Playstation 5 decapitates the XSX in Battlefield 2042. DigitalFoundry Analysis.

  • 193 results
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
Avatar image for hardwenzen
hardwenzen

15911

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 15911 Posts

Easily one of the best and sharpest looking titles on the current gen systems, and its simply too much for the XSX to handle. Stuttering, massive fps drops, you name it. Where is the 12tflops at? Maybe MS needed a 15tflops system to rival Sony's 9.2tfops🤷‍♂️This is pure misery for our lemmings population. THE GAME IS LITERALLY RUNNING AT 0 FPS in some spots. Let that sink in.

Avatar image for mowgly1
mowgly1

2160

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#2  Edited By mowgly1
Member since 2017 • 2160 Posts

OMG, Xbox Series X! OMG.

@davillain-

Remember when you closed my thread for no good reason, i mean, because Xbox fans were annoyed by that comparison list and flagged the thread?? Will you close this thread because XSX version is performing worse??

Avatar image for goldenelementxl
GoldenElementXL

6826

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3 GoldenElementXL
Member since 2016 • 6826 Posts

I watched this video earlier today and didn’t come away with this impression at all. Did TC cherry-pick some screenshots?

Avatar image for hardwenzen
hardwenzen

15911

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#4 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 15911 Posts

@goldenelementxl said:

I watched this video earlier today and didn’t come away with this impression at all. Did TC cherry-pick some screenshots?

Rewatch again from 5:55.

Avatar image for hrt_rulz01
hrt_rulz01

21298

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#5 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 21298 Posts

Lmao... you sad, salty individual. Is this all you do all day? Exciting life you lead 😂

Avatar image for hardwenzen
hardwenzen

15911

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#6 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 15911 Posts

@hrt_rulz01 said:

Lmao... you sad, salty individual. Is this all you do all day? Exciting life you lead 😂

Sorry, but my PS5 destroys your Xbox. It is what it is.

Avatar image for goldenelementxl
GoldenElementXL

6826

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By GoldenElementXL
Member since 2016 • 6826 Posts
@hardwenzen said:
@goldenelementxl said:

I watched this video earlier today and didn’t come away with this impression at all. Did TC cherry-pick some screenshots?

Rewatch again from 5:55.

The Series X runs at a higher resolution, and both consoles have performance problems with the 128 player mode…OK???

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

9742

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#8 blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 9742 Posts

@hrt_rulz01: this sad excuse for a cow should be enjoying Thanksgiving being grateful but this is all he does.

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

9742

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#9 blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 9742 Posts

@goldenelementxl: thread backfire

Avatar image for mesome713
Mesome713

1921

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By Mesome713
Member since 2019 • 1921 Posts

O wow, this is such a failed thread. The video clearly says the XBX is stronger than the PS5 and is running much higher spec features.

Talk about a back fire troll post, this is embarrassing.

Avatar image for tumorstation5
TumorStation5

293

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#11  Edited By TumorStation5
Member since 2021 • 293 Posts

If this guy knew anything about tech he would know that stuttering isn't hardware related but engine and streaming settings of the game itself..

Avatar image for mowgly1
mowgly1

2160

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#12  Edited By mowgly1
Member since 2017 • 2160 Posts

@hardwenzen said:
@goldenelementxl said:

I watched this video earlier today and didn’t come away with this impression at all. Did TC cherry-pick some screenshots?

Rewatch again from 5:55.

My last thread was closed because Xbox fans were damn annoyed by this list and of course it was flagged by them. BF2042 should be added too i hope.

https://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/when-103-tflops-is-actually-one-and-only-rdna-2-12-33572086/

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

9742

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#13 blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 9742 Posts

@mesome713: he's been self owning himself the entire day

Avatar image for hardwenzen
hardwenzen

15911

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#14 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 15911 Posts

@goldenelementxl said:
@hardwenzen said:
@goldenelementxl said:

I watched this video earlier today and didn’t come away with this impression at all. Did TC cherry-pick some screenshots?

Rewatch again from 5:55.

The Series X runs at a higher resolution, and both consoles have performance problems with the 120fps mode…OK???

What are you on about? There is no 120fps mode lmao. I have the game on the ps5. It runs very smoothly and there's no such thing as massive fps drops going as low as 0 fps on the X.

Avatar image for hardwenzen
hardwenzen

15911

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#15 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 15911 Posts
@tumorstation5 said:

If this thing knew anything about tech he would know that stuttering isn't hardware related but engine and streaming settings of the game itself..

Did you call me a "thing"? How disrespectful.

