Pirates annihilate this PC exclusive said developer

This topic is locked from further discussion.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#301 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts
[QUOTE="Loegi"]No proof, he doesn't even seem annoyed, and he even says it himself that the source he's claiming isn't accurate.WilliamRLBaker
oh its accurate its a complete fact if you dont release your pc game on steam then it gets pirated to hell and back.

Fact? I see no proof hillbilly.
lowe0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#302 lowe0
Member since 2004 • 13692 Posts
[QUOTE="WilliamRLBaker"][QUOTE="Loegi"]No proof, he doesn't even seem annoyed, and he even says it himself that the source he's claiming isn't accurate.clyde46
oh its accurate its a complete fact if you dont release your pc game on steam then it gets pirated to hell and back.

I'm curious as to how calling him a hillbilly strengthens your argument.
Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#303 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts
[QUOTE="lowe0"][QUOTE="clyde46"][QUOTE="WilliamRLBaker"] oh its accurate its a complete fact if you dont release your pc game on steam then it gets pirated to hell and back.

I'm curious how piracy is even an issue in this forum.
lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#304 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61478 Posts

I'm curious as to how calling him a hillbilly strengthens your argument.lowe0

I'm curious as to why you continue to straddle a fence, that you clearly fall on one side of. His argument was actually much better, as it called into question the legitimacy of Baker's claim... Something you have been seen doing to numerous "Hermits".

lowe0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#305 lowe0
[QUOTE="MBirdy88"][QUOTE="lowe0"][QUOTE="clyde46"] Fact? I see no proof hillbilly.

I'm curious how piracy is even an issue in this forum.

Pull up a chair, then, and join the discussion. We're talking about what platforms it impacts (all of them), how legitimate players and developers alike are harmed, and what can actually be done about it (nothing, since they'll crack it anyway and all you'll get for your trouble is a bill from your DRM provider and angry customers with false positives). So, go from there.
lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#306 lundy86_4

I'm curious how piracy is even an issue in this forum.MBirdy88

The forum is to debate which system is "better", and piracy is a known detractor of all systems. To a larger extent for some, than others.

lowe0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#307 lowe0

[QUOTE="lowe0"]I'm curious as to how calling him a hillbilly strengthens your argument.lundy86_4

I'm curious as to why you continue to straddle a fence, that you clearly fall on one side of. His argument was actually much better, as it called into question the legitimacy of Baker's claim... Something you have been seen doing to numerous "Hermits".

This again? I'm firmly on the consolite side of the fence, and I don't claim otherwise; nor to I claim to be unbiased (though I don't ignore people's posts just because they're fellow consolites).
lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#308 lundy86_4

This again? I'm firmly on the consolite side of the fence, and I don't claim otherwise; nor to I claim to be unbiased (though I don't ignore people's posts just because they're fellow consolites).lowe0

Yes. This again. I've seen you continually try to straddle an imaginary fence over the years... You also attempt to focus on undermining false claims, to which, you ignored Baker's post.

Now, this is System Wars, where the ToU has been changed. Clyde questioned the legitimacy of Baker's claim, and yes, called him a hillbilly. Big deal.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#309 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

[QUOTE="MBirdy88"]I'm curious how piracy is even an issue in this forum.lundy86_4

The forum is to debate which system is "better", and piracy is a known detractor of all systems. To a larger extent for some, than others.

Its a sad last resort to slander a platform, it has nothing to do with quality, its just an excuse for console trolls because they have nothing reallt tangible to fight back with. Case and point, the typical console trolls are in here trying to make this some sort of ownage.

130k sales for 2 indie devs is soooo ownage right consolites? :roll: , probably didnt shove it on the consoles because your precious companies milk developers into the grounds.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#310 lundy86_4

Its a sad last resort to slander a platform, it has nothing to do with quality, its just an excuse for console trolls because they have nothing reallt tangible to fight back with. Case and point, the typical console trolls are in here trying to make this some sort of ownage.

130k sales for 2 indie devs is soooo ownage right consolites? :roll: , probably didnt shove it on the consoles because your precious companies milk developers into the grounds.

MBirdy88

Not really. It's a legitimate sticking point. Don't attempt to trivialize what it is.

Trolls gathering around a topic hardly proves your point. System Wars is largely full of trolls.

