Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Juub1990
Member since 2013 • 12620 Posts

In my opinion, one of the best and most overlooked features of Steam are the forums and their communities. Many game developers have people actively monitoring the discussions to get players feedback and improve upon the product.

Case and point, back when Darksiders III was released, I had a gripe with the dodge mechanic and posted this on the Steam Forums.

Not saying I was even the one responsible for it but later on, they did release an update which fixed many issues players complained about. They added a Classic mode for the combat system more in line with the other Darksiders games because the default one was too Souls-like. They also largely fixed the dodge/counter mechanic. If I remember, they either extended the window or made you invulnerable during a counter.

This was a while ago but I think it was really cool that the dev literally replied to a random player telling them their complaints would be addressed in a future update and thanking them for the feedback.

What are your experiences regarding devs on players' feedback? Any major differences between Steam/PC and consoles? Has a dev ever replied to you or fixed an issue you complained about?

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56214 Posts

I rarely make a comment on a game mechanics that was very flaw but I did comment on EA Origin regarding Jedi Fallen Order really needs more content and letting players wanting to use their red Lightsaber cause it was so badly tease and with the latest update, players are getting their wish. Can't say they listen to me but it was heavy requested for more content cause Jedi Fallen Order is the best SP Star Wars game we have as of now.

I never did such a thing on consoles, so can't say rather consoles have this feature into regards console forums.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59071 Posts

Not sure if i'd see Steam forums as a positive. If you think this place is negative with shitposting it's nothing compared to those forums.

The community hubs? Yea. Art. Guides. Reviews. Screenshots. Workshop etc... great.

AnthonyAutumns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#4 AnthonyAutumns
Member since 2014 • 1704 Posts

The forums are a mixed bag for me (except the trading area)

I also have same sentiment towards cup's 2nd paragraph.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56214 Posts

@anthonyautumns said:

The forums are a mixed bag for me (except the trading area)

I also have same sentiment towards cup's 2nd paragraph.

I'm just speculating. I would assume developers/publishers get their feedbacks more toward on Twitter/Facebook more so then the gaming forums.