Plants vs. Zombies: GW PS4 - Higher res, better performance

• 136 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Dire_Weasel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#1 Dire_Weasel
Member since 2002 • 16681 Posts

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2014-plants-vs-zombies-garden-warfare-on-ps4-face-off

More powerful console = much better performance.

This is hardly news at this point, but there it is.

Moving onto performance, the PS4 puts in a superb effort, offering up a practically locked 60fps experience that hardly ever deviates from its intended target. The action remains solidly v-synced, so we never see any tearing, while interruptions in smoothness are kept to a minimum. Hectic scenes that see copious amounts of particle and lighting effects thrown around the environments sometimes cause rare interruptions in fluidity, but as we're only looking at one or two frame drops at most, these mild dips in performance go by mostly undetected.

Indeed, despite pushing 44 per cent more pixels on-screen, the experience on PS4 is more consistent than on the Xbox One when the engine is under stress. When all hell breaks loose we see a heavier drop in performance on Xbox One, while the PS4 usually maintains its solid 60fps lock without any fuss. In these scenes Garden Warfare displays an extra layer of fluidity on the Sony console - although we should point out that the core gameplay never feels compromised on the Xbox One. PS4 simply offers a slightly more refined version of the same experience.

Digital Foundry
freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52423 Posts

Big surprise there.

Avatar image for FreedomFreeLife
FreedomFreeLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 FreedomFreeLife
Member since 2013 • 3948 Posts

and PC has even higher res and better preform than PS4

parkurtommo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#4  Edited By parkurtommo
Member since 2009 • 28295 Posts

FreedomFreeLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By FreedomFreeLife

and Wii U version?

DEadliNE-Zero0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By DEadliNE-Zero0
Member since 2014 • 6607 Posts

@FreedomFreeLife said:

So, High end PC >>>>>Mid range PC >>>>> PS4>>xbone (disclaimer: samewhat hyperbolic)

Shocking news everyone

FreedomFreeLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By FreedomFreeLife

@deadline-zero0 said:

@FreedomFreeLife said:

So, High end PC >>>>>Mid range PC >>>>> PS4>>xbone (disclaimer: samewhat hyperbolic)

Shocking news everyone

Xbox One owners: "We get all games first. I played first, i won, you lost. We have homemedia and no other platform has it"

PS4 owners: "No way. PS4 is more powerful than PC. You can´t see the differences!!! You lying. PS4 is clearly best version"

Wii U owners: "Who wants to play this crap game anyway? We don´t need this crappy game"

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@FreedomFreeLife said:

If your hardware allowed which isn't the case for the majority of gamers out there..

DEadliNE-Zero0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 DEadliNE-Zero0

@tormentos said:

@FreedomFreeLife said:

If your hardware allowed which isn't the case for the majority of gamers out there..

There's no need to be upset

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 tormentos
@deadline-zero0 said:

@FreedomFreeLife said:

Shocking news everyone

88% of PC gamers will play it below PS4 level period,the majority will play it worse,and only a few will play it better.

Your constant damage control and total hiding on PC is a joke,we all know you are a lemming in Hermit suit...lol

@FreedomFreeLife said:

Xbox One owners: "We get all games first. I played first, i won, you lost. We have homemedia and no other platform has it"

PS4 owners: "No way. PS4 is more powerful than PC. You can´t see the differences!!! You lying. PS4 is clearly best version"

Wii U owners: "Who wants to play this crap game anyway? We don´t need this crappy game"

PS4 version >>>>>>>>>> xbox one version thanks for beta testing...lol

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 tormentos

@deadline-zero0 said:

Why would i be upset my PC has a 6 core 6350 with a R270....

But my PC cost me close to $700 dollars OS included my PS4 $399.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12 blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts
@FreedomFreeLife said:

Pretty much. Does anyone even care? Who actually bought Plants vs- Zombie: GW? How many gamers are waiting for the FREE PS+ or GWG version a year from now?

DEadliNE-Zero0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By DEadliNE-Zero0

@tormentos: It's all good my friend

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 blackace
@deadline-zero0 said:

@tormentos said:

@FreedomFreeLife said:

Gotta love El Tormo's damage control. Always makes me chuckle.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

Xbone can't even handle Plants VS Zombies and this pos is supposed to run games like The Witcher 3 and Dragon Age: I? lol this is gonna be guuud

gpuking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 gpuking
Member since 2004 • 3914 Posts

Man the coming months and years are gonna be torturous for the lems, just wait till AC Unity, Batman, Witcher 3, COD AW, FarCry4, Dragon Age faceoffs. Very tough time to be a lemming.

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#17 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14414 Posts

So many butthurt cows in this thread. So many lulz.

xxyetixx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 xxyetixx
Member since 2004 • 3041 Posts

I would hope that a game the PS4 gets 6 months later would look better regardless of the spec differences.

