Saint-George

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By Saint-George
Member since 2023 • 1309 Posts

welcome to the xbox family,we hope you enjoy your PS5/xbox studio's COD Bundle!

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#3 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60718 Posts

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50596 Posts

It is honestly pretty crazy how much PS5 is dominating WW (outside of Japan that is). Is Sony first party REALLY that much of a difference to people?

GirlUSoCrazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By GirlUSoCrazy
Member since 2015 • 1115 Posts

@Chutebox: It could be a number of factors. Maybe it is like Phil said and people want to carry their library over from PS4. Maybe it is where their friends are at because they went to PS4 after the 360 instead of Xbox One. Maybe they are going to PC instead of Xbox, or streaming. Maybe something else.

In my case I didn't get a Series this gen because of my experience owning the One. I might get one down the road depending on the games, but if they do bring games to PS and Switch then maybe not.

blamix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 blamix
Member since 2006 • 2043 Posts

Uh oh people gonna get so pissed off again

templecow90999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 templecow90999
Member since 2021 • 913 Posts

I refuse to believe Cows are happy with Sony this gen. Congrats on the win

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22787 Posts

I've never seen a more underwhelming console generation leader than ps5....

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22787 Posts
@Chutebox said:

It is honestly pretty crazy how much PS5 is dominating WW (outside of Japan that is). Is Sony first party REALLY that much of a difference to people?

It's been their worst generation in terms of exclusive games too. Lol

GirlUSoCrazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 GirlUSoCrazy
Member since 2015 • 1115 Posts

@TheEroica: Maybe the sales will slow down if people feel that way

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Chutebox

@TheEroica: I know. I got nothing for why the difference is so large. This is a bigger gap than last gen isn't it? Someone correct me.

jcafcwbb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By jcafcwbb
Member since 2015 • 679 Posts

The thing is a lot of us have been gaming on the Playstation since the PS1/2 days and see no reason to change. There is nothing on the Xbox that means you need to buy that console, there may be some good games but nothing has the wow factor of early Halo; and if you wanted to play Mario or Zelda you would have a Switch already.

People stay loyal to a brand and Xbox has done nothing to make enough PSers to switch. COD is staying on the PS for the forseeable and Starfield is mediocre. The Elder Scrolls could be a big game but the Soulsborne genre has made that look old hat and Bethesda are going to have to make the ES6 a this-generation game.

Xbox still haven't got that console exclusive that will force a switch and it remains to be seen if they will get it in 2024.

navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#13  Edited By navyguy21
Member since 2003 • 17450 Posts

@jcafcwbb: This gen is lost for Xbox, I think they are building for 2026/next gen

Sony also shares the same concern about next gen and being overtaken

ThatForumUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#14 ThatForumUser
Member since 2019 • 706 Posts

@navyguy21: Xbox is every where. "gen" and "plastic box exclusive" is old way to think. The platform is Xbox not your plastic box.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Last_Lap
Member since 2023 • 6317 Posts

@Chutebox said:

Its brand name. It's not Sony's first party as none of their games reach a 20% attachment rate.

That and now the industry is going digital, most people are reluctant to move to another platform to start over again, which is crazy because if you really cared about your library you would own physical. Digital is just an icon you click on to play the game.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#16 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69864 Posts

@last_lap said:
@Chutebox said:

Its brand name. It's not Sony's first party as none of their games reach a 20% attachment rate.

That and now the industry is going digital, most people are reluctant to move to another platform to start over again, which is crazy because if you really cared about your library you would own physical. Digital is just an icon you click on to play the game.

Physical is just a disc you insert to install the icon you use to play the game.🙃

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#17 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58402 Posts

This is, ummm...interesting, I guess? I don't know, I mean objectively speaking not only is Sony completely not offering anything, they are also one of the worst values out there for gamers.

I just don't understand this. Must be groupthink/fanaticism. Guess that shouldn't surprise me, given the demeanor of the Sony supporters on here.

@Pedro said:
@last_lap said:
@Chutebox said:

Physical is just a disc you insert to install the icon you use to play the game.🙃

So it's the same, but with extra steps. And a disc you can break and lose ownership of?

Hmmm...

So...it's...better? Wait, no...

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Chutebox

@mrbojangles25: Never said they were having a stand out gen.

Just trying to understand why the gap is as big as it is.

Feels like it's much wider than previous gens.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Last_Lap

@mrbojangles25: Problem with Pedro is he's a digital absolutist, he can't wait to see digital as the only option that people have to purchase games.

Physical allows you to trade, borrow/lend, sell etc. Digital gives you nothing of value.

How many games have you bought that you will never play again and will just sit there doing nothing with them?

I'm of the belief both can co-exist, nothing wrong with that.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#20 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 39261 Posts

Where is mesome and his Switch sales at😥Its over😥Would've been over since 2020 if people could buy the system, but oh well😥

Avatar image for ___gamemaster__
___gamemaster__

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 ___gamemaster__
Member since 2009 • 3348 Posts

@jcafcwbb: tbh im finding a reason to buy xbox this gen and couldnt find one. Though i think its a solid console specially with the big purchase of bethesda and AB but i find gaming on PC and handhelds like switch and steamdeck better. I have PS5 but its mostly for exclusive. If all ps5 is day one on pc i wouldnt buy one either but i dont see that happening.

DanishAnwar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By DanishAnwar
Member since 2023 • 343 Posts

The impressive sales of PS5 in my opinion is due to new generation of gamers - Generation Alpha - who want to play the exclusives of last gen. I can't fathom older players Millennium and Gen Z who had already played the last gen exclusives wanting to play them again on this gen PS.

