Played xbox one at microsoft store. impressions

• 67 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

XBOunity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By XBOunity
Member since 2013 • 3837 Posts

Ok well I finally got my hands on the xbox one.. I played killler Instinct and Forza. So here I go

Controller: fear not my fellow xbox fans, controller melts in your hand and is godlike. It definitely improves on its predecessor. Playing forza you really see the improvements as the feedback on the triggers immerse you further. The controller is 10/10. Only negative is that I wouldnt recommend eating greasy food and then handling the controller as I can see the plastic on the controller really picking up dat grease.

KILLER INSTINCT: Ok visually, even at 720p it looks fanstastic and even more detail than the 1080p forza. Game is AAE material and if was a full slate release it would be AAAe candidate. Very impressed with graphical elements such as particle effects etc.

Forza 5: ok the game is typical forza. Awesome control, awesome physics, AI, looks slick, and was expecting it to be that good. AAAe candidate for sure. The cockpit view is awesome and one of the first car game where I think I will play default. Hyped

Buzz: spoke to a few bystanders and everyone is impressed. They all wanna know about the tv intergration and what that means. People asking the microsoft rep with #geekon shirt in regards to this, but I kinda was more informed than him and explained how the overlay guide works and the hdmi in. I actually sold an xbox one for the rep. Alot of hype around xbox.

Glad I.kept my preorder

xbox show my stuff nov 22nd

Spartan070

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Spartan070
Member since 2004 • 16497 Posts

Good stuff again.

People who have actually played it - impressed.

People on SW - hate it.

Rofl

dvalo9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By dvalo9
Member since 2010 • 1301 Posts

Lemme guess the ms store is 10/10 too?

EZs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 EZs
Member since 2005 • 1573 Posts

@XBOunity said:

Ok well I finally got my hands on the xbox one.. I played killler Instinct and Forza. So here I go

Controller: fear not my fellow xbox fans, controller melts in your hand and is godlike. It definitely improves on its predecessor. Playing forza you really see the improvements as the feedback on the triggers immerse you further. The controller is 10/10. Only negative is that I wouldnt recommend eating greasy food and then handling the controller as I can see the plastic on the controller really picking up dat grease.

KILLER INSTINCT: Ok visually, even at 720p it looks fanstastic and even more detail than the 1080p forza. Game is AAE material and if was a full slate release it would be AAAe candidate. Very impressed with graphical elements such as particle effects etc.

Forza 5: ok the game is typical forza. Awesome control, awesome physics, AI, looks slick, and was expecting it to be that good. AAAe candidate for sure. The cockpit view is awesome and one of the first car game where I think I will play default. Hyped

Buzz: spoke to a few bystanders and everyone is impressed. They all wanna know about the tv intergration and what that means. People asking the microsoft rep with #geekon shirt in regards to this, but I kinda was more informed than him and explained how the overlay guide works and the hdmi in. I actually sold an xbox one for the rep. Alot of hype around xbox.

Glad I.kept my preorder

Pic or GTFO.

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#5 Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

Well, it's not like the Xbox One is going to be a terrible product. It's just... Microsoft's Xbox division are all meanies and have lost their vision with the original xbox with its gamers.

XxR3m1xInHDn3D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By XxR3m1xInHDn3D
Member since 2013 • 2365 Posts

Sounds beyond breathtaking! 10/10 OP, would read again.

razgriz_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7  Edited By razgriz_101
Member since 2007 • 16875 Posts

had a shot of both the PS4 and Xbox one, personally impressed with both.

Although i wish the PS4 didnt have knack and would have much prefered if they even just threw a beta build of a game like Drive Club or KZ SF just to push the visuals a bit more.

FM5 feels familiar, looks good unlike the claims on here and is a substantial improvement over 4 although it has a GT3 esque approach so far in terms of a shortened car list although the track list looks thoroughly dissapointing that i may wait until 6 then plunge to next gen or if something that makes me want the xbox one comes along quicker.