It's a fun little game which would be equally enjoyed no matter what system it's being played on. These differences mean nothing

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By blackace
@xxyetixx said:

I would hope that a game the PS4 gets 6 months later would look better regardless of the spec differences.

It's a fun little game which would be equally enjoyed no matter what system it's being played on. These differences mean nothing

P-vs-Z:GW was created way before all the SDK updates on the XB1. If the developer went back and updated the game using all the new tools and extra power, it would run exactly like the PS4 version. It's funny that when OutLast was released on the XB1 and DF said it was better then the PS4 version Cows claimed devs had more time to improve it. LMAO!! So i guess the same can't be said for P-vs-Z:GW

Kaze_no_Mirai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Kaze_no_Mirai
Member since 2004 • 11763 Posts

@tormentos said:
thanks for beta testing...lol

You cows really are the masters of spinning.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By tormentos

@blackace said:

Gotta love El Tormo's damage control. Always makes me chuckle.

What damage control.?

I have a PC with a R270 can play it already in superior form,in fact i own the game on PC..lol

Doesn't change the fact that 1080p 60FPS solid >>>>>>> 900p with sub 60FPS.

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 finalstar2007
Member since 2008 • 27952 Posts

Got the game on release date for $5 lol and im having a lot of fun with it i just want a good team to beat that Crazy mode -_-

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By GrenadeLauncher
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts

@blackace said:

P-vs-Z:GW was created way before all the SDK updates on the XB1. If the developer went back and updated the game using all the new tools and extra power, it would run exactly like the PS4 version. It's funny that when OutLast was released on the XB1 and DF said it was better then the PS4 version Cows claimed devs had more time to improve it. LMAO!! So i guess the same can't be said for P-vs-Z:GW

Hahahahaha, all this delusion. It took months of extra optimisation time to get Outlast to 1080p/60 on the Strugglebox and even then the frame rate still dropped more on it than the on the PS4. Love a good Crackace meltdown

Wonder how much better Peggle 2 will be, I remember reading about that game having frame rate drops on the fucking Xbone.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50537 Posts

@blackace said:
@xxyetixx said:

Lololol!

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 tormentos

@blackace said:
@xxyetixx said:

Sniper Elite 3 uses the xbox one SDK update and runs better on PS4 in fact as much as 30FPS advantage on PS4..

Loading Video...

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2014-outlast-face-off

Where the fu** DF say the xbox one version is better.? Where.?

In fact watch the video the games drops a hell of allot more on xbox one than on PS4 specially on gameplay scenes.

Even with the extra time the xbox one version deeps more..lol

Like always you inventing sh** is epic..hahaha but but but i am a manticore..lol

Dire_Weasel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Dire_Weasel
Member since 2002 • 16681 Posts

@blackace said:
@xxyetixx said:

That is some truly awful damage control, blackace. Just about what I expected, though, you didn't disappoint.

Avatar image for princessgomez92
PrincessGomez92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 201

#27 PrincessGomez92
Member since 2013 • 5747 Posts

I thought it was supposed to be an Xbox exclusive.

Strutten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Strutten
Member since 2008 • 1263 Posts

@tormentos said:

@blackace said:
@xxyetixx said:

Sniper Elite 3 uses the xbox one SDK update and runs better on PS4 in fact as much as 30FPS advantage on PS4..

Loading Video...

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2014-outlast-face-off

Where the fu** DF say the xbox one version is better.? Where.?

In fact watch the video the games drops a hell of allot more on xbox one than on PS4 specially on gameplay scenes.

Even with the extra time the xbox one version deeps more..lol

Like always you inventing sh** is epic..hahaha but but but i am a manticore..lol

Bolded part : They both got a fair share of drops, and only place wheres ps4 is actually in the "lead" (saying this because you use "drops hell of allot *Which is alot* but alot more xbox one) which is pretty much only in the fire scenes..

Underlined/bolded part : ps4 got the lowest drop, which is under 30 fps 28/29fps.. i would say pretty much equal in this game, only a minor fps win in "some cases" for xb1 and some for ps4.. just look at the whole video el tormented.. don't even try to make this a "win" for ps4 either. if anything its a draw..

edwardecl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 edwardecl
Member since 2005 • 2240 Posts

But the cloud?

OhSnapitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 OhSnapitz
Member since 2002 • 19282 Posts

Garden Warfare is fun as hell but has VERY little communication on the PS4.

GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 GrenadeLauncher

@princessgomez92 said:

A lot of games were.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 blackace

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@blackace said:

Hahahahaha, all this delusion. It took months of extra optimisation time to get Outlast to 1080p/60 on the Strugglebox and even then the frame rate still dropped more on it than the on the PS4. Love a good Crackace meltdown

Wonder how much better Peggle 2 will be, I remember reading about that game having frame rate drops on the fucking Xbone.

