Phill spencer vs Shawn Layden

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by lglz1337 (4942 posts) -

or actually Gamer vs Politician

Philly killed it and Shawn gonna F playstation up, mark my words you can just see it in his eyes!

his eyes is as evil looking as kinect!

thank you phill for removing kinect, makes it easier to jump ship, Shawn better change your eyes!

Shawn Layden reminds me of Don Mattrick and that's bad!

Avatar image for FreedomFreeLife
#2 Posted by FreedomFreeLife (3948 posts) -

Jack Tretton is better than Shawn Layden

Clearly Phill won the show. He showed games, no 3D, online bullshit talk. Only games, games and games. He even twitter people. He is good guy.

#3 Posted by Floppy_Jim (25834 posts) -

Tretton was the man. I think his replacement left a trail of slime on the stage floor.

Phil's neat. They seriously need someone likeable and he is that person.

#4 Posted by Ragnarok1051 (20184 posts) -

I liked them both. Much better than that Ubisoft lady.

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
#5 Posted by deactivated-57ad0e5285d73 (21398 posts) -

Reggie and Iwata are the answers.

#6 Edited by edwardecl (2240 posts) -

You realise these people are only part of a team right?

Looks to me like the team is just fine. It can't all be about the games, you have to have some filler. Microsoft filled their presentation up with multiplats for the most part, and a big mistake was to not talk about what they were doing with their online service people pay $60 for.

#7 Posted by sukraj (27508 posts) -

I like phil spencer

#8 Posted by FoxbatAlpha (10669 posts) -

Phil was great. This Shawn guy? That guy needs to go somewhere. He was trying his hardest to hype F2P on a $400 console. A sign Sony is broke. He emphasizes "free" a few times and the first vid shows you have to pay for some of the content shown. WTF?

#9 Posted by Solid_Max13 (3588 posts) -

@FoxbatAlpha said:

Phil was great. This Shawn guy? That guy needs to go somewhere. He was trying his hardest to hype F2P on a $400 console. A sign Sony is broke. He emphasizes "free" a few times and the first vid shows you have to pay for some of the content shown. WTF?

I don't think he had much choice considering Andrew House and others took roles to pretty much took reigns to announce games, he seems ok Phil Spencer is great for Xbox, and really you still on the whole "sony is broke" tyrade? It's old now get over it, Playstation is not going anywhere, and do some research before making some asinine comments you have no clue in which your talking about.

#10 Posted by FoxbatAlpha (10669 posts) -

@Solid_Max13 said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

I don't think he had much choice considering Andrew House and others took roles to pretty much took reigns to announce games, he seems ok Phil Spencer is great for Xbox, and really you still on the whole "sony is broke" tyrade? It's old now get over it, Playstation is not going anywhere, and do some research before making some asinine comments you have no clue in which your talking about.

I will have to find Kaz's quote about Sony's situation. Give me a sec.

#11 Posted by freedomfreak (50213 posts) -

Phil.

Sony had so many dudes pulling forced jokes, and unnecessary rambling on stage. It was annoying.
Phil be like woosh, gon' change mah shirt now, xbruh.

#12 Posted by FoxbatAlpha (10669 posts) -

@FoxbatAlpha said:

@Solid_Max13 said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

I will have to find Kaz's quote about Sony's situation. Give me a sec.

It's Now or Never

Hirai vows to complete overhaul of electronics business this financial year.

Sony's top executive vowed to finish reforming its troubled electronics business by next April, saying the company has no choice if it wants to return to growth.

"If we cannot execute all the things we need to get done this fiscal year and generate real results, it will be all but impossible to envision a growth strategy for the mid- to long term," CEO Kazuo Hirai said at a corporate strategy meeting on Thursday.

#13 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (19564 posts) -

Who the hell is Shawn Layden and what can I do to please him ?

#14 Edited by Shewgenja (19533 posts) -

Just because someone isn't a strong presenter does not mean they are bad with business. Only in videogames does a CEO have to sing and dance in front of a camera for international audiences. This thread is bad and you should feel bad for making it.

#15 Posted by Scipio8 (927 posts) -

I hope for Sony's sake Shawn never sets foot on the stage again

#16 Posted by Scipio8 (927 posts) -

@Shewgenja said:

Just because someone isn't a strong presenter does not mean they are bad with business. Only in videogames does a CEO have to sing and dance in front of a camera for international audiences. This thread is bad and you should feel bad for making it.

Phil Spencer is not the best presenter I've seen but he is genuine. This Shawn guy is a suit, in fact Sony's presser was full of suits. Looks like Xbox got all the good guys from Sony in Phil Harrison and Jeff Rubenstein. I like Jack Tretton, good he jumped and hope he goes to a company that is actually going places.

#17 Posted by Shewgenja (19533 posts) -

@Scipio8 said:

@Shewgenja said:

Phil Spencer is not the best presenter I've seen but he is genuine. This Shawn guy is a suit, in fact Sony's presser was full of suits. Looks like Xbox got all the good guys from Sony in Phil Harrison and Jeff Rubenstein. I like Jack Tretton, good he jumped and hope he goes to a company that is actually going places.

Now if only ANYONE at an MS press event could get the kind of standing O that Shuhei Yoshida got last night... Your post deserves this. Just own it and never do it again.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
#18 Edited by deactivated-5ac102a4472fe (7431 posts) -

Phil generally felt more like a Gamer, or atleast someone WHO cared about the product he is selling.

Granted they are both after the same thing, and none of hem cares about you in the slightest as soon as you dropped your Cash. But Phil is the better front figure due to ease of identifying with.

Just pretend that I wrote "Phill" everytime I wrote his name, can not be arsed to go back and check.

#19 Posted by good_sk8er7 (4327 posts) -

Spencer is great, I've always liked him. Laden really makes me miss Tretton.. I love Tretton :(