----

This is a legitimate issue. However, that being said, there are some toolbag trolls who tend to gather around the PC topics.

lowe0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#311 lowe0

[QUOTE="lowe0"]This again? I'm firmly on the consolite side of the fence, and I don't claim otherwise; nor to I claim to be unbiased (though I don't ignore people's posts just because they're fellow consolites).lundy86_4

Yes. This again. I've seen you continually try to straddle an imaginary fence over the years... You also attempt to focus on undermining false claims, to which, you ignored Baker's post.

Now, this is System Wars, where the ToU has been changed. Clyde questioned the legitimacy of Baker's claim, and yes, called him a hillbilly. Big deal.

Honestly? I didn't read Baker's post. Not saw it and looked the other way, flat-out skimmed right past it. I'm not sure how that makes it wrong to call Clyde out for an unnecessary personal attack, so perhaps you'd like to make a case for it?
lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#312 lundy86_4

Honestly? I didn't read Baker's post. Not saw it and looked the other way, flat-out skimmed right past it. I'm not sure how that makes it wrong to call Clyde out for an unnecessary personal attack, so perhaps you'd like to make a case for it?lowe0

Nothing wrong with that, though it's a little odd, considering it was in the quote chain.

I've already stated why "personal attacks" are allowed, and are also commonly used. It's System Wars. Also, Baker's rather prone to flailing insults himself. Altogether, I would advise you just ignore it, and attack the argument itself... Or don't quote the poster.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#313 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46260 Posts

Pull up a chair, then, and join the discussion. We're talking about what platforms it impacts (all of them), how legitimate players and developers alike are harmed, and what can actually be done about it (nothing, since they'll crack it anyway and all you'll get for your trouble is a bill from your DRM provider and angry customers with false positives). So, go from there.lowe0

Go from there. Thats pretty much it, summarized

Discussion over:?

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#314 R4gn4r0k

[QUOTE="lowe0"]This again? I'm firmly on the consolite side of the fence, and I don't claim otherwise; nor to I claim to be unbiased (though I don't ignore people's posts just because they're fellow consolites).lundy86_4

Yeah idd, big deal. Baker calls people morons and idiots all of the time. I never seen lowe respond to that. Or ask him the same question as he did clyde.

lowe0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#315 lowe0

[QUOTE="lundy86_4"]

[QUOTE="lowe0"]This again? I'm firmly on the consolite side of the fence, and I don't claim otherwise; nor to I claim to be unbiased (though I don't ignore people's posts just because they're fellow consolites).R4gn4r0k

Yeah idd, big deal. Baker calls people morons and idiots all of the time. I never seen lowe respond to that. Or ask him the same question as he did clyde.

Tell you what. The next time someone calls someone a bad name, just run and get me, and I'll make them sit in timeout until they're ready to apologize. Or hey, you could just call them on it directly, instead of worrying about whether or not I saw it.
lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#316 lundy86_4

R4gn4r0k

Exactly. This forum is wrought with insults nowadays, and Baker's definitely not adverse to using them... "Your a moron"... I love the glaring error.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#317 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
[QUOTE="R4gn4r0k"]

[QUOTE="lundy86_4"]

lowe0

Tell you what. The next time someone calls someone a bad name, just run and get me, and I'll make them sit in timeout until they're ready to apologize. Or hey, you could just call them on it directly, instead of worrying about whether or not I saw it.

Lowel, you are a filthy console hillbilly peasant. There you go, I have probably extended this thread by 500 posts.
R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#318 R4gn4r0k

Tell you what. The next time someone calls someone a bad name, just run and get me, and I'll make them sit in timeout until they're ready to apologize. Or hey, you could just call them on it directly, instead of worrying about whether or not I saw it. lowe0

You brought it up. You responded to someone soley for the insult and not everything else he said in his post.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#319 R4gn4r0k

[QUOTE="R4gn4r0k"]

lundy86_4

Exactly. This forum is wrought with insults nowadays, and Baker's definitely not adverse to using them... "Your a moron"... I love the glaring error.

I think that is the reason why clyde mentioned it. Because he calls names himself all of the time.

