Played RFOM online yesterday

• 56 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Huxley_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Huxley_00
Member since 2006 • 1309 Posts
wow was I dissapointed..
every game I joined was just people running around with no mic doing there own thing in these huge boring maps..
To top it off, it takes one or 2 bullets to kill someone in the game so it's so easy to camp and kill someone because of the poor map design

advice...
pass on this horrible game..

OXIIIIXO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 OXIIIIXO
Member since 2006 • 2337 Posts

wow was I dissapointed..
every game I joined was just people running around with no mic doing there own thing in these huge boring maps..
To top it off, it takes one or 2 bullets to kill someone in the game so it's so easy to camp and kill someone because of the poor map design

advice...

Huxley_00

Great in depth review! :roll:

Spartan070

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Spartan070
Member since 2004 • 16497 Posts

To late, I already played it and:(.................it was awesome.:):):)

/thread.

Huxley_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Huxley_00
wasn't a review.. was just my impressions of the online portion of the game thnx for trying to spin it off as a review though!
InfamousC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 InfamousC
Member since 2006 • 2389 Posts

wow was I dissapointed..

advice...

Huxley_00

If your talking about using a sniper rifle DUH any game will have that but other then that any other gun will take you more then two shots to kill someone. I have to disagree with with the map designs. The map designs are fantastic if you ask me. You problaby only played the game five minutes then quit.

Avatar image for fnbysnedfriends
fnbysnedfriends

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 fnbysnedfriends
Member since 2007 • 34 Posts
pssst hes an ms fanboy dont reply.
Avatar image for TekkenMaster606
TekkenMaster606

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 TekkenMaster606
Member since 2006 • 10980 Posts
Played xxxx online yesterday...

Insert OP...

BLURBS for FANBOYS.
Dreams-Visions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Dreams-Visions
Member since 2006 • 26578 Posts
wow was I dissapointed..

advice...

Huxley_00
that's pretty much the Resistance experience. you get used to it after awhile. but it definitely doesn't reach out and grab you online. not in the way Unreal Tournament or something like that does.
Spartan070

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Spartan070
Member since 2004 • 16497 Posts
I will admit, Halo 2 WHOMPS ALL OVER Resistence online...
Dreams-Visions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Dreams-Visions
Member since 2006 • 26578 Posts
I will admit, Halo 2 WHOMPS ALL OVER Resistence online...Spartan070
Halo 2 whomps on just about every online game to date. game devs have tried and STILL can't do what Bungie did nearly 3 years ago. it's STILL amazing.
Imallvol7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Imallvol7
Member since 2003 • 7566 Posts
I like Resistance a whole lot, but since i can not be deranked, that kinda killed it for me. You can be horrible but play 24/7 and have a very high ranking
sauska_sun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#12 sauska_sun
Member since 2006 • 694 Posts

To late, I already played it and:(.................it was awesome.:):):)

/thread.

Spartan070
same here
MrGrimFandango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13 MrGrimFandango
Member since 2005 • 5286 Posts

[QUOTE="Spartan070"]I will admit, Halo 2 WHOMPS ALL OVER Resistence online...Dreams-Visions
Halo 2 whomps on just about every online game to date. game devs have tried and STILL can't do what Bungie did nearly 3 years ago. it's STILL amazing.

CS 1.6 AND CSS both crush Halo online, like not even a little bit....like CS destroys EVERY SINGLE ONLINE GAME...did I mention it was just a mod?

PS3_3DO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 PS3_3DO
Member since 2006 • 10976 Posts

I like Resistance a whole lot, but since i can not be deranked, that kinda killed it for me. You can be horrible but play 24/7 and have a very high rankingImallvol7

Can I ask you a serious question? This isn't bashing PS3 online by the way I just want to know if there are any glitches people are using in PS3 games like some did in PS2 games.

D0wnfall1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 D0wnfall1
Member since 2006 • 1363 Posts
You sucking at the game =/= The multiplayer being bad.
Gamer556

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Gamer556
Member since 2006 • 3846 Posts

[QUOTE="Dreams-Visions"][QUOTE="Spartan070"]I will admit, Halo 2 WHOMPS ALL OVER Resistence online...MrGrimFandango

CS 1.6 AND CSS both crush Halo online, like not even a little bit....like CS destroys EVERY SINGLE ONLINE GAME...did I mention it was just a mod?

The problem with CS is how "bare bones" it is. It offers nothing outside of the standard game mode. Halo 2 still has the best online functionality to date, by far.