Overall i like both, and on the fence til E3 14 in all honesty.

XBOunity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 XBOunity

@EZs: will do it gimme a little time its 524am in mornimg

EZs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 EZs
Member since 2005 • 1573 Posts

@XBOunity: alright I'm waiting for ya.

withe1982

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By withe1982
Member since 2005 • 450 Posts

Thanks OP for that completely unbiased review. So to summarise: Xbox fan who has already pre-ordered an Xbox One goes into an Xbox official store and plays Xbox. Gives controller 10/10, Killer Instinct 10/10 and Forza 10/10.

Well quell surprise.

Coming next for System Wars. Cow walks into Sony store and reviews PS4. Wondering what score they'll give it?

XxR3m1xInHDn3D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 XxR3m1xInHDn3D

@withe1982 said:

Thanks OP for that completely unbiased review. So to summarise: Xbox fan who has already pre-ordered an Xbox One goes into an Xbox official store and plays Xbox. Gives controller 10/10, Killer Instinct 10/10 and Forza 10/10.

Well quell surprise.

Coming next for System Wars. Cow walks into Sony store and reviews PS4. Wondering what score they'll give it?

Cows have already done that and quite a few of them prefer the DS3 to the DS4. They also all hate Knack

withe1982

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By withe1982

@XxR3m1xInHDn3D: I'm getting a PS4 next year (when some decent games eventually come out for it) and I can admit that for next gen Knack looks like trash but maybe fun to play.

For once I'd like an Xbox fan to admit that it has failings instead of giving everything 10/10. If a MS employee rang their doorbell and when they answered, farted in their face they'd give it 10/10.

I own both a PS3 and 360 and I'm open to criticism of both Sony and Microsoft and I'm be more likely to believe a cow that criticises PS4 or a Lem that criticises Xbox One than vice versa.

But I guess this is System Wars so not gonna happen.

XBOunity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 XBOunity

@withe1982: obviously you dont know who I am. Look at my post history. Have been openly pissed at ms for resolutiongate and I told everyone the cod rumor is true. Xbox shortcomings are its fpu amd ram setup. They fell short. Everything else is better than ps4 except for power. Multis will be bettee on ps4, but for once I would like someone like yourself to say wow thats prettu cool microsoft, gotta admit you did it right instead of blind hate. The xbox one is amazingly cool, but if I listened to you it would be an nsa box with a choppy ui and snap crashes the system. Lol

XxR3m1xInHDn3D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 XxR3m1xInHDn3D

@XBOunity said:

@withe1982: obviously you dont know who I am. Look at my post history. Have been openly pissed at ms for resolutiongate and I told everyone the cod rumor is true. Xbox shortcomings are its fpu amd ram setup. They fell short. Everything else is better than ps4 except for power. Multis will be bettee on ps4, but for once I would like someone like yourself to say wow thats prettu cool microsoft, gotta admit you did it right instead of blind hate. The xbox one is amazingly cool, but if I listened to you it would be an nsa box with a choppy ui and snap crashes the system. Lol

Cows wouldn't even be able to bring themselves to admit that Kinect is better than the Eyetoy

withe1982

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By withe1982

@XBOunity: Dude read my post. I'm not a fanboy. Own both consoles so I'm not blinkered/biased. Just seems most MS fans cannot admit it's failings. I have in the past admitted when Sony are at fault and if you check my posts, just the other day, I praised the Xbox One UI and also stated that anyone who believes the One is spying on the should be wearing a foil hat.

What I'd like is a thread where Cows can list the PS4s faults and Lems Can do the same for Xbox One without bias and fanboyism. Guess it's my own fault for being in a forum called System Wars; unbiased it is not.

I am getting a PS4 first but that in no way means I'll not invest in an Xbox One somewhere down the line.

