Playing Last of us after Resident Evil 4 just doesnot feel right.

• 83 results
Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 0

#1 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 24915 Posts

Hello friends,

I finally played Last of us. after I beat RE4 remake twice in row.

and it appears that after RE4. this game doesnot actually feel right. last of us definitely looks like inspired by RE4 but I played like hour or so. you are once again barely doing anything. walking and walking. and prologue was also boring. but I have to say combat in Last of us is excellent. didnot expect that. and for that I may continue play.

however in RE4. withint first 5 minutes you enter village in home and encounter zombies and within 10 mintues you fought or run away from zombies. its pure gamey game. badass Leon S kennedy fighting and kicking zombies in first 10 minutes than sony movie games where you walk and talk. this is how you do Third person action game.

so my friend, do we really think TLOU is more like Poor mans RE4? lets discuss.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22372 Posts

Yep, Sony "games" are overly cinematic... we knew this.

neogeo2k2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3 neogeo2k2
Member since 2019 • 145 Posts

I love RE, I beat all the games and remakes except for 7, I just couldn’t get into the whole first person switch they did with the series, I’m glad RE8 had a 3rd person dlc.

But I think TLOU shouldn’t be compared to RE since it’s not your typical survival horror, since it has a more stealth gameplay style.

But I do have to admit that the last of us is my favorite all time game follow very close by GOW 2018 and Chrono Trigger

Worlds_Apart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#4 Worlds_Apart
Member since 2017 • 499 Posts

TLOU is the only reason why I want a Playstation. Will hopefully get to play it soon.

PCLover1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By PCLover1980
Member since 2022 • 1244 Posts

Different games. Even if I did find TLOU P1 really boring, the graphics still looked really good, and the acting and other technologies are really good and topples RE4R in these aspects. But gameplay/game-wise, RE4R just obliterates TLOU P1 and 2.

palasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 palasta
Member since 2017 • 1392 Posts

No shit. Resident Evil, as a SurvivalHorror, has always been more action oriented than its contemporaries.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10434 Posts
@ghosts4ever said:

Hello friends,

I finally played Last of us. after I beat RE4 remake twice in row.

and it appears that after RE4. this game doesnot actually feel right. last of us definitely looks like inspired by RE4 but I played like hour or so. you are once again barely doing anything. walking and walking. and prologue was also boring. but I have to say combat in Last of us is excellent. didnot expect that. and for that I may continue play.

however in RE4. withint first 5 minutes you enter village in home and encounter zombies and within 10 mintues you fought or run away from zombies. its pure gamey game. badass Leon S kennedy fighting and kicking zombies in first 10 minutes than sony movie games where you walk and talk. this is how you do Third person action game.

so my friend, do we really think TLOU is more like Poor mans RE4? lets discuss.

i wouldnt pick out the opening of re4r as something to praise it for. the first "gamey game" scene in re4r felt like a scene out of benny hill. running endlessly round a village in and out of buildings, jumping out of windows being chased by angry villagers with pitchforks until the bell rings and they all stop. it could've have played out to the music from benny hill.

it's the first time ive played re4 and i wasn't impressed with the start. and i wasn't keen on how the villagers could take so many headshots unless you followed up with a melee kick to drop them. re4r may take less time than tlou to get to the "gamey game," but it's takes re4r some time before that gamey game gets good too.

as games there is some overlap, but they still are quite different, both have strengths and weaknesses. they shouldnt be viewed as if one's good the other has to be bad

blamix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 blamix
Member since 2006 • 2030 Posts

Karen thread

omegaMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 omegaMaster
Member since 2017 • 3479 Posts

How dare you say about the TLOU. It's a masterpiece

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22662 Posts

@omegamaster said:

Lol.... Which version?

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#11  Edited By Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34600 Posts

OK. I've known what type of game it is for years, but good for you. No doubt there are things in the game I'd find enjoyable too, but it's all ruined by being half a movie. I'm not sitting through all that.

@Macutchi said:

i wouldnt pick out the opening of re4r as something to praise it for. the first "gamey game" scene in re4r felt like a scene out of benny hill. running endlessly round a village in and out of buildings, jumping out of windows being chased by angry villagers with pitchforks until the bell rings and they all stop. it could've have played out to the music from benny hill.

lol, yeah. But it's a fun section to play (imo) and the whole game is silly.. I personally wish it was even more silly, like the original.