Avatar image for simple-facts
simple-facts

885

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#16 simple-facts
Member since 2021 • 885 Posts

Fake station gamer strikes again.

Keep up the good work op 👍

Avatar image for tumorstation5
TumorStation5

293

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#17 TumorStation5
Member since 2021 • 293 Posts

@hardwenzen: instead of 😢 over my typo why don't you give a proper response?

Avatar image for hardwenzen
hardwenzen

15911

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#18 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 15911 Posts

@tumorstation5 said:

@hardwenzen: instead of 😢 over my typo why don't you give a proper response?

That wasn't a typo.

Avatar image for tumorstation5
TumorStation5

293

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#19 TumorStation5
Member since 2021 • 293 Posts

@hardwenzen: cope then and comeback when you can back up your claims about stuttering being hardware related

Avatar image for girlusocrazy
GirlUSoCrazy

16563

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#20 GirlUSoCrazy
Member since 2015 • 16563 Posts

@goldenelementxl said:

The Series X runs at a higher resolution, and both consoles have performance problems with the 120fps mode…OK???

The video says there is no 120fps mode

Avatar image for hardwenzen
hardwenzen

15911

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#21 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 15911 Posts

@tumorstation5 said:

@hardwenzen: cope then and comeback when you can back up your claims about stuttering being hardware related

You're talking as if stuttring was the only thing happening on the X🤭

Avatar image for mesome713
Mesome713

1921

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#22 Mesome713
Member since 2019 • 1921 Posts

The PS5 is running weaker specs am cause the system is weaker. #Facts

Avatar image for hardwenzen
hardwenzen

15911

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#23 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 15911 Posts

@mesome713 said:

The PS5 is running weaker specs am cause the system is weaker. #Facts

The game runs at a permanent 0 fps on your console. What do you want?

Avatar image for tumorstation5
TumorStation5

293

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#24  Edited By TumorStation5
Member since 2021 • 293 Posts

@hardwenzen said:
@tumorstation5 said:

@hardwenzen: cope then and comeback when you can back up your claims about stuttering being hardware related

You're talking as if stuttring was the only thing happening on the X🤭

You keep trying so hard , stats of the games lol cope the series X not only has higher resolution ,but the stuttering isn't hardware related. Cry more.

The stuttering is caused by something related to how the engine works not the hardware.

Avatar image for br0kenrabbit
br0kenrabbit

17163

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#25  Edited By br0kenrabbit
Member since 2004 • 17163 Posts

@hardwenzen said:
@hrt_rulz01 said:

Lmao... you sad, salty individual. Is this all you do all day? Exciting life you lead 😂

Sorry, but my PS5 destroys your Xbox. It is what it is.

Console people bragging about their middling specs.

Peasant.

Avatar image for hardwenzen
hardwenzen

15911

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#26 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 15911 Posts

@tumorstation5:On that copium bottle again i see. Stuttering is not the only thing happening on the X. In heavy scenes, the fps drops way more than it does on the PS5.

@br0kenrabbit said:
@hardwenzen said:
@hrt_rulz01 said:

Lmao... you sad, salty individual. Is this all you do all day? Exciting life you lead 😂

Sorry, but my PS5 destroys your Xbox. It is what it is.

Console people bragging about their middling specs.

Peasant.

PFFFT. With BF20-42fps, you hermits shouldn't be talking at all.

Avatar image for br0kenrabbit
br0kenrabbit

17163

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#27 br0kenrabbit
Member since 2004 • 17163 Posts

@hardwenzen said:

@tumorstation5:On that copium bottle again i see. Stuttering is not the only thing happening on the X. In heavy scenes, the fps drops way more than it does on the PS5.

@br0kenrabbit said:
@hardwenzen said:
@hrt_rulz01 said:

Lmao... you sad, salty individual. Is this all you do all day? Exciting life you lead 😂

Sorry, but my PS5 destroys your Xbox. It is what it is.

Console people bragging about their middling specs.

Peasant.

PFFFT. With BF20-42fps, you hermits shouldn't be talking at all.

My 5950x/3080 wouldn't piss on you peasants if you were on fire. It's snooty like that.

And it has a British accent. So it's obviously better.

Avatar image for davillain
DaVillain

49530

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#28  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 49530 Posts

@mowgly1: Nope.

Now if you excuse me, I am taking a holiday break with the family🙂

Oh and please direct modding to Xantufrog as I'll be taking over while I'm off duty.

Avatar image for hardwenzen
hardwenzen

15911

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#29 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 15911 Posts

@br0kenrabbit said:
@hardwenzen said:

@tumorstation5:On that copium bottle again i see. Stuttering is not the only thing happening on the X. In heavy scenes, the fps drops way more than it does on the PS5.