GravityX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By GravityX
Member since 2013 • 865 Posts

@Gaming-Planet: And yet MS is launching with Forza 5, Dead Rising 3, Killer Instinct and Ryse. Sony has KZSF and Knack - Knack. Yeah MS doesn't do games.

XBOunity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 XBOunity

@withe1982: im getting a ps4. I have been open tho about ms shortcomings bit was really happy woth the setup. So much so im going back today to play more. Im getting a ps4 down the line, so xbo has failed me due to its resolution bottleneck. They fell short of a monster by gpu design etc. So thats pretty open right, would you ever hear a cow be open about a sony product? They are the most blind fanboys, they said the ds3 was better than the 360 controller, I never ever heard of cows like heli and others admit shortcomings, all it ever is with them is "thank you Sony" "thank you kaz" etc.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60705 Posts

@XxR3m1xInHDn3D said:

#legendary. It humbles me that I shape SW's the way I do.

OT, that's cool TC, I'll grab they xbone later on down the road when enough exclusives appeal to me.

XxR3m1xInHDn3D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By XxR3m1xInHDn3D

@Heil68 said:

@XxR3m1xInHDn3D said:

OT, that's cool TC, I'll grab they xbone later on down the road when enough exclusives appeal to me.

Why innovate when I can duplicate? #Sony

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60705 Posts

@XxR3m1xInHDn3D said:

@Heil68 said:

@XxR3m1xInHDn3D said:

Why innovate when I can duplicate? #Sony

I dont do it for the spotlight, accolades or awards, I do it for the love of games and SW's.

XBOunity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 XBOunity

@XxR3m1xInHDn3D: only they cant. Kinect seems to be the real winner next gen. The uaer who got it said it was insane. Both systems are good, just xbo does more. Heli thinks he shape sw? Lol

2mrw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#22 2mrw
Member since 2008 • 6205 Posts

TC, how good is KI compared to UMVC3 if you played it?

shawn30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 shawn30
Member since 2006 • 4409 Posts

@XBOunity said:

Glad I.kept my preorder

Woo Hoo!!! We didn't lose you :)

timbers_WSU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#24  Edited By timbers_WSU
Member since 2012 • 6076 Posts

@2mrw said:

Well you have 2 camps.

One camp hates American fighters. They also think Capcom are Godly and can do no wrong.

Then the other camp just likes fighting games in general and really don't give a flying **** about where it was made. Killer Instinct plays like nothing else on the market. And when someone plays it for 5 minutes and then walks away unimpressed they are not gonna get why some people have cried for a new one for almost 2 decades.

If there was another game that plays similar it is probably Marvel vs Capcom 2 or 3 though. And I feel like the game mechanics are more Japanese than western... And I think it is the better game over MVC3 as well. Season 2 is confirmed and we will get those 8 characters much quicker than the time it took them to develop the first season (A year and a month). The engine is already in place now and the 8 second season characters are already in development.

My guess is Cows and EVO fans who are Capcom or GTFO will always hate it, everyone else will like it. I am also gonna guess by the reactions to game site about the game that it is gonna be a solid 8 on metacritc when it is all said and done, and that is with only 8 fighters is season 1 and 6 at launch. Of course the Cows will lower the user score down in Call of Duty like proportions.

jsmoke03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#25 jsmoke03
Member since 2004 • 13717 Posts

can i really trust an honest review with his username?

xb1 is going to be fine. i dont think its worth the extra $100 but the console is going to do good since the 180

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#26 Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

Yeah I tried Forza 5 and I really liked the new controller, the 360 one now seems almost cheap by comparison.

Suppaman100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Suppaman100
Member since 2013 • 5250 Posts

Xbone 720p is fine...if you have low standards.

XBOunity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 XBOunity

@timbers_WSU said:

@2mrw said:

Well you have 2 camps.

One camp hates American fighters. They also think Capcom are Godly and can do no wrong.