I'm still not for calling people names, but clyde should not be called out for calling William anything. Let the first one without sins throw the stone or something like that:P

lowe0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#320 lowe0

[QUOTE="lowe0"]Tell you what. The next time someone calls someone a bad name, just run and get me, and I'll make them sit in timeout until they're ready to apologize. Or hey, you could just call them on it directly, instead of worrying about whether or not I saw it. R4gn4r0k

You brought it up. You responded to someone soley for the insult and not everything else he said in his post.

I did bring it up. What I'm wondering is why I'm getting criticized for it when you could have criticized either Clyde's insult, or any of Baker's alleged prior insults, instead.
lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#321 lundy86_4

I think that is the reason why clyde mentioned it. Because he calls names himself all of the time.

I'm still not for calling people names, but clyde should not be called out for calling William anything. Let the first one without sins throw the stone or something like that:P

R4gn4r0k

Hehe, personally I find it all rather fun. The forum has gone to sh*t, but if you can't beat 'em, you may as well wade waist-deep in the sh*t and start flingin'!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#322 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
[QUOTE="R4gn4r0k"]

[QUOTE="lowe0"]Tell you what. The next time someone calls someone a bad name, just run and get me, and I'll make them sit in timeout until they're ready to apologize. Or hey, you could just call them on it directly, instead of worrying about whether or not I saw it. lowe0

I did bring it up. What I'm wondering is why I'm getting criticized for it when you could have criticized either Clyde's insult, or any of Baker's alleged prior insults, instead.

Because we don't mind insults, you just have any chance to have a go about nothing related to the topic. stop white knighting a meant to be harsh forum. Baker insults people AND actually DOES look like a friggin hill billy, whats the big deal, can't you handle banter? wtf is the point in picking up on this minor crap in every thread, oh wait, its only against hermits.
Iantheone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#323 Iantheone
Member since 2007 • 8242 Posts
[QUOTE="lowe0"] Pull up a chair, then, and join the discussion. We're talking about what platforms it impacts (all of them), how legitimate players and developers alike are harmed, and what can actually be done about it (nothing, since they'll crack it anyway and all you'll get for your trouble is a bill from your DRM provider and angry customers with false positives). So, go from there.

It affects all platforms yes, but none of which really in a bad way. You still need to buy the platform to buy them. Don't see how legitimate players are harmed, they normally get better support for their games and get multiplayer. The only Devs that are harmed are the ones who can't deal with this change in the industry. The same goes for distributors. Steam has never been bigger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#324 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
[QUOTE="Iantheone"][QUOTE="lowe0"] Pull up a chair, then, and join the discussion. We're talking about what platforms it impacts (all of them), how legitimate players and developers alike are harmed, and what can actually be done about it (nothing, since they'll crack it anyway and all you'll get for your trouble is a bill from your DRM provider and angry customers with false positives). So, go from there.

It affects all platforms yes, but none of which really in a bad way. You still need to buy the platform to buy them. Don't see how legitimate players are harmed, they normally get better support for their games and get multiplayer. The only Devs that are harmed are the ones who can't deal with this change in the industry. The same goes for distributors. Steam has never been bigger

This. If piracy was killing PC gaming then we would not be in first place, not have the most games, and not generate the most revanue. and games like this will not be EXCLUSIVE to th eplatform. Lowel is hiding behind his little troll mask so ignore him. He knows full well this thread was made to attack hermits, he manages to try and convert it to a honest discussion, what a load of crap.
clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#325 clyde46
A little banter and it all goes to sh!t.
R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#326 R4gn4r0k

I did bring it up. What I'm wondering is why I'm getting criticized for it when you could have criticized either Clyde's insult, or any of Baker's alleged prior insults, instead.lowe0

Because I'm not like you.

Where am I critizing you exactly ? I'm just stating some things.

Hehe, personally I find it all rather fun. The forum has gone to sh*t, but if you can't beat 'em, you may as well wade waist-deep in the sh*t and start flingin'!

lundy86_4

I think its rather childish because it doesn't accomplish anything. "Oh you don't like something that I like, you are an idiot"

I've never seen you use insults.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#327 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
A little banter and it all goes to sh!t.clyde46
I will never respond to him before others now, but so many people still bite his crap (me included in this thread) it only takes one person to respond to his initial post to spark this rubbish, can we like, not trigger it?
Riadon2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#328 Riadon2
Member since 2011 • 1598 Posts

Successful-troll-is-successful.jpg.

