Phill Spencer: dx12 aid xbox to realize PDZ to Halo4 gains

This topic is locked from further discussion.

kbanna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By kbanna
Member since 2011 • 741 Posts

Interesting https://twitter.com/XboxP3/status/453002981730836481

"When you think about start of gen to end of gen teams learn a lot. DX12 will help as well, think PDZ to Halo 4."

Couth_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Couth_
Member since 2008 • 10369 Posts

Your title is a lie m8. He didn't say that. Don't be putting words in Phil Spenny's mouth

lglz1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3 lglz1337
Member since 2013 • 4959 Posts

nooo philly stop don't join the GFX debat stick woth the game plan. goddamnit

kbanna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 kbanna

@Couth_ said:

Your title is a lie m8. He didn't say that. Don't be putting words in Phil Spenny's mouth

Huh?

gta50419

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By gta50419
Member since 2010 • 350 Posts

Games in 3-4 years will make games like bf4 and ryse look like last gen, no doubt....

Opus_Rea-333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Opus_Rea-333
Member since 2013 • 1238 Posts

@lglz1337 said:

nooo philly stop don't join the GFX debat stick woth the game plan. goddamnit

Hahahah that denial at least hide it a bit.

Opus_Rea-333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Opus_Rea-333
Member since 2013 • 1238 Posts

@kbanna said:

@Couth_ said:

Huh?

Hes a Sony drone what did you expect? hes trying to derail the thread since thanks to that Spencer comment, Well thats a hint that DX12 will be a game changer for Xbox One.

But as we know PS4 graphics will also improve, By how much we dont know yet.

But yea the title of the thread need to be changed. At least abit.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

Oh no, more PR from sources that don't understand tech. It's almost as if the fans are begging to be confused and PR guys just grant the wish.

I want games for Xbone, bring the games. Not interested in PR from any company (Xbox PR , Nintendo PR, Playstation PR).

@Couth_ said:

Yes. Phil said one thing (still PR), the title says another. No good.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

Wake the fk up. Your system can't run CoD Ghosts... This is all that needs to be said

kbanna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 kbanna

@Opus_Rea-333 said:

@kbanna said:

@Couth_ said:

Huh?

Hes a Sony drone what did you expect? hes trying to derail the thread since thanks to that Spencer comment, Well thats a hint that DX12 will be a game changer for Xbox One.

Yeah I think both will improve. Maybe ps4 will stay ahead of the curve...who knows. I just want some true next gen experiences cause so far I'm unimpressed with both systems. Graphics are cool,,,but what else? I want something that plays and feels like next Gen gameplay as well as graphics.

I think people are loosing site of the bigger issue with this resolutiongate nonsense. If you are paying another $400 to $500 dollars for a new machine, you should be getting some "Avatar" type experiences from these machines. (not really , but you get my point)

scatteh316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 scatteh316
Member since 2004 • 10273 Posts

@kbanna said:

@Opus_Rea-333 said:

@kbanna said:

@Couth_ said:

Huh?

Yeah I think both will improve. Maybe ps4 will stay ahead of the curve...who knows. I just want some true next gen experiences cause so far I'm unimpressed with both systems. Graphics are cool,,,but what else? I want something that plays and feels like next Gen gameplay as well as graphics.

I think people are loosing site of the bigger issue with this resolutiongate nonsense. If you are paying another $400 to $500 dollars for a new machine, you should be getting some "Avatar" type experiences from these machines. (not really , but you get my point)

Won't happen dude, we've been at the point now where in terms of gameplay mechanics there's been nothing holding developers back for years.

360 and PS3 easily have the power to enable any game play you can get on PS4 and Xbone, granted they won't look as pretty while doing it but it can be done.

EnergyAbsorber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By EnergyAbsorber
Member since 2005 • 5112 Posts
@kbanna said:

@Couth_ said:

Huh?

He means you just worded it differently in your thread title.

I don't think he meant that DX12 will immediately make the difference like PD0 to Halo 4. DX12 will help make that difference from the start of the gen to the end of the gen. I think that's what he's trying to say but I could be wrong..

CrashNBurn281

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By CrashNBurn281
Member since 2014 • 1574 Posts

Misleading title. Phil stated that you would see similar improvements over the generation as you had last, and that DX12 would help with that.

He didn't say it would be secret sauce. Damn people need to read things in context.

Couth_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Couth_
Member since 2008 • 10369 Posts

@kbanna said:

@Couth_ said:

Huh?

He did not say "DX 12 Xbox 1 = Diff between PDZ and Halo4".. He said as developers learn the hardware and API, games look better, and DX12 will help.

Thought your OP was a troll but you really lack reading comprehension lol

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 GrenadeLauncher
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts

Games at the end of the gen look better than games at the start of the gen? No shit, Phil.

Are lemmings actually falling for this PR?

kbanna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 kbanna

#

@crashnburn281 said:

Misleading title. Phil stated that you would see similar improvements over the generation as you had last, and that DX12 would help with that.

He didn't say it would be secret sauce. Damn people need to read things in context.

Where did I say anything about secrete sauce? You Sony fans need to chill with that shit. Its getting old and corny. Any advancements that are even hinted at as it relates to the xbox is immediately labled "secrete sauce" and dismissed. Like we witnessed the best this machine has to offer 4 months in.

Bunch of hypocritical morons. MS , just like Sony last gen, made bets on their tech this gen. The cloud may very well be bullshit, same with DX12, and esram...but these are technologies they chose to integrate into their system and there is nothing wrong with letting it play out. If they fail , they fail.