I guess you missed the part about it not using any of the updated SDK tools. lol!! It can easily run at 1080P 60fps right now if the devs went back and updated it. Give it a rest troll. Keep the tears flowing. Every smart gamer knows the XB1 launched bareboned with lots of important things missing that weren't going to be ready until now. XB1 was suppose to launch next month. Why do you think the XB1 is getting updates almost every month? WhyI keep saying "Greatness is coming."

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 blackace

@Dire_Weasel said:

@blackace said:
@xxyetixx said:

That is some truly awful damage control, blackace. Just about what I expected, though, you didn't disappoint.

Yes, the truth hurts. Bring those tears baby, bring those tears. You didn't disappoint either troll. Always making XB1 hate threads because your head is stuck in Sony's ass. lmao!!

Truth_Hurts_U

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#34 Truth_Hurts_U
Member since 2006 • 9703 Posts

@OhSnapitz:

Yeah, it's fun... I play PC... But the gd bots and AFK noob cakes make my head hurt.

GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By GrenadeLauncher

@blackace said:

I guess you missed the part about it not using any of the updated SDK tools. lol!! WhyI keep saying "Greatness is coming."

They had months of extra optimisation time. And that's not even taking into account Sniper Elite 3 and Metro Redux which were on the new SDKs and still underperformed on the Strugglebox.

It can easily run at 1080P 60fps right now if the devs went back and updated it.

Prove it.

Every smart gamer knows the XB1 launched bareboned with lots of important things missing that weren't going to be ready until now. XB1 was suppose to launch next month.

The leaked Xbone road map from 2011 showed that MS expected a new Nintendo console in 2012 and a new PlayStation console in 2013, and aimed for a 2013 release as a consequence.

Why do you think the XB1 is getting updates almost every month?

Because their engineers had to spend all their time pre-launch rewriting the Bone's shitty OS to get rid of the DRM.

Give it a rest troll. Keep the tears flowing.

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 finalstar2007
Member since 2008 • 27952 Posts

Anyone here plays the game on PS4 and want to beat Crazy mode? everytime i play online i end up with those who dont know how to play, PM me if so

Strutten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Strutten

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@blackace said:

Bolded : Care to find me a link to that ? tried some google searches.. didnt find anything ..

Also for the underlined part : it seems that cows are using the fire scene for "xbox drops more", but the funny part is when i press play on that analysis video, it starts with ps4 dropping ? and for being a better machine its seems that its underperforming for being sooo much stronger as cows says (stronger yes no doubt, but im really not seeing a THAT (soooo much stronger) massive jump from ps4 to x1 imo, ohh also ps4 is the one with the lowest drop ? (i think its under 30 fps)

Lay off the trolling dude. the ps4 isnt that magical :P

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 blackace

XB1 original launch date was Sept 2014 dumb dumb. Keep your tearing and damage control flowing. They were no where near ready to launch in Nov 2013. They still have things in the XB1 that are under NDA. All these updates are proof the XB1 isn't where it was suppose to be at when it launched in Nov 2013.

Keep crying..

http://www.ensenandoacomeramihijo.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/crying_cow-150x150.jpg

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#39 ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

It's not easy being a lemming.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts

@princessgomez92 said:

We thought the same of DR3.

GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By GrenadeLauncher

@blackace said:

XB1 original launch date was Sept 2014 dumb dumb. Keep your tearing and damage control flowing. They were no where near ready to launch in Nov 2013. They still have things in the XB1 that are under NDA. All these updates are proof the XB1 isn't where it was suppose to be at when it launched in Nov 2013.

Keep crying..

I literally just showed you an official MS document showing a projected late 2013 launch. When was the Xbone released again? Hmmm, let me think.

It's time to stop making excuses for your shit brand's shit console. It'll be a short generation so you won't have to be in purgatory for too long. For your sake, anyway.

They still have things in the XB1 that are under NDA.

And we'll top it off with some misterxmedia tier delusion.

I've never seen Crackace owned this hard this fast.

RoboCopISJesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By RoboCopISJesus
Member since 2004 • 2225 Posts

@tormentos said:
@deadline-zero0 said:

@FreedomFreeLife said:

Shocking news everyone

88% of PC gamers will play it below PS4 level period,

12% of PC gamers is more than the amount of PS4's gamers.

Killed.

GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By GrenadeLauncher

I found this gem too.

Ten year lifecycle, God help us if they're still clinging to that.

GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 GrenadeLauncher

@Strutten said:

Bolded : Care to find me a link to that ? tried some google searches.. didnt find anything ..