Additionally, I have seen a lot of American YouTube influencers who were previously Xbox fans converting to PS this gen saying they are angry and disappointed with Microsoft due to a lack of quality games in previous generation and disastrous exclusives like Redfall, Forza, Starfield, and others this gen. The mass conversion is also a factor that may have inflated PS5 sales figure in western countries where Xbox was previously the console of choice.

I personally bought PS5 mainly to play PS4 exclusive games. I had skipped that gen due to doing my Masters and then PhD while working full time.

A lot of PS4 games like Uncharted and FFVII have a free PS5 upgrade (FPS and Resolution) so it's a great value proposition for us gamers. The PS 5 version of LOU, Uncharted, GOW, Ghost 👻 of Tsushima, Horizon Zero Dawn and many more are a blast to play on this gen console. There are dozens of exclusive gems of last year that I haven't even touched yet.

Agreed that there are not many PS5 exclusive gems as compared to the last gen. The only PS5 exclusive game I really loved is SP2. But the backward compatibility makes it a real deal for gamers like me.

But I also believe this can't go on with PS6. Sony needs to again focus on releasing exclusive gems as in the previous gen otherwise the console won't be an attractive proposition anymore, and I would rather switch to PC gaming.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Last_Lap

@danishanwar: In what world do you live in to say that Starfield and Forza Motorsport were disastrous? Redfall was disastrous not the other 2.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#24 sealionact
Member since 2014 • 9822 Posts

@danishanwar: When gamers are happy with a console because it allows them to play last gen games and are currently looking forward to paying for a remake of a 4 year old game, it’s generally because they like the brand more than the actual product.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#25  Edited By Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34684 Posts
@Chutebox said:

Nope, I don't think so. PS has become "the console to have". When people think of "game console" their first thought is PlayStation, much like how it was Nintendo long ago. Most people play 3rd party games, so as long as PS keeps getting the EA sports and CoD games, it'll be fine.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 SolidGame_basic  Online
Member since 2003 • 45276 Posts

This is insane in the membrane, insane in the brain!

DanishAnwar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By DanishAnwar
@last_lap said:

@danishanwar: In what world do you live in to say that Starfield and Forza Motorsport were disastrous? Redfall was disastrous not the other 2.

Let me highlight it for you.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44158 Posts

If you have no new games may as well play the sales game. ;o

Have fun with that. lol :P

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Heil68

@SecretPolice said:

By golly there are over 5k games to play on current gen champ PS5! And I ain't whistli'n Dixie when I say t hat's a lot...whheeee weee

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44158 Posts

@Heil68 said:
@SecretPolice said:

By golly there are over 5k games to play on current gen champ PS5! And I ain't whistli'n Dixie when I say t hat's a lot...whheeee weee

What's your top 5 New 1st party BS Jive games for 2024?

lolol :P

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Heil68

@SecretPolice said:
@Heil68 said:
@SecretPolice said:

What's your top 5 New 1st party BS Jive games for 2024?

lolol :P

Since SONY is keeping the industry a float, every game coming out is a first party for PS5! Doesn't that makes sense?! ;)

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#33 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13668 Posts

@TheEroica said:
@Chutebox said:

It's been their worst generation in terms of exclusive games too. Lol

The sales don't represent the quality imo.

Boiled-Hotdug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Boiled-Hotdug
Member since 2022 • 309 Posts

@Heil68: Whistling Dixie 😂😂😂

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Last_Lap

@danishanwar said:
@last_lap said:

Let me highlight it for you.

Steam's user ratings, I rest my case 🤣🤣🤣

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#36 KvallyX
Member since 2019 • 13038 Posts

First place Switch is DEMOLISHING the competition.

Nintendo Switch Surpasses 132 Million Units Sold

https://www.gameinformer.com/news/2023/11/07/nintendo-switch-surpasses-132-million-units-sold-alongside-great-tears-of-the

DanishAnwar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 DanishAnwar

PS5 Europe Sales...Just look at those numbers! Looks like PS has cast a spell on gamers 🤣

DanishAnwar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By DanishAnwar

@last_lap: After a bit research, I have to agree with you. Steam rating cannot be trusted. There are firms paid to review bomb.

Still the fact cannot be denied PS for one reason or another seems to be crushing the competition.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Last_Lap

@danishanwar said:

@last_lap: After a bit research, I have to agree with you. Steam rating cannot be trusted. There are firms paid to review bomb.

Still the fact cannot be denied PS for one reason or another seems to be crushing the competition.

Glad you come to your senses, another tip, don't ever use Metashitics user ratings as you can post a review without ever playing the game. Metashitic is the WORST site in relation to video games.

I don't trust any review be it user or from so called game journo's. I watch gameplay vids and judge for myself from there, that and my 40yrs of gaming experience.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#40 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9408 Posts

@Chutebox said:

Sony's first party is so boring.

In a year when people are deep into anticipation for Nintendo's next console and Xbox is an app, i think it's crazy how crazy you think it is that PS5 is the best-selling console.

Spelamera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Spelamera
Member since 2024 • 72 Posts

@templecow90999 said:

I refuse to believe Cows are happy with Sony this gen. Congrats on the win

Ps5 sell on the "playstation" brand itself, i wish it had more games

Saint-George

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Saint-George
Member since 2023 • 1309 Posts

phil says welcome to the xbox family 💵💵💵

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#43 KvallyX
Member since 2019 • 13038 Posts

@danishanwar said:

How do you feel about Nintendo absolutely obliterating the competition? Do you think the PS6 will be able to pick things back up where the PS5 flopped?