Then the other camp just likes fighting games in general and really don't give a flying **** about where it was made. Killer Instinct plays like nothing else on the market. And when someone plays it for 5 minutes and then walks away unimpressed they are not gonna get why some people have cried for a new one for almost 2 decades.

If there was another game that plays similar it is probably Marvel vs Capcom 2 or 3 though. And I feel like the game mechanics are more Japanese than western... And I think it is the better game over MVC3 as well. Season 2 is confirmed and we will get those 8 characters much quicker than the time it took them to develop the first season (A year and a month). The engine is already in place now and the 8 second season characters are already in development.

My guess is Cows and EVO fans who are Capcom or GTFO will always hate it, everyone else will like it. I am also gonna guess by the reactions to game site about the game that it is gonna be a solid 8 on metacritc when it is all said and done, and that is with only 8 fighters is season 1 and 6 at launch. Of course the Cows will lower the user score down in Call of Duty like proportions.

feel the same way, im going two days in a row I was that impressed. the graphics look amazing. Forza just is an experience, this was just good old videogame wowing eye candy. 8 fights will get 8, full release would of been a 9, but really its a 9 to me, I will keep on playing that game over and over, each and every character, and then I want an ultimate edition to me be. Double Helix delivered, first time I saw a struggling dev making those kinds of games make a reversal like that, I think ken lobb helped though, and a lot. good for them.

danabo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 danabo
Member since 2003 • 2438 Posts

@withe1982 said:

@XBOunity: Dude read my post. I'm not a fanboy. Own both consoles so I'm not blinkered/biased. Just seems most MS fans cannot admit it's failings. I have in the past admitted when Sony are at fault and if you check my posts, just the other day, I praised the Xbox One UI and also stated that anyone who believes the One is spying on the should be wearing a foil hat.

What I'd like is a thread where Cows can list the PS4s faults and Lems Can do the same for Xbox One without bias and fanboyism. Guess it's my own fault for being in a forum called System Wars; unbiased it is not.

I am getting a PS4 first but that in no way means I'll not invest in an Xbox One somewhere down the line.

Right now, I prefer the Xbox One for it's exclusive games, UI, Kinect 2.0, and features.

However, there are two very obvious failings. 1. It's $100(£75) more expensive than it's competitor. 2. It's less powerful than it's cheaper competitior.

I was also against the 24 hour check-in before they announced it, and I'm still wary about supporting a product/company that tried to do that.

XBOunity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 XBOunity

lems more realistic than cows confirmed by thread.

Avatar image for StrongBlackVine
StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 StrongBlackVine
Member since 2012 • 13262 Posts

@GravityX said:

@Gaming-Planet: And yet MS is launching with Forza 5, Dead Rising 3, Killer Instinct and Ryse. Sony has KZSF and Knack - Knack. Yeah MS doesn't do games.

That is only because Microsoft abandoned the 360 years ago. Dead Rising 3 and Ryse(I think) were supposed to be 360 games. Your attempt at damage control failed miserably. Sony was smart to release TLOU, Beyond Two Souls and Gran Turismo 6 on PS3. M$ just said screw 360 users.

cheesie253

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By cheesie253
Member since 2003 • 1014 Posts

I know you are in somewhat the same area as me timbers but if haven't been able to find a ps4 or One that's playable yet. The best buy in Tacoma has a One on display but not playable and not even a ps4 on display. I am getting really anxious to try them both out. I will say the xbox One is a lot smaller in person. At least to my eyes. Doing some running around today so I'm hoping to find playable kiosks somewhere.

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

More and more positive reviews coming in from real people who have played the X1. Winning hearts and minds over and letting the games do the speaking. Thank you MS.

StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 StrongBlackVine

@FoxbatAlpha said:

More and more positive reviews coming in from real people who have played the X1. Winning hearts and minds over and letting the games do the speaking. Thank you MS.

Losing the sale battle badly in hardware and software. Great job M$.

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 FoxbatAlpha

@StrongBlackVine said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

Da fuq cares at this point. Once the word is out Sony will be flat on its ass and those PS4 sales will plummet.

StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 StrongBlackVine

@FoxbatAlpha said:

@StrongBlackVine said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

Da fuq cares at this point. Once the word is out Sony will be flat on its ass and those PS4 sales will plummet.

The word is already out. $100 cheaper, better hardware that shows in games already and Sony didn't try to take your consumer rights away. Xflop has no chance at winning this generation.

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 FoxbatAlpha

@StrongBlackVine said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

@StrongBlackVine said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

The word is already out. $100 cheaper, better hardware that shows in games already and Sony didn't try to take your consumer rights away. Xflop has no chance at winning this generation.

That word could quickly change. Look how all of Sony's e3 momentum is gone and lots of new people are looking at the X1 in a whole new way.

StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 StrongBlackVine

@FoxbatAlpha said:

@StrongBlackVine said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

@StrongBlackVine said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

That word could quickly change. Look how all of Sony's e3 momentum is gone and lots of new people are looking at the X1 in a whole new way.

Keep believing that. It's not true. Microsoft will be 2nd only because Nintendo is terrible.

timbers_WSU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#40  Edited By timbers_WSU
Member since 2012 • 6076 Posts

@Suppaman100 said:

You better hope more people in the world have lower standards than Lems and Sheep because if they don't you will never get a friend of the opposite sex.

XBOunity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 XBOunity

im going again to the Microsoft store.

Suppaman100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Suppaman100
Member since 2013 • 5250 Posts

@timbers_WSU said:

@Suppaman100 said:

You better hope more people in the world have lower standards than Lems and Sheep because if they don't you will never get a friend of the opposite sex.

HAHAAHAHHA!

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#43  Edited By Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

@timbers_WSU said:

@2mrw said:

Well you have 2 camps.

you calling out cows and downplaying the opinions of other like if yours were fact but I bet you don't even know what's a frame-trap, bnb, otg, jump cancel let alone what an option/select even is to be claiming which game is superior to which just because you're biased toward KI as a franchise.

The fact that you compare KI to MVC when the former doesn't even has an air game makes your opinion a total joke. You really have no idea what you're taking about, and not to mention that KI was made to be a very casual friendly fighting game. You'll never see execution heavy combos like in a MVC game in a KI game because the latter doesn't even has an air game. KI is limited to a crappy ground game, it's like a 3D game stuck in 2D ala SxT but worse. If you like that stuff then good for you....

KI and MVC are not even on the same league when it comes to gameplay mechanics.

Loading Video...
Loading Video...

And that's only Viper, if you see what people do with Dante or Magneto you would shit in your pants.

applefan1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By applefan1991  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 3397 Posts

Starting to notice that every person that has actually tried an Xbox one has mostly positive things to say. Especially regarding Forza, the Controller and the speed of the Dashboard and the UI. On the other hand, with the PS4 all I'm hearing as the controller is better than the DS3 but not better then the One and the UI is sluggish and clunky.

lglz1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#45  Edited By lglz1337
Member since 2013 • 4959 Posts

damaged people trying to save the xbox brand.. so cute!

whatsazerg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By whatsazerg
Member since 2009 • 1151 Posts

Oh... was hoping for a honest critique of your experience... then I saw your name. nvr mind *leaves thread*

Xbone controller 10/10??? Really? Dat D-Pad LOL

Spartan070

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Spartan070
Member since 2004 • 16497 Posts

@Gue1 said:

KI and MVC are not even on the same league when it comes to gameplay mechanics.

ROFL, complains about KI's mechanics, only shows vid of prone enemy getting Ultra Combo'd LMAO.

Try out some actual match footage, matches start at 0:56...

Loading Video...

/biasedclaims.

Multipass35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#49 Multipass35
Member since 2013 • 312 Posts

@XBOunity said:

Glad I.kept my preorder

No one can say anything this good about the PS4. Me likey Xbox One.