@Macutchi said:

and i wasn't keen on how the villagers could take so many headshots unless you followed up with a melee kick to drop them.

I didn't have a problem with that. They're filled with parasites and can tank some headshots, and the melee moves are fun to do. Compared to the zombies in RE2R, those could tank like 5-8 shots in the head and you didn't have melee moves..

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45097 Posts

Did you pay for this one TC or pirate?

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Ghosts4ever

@omegamaster said:

masterpiece lol.

Boring walking segments over and over again. its a movie game.

omegaMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 omegaMaster

@ghosts4ever said:
@omegamaster said:

masterpiece lol.

Boring walking segments over and over again. its a movie game.

Still a masterpiece. the storyline is excellent. TLOU is massive and the TV show is better than Resident Evil films.

TLOU won a ton of awards back then.

omegaMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 omegaMaster
@TheEroica said:
@omegamaster said:

Lol.... Which version?

I've only played the Remastered version on PS4 and its a work of art and a masterpiece.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Last_Lap
Member since 2023 • 6026 Posts

Has wenzen hacked ghosts account?

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#17  Edited By hardwenzen  Online
Member since 2005 • 38831 Posts

Oh look, i have been telling you since 2020 that the combat system in TLOU2 (which btw is superior to TLOU1R) is amazing, and its only years later you play the inferior game, and see its potential. You've also played an hour, that is nowhere near enough to judge the game.

@last_lap said:

Has wenzen hacked ghosts account?

He is slowly waking, and beginning to understand life.

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16539 Posts

@ghosts4ever: the first tlou is actually really good, its a fantastig game. I didn't get into tlou2 though.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 hardwenzen  Online

@blaznwiipspman1 said:

@ghosts4ever: the first tlou is actually really good, its a fantastig game. I didn't get into tlou2 though.

WHY

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Macutchi
@pclover1980 said:

Different games. Even if I did find TLOU P1 really boring, the graphics still looked really good, and the acting and other technologies are really good and topples RE4R in these aspects. But gameplay/game-wise, RE4R just obliterates TLOU P1 and 2.

obliterate is a strong word.

go on, how does re4r's gameplay obliterate tlou2's? if you remove tlou2's death by a thousand cinematic cuts, just leaving its gameplay, it's one of the most mechanically accomplished survival stealth tps out there, if not the best

MysticalDonut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 MysticalDonut
Member since 2021 • 2504 Posts

RE4 remake combat feels lifted directly from TLOU.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 hardwenzen  Online

@mysticaldonut said:

RE4 remake combat feels lifted directly from TLOU.

Even tho i like it a lot in re4r, tlou2's combat is simply superior. That shiet is cruuuuunchy. Wish i could replicate it to every third person shooter or a survival game.

above_average

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By above_average
Member since 2021 • 1566 Posts
@Macutchi said:
@pclover1980 said:

go on, how does re4r's gameplay obliterate tlou2's? if you remove tlou2's death by a thousand cinematic cuts aspect, just leaving its gameplay, it's one of the most mechanically accomplished survival stealth tps out there, if not the best

He's a PC/MS fanboy. He speaks of TLOU P1 because it's the PC port and that's the only version he played. Should be a hint he's never even touched TLOU2.

blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 blaznwiipspman1

@hardwenzen: I was more close minded then, and I didn't like the woke agenda or how they did joel dirty. But I'm evolved now, became more progressive and open minded. So I'll give the game another shot. But not going to buy a ps5 for one game either.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 hardwenzen  Online

@blaznwiipspman1 said:

@hardwenzen: I was more close minded then, and I didn't like the woke agenda or how they did joel dirty. But I'm evolved now, became more progressive and open minded. So I'll give the game another shot. But not going to buy a ps5 for one game either.

That's funny to hear. I fking hate all this sjw bullshit. Very allergic to it, and literally nothing bothered me in the game. We already knew Ellie is lesbo. Abby is not a trans. The kid had a fuckedup childhood, and is a sex slave to his clan. And they killed Joel because ND felt like without his death, the revenge plot won't be anywhere near as strong (which i agree 1000%) AND by killing Joel, while playing the game, you knew that ANYTHING could happen at that point. I even thought Ellie would get clapped by the end of the game, and its pretty darn rare that you're playing a game, and have no idea what to expect.