But what's interesting and down right hypocritical .....is last gen when Sony bet on "the cell" and how "Blu-ray was suppose to be better for gaming" (remember that??) I did not see one xbox fan screaming "Secrete Sauce" in every single thread that parroted Sony's tech 4 months in.

kbanna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 kbanna

@Couth_ said:

@kbanna said:

@Couth_ said:

Huh?

He did not say "DX 12 Xbox 1 = Diff between PDZ and Halo4".. He said as developers learn the hardware and API, games look better, and DX12 will help.

Thought your OP was a troll but you really lack reading comprehension lol

No trick, you try making a thread with what you just said as the title.

Some one asked him specifically how dx12 would benefit the xbox. This was his answer. Seems He specifically mentioned DX 12 aiding in getting to that result. Which is what the title implied.

CrashNBurn281

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 CrashNBurn281

@kbanna said:

#

@crashnburn281 said:

Where did I say anything about secrete sauce? You Sony fans need to chill with that shit. Its getting old and corny. Any advancements that are even hinted at as it relates to the xbox is immediately labled "secrete sauce" and dismissed. Like we witnessed the best this machine has to offer 4 months in.

Bunch of hypocritical morons. MS , just like Sony last gen, made bets on their tech this gen. The cloud may very well be bullshit, same with DX12, and esram...but these are technologies they chose to integrate into their system and there is nothing wrong with letting it play out. If they fail , they fail.

But what's interesting and down right hypocritical .....is last gen when Sony bet on "the cell" and how "Blu-ray was suppose to be better for gaming" (remember that??) I did not see one xbox fan screaming "Secrete Sauce" in every single thread that parroted Sony's tech 4 months in.

Except your title indicates that Phil stated that DX12 would cause a jump in improvement like what was seen from PDZ to Halo 4. Making it sound like secret sauce. Which is not what he stated in the slightest.

Maybe you should reconsider your title if you do not want people misconstruing what you are intending on conveying.

kbanna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 kbanna
@crashnburn281 said:

@kbanna said:

#

@crashnburn281 said:

Except your title indicates that Phil stated that DX12 would cause a jump in improvement like what was seen from PDZ to Halo 4. Making it sound like secret sauce. Which is not what he stated in the slightest.

Maybe you should reconsider your title if you do not want people misconstruing what you are intending on conveying.

Here was the original question he was answering;

"how beneficial will DX12 be for XB1 only? Minor, moderate or large gain? Don't need specifics, just curious as to the expected gain."

Why bring up DX12 at all if he is only implying normal generational gains that all consoles have 10 years in???? I read it as DX12 helping to get to that level of difference (pdz to halo4).

kbanna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 kbanna

@crashnburn281 said:

@kbanna said:

#

@crashnburn281 said:

Ok Title is changed

CrashNBurn281

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 CrashNBurn281

@kbanna said:
@crashnburn281 said:

@kbanna said:

#

@crashnburn281 said:

Here was the original question he was answering;

"how beneficial will DX12 be for XB1 only? Minor, moderate or large gain? Don't need specifics, just curious as to the expected gain."

Why bring up DX12 at all if he is only implying normal generational gains that all consoles have 10 years in???? I read it as DX12 helping to get to that level of difference (pdz to halo4).

Context is once again where his statement is key.

Phil answered the persons statement without actually giving a specific answer.

He referenced the start of a gen and the end of a gen and that teams learn a lot along the way. He then stated that DX12 would (HELP), then again referenced the start (PDZ) to the end (Halo 4).

GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 GrenadeLauncher

Of course there's no specifics. It wouldn't be Xbox if there were no specifics. 3 billion transistors! 2.7 million minutes! 20 million hours of fun!

Avatar image for deactivated-5cf3bfcedc29b
deactivated-5cf3bfcedc29b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 deactivated-5cf3bfcedc29b
Member since 2014 • 776 Posts

@kbanna said:

#

@crashnburn281 said:

They say secret sauce because, lems. Act like it will make th X1 even with the PS4 (Never going to happen!). They have every right making fun of them for that.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

@FastRobby said:

@silversix_ said:

Wake the fk up. Your system can't run CoD Ghosts... This is all that needs to be said

Read a book

Reading books is for teh girlz.

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#27 kuu2
Member since 2005 • 12060 Posts

Cows jimmys rustled whenever DX12 and improvements are discussed.

GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 GrenadeLauncher

@kuu2 said:

Cows jimmys rustled whenever DX12 and improvements are discussed.

Predictable shitposting from kuu2 as per.

rrjim1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#29 rrjim1
Member since 2005 • 1983 Posts

@twizded said:

@kbanna said:

#

@crashnburn281 said:

They say secret sauce because, lems. Act like it will make th X1 even with the PS4 (Never going to happen!). They have every right making fun of them for that.

Hardware won't do shit without great software. Sony always = piss poor software!

Avatar image for indigenous_euphoria
indigenous_euphoria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 indigenous_euphoria
Member since 2013 • 255 Posts

@kbanna said:

#

@crashnburn281 said:

Well said!

lglz1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 lglz1337
Member since 2013 • 4959 Posts

don't start the GFX battle MS you loose stay with games, games, games mantra

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44033 Posts

The new Halo will be the new graphics king and as always, game play king as well. :P

Anyhooey, yeah, like always we'll see a nice progression from start of gen until end of gen. Still, wish these new consoles wouldn't have launched till this year and be at least twice as potent but eh, I'll likely pick One late this year if I find the right deal.

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 misterpmedia
Member since 2013 • 6209 Posts

@rrjim1 said:

@twizded said:

@kbanna said:

#

@crashnburn281 said:

Hardware won't do shit without great software. Sony always = piss poor software!

Nice bad opinion there, friendo. Shame it's not fact like you want it to be so bad, heh.