Loegi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#329 Loegi
Member since 2009 • 1692 Posts
It went to sh*t the second somebody mentioned piracy.
lowe0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#330 lowe0
[QUOTE="Iantheone"][QUOTE="lowe0"] Pull up a chair, then, and join the discussion. We're talking about what platforms it impacts (all of them), how legitimate players and developers alike are harmed, and what can actually be done about it (nothing, since they'll crack it anyway and all you'll get for your trouble is a bill from your DRM provider and angry customers with false positives). So, go from there.

Already explained how legitimate customers are harmed - whatever doesn't get made because the developer is either insufficiently motivated or simply runs out of resources.
lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#331 lundy86_4

I think its rather childish because it doesn't accomplish anything. "Oh you don't like something that I like, you are an idiot"

R4gn4r0k

Oh, i'd never use those kinds of insults... That's just sad.

I do use the odd one, but it's mostly towards the complete boobs on this site. Legitimate posters can expect semi-serious responses from me :P

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#332 lundy86_4

Look what you did, clyde :x

loosingENDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#333 loosingENDS
Member since 2011 • 11793 Posts

[QUOTE="loosingENDS"]

If piracy is 30% on consoles, it is like 99,9% on PC

R4gn4r0k

...Aaaaaand loosingENDS is back to trolling. That was faster than I thought

Piracy on PC is huge

Skyrim sold 1 million on PC and 6+ million on 360

Witcher 2 sold 1 million on PC and 4 million were pirated by CD PRoject numbers

It is really terrible

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#334 clyde46

[QUOTE="R4gn4r0k"]

[QUOTE="loosingENDS"]

loosingENDS

Piracy on PC is huge

It is really terrible

No proof champ.
MrYaotubo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#335 MrYaotubo
Member since 2012 • 2884 Posts

[QUOTE="R4gn4r0k"]

[QUOTE="loosingENDS"]

loosingENDS

Piracy on PC is huge

It is really terrible

Skyrim sold almost 4 million copies on the PC,2.3Millions retail and rest DD,TW2 has sold around 2Millions on the PC and 400k on the 360 lol. And those numbers of the witcher 2 you mentioned were proven innacurate by CDP themselves,andf the biggest proof was that by the end of the year among the top 5 most pirated games TW2 wasn´t there and the lowest on the top 5 had 1.7M copies pirated,so TW2 had even lessthan that. And with piracy so huge yet Diablo 3 completely destroyed in sales pretty much every 360 and PS3 exclsuives in just two months! :lol:
lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#336 lundy86_4

Piracy on PC is huge

It is really terrible

loosingENDS

Source for these figures?

So, The Witcher 2 sold more on PC, even with the supposed extensive pirating? lol.

santoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#337 santoron
Member since 2006 • 8584 Posts

Pull up a chair, then, and join the discussion. We're talking about what platforms it impacts (all of them), how legitimate players and developers alike are harmed, and what can actually be done about it (nothing, since they'll crack it anyway and all you'll get for your trouble is a bill from your DRM provider and angry customers with false positives). So, go from there.lowe0

So you're debating ad nauseam something that is ubiquitous, and you cannot impact.

In other words you're blowing just to blow.

santoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#338 santoron
Member since 2006 • 8584 Posts

[QUOTE="R4gn4r0k"]

lundy86_4

Oh, i'd never use those kinds of insults... That's just sad.

I do use the odd one, but it's mostly towards the complete boobs on this site. Legitimate posters can expect semi-serious responses from me :P

Until the bar opens! Amirite?

bazinga.gif

Bazinga!:D

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#339 lundy86_4

Until the bar opens! Amirite?

bazinga.gif

Bazinga!:D

santoron

This is true... Then, it's only people who deserve it :P

Cruxis27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#340 Cruxis27
Member since 2006 • 2057 Posts

He's just happy people are playing it. True story.

lowe0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#341 lowe0

[QUOTE="lowe0"]Pull up a chair, then, and join the discussion. We're talking about what platforms it impacts (all of them), how legitimate players and developers alike are harmed, and what can actually be done about it (nothing, since they'll crack it anyway and all you'll get for your trouble is a bill from your DRM provider and angry customers with false positives). So, go from there.santoron

So you're debating ad nauseam something that is ubiquitous, and you cannot impact.