TLOU2 is a masterpiece.

Randy_Lahey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Randy_Lahey
Member since 2022 • 1803 Posts

Both TLOUs are masterpieces.

blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By blaznwiipspman1
@hardwenzen said:
@blaznwiipspman1 said:

That's funny to hear. I fking hate all this sjw bullshit. Very allergic to it, and literally nothing bothered me in the game. We already knew Ellie is lesbo. Abby is not a trans. The kid had a fuckedup childhood, and is a sex slave to his clan. And they killed Joel because ND felt like without his death, the revenge plot won't be anywhere near as strong (which i agree 1000%) AND by killing Joel, while playing the game, you knew that ANYTHING could happen at that point. I even thought Ellie would get clapped by the end of the game, and its pretty darn rare that you're playing a game, and have no idea what to expect.

TLOU2 is a masterpiece.

sounds like you're in denial about it, but you do you. Personally I didn't really care for the story line, but yeah I'll give it a shot again in the future. Lol at masterpiece...you cows sure are funny. Halo Infinite is a masterpiece.

Also, no room for hate in this world, you should change your ways and start accepting everyone.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 hardwenzen  Online

@blaznwiipspman1 said:
@hardwenzen said:
@blaznwiipspman1 said:

TLOU2 is a masterpiece.

sounds like you're in denial about it, but you do you. Personally I didn't really care for the story line, but yeah I'll give it a shot again in the future. Lol at masterpiece...you cows sure are funny. Halo Infinite is a masterpiece.

Also, no room for hate in this world, you should change your ways and start accepting everyone.

In denial about what? It reviewed extremely well. Broke records when it comes to awards, and sold a ton. What exactly am i in denial about?

Avatar image for deactivated-654dc0d1e0e5b
deactivated-654dc0d1e0e5b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 deactivated-654dc0d1e0e5b
Member since 2021 • 1870 Posts

Two different games bro.

X_CAPCOM_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 X_CAPCOM_X
Member since 2004 • 9552 Posts

Disagree to the highest degree possible. Tlou simply drew major inspiration from re4. This undialectical retrospective (i.e. "poor man's re4") viewpoint completely disregards how devs learned about designing their games.

If anything, playing through re4 remake and tlou2 at the same time highlights how much the games really learn from each other. It is a student teaches master situation wrt these games specifically; tlou2 has influenced it's source material with the re4 remake. Despite that, moving and shooting still feels better in tlou2 vs re4 remake. Doesn't mean one of them is worse; the games are simply designed that way. Both masterpieces imo.

nepu7supastar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#31  Edited By nepu7supastar7
Member since 2007 • 6773 Posts

@ghosts4ever:

RE4 remake isn't even in the same book as Last of Us. In fact, the resource gathering and crafting came AFTER and wasn't in the original game. So if anything, RE4R TOOK from Last of Us to improve upon its formula. Hell, you couldn't even crouch in the og RE4. You're crazy, Ghostie. C-R-A-Z-Y.

nepu7supastar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By nepu7supastar7

@blaznwiipspman1:

There's nothing woke about Last of Us 2 that we didn't already know about in part 1. If you play part 2 from start to finish, everything leading up to Joel's death and Ellie's final decisions make perfect sense. I've debated and talked about it to every hater about this in the past already and they always lose the argument due to either a lack of information or lack of story comprehension.

PCLover1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 PCLover1980

@above_average said:

He's a PC/MS fanboy. He speaks of TLOU P1 because it's the PC port and that's the only version he played. Should be a hint he's never even touched TLOU2.

Don't associate me with lemmings. As for not owning the game, sucks to be you.

PCLover1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 PCLover1980
@Macutchi said:
@pclover1980 said:

go on, how does re4r's gameplay obliterate tlou2's? if you remove tlou2's death by a thousand cinematic cuts, just leaving its gameplay, it's one of the most mechanically accomplished survival stealth tps out there, if not the best

Just less combat encounters that felt worthwhile compared to RE4. And the enemy variety too. The AI is just painfully bad even on grounded, but granted RE4's the same. But at least there's more combat variety than TLOU 2.

above_average

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 above_average

@pclover1980 said:
@above_average said:

LMFAO, WTF is that supposed to be?

This dumbass pulled up a store front page as proof you own/played the game? WOW you showed me...

