full BC but I do know is that your faction stance is that its not important and that people buy new systems to play new games not old. :)

As far as I am concern, it would be the number 1 feature of interest but only if it enhances the older games. If it just playing old games in the former shit state then its a pass.

svaubel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 133

#14 svaubel
Member since 2005 • 4571 Posts

Lol. Loyalty. There is nothing wrong about brand preferences, but at the end of the day none of these big gaming companies give a shit about you.

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 SolidGame_basic

@Pedro said:
@SolidGame_basic said:

I don't know what the general gaming population stance is on full BC but I do know is that your faction stance is that its not important and that people buy new systems to play new games not old. :)

As far as I am concern, it would be the number 1 feature of interest but only if it enhances the older games. If it just playing old games in the former shit state then its a pass.

If they enhance it that would be cool. I think most people don't care about being able to play old games though. To me that's a niche market. I do like to play old games from time to time, and I still have my old systems.

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 8470 Posts

Yup, we already know that Sony drones are a hive mind and a cult.

Dagubot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Dagubot
Member since 2020 • 421 Posts

@svaubel said:

Lol. Loyalty. There is nothing wrong about brand preferences, but at the end of the day none of these big gaming companies give a shit about you.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#18  Edited By sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15913 Posts

I am buying the PS5. Hope it doesnt disappoint.

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#19 Telekill
Member since 2003 • 12061 Posts

Been with Playstation since Christmas 95. Not changing now when every Playstation except Vita has been phenomenal.

R-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 R-Gamer
Member since 2019 • 2221 Posts

@Pedro: I care about BC, I always have.

R-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 R-Gamer
Member since 2019 • 2221 Posts

@pc_rocks:

This Is typical in any market. People are loyal to Cars, Phones, Guns even their choice of drink.

Epak_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Epak_
Member since 2004 • 11911 Posts

Well considering the shit show MS offered this gen, is it a surprise?

navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#24 navyguy21
Member since 2003 • 17423 Posts

Of course that is the result.

We are about a year out from new consoles and Sony has outsold MS 2 to 1, and thats being generous.

At the end of last gen I would imagine that it was closer to 50/50.

There are ways for MS to eat into Sonys advantage just as Sony took some of MSs advantage at the beginning of this generation.

IGN has a really good video about what it would take for a person to shift from one brand to the other.

MS has great momentum but they NEED to capitalize on it. A cheaper console and GamePass would certainly help

Loading Video...

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11082 Posts

No TurboGrafx-16 option? That's where my loyalty is.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Pedro

@svaubel said:

Exactly. This is why its amazing how grown ass men still have such strong juvenile loyalty to console brands. Its even more baffling when people say "Game X feels like it belongs on console X. It doesn't feel right playing it on system Y." Wtf?

Avatar image for deactivated-5f2b4872031c2
deactivated-5f2b4872031c2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 deactivated-5f2b4872031c2
Member since 2018 • 2683 Posts

Not a surprise. The majority of console gamers simply prefer Sony, and for good reason.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@subspecies said:

Not a surprise. The majority of console gamers simply prefer Sony, and for no good reason.

Fixed that for you.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@SolidGame_basic: Remember what you cows said when MS announced free BC on the XB1?

I do it was NOBODY BUYS A NEW CONSOLE TO PLAY OLD GAMES, now you guys are changing your tune again lol.

Like I said not loyalist, just cultist. Don't believe me well tell when was the last thread you where you criticized Sony???

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#30  Edited By deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

@i_p_daily said:

They're not loyal, they're cultist.

That seems to be a trend these days lol.

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 SolidGame_basic

@i_p_daily: the problem with XBX1 is that their 1st party has been lackluster this gen. BC doesn't make up for it.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56079 Posts

I guess you could say I'm Nvidia loyalist to the brand of their top-notch GPU but that doesn't mean I don't have nothing against AMD GPU, I need the best of the best and Nvidia has it.

As for Sony, I do like their games but as of now, I'm not interest in the brand anymore which is odd, considering I been with Sony since the good old days of PSX. I do have plan to buy PS5 in the future but not on launch day and BC isn't something I care since I do keep my consoles anyways. And let's not forget about Nintendo, I love their games but that's about it and never been an actual fan of the brand, but their games are top-notch.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Pedro

@davillain- said:

I guess you could say I'm Nvidia loyalist to the brand of their top-notch GPU but that doesn't mean I don't have nothing against AMD GPU, I need the best of the best and Nvidia has it.

As for Sony, I do like their games but as of now, I'm not interest in the brand anymore which is odd, considering I been with Sony since the good old days of PSX. I do have plan to buy PS5 in the future but not on launch day and BC isn't something I care since I do keep my consoles anyways. And let's not forget about Nintendo, I love their games but that's about it and never been an actual fan of the brand, but their games are top-notch.

I buy Nvidia for the same reason but I don't really like the company. AMD is now starting to up their game which is good. I mainly prefer AMD because they tend to support more open platforms but I would not buy AMD at the cost of performance or features despite preferring them over Nvidia.

Sony games as of late has not been grasping my attention. I want more game focus games and less story heavy games. This applies to all game developers. There is just too much focus on story at the expense of a great gaming.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@SolidGame_basic said:

@i_p_daily: the problem with XBX1 is that their 1st party has been lackluster this gen. BC doesn't make up for it.

Ah deflection onto the Xbox and its games to try and not address what I said.

When was the last time you made a thread criticizing Sony???

And you cows rammed home that nobody buys a new console to play old games for years and yet here you are shilling it.