In other words you're blowing just to blow.

While I find I agree with some of the broad strokes put forth on the topic of piracy by PC gamers, I've still found plenty to debate in this thread. If I'm not going to argue, what's the point of posting here?
Bebi_vegeta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#342 Bebi_vegeta
Member since 2003 • 13558 Posts

[QUOTE="Bebi_vegeta"]

[QUOTE="lowe0"] The question wasn't whether ads were present. It's whether we're capable of purchasing games without a million dollar campaign behind them. Do you have any conclusive evidence that we're not capable of that?lowe0

No, not really since I didn't do an investigation... I was only talking about Dishonored.

Okay, so if you don't have anything to say about Riadon's statement, what's your point?

I was talking about Dishonored, are you following ?

PublicNuisance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#343 PublicNuisance
Member since 2009 • 4582 Posts

Funny that the developer doesn't seem to care that much

"And I definitely want people to experience the game the way it's meant to be experienced. No matter how they got a hold of it.""

He is trying to turn the pirates into paying customers through kindness.

RyuRanVII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#344 RyuRanVII
Member since 2006 • 4257 Posts

Hotline Miami sold more than 100k copies and it's getting a sequel. Even with all the piracy people can't deny it's success on PC.

lowe0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#345 lowe0

[QUOTE="lowe0"][QUOTE="Bebi_vegeta"]

No, not really since I didn't do an investigation... I was only talking about Dishonored.

Bebi_vegeta

Okay, so if you don't have anything to say about Riadon's statement, what's your point?

To confirm, then, do you think console gamers were capable of purchasing Dishonored without the marketing campaign? BTW, since the original statement said "only", this is a yes or no question.

Bebi_vegeta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#346 Bebi_vegeta

[QUOTE="Bebi_vegeta"]

[QUOTE="lowe0"] Okay, so if you don't have anything to say about Riadon's statement, what's your point?lowe0

To confirm, then, do you think console gamers were capable of purchasing Dishonored without the marketing campaign? BTW, since the original statement said "only", this is a yes or no question.

Probably... I don't know. When I was a more of a console gamer, I'd just go at the store and see what's the game with the most boxes on the shelfs.

lowe0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#347 lowe0

[QUOTE="lowe0"]

[QUOTE="Bebi_vegeta"]

Bebi_vegeta

Probably... I don't know. When I was a more of a console gamer, I'd just go at the store and see what's the game with the most boxes on the shelfs.

Follow up question: are PC gamers' reasons for purchasing Dishonored any different than console gamers'?
Chris_Williams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#348 Chris_Williams
Member since 2009 • 14882 Posts

Hotline Miami sold more than 100k copies and it's getting a sequel. Even with all the piracy people can't deny it's success on PC.

RyuRanVII
...a indie game developer not caring about game sales is not the same as a AAA developer who needs to sale a certain amount of copies to keep the lights on. Indie developers rarely have anything to lose, oh people don't buy my game then its back to the drawing board. Big titles with alot of people working on it don't have that luxury, people can lose their jobs. But of course you guys don't care about that, you take a few indie developers and see them saying they don't care about piracy and think all developers think like that.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#349 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
[QUOTE="RyuRanVII"]

Chris_Williams
...a indie game developer not caring about game sales is not the same as a AAA developer who needs to sale a certain amount of copies to keep the lights on. Indie developers rarely have anything to lose, oh people don't buy my game then its back to the drawing board. Big titles with alot of people working on it don't have that luxury, people can lose their jobs. But of course you guys don't care about that, you take a few indie developers and see them saying they don't care about piracy and think all developers think like that.

Whoa, talk about spinning a topic to suit yourself. The fact that PC still gets the most ammount of big releases tells us ALL that the problem is overblown.
Bebi_vegeta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#350 Bebi_vegeta

[QUOTE="Bebi_vegeta"]

[QUOTE="lowe0"] To confirm, then, do you think console gamers were capable of purchasing Dishonored without the marketing campaign? BTW, since the original statement said "only", this is a yes or no question.

lowe0

Follow up question: are PC gamers' reasons for purchasing Dishonored any different than console gamers'?

Probably not. But the thing is, it's hard to compare. It seems console and PC are in the same crowd. I mean why does moderne warfare sell so good on console and so bad on PC.