Also for the underlined part : it seems that cows are using the fire scene for "xbox drops more", but the funny part is when i press play on that analysis video, it starts with ps4 dropping ? and for being a better machine its seems that its underperforming for being sooo much stronger as cows says (stronger yes no doubt, but im really not seeing a THAT (soooo much stronger) massive jump from ps4 to x1 imo, ohh also ps4 is the one with the lowest drop ? (i think its under 30 fps)

Check out tormentos' video above. PS4 drops frames harder during cutscenes, but at least it doesn't hit during gameplay. Thief had the same problem too, for some reason.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 blackace

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@blackace said:

Keep crying..

I literally just showed you an official MS document showing a projected late 2013 launch. When was the Xbone released again? Hmmm, let me think.

It's time to stop making excuses for your shit brand's shit console. It'll be a short generation so you won't have to be in purgatory for too long. For your sake, anyway.

They still have things in the XB1 that are under NDA.

And we'll top it off with some misterxmedia tier delusion.

I've never seen Crackace owned this hard this fast.

Talk to AMD as they are the ones with the NDA's. Yes, the projected date was 2013, but they wanted to push it back to Sept 2014 because they weren't ready. Do some more research troll. Yes, you are definitely owning yourself GrenadeLicker. Very sad. Just as delusional as the rest of the cows on here.

GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By GrenadeLauncher

@blackace said:

Talk to AMD as they are the ones with the NDA's. Yes, the projected date was 2013, but they wanted to push it back to Sept 2014 because they weren't ready. Do some more research troll. Yes, you are definitely owning yourself GrenadeLicker. Very sad. Just as delusional as the rest of the cows on here.

How about you show me actual proof of this, like I have done, instead of throwing wild accusations about with no backing?

"Bu bu but the NDAs!!!" Yeah, I've heard that before. Somewhere in Russia, a village is missing its idiot.

Strutten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Strutten

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@Strutten said:

Check out tormentos' video above. PS4 drops frames harder during cutscenes, but at least it doesn't hit during gameplay. Thief had the same problem too, for some reason.

Which is the video i'm using/referring too, the cutscenes is still in game fyi, and based on the video its also on gameplay, same x1.. only that x1 doesnt really drop near as much in "cutscenes" as ps4.. which doesnt really help your point or w/e :), which i also was referring too.. a drop in frames is a drop in frames - but it seems like cows/fanboys only want to use that in favor for ps4.. makes me wonder, i would say if anything its a draw, despite ps4 being a better machine (for outlast).

Buy yeah, i did notice that in thief, weird stuff.

also did you have a link for the peggle part ? just curious.

GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 GrenadeLauncher

@Strutten said:

Which is the video i'm using/referring too, the cutscenes is still in game fyi, and based on the video its also on gameplay, same x1.. only that x1 doesnt really drop near as much in "cutscenes" as ps4.. which doesnt really help your point or w/e :), which i also was referring too.. a drop in frames is a drop in frames - but it seems like cows/fanboys only want to use that in favor for ps4.. makes me wonder, i would say if anything its a draw, despite ps4 being a better machine (for outlast).

You could argue that if you wanted to, you could also argue that if you're gonna have frame rate drops on consoles it may as well be during the uninteractive parts. Either way, it's not a good reflection on the Xbone for an indie game like Outlast to do the same or worst with more optimisation time.

As for Peggle 2's issues:

Peggle 2 on Xbox One has graphical issues. On at least a handful of levels, the framerate takes a huge dive. This isn’t some 3D-intensive first-person shooter. Peggle 2 is still just a 2D physics-based puzzler with the occasional particle effect. Regardless, PopCap must have still struggled to optimize it for Microsoft’s latest console.

That pedantry still lives in a few places, then, but are they the very best places? They would have been more welcome ironing out the annoying frame-rate issue that very occasionally crops up at exactly the same time you fire the ball,

Strutten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Strutten

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@Strutten said:

You could argue that if you wanted to, you could also argue that if you're gonna have frame rate drops on consoles it may as well be during the uninteractive parts. Either way, it's not a good reflection on the Xbone for an indie game like Outlast to do the same or worst with more optimisation time.

As for Peggle 2's issues:

Peggle 2 on Xbox One has graphical issues. On at least a handful of levels, the framerate takes a huge dive. This isn’t some 3D-intensive first-person shooter. Peggle 2 is still just a 2D physics-based puzzler with the occasional particle effect. Regardless, PopCap must have still struggled to optimize it for Microsoft’s latest console.

That pedantry still lives in a few places, then, but are they the very best places? They would have been more welcome ironing out the annoying frame-rate issue that very occasionally crops up at exactly the same time you fire the ball,

Could be, but lets just leave it at that :)..

Thanks for the links :)

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#50  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

Expected and I'm not surprised on PvZ performing better and being in a higher resolution considering the hardware differences.

Having Ex-Xbox head Peter Moore over at EA though has it's benefits like all these EA timed exclusive deals for Xbone.