@br0kenrabbit said:
@hardwenzen said:
@hrt_rulz01 said:

Lmao... you sad, salty individual. Is this all you do all day? Exciting life you lead 😂

Sorry, but my PS5 destroys your Xbox. It is what it is.

Console people bragging about their middling specs.

Peasant.

PFFFT. With BF20-42fps, you hermits shouldn't be talking at all.

My 5950x/3080 wouldn't piss on you peasants if you were on fire. It's snooty like that.

And it has a British accent. So it's obviously better.

Your 3080, a gpu that costs way higher than the whole ps5, is having fps drops in the 40's while playing at medium/low. So calm down.

Avatar image for br0kenrabbit
br0kenrabbit

17163

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#30 br0kenrabbit
Member since 2004 • 17163 Posts

@hardwenzen said:

Your 3080, a gpu that costs way higher than the whole ps5, is having fps drops in the 40's while playing at medium/low. So calm down.

We'll get a driver update. And money is only an object for potato farming peasants. Watch this: (spends lots on money on stuff he doesn't need and will never use).

Avatar image for ahrequenomori
AhReQueNoMori

859

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 10

#31 AhReQueNoMori
Member since 2020 • 859 Posts

The amount of salt, spreadsheets and what not is hilarious.

Avatar image for goldenelementxl
GoldenElementXL

6826

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#32 GoldenElementXL
Member since 2016 • 6826 Posts

@hardwenzen: @girlusocrazy:I meant 128 player mode, not 120fps mode.

DF suggests downloading the last gen versions and just playing the 64 player modes for consistent performance… But this is somehow ownage towards Xbox and a PS victory?!?!

Avatar image for hardwenzen
hardwenzen

15911

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#33 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 15911 Posts

@br0kenrabbit said:
@hardwenzen said:

Your 3080, a gpu that costs way higher than the whole ps5, is having fps drops in the 40's while playing at medium/low. So calm down.

We'll get a driver update. And money is only an object for potato farming peasants. Watch this: (spends lots on money on stuff he doesn't need and will never use).

Avatar image for hardwenzen
hardwenzen

15911

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#34  Edited By hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 15911 Posts
@goldenelementxl said:

@hardwenzen: @girlusocrazy:I meant 128 player mode, not 120fps mode.

DF suggests downloading the last gen versions and just playing the 64 player modes for consistent performance… But this is somehow ownage towards Xbox and a PS victory?!?!

They keep suggesting this stupidity as of late. Who the hell buys a next gen system to play last gen version of new titles? The game looks fugly on last gen and you're playing 64players on massive maps that are only 25% smaller. Its a very dumb suggestion on DF's part.

Avatar image for br0kenrabbit
br0kenrabbit

17163

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#35 br0kenrabbit
Member since 2004 • 17163 Posts

@hardwenzen said:
@br0kenrabbit said:
@hardwenzen said:

Your 3080, a gpu that costs way higher than the whole ps5, is having fps drops in the 40's while playing at medium/low. So calm down.

We'll get a driver update. And money is only an object for potato farming peasants. Watch this: (spends lots on money on stuff he doesn't need and will never use).

Have fun with that Raytracing oh wait...

Avatar image for mrbojangles25
mrbojangles25

52049

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#36  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 52049 Posts

This is all very very entertaining, not going to lie.

@br0kenrabbit said:
@hardwenzen said:

@tumorstation5:On that copium bottle again i see. Stuttering is not the only thing happening on the X. In heavy scenes, the fps drops way more than it does on the PS5.

@br0kenrabbit said:
@hardwenzen said:

...

...

...

My 5950x/3080 wouldn't piss on you peasants if you were on fire. It's snooty like that.

And it has a British accent. So it's obviously better.

Does it hold out its pinky finger when sipping tea?

Avatar image for regnaston
regnaston

3701

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#37 regnaston
Member since 2008 • 3701 Posts

@goldenelementxl said:

I watched this video earlier today and didn’t come away with this impression at all. Did TC cherry-pick some screenshots?

if course he did.. and he forgot to mention the PS5 drops to a lower resolution than the XSX ... IIRC the lowest resolution for the PS5 is 1800p whereas the XSX is 2036P (both are MOSTLY at 4K though)

Avatar image for br0kenrabbit
br0kenrabbit

17163

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#38 br0kenrabbit
Member since 2004 • 17163 Posts

@mrbojangles25 said:

This is all very very entertaining, not going to lie.