MrGrimFandango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 MrGrimFandango
Member since 2005 • 5286 Posts
[QUOTE="MrGrimFandango"]

[QUOTE="Dreams-Visions"][QUOTE="Spartan070"]I will admit, Halo 2 WHOMPS ALL OVER Resistence online...Gamer556

The problem with CS is how "bare bones" it is. It offers nothing outside of the standard game mode. Halo 2 still has the best online functionality to date, by far.

CS is bare bones because it doesnt have king of the hill or capture the flag? It only has bare bones yet the fanbase is far higher than Halo 1 and 2 combined and its been competitive for the last 6 years and its been around for 7, oh and it was a mod. There is no strategy in Halo, run'n gun is as boring as paint drying, CS is poker and Halo2 is connect 4 graduating from tic-tac-toe that Halo 1 was..

StephenHu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#18 StephenHu
Member since 2003 • 2852 Posts
HALO 2 online was really sweet but honestly, css trimuphs over it, surf maps,dm mod,rpg mod,gun game mod, fy maps, etc. theres a ton of variety and the game is addicting as ever. the battlefield series (NOT MODERN COMBAT)is also the king of online gaming, play bf2 on a 64 player map with 64 ppl, on a good squad and its pure awesome sauce 
mish55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 64

#19 mish55
Member since 2005 • 6995 Posts

i bet you hate call of duty3 and battle field

ragrdoll21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 ragrdoll21
Member since 2006 • 6048 Posts
[QUOTE="Huxley_00"]wasn't a review.. was just my impressions of the online portion of the game thnx for trying to spin it off as a review though!

2 hit killz everytime?Your so full of it.
Avatar image for nextgengaming18
nextgengaming18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 nextgengaming18
Member since 2006 • 2719 Posts
YOu played one mode online. The 1 hit kill mode that is similar to the one in halo. If you want, you could play any other type of mode. If you believe that bullets do too much damage you could change the modifications of weapon damage to 50%. This makes me believe you haven't played the game otherwise you would know this.. I really dislike that people don't understand that online is fully customizable. It seems like you think this game is like Halo 2   which doesn't have any customization at all. Play the game, then post here..
GsSanAndreas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 GsSanAndreas
Member since 2004 • 3075 Posts
2 bullets? the only time it takes 2 bullets is awp or rocket launcher other times its like full clips, its alot harder to get kills if your not good
bri360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 bri360
Member since 2005 • 2755 Posts
I play RFOM at a friends house a couple days ago and the whole game was pretty disapointing, like it was good but, it wasnt nearly as good as people were hyping it.
TrueReligion_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 TrueReligion_
Member since 2006 • 11037 Posts
This thread is garbage. The game is great offline and online. You probably never played the game before.
Ragashahs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Ragashahs
Member since 2005 • 8785 Posts
1 or 2 bullts to kill someone? i now that a lie. except for a head with fareye or RPG there no way to die that quickly
Imallvol7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Imallvol7

[QUOTE="Imallvol7"]I like Resistance a whole lot, but since i can not be deranked, that kinda killed it for me. You can be horrible but play 24/7 and have a very high rankingPS3_3DO

Can I ask you a serious question? This isn't bashing PS3 online by the way I just want to know if there are any glitches people are using in PS3 games like some did in PS2 games.

i have yet to see any glitching or laggin.
navneet21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 navneet21
Member since 2003 • 1625 Posts
I play RFOM at a friends house a couple days ago and the whole game was pretty disapointing, like it was good but, it wasnt nearly as good as people were hyping it.bri360
I think you never played the game at your friends house.... the multiplayer was much better than I expected and I am unreal tournament and halo 2 fanboy... but why was it disappointing?
Imallvol7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Imallvol7
1 or 2 bullts to kill someone? i now that a lie. except for a head with fareye or RPG there no way to die that quicklyRagashahs
yeah, im confused by the tc. i dont even know if he really plays. RFOM takes alot of skill to be really good. Bullseye takes a who clip. only weapon that takes 2 is shotgun.
daveg1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#29 daveg1
Member since 2005 • 20405 Posts

damn im getting that game when i get my ps3 in march...:(

j/k i wouldnt take gamespots review as gospel so you  know what i think of yours....:wink:

SwedBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 SwedBear
Member since 2003 • 84 Posts
Well, I've been playing the game now for a week (only game I got for the PS3 except fro the demos and GT:HD) and I kind of agree with the TC about the dissapointing online mode. The good thing first is of course the lagfee gaming. Since I import I play against americans and I still haven't noticed any lag. That's great. However - I've not been convinced by the map-design yet. Of the 10 or so ranked games I've played I've been quite irritated that the maps have felt not suitable for the number of people. I've played mostly non-team based games and in most maps swawning very close to another player has more been the rule than the exception. I'm not fond of a deisgn which means you basically have 30 people running around on a map that in many other games would just allow 16 people. you can't move without running into at least 2 others and in the end the gameplay becomes chaotic. Even the few team-based ranked games I've played have been the same. I definitely prefer CoD3 MP right now. It doesn't suck, it just isn't as good as I think it could be. Sicne I'm a sucker for playing online though i definitely will keep at it. For every 5 games where youa re frustrated due to the chaotic gaming there is a game session where verything works great. /B
ragrdoll21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 ragrdoll21
Member since 2006 • 6048 Posts
[QUOTE="SwedBear"]Well, I've been playing the game now for a week (only game I got for the PS3 except fro the demos and GT:HD) and I kind of agree with the TC about the dissapointing online mode. The good thing first is of course the lagfee gaming. Since I import I play against americans and I still haven't noticed any lag. That's great. However - I've not been convinced by the map-design yet. Of the 10 or so ranked games I've played I've been quite irritated that the maps have felt not suitable for the number of people. I've played mostly non-team based games and in most maps swawning very close to another player has more been the rule than the exception. I'm not fond of a deisgn which means you basically have 30 people running around on a map that in many other games would just allow 16 people. you can't move without running into at least 2 others and in the end the gameplay becomes chaotic. Even the few team-based ranked games I've played have been the same. I definitely prefer CoD3 MP right now. It doesn't suck, it just isn't as good as I think it could be. Sicne I'm a sucker for playing online though i definitely will keep at it. For every 5 games where youa re frustrated due to the chaotic gaming there is a game session where verything works great. /B

You must be playing small maps.You can have 40 on 40 on the bigger maps and not run into any one.Whats your GT?Mine is Shysun. I'll play a game or two with you,to show you what you're doing wrong.
Conker-Fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Conker-Fan
Member since 2007 • 1239 Posts

RFOM online reminds me of COD3 online

Goods- Not too much lag,variety of gametypes

Bads: Gametypes feel tacked on, feels too much like a mindless run and gun, mid game joining, no one uses chat much

WARRZONE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 WARRZONE
Member since 2006 • 1308 Posts
YOu played one mode online. The 1 hit kill mode that is similar to the one in halo. If you want, you could play any other type of mode. If you believe that bullets do too much damage you could change the modifications of weapon damage to 50%. This makes me believe you haven't played the game otherwise you would know this.. I really dislike that people don't understand that online is fully customizable. It seems like you think this game is like Halo 2   which doesn't have any customization at all. Play the game, then post here..nextgengaming18
I agree. Just a suggestion, play a ranked game if you don't like user created games or if you are too ignorant to find one you like.
Huxley_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Huxley_00

Bads: Gametypes feel tacked on, feels too much like a mindless run and gun, mid game joining, no one uses chat much

Conker-Fan
yea.. I also Hated cod3 multiplayer.. it's so retarded and pointless imo..
WARRZONE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 WARRZONE
Member since 2006 • 1308 Posts
[QUOTE="Conker-Fan"]

Huxley_00
yea.. I also Hated cod3 multiplayer.. it's so retarded and pointless imo..

RFOM multiplayer is sooo much better than COD3 multiplayer.
rabbidcrazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 rabbidcrazy
Member since 2006 • 371 Posts

wow was I dissapointed..

advice...

Huxley_00

Wow... you didn't really pay that much attention did you? You probably joined a server with one hit kills... :roll:

Next time you join a server... pay attention to the server modifications.

I play this game online all the time and it's pretty awesome. The only FPS I think that will beat it will be Battlefield: Bad Company. IMO Battlefield 2 for the consoles owns the Halo series. Bad Company will be no different.