How about addressing those.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Pedro

@i_p_daily: When was the last time the Xbox faction made a thread criticizing MS?

onesiphorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#36 onesiphorus
Member since 2014 • 5247 Posts

"Cultish"? Is this supposed to be System Wars, not Fanboy Wars?

In what way is loyality to a brand considered the same as being a member of Jim Jones' People's Temple?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@Pedro said:

@i_p_daily: When was the last time the Xbox faction made a thread criticizing MS?

Don't know, but considering i'm talking to a person who makes a LOT of threads on here (how many lems make threads here to begin with?) shilling Sony, and is avoiding answering my questions which are fair questions by the way.

Since you claim to be a neutralist, maybe you should be quite and let solid answer the question.

Oh and I criticised MS in the thread that golden made about MS hiding money, saying that if they did hide money then they should be made to pay up, I've also criticised MS over AoE4 being a PC exclusive and a few other things, so again, be quite on things you know little about.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Pedro

@i_p_daily said:

Don't know, but considering i'm talking to a person who makes a LOT of threads on here (how many lems make threads here to begin with?) shilling Sony, and is avoiding answering my questions which are fair questions by the way.

Since you claim to be a neutralist, maybe you should be quite and let solid answer the question.

Oh and I criticised MS in the thread that golden made about MS hiding money, saying that if they did hide money then they should be made to pay up, I've also criticised MS over AoE4 being a PC exclusive and a few other things, so again, be quite on things you know little about.

You know that asking people to stay out of a conversation in public forum is a silly request. Not sure why you felt the need to tell me what I can and cannot challenge or interject in.

Also, you last paragraph is not equivalent to making a thread criticizing MS. So, you trying to argue that Sony faction only make threads praising Sony while the same can be said about any of the other faction is silly at best. And when challenged, you became hilariously aggressive. You may want to reconsider your question to Solid since it looks like a backfire is about to transpire. :)

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 SolidGame_basic

@i_p_daily: you don't actually pay attention to what I write lol. You're just trying to spin a narrative that fits your opinion.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@SolidGame_basic said:

@i_p_daily: you don't actually pay attention to what I write lol. You're just trying to spin a narrative that fits your opinion.

So what you're saying is that you haven't made none, that's a long way to say just that.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
@Pedro said:
@i_p_daily said:

You know that asking people to stay out of a conversation in public forum is a silly request. Not sure why you felt the need to tell me what I can and cannot challenge or interject in.

Also, you last paragraph is not equivalent to making a thread criticizing MS. So, you trying to argue that Sony faction only make threads praising Sony while the same can be said about any of the other faction is silly at best. And when challenged, you became hilariously aggressive. You may want to reconsider your question to Solid since it looks like a backfire is about to transpire. :)

Name a thread from a lem praising MS in the last 3 months, you see there are very few lems here to make ANY threads. Yet there are a shit ton of threads here from cows praising Sony AND shitting on MS, and none the other way around.

There's no backfire from me, that's just the current state of SW, unless you wish to show evidence proving otherwise?

You interjected with nothing hence the reason I told you to be quite. I have also made threads criticizing MS, and have yet to make ONE praising them, again if you know otherwise please provide proof or be quite.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23712 Posts

Blind loyalty to a brand is some dumb shit of course, but not exactly a surprise from the gaming community.

That being said, it's not hard to see why Sony has earned so much goodwill from console gamers. Aside from a very rough start with the PS3, they've been consistent in giving masses of gamers what they want. Gamers feel safe investing in a Playstation, knowing it's likely that they'll get a decent bang for their buck hardware wise, and that they'll see strong 1st and 3rd party support throughout the generation.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#44 xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

@i_p_daily: dude, you need to lighten up on the fanwars. These "all cows are cultists" rants are way into overgeneralization and hyperbole

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Pedro

@i_p_daily: You seem upset by a simple question.😎 I guess when someone flips the question you were asking back at you, you lose you shit. Here you are crying foul because Sony fanboys are too mean to MS on the System Wars forum. LOL 😂

Fanboys praise their company of identity. That's the norm. Stop whining like a child and suck it up.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@xantufrog said:

@i_p_daily: dude, you need to lighten up on the fanwars. These "all cows are cultists" rants are way into overgeneralization and hyperbole

C'mon man its fun and there is some truth to it. But I will tone it down a bit lol. Here's a light hearted meme :)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@Pedro said:

@i_p_daily: You seem upset by a simple question.😎 I guess when someone flips the question you were asking back at you, you lose you shit. Here you are crying foul because Sony fanboys are too mean to MS on the System Wars forum. LOL 😂

Fanboys praise their company of identity. That's the norm. Stop whining like a child and suck it up.

So you provide NO evidence and resort to name calling and you call me a child lol, Well you were right about one thing and that there was indeed a backfire, and his name is pedro lol.

Let this be a lesson to you pedro, don't butt in and you won't get shut down.

Caj1986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Caj1986
Member since 2015 • 399 Posts

@svaubel: good u understand that mate. Now try explaining dt to sony, xbox & nintendo fanboys who constantly bicker and defend their exclusives

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#49 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58900 Posts

Fanatics.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Pedro

@i_p_daily said:

So you provide NO evidence and resort to name calling and you call me a child lol, Well you were right about one thing and that there was indeed a backfire, and his name is pedro lol.

Let this be a lesson to you pedro, don't butt in and you won't get shut down.

I asked a question and you started raging like a child that you have to be tempered by a moderator. Sorry if the truth offends you. Consider not behaving like a child when being asked questions you don't like. :)

And you still didn't answer the question.LOL