Now, go ahead and pull up your PSN achievements and let everyone see your TLOU II play time and achievements...

above_average

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 above_average

@pclover1980: And don't worry 😉I'll use this post as a timestamp to see how long it takes you to complete this simple lil task

PCLover1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 PCLover1980

@above_average said:

@pclover1980: And don't worry 😉I'll use this post as a timestamp to see how long it takes you to complete this simple lil task

Unfortunately I haven't linked my PSN to the PSN trophies site, and my PS4 is collecting dust. So *shrugs*. Don't care if you believe me or not though. Not like I won't lose sleep over it lol

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts

@pclover1980 said:
@above_average said:

below_average has been obliterated yet again.

above_average

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 above_average

@pclover1980 said:
@above_average said:

Unfortunately I haven't linked my PSN to the PSN trophies site, and my PS4 is collecting dust. So *shrugs*. Don't care if you believe me or not though. Not like I won't lose sleep over it lol

That's exactly what I thought 🤡

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Juub1990
Member since 2013 • 12620 Posts

You didn't buy either of these games. Get lost.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Macutchi
@pclover1980 said:
@Macutchi said:
@pclover1980 said:

Just less combat encounters that felt worthwhile compared to RE4. And the enemy variety too. The AI is just painfully bad even on grounded, but granted RE4's the same. But at least there's more combat variety than TLOU 2.

i thought the ai in tlou2 when you cranked the difficulty up was crazy, so unpredictable, so much closer to realism, and the way they co-ordinated against you was very impressive. far more sophisticated than any ai i've encountered. re4r not even remotely close. not to say re4r is bad or anything, just a case of recognising strengths and weaknesses

Fairmonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Fairmonkey
Member since 2011 • 2310 Posts

Last of Us was pretty good but it's always been overrated as hell. I've always preferred RE4's campaign

simple-facts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 simple-facts
Member since 2021 • 2592 Posts

TLOU,TLOU remaster,TLOU remastered remaster,and TLOU remaster of a remastered remaster went quickly down hill after the opening hour or two....a bit like the TV show, which is no surprise as the TV show was just the movie scene parts of the game 🤣

KathaarianCode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 KathaarianCode
Member since 2022 • 3398 Posts

TLoU is an ok game with an excellent story. On top of that is significantly older then the RE4 Remake.

Gameplay wise I would recommend TLoU2. Pretty stellar stuff. Very open approach to combat situations, be it through its combat layers, resource management, level design or AI, that absolutely will please immersion sim fans.

Having said that, depending on your attention span levels and how much of an incel you are, one's enjoyment of the game will vary.

Elaisse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Elaisse
Member since 2012 • 647 Posts

@hardwenzen said:
@blaznwiipspman1 said:

TLOU2 is a masterpiece.

One thing I found funny about the lesbian part is, no community in a world like that would allow her to be a lesbian.

Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#46 Mozelleple112
Member since 2011 • 11266 Posts

@hardwenzen: 100% agreed. I honestly think TLOU2 might have the best gameplay and combat mechanics of any game.

Sekiro is the king of swordplay based combat mechanics (aka non-gun)

TLOU2 is the king of gunplay based combat. (aka TPS/action)

I really wish they added the improved combat of TLOUP2 to TLOUP1 (dodging, proning, improved level design to accommodate the changes, plus the new melee weapons and firearms as well)

That would make The Last of Us Part I the de facto consensus greatest game of all time instead of just settling as top 3-5 GOAT.

Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#47 Mozelleple112
Member since 2011 • 11266 Posts

@Macutchi: the enemy AI was best in class. So enjoyable playing with enemy AI on grounded difficulty. all else being survivor except resources on normal.

nepu7supastar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By nepu7supastar7

@Elaisse:

I'm pretty sure in a post-apocalyptic world, no one would care about what you are into. As long as you can pull your own weight and contribute to the group/settlement. That's what would matter most. If anything, you wouldn't want too many mouths to feed when you have limited supplies.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Ghosts4ever

Last of us still keep crashing after so many patches. such a badly optimize game. it keep freezing my PC.

F**K this game. it made my PC overheated and crash and freeze.

nepu7supastar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 nepu7supastar7

@ghosts4ever:

That's Naughty Dog's fault, not the game's. Part One on pc was a bad port all around.