EvilDrifter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 EvilDrifter
Member since 2004 • 792 Posts
[QUOTE="Spartan070"]I will admit, Halo 2 WHOMPS ALL OVER Resistence online...Dreams-Visions

WRONG Counter-Strike wins this easily.
CR00K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#38 CR00K
Member since 2006 • 2657 Posts
2 bullets? the only time it takes 2 bullets is awp or rocket launcher other times its like full clips, its alot harder to get kills if your not goodGsSanAndreas
   Co-sign.  The thread-maker is obviously mad because he's TERRIBLE at the game.  The only guns that you can kills someone that quick is the sniper rifle, rocket launcher, and the shotty in close range.  (There are a lot more weapons, trust me.)  This is one of the worst threads I've seen in a while.
palaric8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 palaric8
Member since 2006 • 2246 Posts

[QUOTE="Dreams-Visions"][QUOTE="Spartan070"]I will admit, Halo 2 WHOMPS ALL OVER Resistence online...MrGrimFandango

true playing CS for the last 4 years still loving it
dangerflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 dangerflash
Member since 2004 • 1889 Posts
[QUOTE="MrGrimFandango"]

[QUOTE="Dreams-Visions"][QUOTE="Spartan070"]I will admit, Halo 2 WHOMPS ALL OVER Resistence online...Gamer556

The problem with CS is how "bare bones" it is. It offers nothing outside of the standard game mode. Halo 2 still has the best online functionality to date, by far.

gun game mod, rpg mod, and zombie mod are great fun
EvilDrifter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 EvilDrifter
Member since 2004 • 792 Posts
Counter-Strike doesn't need mods, but the game does have mods. I usually don't play on mods, but here are some of my favorites. Surfing mod Climbing mod.
Stabby2486

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Stabby2486
Member since 2006 • 6688 Posts
[QUOTE="Gamer556"][QUOTE="MrGrimFandango"]

[QUOTE="Dreams-Visions"][QUOTE="Spartan070"]I will admit, Halo 2 WHOMPS ALL OVER Resistence online...dangerflash

The problem with CS is how "bare bones" it is. It offers nothing outside of the standard game mode. Halo 2 still has the best online functionality to date, by far.

gun game mod, rpg mod, and zombie mod are great fun

And don't forget the Metamod! :D

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7237451453430573504

ChipmunkDeluxe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 ChipmunkDeluxe
Member since 2006 • 3213 Posts
i love how people complain that a game only takes 1 or 2 shots to kill someone...thats realistic... everybody seems to love these Halo kind of games where you can unload an entire clip into people and they just live....which is very far from realistic... i like realistic games, and games with healthbars are just stupid..... even though i hate this games just because i dont like alien, deathmatch, crazy unrealistic guns kind of game...but i love the fact that it doesnt take a a ridiculous amount of shots to kill people..
da1on2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 da1on2
Member since 2006 • 4885 Posts
[QUOTE="ChipmunkDeluxe"]i love how people complain that a game only takes 1 or 2 shots to kill someone...thats realistic... everybody seems to love these Halo kind of games where you can unload an entire clip into people and they just live....which is very far from realistic... i like realistic games, and games with healthbars are just stupid..... even though i hate this games just because i dont like alien, deathmatch, crazy unrealistic guns kind of game...but i love the fact that it doesnt take a a ridiculous amount of shots to kill people..

actually it does take a rediculous amount of shots to kill someone with most weapons but in custom games alot of games use one hit kills or tuned up damage so it takes alot less
Leejjohno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Leejjohno
Member since 2005 • 13897 Posts

BF2 (PC) was pretty damn amazing as well.

Stabby2486

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Stabby2486
[QUOTE="MrGrimFandango"]

[QUOTE="Dreams-Visions"][QUOTE="Spartan070"]I will admit, Halo 2 WHOMPS ALL OVER Resistence online...Leejjohno

Have you tried any of the mods on it?

ninjacat11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#47 ninjacat11
Member since 2004 • 5008 Posts
Resistance has quite good online play. It grows on ya.

Granted, this is the first game I've ever played online, so what do I know?
Leejjohno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Leejjohno
Member since 2005 • 13897 Posts
[QUOTE="Leejjohno"][QUOTE="MrGrimFandango"]

[QUOTE="Dreams-Visions"][QUOTE="Spartan070"]I will admit, Halo 2 WHOMPS ALL OVER Resistence online...Stabby2486

Have you tried any of the mods on it?

Nothing more than more gore and slightly improved weapons/realism mods.

Stabby2486

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Stabby2486

Nothing more than more gore and slightly improved weapons/realism mods.

Have you checked out Forgotten Hope 2 or Project Reality?

Kahuna_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Kahuna_1
Member since 2006 • 7948 Posts

wow was I dissapointed..

advice...

Huxley_00

sounds like gears of war lol, i prefer offline play for it, and if you shoot someone in the face they need to die.