@br0kenrabbit said:
@hardwenzen said:

@tumorstation5:On that copium bottle again i see. Stuttering is not the only thing happening on the X. In heavy scenes, the fps drops way more than it does on the PS5.

@br0kenrabbit said:
@hardwenzen said:

...

...

...

My 5950x/3080 wouldn't piss on you peasants if you were on fire. It's snooty like that.

And it has a British accent. So it's obviously better.

Does it hold out its pinky finger when sipping tea?

Damn straight. Two cubes of sugar, too.

Avatar image for mesome713
Mesome713

1921

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#39  Edited By Mesome713
Member since 2019 • 1921 Posts

@regnaston: Yeah, this was a sad troll attempt. The video clearly proves the Xbox is way more powerful.

Avatar image for jasonofa36
JasonOfA36

3725

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#40  Edited By JasonOfA36
Member since 2016 • 3725 Posts

@br0kenrabbit: it's actually not as broken on PC as I thought it would be. Could be better, but it's not awful. Kept 60-100 FPS at ultra setting 1440p on my measly 5600x and 3070. Even higher 1% and .1% lows if I turn some settings down.

Avatar image for silentchief
Silentchief

2346

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#41 Silentchief
Member since 2021 • 2346 Posts

Don't worry " teh tools" are coming.

Avatar image for moosewayne
MooseWayne

357

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#42 MooseWayne
Member since 2017 • 357 Posts

What are the console settings anyway? med?

Avatar image for hardwenzen
hardwenzen

15911

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#43 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 15911 Posts

@moosewayne said:

What are the console settings anyway? med?

They haven't done the settings video yet, but having the game, its pretty crisp in general. I don't think this is one of those medium/low titles.

Avatar image for mowgly1
mowgly1

2160

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#44  Edited By mowgly1
Member since 2017 • 2160 Posts
@regnaston said:
@goldenelementxl said:

I watched this video earlier today and didn’t come away with this impression at all. Did TC cherry-pick some screenshots?

if course he did.. and he forgot to mention the PS5 drops to a lower resolution than the XSX ... IIRC the lowest resolution for the PS5 is 1800p whereas the XSX is 2036P (both are MOSTLY at 4K though)

You mean 2016p.

VGTech just confirmed that PS5 has better framerate. LOL. Also what VGTech said :

"PS5 and Xbox Series X use a dynamic resolution with the highest resolution found being 3840x2160 and the lowest resolution found being 2560x1440. Pixel counts at 2560x1440 seem to be rare on PS5 and Xbox Series X.

But XSX can push a higher resolution in some same scenes :

The resolution on Xbox Series X seems to be higher than PS5 when pixel counts are performed during the same scene on each console. Some example pixel counts for PS5 and Xbox Series X during the same scenes are below. Note that these figures are approximate.

Xbox Series X: 3733x2100 and PS5 3584x2016.

Xbox Series X: 3648x2052 and PS5 3456x1944.

Xbox Series X: 3342x1880 and PS5 3093x1740.

All three consoles appear to be using a form of checkerboard rendering to reach the stated resolutions.

Avatar image for br0kenrabbit
br0kenrabbit

17163

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#45 br0kenrabbit
Member since 2004 • 17163 Posts

@jasonofa36 said:

@br0kenrabbit: it's actually not as broken on PC as I thought it would be. Could be better, but it's not awful. Kept 60-100 FPS at ultra setting 1440p on my measly 5600x and 3070. Even higher 1% and .1% lows if I turn some settings down.

I'm not actually interested in the game. I'm just here to rub ribs. :p

Avatar image for clone01
clone01

29493

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#46 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29493 Posts

okay

Avatar image for jasonofa36
JasonOfA36

3725

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#47 JasonOfA36
Member since 2016 • 3725 Posts

@br0kenrabbit: Ha, fair enough.

Avatar image for kazhirai
KazHirai

431

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#48 KazHirai
Member since 2019 • 431 Posts

There's a 0.15 average framerate difference, this thread is dumb.

Avatar image for Sagemode87
Sagemode87

2616

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#49 Sagemode87
Member since 2013 • 2616 Posts

@tumorstation5: and..... PS5 has higher frames. Lems need to stop pretending "Xbox has higher resolution" is the end of an argument. No one is going to notice a difference from 47 extra pixels. Most people can't tell the difference from 1800p and 4k. Will take more players thanks to more Playstation owners being out there and better more feature rich controller. Sorry.

Avatar image for Sagemode87
Sagemode87

2616

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#50  Edited By Sagemode87
Member since 2013 • 2616 Posts

@kazhirai: it's as dumb as Lems gloating about resolution differences no one notices.